So whats Sup Forumss take on GOP-care, seems like the gist of it is:

So whats Sup Forumss take on GOP-care, seems like the gist of it is:

>removes employer / individual mandate to buy insurance. Instead you will be charged up to a 30% surcharge for insurance if you have a 2+ month gap in coverage
>reduces standards plans have to meet, but eliminates all grandfathered plans. Keeps some obamacare rules, like insurance providers can't deny coverage, and you can stay on your parents insurance till you're 26.
>instead of getting a subsidy limiting the maximum cost to you by your income, you get a straight $2,000-14,000 in essentially cash (depending on your age and family) if you make less than $75k / 150 for joint, then the benefit tapers off till around $100/200k. So they are saying this benefits middle class people making over ballpark $50k, while is not as good for low income people making less than that compared to Obamacare.
>removes obamacare taxes like the surtax on investment income, tax on heath insurance exec salaries, "cadillac" tax, etc.
>Obamacare medicaid funding extended till 2020, but then will be substantially reduced, tightens eligibility for medicaid
>Plans cannot cover abortions and bars providers of abortions (*cough* planned parenthood), from medicaid reimbursements

Other urls found in this thread:

uta.edu/faculty/story/2311/Misc/2013,2,26,MedicalCostsDemandAndGreed.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

useless piece of political ammunition.

imo it essentially is the definition of obamacare-lite.

additionally i think the 30% charge prohibits you from buying insurance.

makes me glad that I have the VA as an option. Can't be $8 copay on $4000 meds.

doesn't address the gouging of goods and services by pharma cunts charging 10x the price to Americans just because they're American

I thought this guy could negotiate, instead he'll allow Americans to keep getting shafted on price

fuck him and fuck this retarded law and the one before it, still a sweetheart deal for pharma and insurance, two of the biggest rackets going

It's a stupid cuckservative plan. Just fucking repeal Obama care, eliminate the insurance monopolies, and deregulate entry into insurance. All you need is some competition and prices will come down. I hate the cucks so much.

>$4000 meds.

those 4000.00 meds cost 128 dollars in Germany and England

Americans are getting shafted just because the tax base covers the bills and everyone is too corrupt to negotiate the prices down

>I hate the cucks so much.
the only thing that will change this lunacy is if pharma cunts show up at their office building for work and it was burned to the ground during the night,

keep destroying facilities with no casualties and eventually they'll get the message and change the policy

like the weather underground

I have a feeling him and Trudeau talked about repatriating drugs from Canada at a lower cost, so at least until he takes a crack at the corporate tax rates it should offset some prescription costs a little.

>ACA
$ 300 Penalty if you have no insurance
>This shit
30% bill increase for the rest of your life per policy change

The price for no insurance under Obama? 300. The price with this bill, assuming you manage to get a plan that is 125ish a month is 430 a year if you didn't have insurance at one point in your life.

TLDR: Trumptards are retarded

right, I think the VA and Tricare (so basically military) are the only entities in the US that negotiate on drug prices. The VA pays like 40% of what everyone else pays.

Either way it makes up for a minor service connected disability to have that as an option when our healthcare system is so fucked up.

Not true you poorfag, my penalty was 500, 1000, and 1500.

I believe the 30% surcharge is only for a year, but its still bad because it harder for you to buy insurance if you have a gap in coverage. It also doesn't make much sense, because the whole point of the individual mandate was to prevent people from not buying insurance until the time they actually needed it. With the surcharge you can continue to not buy it until you get really sick, then just pay a 30% surcharge over base rate for a year.

You think trump wrote this shit? It's the fucking cuckservative who did

Yeah, it's bullshit, fuck Trump. I can't believe I voted against my interests as a lower income parent, I have failed my children. Severe depression incoming...

We really need to meme cucks like Ryan out of office in 2018. These assholes need to be destroyed.

>30% surcharge for insurance if you have a 2+ month gap in coverage
So there's still a penalty for not being insured. REEEEEEEEEE

>$2,000-$14,000 cash
Does this go towards insurance bills of OutOfPocket costs? And what determines whether someone gets $14,000 or $2000? Where are the lines drawn?

Why is this just Obamacare lite?

Healthcare is one thing free market can't really fix because it's life or death, there's really no shopping around for the best deals when its your life. If your doctor prescribes a particular drug, you can't just go and say "well how about I get this cheaper alternative instead, I mean, they're prescribed for the same thing right?" Unless it's a generic version of the EXACT same drug, then it's okay.. but if it's not the same drug but just in the same class? You're gambling with your life there, because your doctor prescribed that particular drug based on your history and other medications you're taking, what if the alternative you choose based on price has bad interactions with another medication you're on and kills you? What if the one the doctor prescribed is okay for someone with a history of bleeding problems but the one you choose to be cheaper causes a bleeding ulcer that won't stop bleeding?

It's not something solved through competition because drugs can be very specific and there's not always an alternative.

Generics on everything would be nice, but without patents, why would a pharmaceutical company spend the money on FDA trials?

>Well just get rid of the FDA ...

Well then we've got proverbial snake oil salesmen again, we can't be sure that our medicines are safe or do what they're advertised to do.

I mean it's all a clusterfuck but what else do you do if you want to make sure your drugs are safe, effective, and that companies are encouraged to innovate?

it's the same sugar sweetheart deals we give to everybody getting nothing in exchange, did you know the federal government subsidizes the price of American sugar to the tune of 10x the global price? the taxpayer will buy any sugar you can't sell for 10x the global market price, what the fuck is that? some insider scam that only benefits two billionaire spics outside Miami

same shit with telecomm, those signals need use of the public commons, they have to travel through airspace owned by the public, but do they pay? no instead we give it to them for free so they can rape the consumer when it would be quite easy to make them pay for it's use and give the public a dividend on those funds like Alaska does with it's natural resources

the drug prices are a fucking joke, we pay 15x what they pay in London even with the exchange rate,

we're getting raped and nobody is saying shit not even Trump.

time to blow up some buildings, just don't hurt anybody

>Healthcare is one thing free market can't really fix because it's life or death,

thats bullshit, it's a government protected monopoly, dereg the shit out of it and watch prices come crashing down,

>Well then we've got proverbial snake oil salesmen again,

and whats wrong with that? thats how Rockefeller got rich to begin with, he was a literal snake oil salesman and his heirs don't seem to have any problems with it so why should we?

I don't give a fuck if the drugs are safe or effective or fake, so long as I can choose to buy or not buy whatever drugs I want at fair market price with no collusion from government that will be much better than this nonsense we have now,

why do I need to see a doctor to get dick cream for my herpes?

I know I have fucking herpes, I know what dick cream I need, why do I need to see some cunt paper pusher and wait to see some useless doctor who will probably try and push some bad shit on me when I already know what I need to make my herpes warts stop itching?

it's a government funded monopoly and it needs to go

just let people prescribe their own drugs, make them sign a waiver

"oh but it's not safe"

I could give a fuck, life isn't safe, morons drink gasoline and we don't stop them, it's none of your business just let the retards figure it out for themselves

it will bring costs down and encourage people to take personal responsibility, two things the American people need desperately

>So there's still a penalty for not being insured. REEEEEEEEEE

time for some insurance office buildings to be burned to the ground

weather underground style can fix things

Are patents stopping multiple companies from producing the same drug. What will shortening patent duration do with drug development? Why is the gov meddeling with insurance?

and average life expectancy for Americans tumbles to under 60..

Everyone making under $75k gets $2-14k. $2k for young individuals, $4k for older, and more for families. The benefits start trailing off if you make above $75k, until around $100k, where the benefit is zero.

The benefit is a refundable tax credit, meaning you get the full amount refunded if you don't use it all, but is pretty much guaranteed to only cover a fraction of the cost of a qualifying plan.

Compared to Obamacare, which subsidizes plans so that you only pay a maximum % of your income for it, this static tax credit benefits everyone up to $75,000 equally, so the GOP plan is favorable by people making more and less favorable by people making less, compared to Obamacare.

Additionally the GOP plan has lower standards fro qualifying plans, so you can purchase lower quality plans if you want than you could under Obamacare.

who gives a fuck, thats up to those citizens to make their own lives longer if they want to, or perhaps you think we should get state sponsored ass wipers as well? holy shit we already have those

fuck this, each person is responsible for their own happiness, thats what life is

Has little to do with the healthcare system and a whole lot to do with American lifestyle habits.

Also remember: It is of no interest to the government to keep you alive past the retirement age. Bonus points if you die at or just before it.

>The benefit is a refundable tax credit,

which means it's not helpful in the slightest unless you pay taxes,

retarded shit, I'm growing my own medicine and telling these cunts to fuck off, the rest of you can go without and die for all I care

you are seriously overestimating the level of care provided by GPs. pretty much everything that isn't surgery would lose their shit (and jobs) if you could order meds of webmd

just like with everything, idiots need doctors to tell them which drug to buy but the mean and up can do it themselves or pay for the convenience by going to a doctor. But the state says you need a prescription to buy anything more potent than tylenol.

there are like 700,000 cases of medical malpractice death a year. it's on par with heart disease.

the big secret is to find a nurse practitioner; the ability to prescribe meds without the bloat of a doctors visit. describe your symptoms and ask for ________, then they rubber stamp it as long as you aren't trying to cop oxycontin.

>Why is this just Obamacare lite?
because trump conned all of you, retards.

Its refundable, so you do get it even if you don't pay taxes. But qualifying plans are pretty much guaranteed to exceed the benefit, there will never be a plan cheaper than the benefit, so you will never get any net money from the credit, it will just offset the cost of insurance similar to Obamacare.

They are fucking stupid and have no idea what they are doing.

>a whole lot to do with American lifestyle habits.

it has everything to do with legislation though, all that cheap corn syrup thats turning America into lard land? it's only cheap because of tax money, once again tax money is interfering with the market and making people unhealthy as consequence, if corn syrup goes up in price people won't eat as much of it, if people don't eat as much there won't be as much heart disease and diabetes and all that other shit

we're paying huge tax money on both ends of this problem when tax money shouldn't have been involved to begin with, it's like creating a huge public dental plan that pays the most for common dental services while at the same time funding cheap sugar and handing it out for free

if the idea was to create huge bills then we have succeeded

Yes that's what the patents do. it means if you invest the money in R&D and clinical trials to make sure your drug is safe and does what you claim it does, then you're rewarded with exclusive rights to produce that drug for a limited time, it's 20 years after the drug is invented, but it can take several years to pass the FDA trials. So usually around 12 years of exclusivity on the market.

>But the state says you need a prescription to buy anything more potent than tylenol.

this is a government protected monopoly and there is no reason we should stand for it, this policy over medicine asserts that the American people are slaves who aren't allowed to accept any risk in harming themselves because they are the property of the state

it sounds like a huge amount of government sponsored book keeping that will not provide anything useful for what it costs

why should anyone have to pay for keeping up with who should pay what when those factors could be more easily determined by a marketplace free of government intervention and protections

Oh, he can negotiate. It's just that he wasn't negotiating for the common people. He alredy got what he wanted from them for next four years, and after that he can just give the US flag bit of a wave and tweet some random bulshit. Maybe make some cosmetic excecutive order, and the self titeled "common people" will be foaming from the mouth how great he is and how he'll make America great again. (Change! Hope!)

They took something they had already screwed up and screwed it up even more.

Sauce?
If true, this is all sorts of fucking retarded

fuck this, you guys need to go take some action, protesters need to fuck off, protests just raise money for state coffers,

blow up a bank in the middle of the night, firebomb a pharmaceutical office building at night, those are the actions that get results

a new wave of young people need to run for congress, install a google lens and record everything that happens to the cloud, we'll figure out whats what pretty damn quick once the congressional experience archives start getting dumped

this is a new game

drug company's and hospitals and DR's need pricing regulation , there's to much price gouging on insurance company's

cash price for a ct scan is $950 to$1500
insurance price $8k to $10k
this is why health care is fucked

HERE, Sup Forums I MADE YOU SOMETHING
>max wage to qualify for medicaid cutoff at 8k
>tiered system after that, with a flat 6/9/12% income taxation to BUY INTO MEDICAID
>tiers of bronze/silver/gold respectively that determine the level and availability of the healthcare you receive (pay more get more faggots)
>you get to re-evaluate the level of insurance each year when you pay your fucking taxes (i.e. you fucking check a box, no box checked defaults you to the level of insurance you most recently signed up for)
>You have to have health insurance for the system to work, but you don't generate a system where more than 40% of the fucking country either doesn't have health insurance or isn't paying for it (especially because they tend to be the sickest)
>private insurance will be available, and will be higher quality than gold tier medicaid. and having private insurance prevents you from being taxed at the rate of your income based on medicaid selection(I want a relationship between public and private insurance to be similar to the one between post office and FedEx. keeps both of those assholes in check)
>Federal law passed that states hospitals listed as "public" or associated with academic institutions aren't allowed to have a Chargemaster, and all values assigned to medical care are based on medicare or a value thereof.
>Hospitals that maintain Chargemasters are no longer viewed as public institutions, and their submission of chargemaster bills for indigent care will now be reduced to the price as stated by medicare/IRS for true cost of service.
>Nurse Practitioners are no longer allowed to practice in isolation without an attending MD.

There. I just fixed our fucking healthcare system.

Fuck how fucking hard is that? Care is now cheaper, more available, and people are appropriately given better standards of living for earning more rather than taking a fucking leap of faith over the medicaid gap.

pharma+insurance industry are integral part of the deep state

the cost is an extortion you pay to the deep state

purge the middle men
purge the speculators
purge the deep state

>pharma+insurance industry are integral part of the deep state

This,

If GOP were smart they would just fix Obamacare.

>pay more get more faggots
>Fuck how fucking hard is that?

Healthcare isn't like buying a smartphone; it's an essential expense with a rigid demand, and not having it is the difference between life and death.

If anyone proposed this they'd be called out for creating a caste system, get laughed out of a career, and possibly take their party with them.

>most developed countries have universal healthcare insurance

that will never happen, since US would need to completely remove its entire deep state enslavement system:

>abolish the FDA
>abolish billion $$ clinical trials that impede development and increase costs
>abolish chemical/financial/insurance industry that speculate on the sick and profit on illness
>abolish excessive micromanagement and regulation of doctors and allow freedom of practice and choice

>abolish red tape, bureaucracy, paper work, and the top-down command-control authoritarian system

>implement swift drug repurposing and control drug prices

I wont be satisfied until we are free of Entitlements altogether

We already have a fucking caste system. If you make 24k/yr and have a single dependent, your loss of benefits is 12K/year if you make A SINGLE DOLLAR MORE. So the only way to make more money and have the same quality of life, you need to jump the gap of 24k-36k/yr, which assuming standard wage increases of compounding 5% increments annually, that process takes a fucking decade, and while you are doing this you are completely uninsured.

That means you take a fucking bet that you or your dependents wont get sick for the 10 years it takes to get to a point where your wages and standard of living grow in parity again. The only population that can safetly make this bet at 10 years old, and they aren't fucking working.

>it creates a caste system

No it fucking doesnt, it provides the availability for gold tier medical insurance for every person, and assuming your ass expects there to be need for that, you simply pay a rate associated with your household income. BAM YOU HAVE GOOD INSURANCE, AND EVERY DOLLAR YOU MAKE DOESN'T PUNISH YOU.

>It isn't like buying a smartphone

No, right now it is way fucking worse, because you HAVE to buy it, and the ONLY insurance that is even SLIGHTLY within your range of affordable is has high premiums, high deductables, and high copays, and more or less exists solely to remove your ass from getting a call for fucking up the individual mandate.

Plus the entire notion of medicaid being sustainable but ONLY benefiting the people who pay LITERALLY NOTHING into it and hospitals which already have more money than they ever should.

The purpose of the tiered buy in system is literally to alleviate the fact that health insurance is a necessary good, and intentionally generating a system that bankrupts 600,000 citizens in the US EVERY FUCKING YEAR is clearly bad, so make it universal, make people fucking pay for the service they are getting, and reduce unnecessarily high values of service from being allowed in hospitals.

the irony of this vs. the mandate it is replacing is that it simply lines the pockets of insurance companies. at least the mandate $$ went to the govt which theoretically serves all citizens.

(you)

I know this is going to blow your mind, but who do you think is going to fuck you more?

>The guy who sells you a service you have to have by proxy of being alive
>The guy who sells you a service you may buy because he has competitors and while they know you have to buy from someone, they want you to buy from them

Hospital chargemasters are the real cancer in the american medical system.

Read "The Bitter Pill"": uta.edu/faculty/story/2311/Misc/2013,2,26,MedicalCostsDemandAndGreed.pdf

This should help you understand why you and everyone else's arguments about healthcare are wildly misdirected, and I am beginning to think intentionally.

Also, I am an MDfag, so before you crie everytiem that I am a an insurance shill, ask yourself why I would slander my own home before that of my neighbor. Maybe its because what is going on with hospital administrators is FAR FUCKING SKETCHIER than anything insurance companies even attempt to do.

Good article, but this is more of a sidestep of my argument than a rebuttal.

What I was trying to say is that while that collusion occurs, the most damaging component of this toxic relationship is the one between government and the hospital associations.

Insurance companies are fucked for sure, but at the end of they day they are offering a service that has clear ins and outs, and they have to face competition.

We aren't even fucking allowed to know how much a given hospital charges for a given service, and for the most part, unless you are a doctor, you won't know what services you will even be given.

Hospitals are fucked, but because of the constant push for the bureaucratization of the medical system, the only people educated enough about that world (doctors) to properly say, "hey thats fucked, don't do that" have become employees of the very hospitals that are committing these pretty heinous crimes. Why you might ask? because the cost of being able to bill in the modern insurance landscape is high enough that many/most doctors choose simply to be a grunt for a hospital rather than work independently "because they didn't want to have to run a business". Think about that for a second, medicine is second potentially only to prostitution as the oldest fucking profession in human history, and somehow in the last 30 years doctors suddenly lost their ability to practice independently. Why do you think that might be?

When you work for a fucking decade to get a job and speaking out about it publicly can lead to your ass being blacklisted from having work while the looming threat of 200+k of medical school debt hangs over your head is a real one. And by the time that you are old enough to have paid that off and have the money you need to retire, you simply aren't fightey enough to speak out about these problems.

The game is inherently stacked against you, and short of extreme revisions to how we approach not only the insurance situation in medicine, but why it is so fucking expensive in the first place, it isn't going to change