Looking for suggestions for Alt-Knight loadout

Alright lads, I'm trying to come up with a quick and easy "Make Your Own Alt-Knight Gear" list for myself and anyone who also wants to do something like this. I'm modelling it on ancient Hoplites and Legionaries so the minimum gear I'm going for is helmet, upper body armor, greaves, forearm protection, a round shield, a sword (baton or small stick in this case) and spear (flagpole or other large stick in this case). I'm also including eye protection and respirators as well as pepper/bear spray.

Thoughts, additions and modifications wanted.

List here: pastebin.com/C1HXGmMh

Other urls found in this thread:

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics
lowes.com/pd/Rain-or-Shine-5-ft-Brown-Wood-House-Flag-Pole/50188897
pastebin.com/49z39CT7
illusionarmoring.com/
selfdefensesuperstore.com/products/batons/asp-21-oc-spray-fusion-baton
pastebin.com/mwKz84W7
google.ca/search?q=fox bmx gloves&biw=1176&bih=596&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiX3fHxh8XSAhVj9IMKHdFMBJ4Q_AUIBigB#imgrc=6Qko2KcdugndxM:
mqb.com/default.aspx?page=item detail&itemcode=TUBE36
pastebin.com/ex5JqZ6c
shop.mastereirik.com/Shaved-Rattan-Sword-Kit-Sword-Kit-Shaved.htm
bz93.com/sword.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=kV0hQ5meJuc
budk.com/Czech-M10M-Gas-Mask-With-Filter-Drinking-Tube-26474
budk.com/Spare-Filter-For-Czech-M10M-Gas-Mask-24323
amazon.com/5ive-Star-Gear-Canteen-Olive/dp/B007VHX8LS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1488676964&sr=8-13&keywords=army canteen
keepshooting.com/austrian-army-m1-helmet.html
amazon.com/Frontiersman-Bear-Spray-Hip-Holster/dp/B002E6VAHK
thehomesecuritysuperstore.com/self-defense-stun-guns-baton-stun-guns-mini-barbarian-stun-gun-baton-9m-swbar9mini-p=4913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

something like this

no politic related

reported and saged

t. scared Antifa

semi political
but mods are faggots nowadays so when you do get banned here i would reccomend taking this to K.

I was considering going to /k/ first, but I don't think they'd want something as political as this thread.

this is politics merriam-webster.com/dictionary/politics

we are trying to convince this is the best side, via good costumes,

also rule fag, you are not supposed to say you reported, newfag.

go to /k/, outdoor, cosplay, his, do it yourself or what ever

this are not politics

>protecting yourself and others who share your views and are attacked at political events is not political
Hmmmmmm

>protecting yourself and others who share your views and are attacked at political events is not political

read your first post and show me the part where you talk about this and not over some do it yourself cosplay costume

Motorcycle padding underneath your clothing.

that was easy.

these

>I'm trying to come up with a quick and easy "Make Your Own Alt-Knight Gear" list for myself and anyone who also wants to do something like this
>to do something like this
This implies that I want to go out and protect myself and others from Antifa at political demonstrations like the Alt-Knight did.

>weapons
Hi FBI!

Will it protect against stabbing? Antifa brings knives with them.

Something really preppy and a croquet stick as a weapon.

I think police would arrest you for that. Need a small actual weapon for melee self defense and a "flagpole".

Recommend a Rattan Kali stick. There's an actual martial art for that.

For wooden self defense weapons, what length and type of wood would be good?

Added to the list

lowes.com/pd/Rain-or-Shine-5-ft-Brown-Wood-House-Flag-Pole/50188897

Bring American flag to MAGA march, when anarchists show up, remove flag and beat them with wooden flagpole.

Would this break like what happened to Stickman?

Alright, updated the pastebin. Need some good quality stuff to link for people to buy. Also did some reordering so it doesn't look so cluttered. r8 please.

pastebin.com/49z39CT7

If your not a poorfag, something like what I had in mind

Go all out.

Got any good suits for people to buy? I have a fully assembled armor section and I need links for good quality stuff.

>mid evil

I'm thinking about doing the same, but for ease of carry and effectiveness I'm going with one of those extendable police batons

Got any links to decent batons? I also have a baton section in the pastbin that needs work.

I used this and I have a badass suit as of a few years ago

illusionarmoring.com/

Poorfags can use Ebay or Amazon to get cheap mild steel shit

Go to hardware store
>Hickory Mattock Handle (pic related)
attach sign for plausible deniability

Choose slegehammer handle for more deniability (Mattock handle is famed as improvised weapon)

I mean really any of the first few results on google are good links, they're all self defense and security shops. I'd definitely recommend one over 26" though for the reach.
Also holy shit they sell one that has pepper spray built into it, but it's $160:
selfdefensesuperstore.com/products/batons/asp-21-oc-spray-fusion-baton

Where can I find a list of upcoming antifa protests? I'm on the east coast so it's not like I can head down to the daily Berkeley protests

Wouldn't crusader armor be better and cheaper assuming its the chain mail version?

Alright thanks for the suggestions. Here's v3 of the gear list.

pastebin.com/mwKz84W7

Good point. Chain mail is also good stab protection.

One thing I will say to everyone is definitely check craigslist for a lot of this stuff first because it's the same shit just used and cheaper, especially the moto gear

The problem with chainmail is that if you're gonna take armor, you want something that a knife isn't gonna work against. Chain mail is like paper to the stabbing motion that comes with most knifes.

I'd say the best thing would be a cross between armor and modern.

How credible is this? I need to work on the shield section of the pastebin.

Just go Jin-Roh or something similar. The "death squad" aesthetics and the fear it elicits are what you want the antifa to see in their final moments.

You want the antifa to know that their worst fear has come to life and is defeating them.

>modelling modern armor after 2000 year old armor
can't you get inspiration from a more relevant source?

This. Use hard wood, but easy to swing as a weapon. The weapon the Alt-Knight used wasn't hard enough to withstand multiple strikes.

>How to get arrested 101

Why should I? Greek and Roman style arms and armor are pretty suited for this kind of situation and are pretty easy to assemble cheaply as well. Plus they were effective for thousands of years.

That would be good for people on a budget, But the one in full plate leads the pack I'd think

Chain mail + gambeson actually makes you slower than full plate does, in real life. Common misconception.

Home improvement wooden pole cut to 1-3 feet
Helmet designed to protect the head from blunt force trauma
A groin cup
Upper body/arm motorcycle armor or whatever body armor is legal in your state
Thick clothing to help resist knife attacks
Goggles
Mouthguard/lower face guard

You do understand the police will take your shit right?

that's why you don't buy shit you are not willing to lose, you might have to ditch it to get away from being arrested.

Its p good
Full arm is only useful for riot shields and are legally allowed to be carried as they are not considered weapons. Also decent riot shields are great for bashing since you can put all your body into it or punching with as the edge of the shield concentrates your blow. Theyre not cheap though.

Why would they take away a flagpole and a completely legal self defense baton? As for the body protection, it will either be under a sweater/jacket or you're wearing it because the police won't do their job and protect protesters from Antifa pepper spray and beatings. You are within your rights to bring this stuff there.

Why would death squad aesthetics get you arrested?

>Plus they were effective for thousands of years.
no they weren't

wouldn't just hockey/ paintball or other sports equipment be more suited for street protection?
you're not very likely to meet an antifa wielding a two-hander, and that sort of equipment is comfortable and designed to stop blunt strikes

Learn the definition of the word politics
It about collective action and we want to find out how to dress proprely collectivly, its extremly related you retard.

Each has it's own use. A circular shield with a center grip offers more flexibility because you can use your wrist to move it, while one with a forearm mount is fixed to your forearm, but your gonna want a good wrist. The two strap forearm shield is able to be used if your wrist is weaker, and doesn't need to be set down if you want to use your free hand for simple tasks. Don't know about the the fullshield tho

If I were to improve upon his gear, I would wear a catchers chest protector, metal tip cleats, and wear a hockey goalie deflector on the stick hand, and a batting glove on the shield hand. as well as that, I would bang a bunch of rusty nails into the stick. but that's just me.

>alt knight
>roman shit
Just have different classes. Alt scout can be lightwear greek/roman gear, alt knight heavy duty.

google.ca/search?q=fox bmx gloves&biw=1176&bih=596&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiX3fHxh8XSAhVj9IMKHdFMBJ4Q_AUIBigB#imgrc=6Qko2KcdugndxM:

Those are some great gloves

>conquerors known world with their armor and weapons
>not effective
So this is a Spanish intellectual huh? Not bad...

Now regarding the protection, if you looked at the pastebin, I wrote that sports protection would be decent but since Antifa likes to bring knives, better stuff might be required.

Cut these on half and make them into Roman shields.
mqb.com/default.aspx?page=item detail&itemcode=TUBE36

Riveted chainmail is gonna offer protection against most knives unless they have a blade taper like a Rondel dagger.
But you are better of wearing brigandine anyway.

Full shields are great with short weapons or thrusting weapons and when in formation are very potent

I'd glue both halves together and laminate some cloth between and over them too.

ASP, Monadnock or Smith & Wesson. Those $7 Made In China batons you see at flea markets and Bud K clearance sales are flimsy as fuck. If you want them as a one-shot, disposable weapon, okay, but as a long-term investment they're worthless because they *are* going to warp around the skull of the first person you whack them with.

Even the good expandable batons are going to bend and break, eventually, it's a problem inherent with the weapon. But at least with the ASP, Monadnock, or S&W you'll get multiple strikes out of it.

I don't think these would be great as a shield. They seem a tad flimsy.

As far as the pastebin goes, I'd suggest removing the > before each link. It makes it easier to just double click and selecting go to.

Hockey and Paintball protection work well against blunt impacts, but are pretty bad against stabs

So a full shield wouldn't be advised unless you were going with a large group.

>So this is a Spanish intellectual huh? Not bad...
they were effective just not for "thousands of years", and most of the stuff that came later in europe was better, hence why it was used, but it doesn't matter, since neither are necessarily suited to the use you want to give them

hard epoxy padded stuff like football shinguards can probably deflect or stop any sort of folding knife, you gotta pick and choose from equipment from different things, I don't think going full autist and getting armor is necessary

>you gotta pick and choose from equipment from different things
That's exactly what the pastebin is for, if you bothered going through it. I'm compiling a list of stuff for people to choose from.

hockey shin guards*

football are softer

Yes, theyre rather clumsy if your flanks arent secured. Side effect of Romans forcing men to rely on eachother. If youre gonna bring one make sure you have backup

They are concrete forms designed to contain tons of concrete. They are incredibly strong.

I took one home from work and made cat furniture out of it. They are .3 inches thick.

>orbison

Right wing death legion?

>reading that shitty wall of text pastebin

you're the autist who's saying "DURR IM GOING TO MAKE HOPLITE ARMOR"

what's that going to be? a skirt and a bulletproof vest?

function>form

You don't want to hold your shield with only your hand in close combat

>115653529
I'm not even going to give you a (You) if your purpose is to just act retarded.

>laminate some cloth between and over them too.

Or canvas, coated with fiberglass resin. That shit is durable as fuck when it dries.

Also, here's a thought, Sup Forums. Whatever weapon you go with, pick up a spare or two, in case you need to supply right-thinking friends. No need to go overboard and show up at a protest with fifteen tonfa. But if you're planning to wrap a length of rebar in grip-shrink, go ahead and make two or three. You notice a thrift store has a handful of baseball bats at cut-rate prices? Go ahead and clean 'em out for less than the cost of purchasing one new Easton bat at Walmart. In the cases where the price of purchase is basically negligible, have a bit of a surplus.

No, for single combat, center grip is better. Very easy to armlock somebody using a forearm grip, whilst with center grip, you can release and drop the shield immediately.
Also with center grip you have much more range of motion with the shield and more reach (length of arm+ radius of shield)

If she breaks out, they will confiscate all weapons to for a possible "investigation"

Segmentata armor, or the classic inage of roman armor isnt very good desu. Use plate armor or chain mail, if you cant, make some homemade bulletproof armor: plenty of vids about it.
Use a pike or mace type weapon
Note: for maces, dont bother with hammers and sledgehammers, too heavy and inneficient.

Also bring flares, pretty cool shit if you strap it to a long stick and poke people

>Homemade bulletproof armor
I don't think I'm gonna get shot. Just something that'll lessen the blows of fists and probably some defense against knives is all your gonna need. The extra protection helps, but i don't think it's nessesary

Alright, Version 4 of the list. R8 and suggest stuff.

pastebin.com/ex5JqZ6c

Actually, DESU, were are theoretically fighting against Anti-fa members hyped up on random shit and liberal fat bitches who think they can fight muh patriarchy.

Function is obviously important, but if you make anything, it must be as scary as possible, since they don't have actual spine.

Protip, get some of those $2 gas station gloves and wear them while handling gear. Never leave a fingerprint and always keep your face covered. Be prepared to ditch everything you have. Buy clothes from goodwill and toss jackets/hoodies after any conflict.

Bump

who /singlestick/ and ready here?

Mounted shields have their own advantages. One-hand grip shields are easier to drop quickly when you want to, but the downside is, they're easier to drop quickly when you don't want to. There's also the issue of weight distribution; with a one-hand grip shield all the weight is at the furthest point of extension on your arm, giving you shit leverage and making it seem heavier than it is. Mounted shields have better weight distribution between two points of attachment, making it less draining to hold them up for lengths of time.

As for added reach with a shield bash...shield bashes don't rely on reach, dude. With the impact dispersed over a broad, flat or convex surface, an extended-arm jabbing motion simply can't be used to deliver it effectively. It needs to be delivered with your weight behind it, with the power coming from your core. And a mounted shield gives you better leverage to apply that.

>No, for single combat, center grip is better.
The SCA would tend to disagree with you, and they've been at this shit since 1966.

As someone that makes chainmaille .. I can confirm.. but it dissipates energy very effectively even from blunt weapons

I know this is a long shot.. but..... if you feign a retreat and surround them; unlikely but it would be glorious

Pathetic

>let me tell you all about something I don't know shit about
t. kraut

splinted arm/legguards. ez pz

>Mid Evil

Alright, I can only get so erect.

I think rattan swords will be the best bet and should be 100% legal to carry everywhere. they also hurt like a motherfucker and are relatively cheap.

shop.mastereirik.com/Shaved-Rattan-Sword-Kit-Sword-Kit-Shaved.htm

Buy or steal either an orange traffic barrel or a plastic 50 gallon drum.

Use half as a shield. Cut the rest into appropriate size strips or sheets.

Get a pop rivet gun from harbor freight for $8. Drill hols and pop rivet the sheets onto a heavy duty hoody.

Armor and shield cost roughly $30 all in. Will stop most knives and help against bludgeon.

Get a czech gas mask for like $15 shipped.

Get a helmet of some kind at goodwill.

Full kit under $100 all day.

bz93.com/sword.htm

more info

obligatory

youtube.com/watch?v=kV0hQ5meJuc

>steel toed boots
>gloves
>leather jacket
>gas mask (Czech M10M $20)
budk.com/Czech-M10M-Gas-Mask-With-Filter-Drinking-Tube-26474
>gas mask filters ($5)
budk.com/Spare-Filter-For-Czech-M10M-Gas-Mask-24323
>canteen for gas mask ($10)
amazon.com/5ive-Star-Gear-Canteen-Olive/dp/B007VHX8LS/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1488676964&sr=8-13&keywords=army canteen
>helmet (Austrian Army M1 Helmet $30)
keepshooting.com/austrian-army-m1-helmet.html
>knee pads
>elbow pads
>ballpeen hammer ($20) PUT A STRAP ON THE HANDLE SO IT CAN'T BE TAKEN FROM YOU
>Water
>megaphone ($10-$50)
>backpack
>good strong belt
>zipties/paracord
>bear mace ($30)
amazon.com/Frontiersman-Bear-Spray-Hip-Holster/dp/B002E6VAHK
>first aid
>snacks
>Stun Baton ($40) (Mace with +8 Lightning Damage)
thehomesecuritysuperstore.com/self-defense-stun-guns-baton-stun-guns-mini-barbarian-stun-gun-baton-9m-swbar9mini-p=4913

What else would a Trump Soldier need?

What are we, antifa? Defend yourself and the people around you. Tread softly, carry a big stick. Don't cover your face like a coward. If you're at the point you're hitting someone with the big stick you should be so firm in the belief you're doing the right thing you don't have to hide.