>be american

>get sick
>die because you don't have enough money

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/11/14/24-7-wall-st-countries-spend-most-health-care/75771044/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>be a leaf
>blow a dog

while being spied on by the gubermint

The reason drugs are so expensive in America is because they have to cover the costs of the whacky pants on head retarded, prolonged and expensive American drug trial system before their patent runs out, half of which will be gone by the time the drug is approved for sale.

No one lives forever.

I am seriously wondering how many liberals have ever witnessed death. Sometimes i wish i would have died in afghanistan.

>not having insurance

Wrong

prices are so high because healthcare is privatized and why would anyone choice to gain less money, when you could be swimming in money?

the guy that risen the epi pen price is a greedy twat, though technically he's exploiting a flawed system so good job for him i guess

about you. i guess it fits your agenda that drugs are expensive because "welfare" but you are delusional.

tfw I'm a canadian expat in the US

>Have pernicious anemia in Quebec
>15 years of going from doctor to doctor, none of them bothering to test levels of B12 or antiparietal cell antibodies
>Now have subacute combined spinal degeneration
>The damage is permanent
>Living is agony

BUT AT LEAST WE'RE BETTER THAN THOSE SILLY AMERICANS, AMIRITE?

/thread

It's natural selection. Survival of the fittest.

>epipen
>$638
literally no one pays that much for them. Dated a girl with tree nut allergies for a few years and she had to use like half a dozen of those things

>be a leaf
>pay more for everything else

>death from (((depression)))

Can you tell me which of those drugs were not created by US chemists due to their higher R&D budgets from privatized healthcare?

I wish you would have died while you had your cock up a 12 yr Afghani's butthole.

Pro tip: Don't be so fucking poor when in the US so you can afford medicine AND have low waiting times. Not sure why the Netherlands and Germany are doing so well. Do they have more privatized healthcare?

It's okay because the poor people die but the people that have money give it to the rich and then they don't die and then the rich give that money back to the community so that poor people don't die.

It's like you've never been in the US. The rich just drive around in limos and throw money at the poor all day. It's crazy!

Epipens have no high R&D.
It's literally an adrenaline shot.
"Epi" stands for epinephrine, the technical name for adrenaline.
The only thing patented in the epipen is the cheap-ass autoinjector made of plastic and springs. Epinephrine is dirt cheap to manufacture.

If u die u win

Only one of these drugs (maybe two depending on if you were rolled low at birth) is actually relevant to normal, healthy people. Everything else can be dealt with just by not being a fat faggot.

>pernicious anemia
That's what you get for being a vegan fag.

thanks doc

>HIGH ENERGY GET

>Be American
>Learn to care for yourself and stand on your own two feet
>Learn that nothing is free
>Understand that "free" stuff was taken from other people and given to me at gunpoint
>taught the value of hard work and discipline
>Understand that nothing I haven't worked for is ever truly mine.
>Pay my own way
>Pay for my OWN medical care and that of my family, in that order.

Which is why I'm confused as to why people throw a fucking fit over epipens. Plenty of alternatives, just a lot of dumb people.

Has it ever occurred to you that rope is cheap?

Or that it's dirt-simple to construct a nitrogen hood?

You can treat your problem whenever you want, for virtually nothing.

>Be Canadian
>Die in the emergency waiting room because our healthcare system is shit

I use advair. It's 360 here an 60 in Canada with no insurance.

Quite the opposite, actually. I had extreme cravings for meat and every doctor I saw told me I was eating "too much meat". I was surviving off of 1% of the B12 I was ingesting. It's the only reason I'm still alive.

You first.

The difference is that you will get it several months later in Canada.

Now how much does it cost the taxpayer?

If I ever reach a point where I'm living in constant intractable pain, have to rely on the state for survival or burden my family with permanent debt for a few extra months of life, then certainly. I planned it years ago.

After waiting a few months, I finally have an appointment with my doctor so that I can discuss getting a nerve-block done. Hopefully that'll let me function better.

Then that's excellent. I've had a couple of relatives who were able to get that done, and it made an amazing difference in their lives.

Yeah, there should be zero financial incentives for innovation. Should save a lot more lives.

>the insurance is going to pay for it
>the government is going to pay for it

If you are entitled to it, pharmacies and hospitals can charge whatever they want and get away with it.
And if gets too expensive they just raise taxes or premiums.

>Charge high prices for a premium service

What's the problem?

Friendly reminder that if you want to find the real traitors in America, look up all the Republicans and Democrats who voted AGAINST the bill to allow Americans to buy medicine from Canada.

It's incredible how there were virtually zero protests regarding this.

By the way, Rand Paul, John McCain, and even fucking Ted "Israel First" Cruz crossed the aisle to SUPPORT this bill and support the American people.

Netherlands has like 1/100th of the population of the US, and Canada and Germany have about 1/10th.

>Now how much does it cost the taxpayer?

It costs the Canadian taxpayer much less, since our government negotiates to reduce the prices.

america is of for and by the rich, the poor are just raw material for the rich, to be crushed and ground up in the corporate machine for profit. housing, credit cards, health care, its all the same to the Trumps and the Kochs and the Waltons and the Murdochs.

Whoops, meant to post image, showing that waiting times is not proportional to population in any way.

abilify is an expensive meme, user.

Came here to post this.

I bet you faggots drive without car insurance too.

non-answer

I wish the same you pathetic little corporate cuck.

Actually, it's not because it's privatized. It's because it's subsidized. You see, in a free market, it is impossible to charge more for a service or good than the market can pay for that good or service. Which means, if you want to sell healthcare, you must find the equilibrium price whereby enough people are buying your product to maintain solvency. Because healthcare is a high elasticity (somewhat counter-intuitively) market, revenue will decrease as price rises above the equilibrium price. However, because the price is subsidized by mandatory health insurance, healthcare providers can charge higher prices than the consumer can afford. This is because health insurance (especially mandatory health insurance) is a stealthy form of wealth redistribution. Each person pays a (relatively) small amount of money, which then is used to pay the exorbitant cost of treating the first individual in the group to fall ill. It's basically a tax anyway, but a government enforced tax payed to a corporation.

TL;DR: America has socialized healthcare already. That's why it's so fucking inefficient, but we're fucking rich so we can afford to keep throwing enough money at it to get better results than other socialized systems, like Canada. If we keep doing it, however, we won't be rich for long.

Why don't poor people just buy more money?

>not realizing that everyone's insurance premiums are tied to the cost of care

Wow epic lmao. You're still paying for that $8,000 pill you fucking moron.

Everyone who has an opinion on them seems to be really in favour of them. I'd rather not be stuck taking opiates or some shit every day for the rest of my life, either.

>going 15 years without doing some personal medical research since doctors aren't finding the actual problem

you never cared about your own life, or were too stupid to do anything about it, you goddamned leaf. You were given a small lifetime to fix things and did nothing. You deserve nothing but my contempt and ire.

At the end of the day, Americans spend nearly twice per capita on healthcare than Canadians.

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2015/11/14/24-7-wall-st-countries-spend-most-health-care/75771044/

Whether it's in the form of "taxes" or "payments to corporations" is irrelevant. We're getting raped when it comes to cost as a whole and anyone who denies it is delusional.

>pay thousands a year for healthcare
>pay thousands more for medication
At least we can rub our limp dicks in america's face.

tfw these drugs cost cents to make

Good luck getting that heart surgery you need, leaf. RIP

I know it isn't some great solution, but you can get all of these for free from the company if you just ask. I actually took abilify for a while, it sucked ass. Made me feel worse, but I didn't pay a single penny for it. You just gotta know where to go to get the proper paper work to request it, which for me, was a local state sponsored clinic. You can get almost anything for free, as long as you have a diagnosis. Those abilify were literally hundreds on dollars per pill at the time, maybe still are.

>Be Leaf
>Die because you have to wait months or years

>Be canadian
>be jobless because your PM caters to non canadians
>spend time shitposting on finnish underwater basket weaving forum

UK waiting times are incredible, it took 12 weeks to get a 5 minute appointment to syringe my ear, and the NHS thinks a 4 hour wait for emergency services is "good"