Nutrition

So, what's up with nutrition? Everyone says something different and we get fatter and fatter. Nowadays, it's all about calories. We've been at that point before - during the late 1800s and early 1900s. Of course, people back then already lamented getting fatter and fatter - hilarious in hindsight, but the arguments were absolutely the same.

Well, counting calories didn't work back then and looking at statistics and real-world data, it doesn't work nowadays either:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_food_energy_intake
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Body_Mass_Index_(BMI)

Data supports the real-life observation that food intake and obesity don't correlate at all: You have countries that eat a lot and are thin (Austria lol), you also have countries that don't eat a lot and are fat (Africa especially), but then again, you also have countries that eat a lot and are fat and those that don't eat a lot and are skinny. It's all over the place.

Other urls found in this thread:

nature.com/news/2010/101124/full/news.2010.628.html
menzelphoto.photoshelter.com/gallery/What-I-Eat-Around-the-World-in-80-Diets/G0000.us7tw6HCdw/C0000zsQX1niZ0zw
youtu.be/aCUbvOwwfWM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Body_Mass_Index_(BMI)
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2801884/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Then, you have news like this:
nature.com/news/2010/101124/full/news.2010.628.html
Where lab animals with autistically counted calories are also getting fatter, hinting at a yet unknown source for obesity.

And of course books like this:
menzelphoto.photoshelter.com/gallery/What-I-Eat-Around-the-World-in-80-Diets/G0000.us7tw6HCdw/C0000zsQX1niZ0zw
Where it's shown that there really is no correlation between caloric intake and obesity (Example: An Italian priest eating double of what a sumo wrestler eats, obviously also getting less training and still being a lot thinner).

Then you have all these fad diets that also don't really work, as we can see from the rising obesity stats. Low carb, no carb, slow carb, low fat, no fat, veganism, Hollywood diet, Paleo and all combinations, too.

Meanwhile, countries who eat a lot of carbs like in Asia and some places in Africa, stay skinny, whereas Americans think they get fat from eating rice and bread.

So, what the fuck is up here? It seems that everything we know is wrong. People don't lose weight on salads, but they get a lot of diarrhea (as we can see from the EU stats on gastro-intestinal disorders after "5 a day" got introduced). People outside the Western sphere eat a lot more than we do (see the whole "Your food is shit" things the refugees in Europe do) and still are thinner.

And so on and on. What is happening here? Everyone says something different and EVERYONE CAN ACTUALLY SOURCE their chosen diet with dozens of studies which ALSO all say something different.

>And so on and on. What is happening here? Everyone says something different and EVERYONE CAN ACTUALLY SOURCE their chosen diet with dozens of studies which ALSO all say something different.
Quoted again for emphasis.

>be fat entire youth
>decide to eat 1500 calories a day at a 2100 TDEE
>be normal weight after 6-8 months

It literally is just that OP. Take it from a former delusional MUH THYROID fatass. Fatties who say they count aren't actually counting, they're guesstimating that the burger, fries, and coke they had for lunch was probably only like 500 calories.

Thanks for ignoring my posts, I guess?

Also, come on. Counting calories is easy. It just doesn't work. It didn't work in 1901 and it obviously isn't working now. Saying "Everyone is lying!" is just a cop-out.

It does work though as far as weight goes. You should still eat the right things if you want to actually be healthy, but if you eat below your maintenance level, you will not maintain or gain weight. It's basic physics.

whole food plant based. not just whole grains. intact grains. i know i can drop this redpill all i want and you will still talk yourself out of it due to conditioning.

Go vegan.

>Saying "Everyone is lying!" is just a cop-out.
God damn do I wish I saved that image from the study that showed people were under reporting how many calories they were actually consuming

One word SUGAR

Fuck sugar

Post more cow titties!

While there are things that change energy in and energy out, the only factor for weight is energy in vs energy out.

Leann Crow, doesn't do hardcore though.

Fat kraut detected. If you are going to link BMI to calorie intake you need to factor in height, calorie expenditure.

If you are 6,2 you will need more calories than a person that is 5,6. There is also muscle mass and activity.

Counting calories does work if you are honest. The human body can not create energy or mass. If you spend more calories than you take in you will lose mass. Muscle burns more calories than fat.

Some people will not absorb all the calories they take in, but no one in this universe will spend more calories than they take in without losing mass

Eat less and jog a few miles every day, fatty.

I'm on a diet now senpai, all I can say is this...

Fuck processed food. They put sugar in everything. Don't mean to be healthy fag, but losing weight is easy when you eat from scratch.

Kek willing, I will have lost my weight by august.

Funny how people in hospitals for extended periods don't gain weight on a monitored diet.

>those horrendously huge tits
might as well go fuck a cow
also sage, cause I don't want to see that shit mixed with my politics.

I don't even understand why they do this but they do. Even things that you never would've thought should have sugar in them have sugar added apparently just to make them more unhealthy.

Asians eat 1/4 what an American would eat though. For example Koreans will have a 15 course meal, but it will all be tiny side dishes with a tiny bowl of rice. If you put it all on a plate it would barely cover half the plate.

Same with Austrians eating cakes and pastries. The typical Viennese breakfast on the weekend is a coffee and a croissant. A typical American breakfast on the weekend is a stack of pancakes, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns ect.

Genetics prob plays a part too, seems every native indian here is fat as fuck once they hit 30. So are Hawaiians, Samoans ect. They are predominately poor and eat garbage high in liquid sugar but still, not all are poor so genetics must play a part for literally all of them to be fat.

Calories in, calories out

Its more a problem in North America ( But catching on in Europe and some parts of Asia)
high fructose corn syrup is much cheaper to produce than real sugar. They put this shit in just about everything, and it is extremely bad for you. It causes obesity, as well as damage your digestive system and liver.

I started avoiding HFCS and I lost like 3-5 pounds in a week without any major changes to my diet or exercise.

Saw a video recently of someone boiling the water out of a bottle of coke. Look it up bro, fucking disgusting

>Fat people breaks the first law of thermodynamics

Fuck off Ahmed, there's no way you could get fat if you eat less calories than your BMR, you would be dead then.

pretty sure non whites don't process wheat and corn based foods as well as whites do having years of agriculture. Hence why Mexicans and blacks get so fat

Are you literally retarded? It had a lot more to do with other things than just food, such as thr type of food, exercise, metabolism, ect.

I'm going to hand feed you the best red pill you can receive. (((They))) want us overweight and out of shape so our chances of fighting back are small. Read Cabeza de Vaca and take note on native american diets. If you don't do anything all day you don't need much food. Treat food as gas, I eat one meal a day when I am in school and not working out. You don't need all the gas they say you need, unless you need to use more energy that day.

Because sugar is adicting as fuck.

Also the industry has most people fooled into thinking fat is the baddie. Food without fat needs sugar to taste good

Try this movie:
youtu.be/aCUbvOwwfWM

Post cow tits

>and take note on native american diets

I was in California, nevada and Utah recently. I saw maybe a thousand native I's adn they where ALL fat. not jsut overveight but FAT.
Indians sure do not have the genetics for modern food

>Data supports the real-life observation that food intake and obesity don't correlate at all: You have countries that eat a lot and are thin (Austria lol), you also have countries that don't eat a lot and are fat (Africa especially), but then again, you also have countries that eat a lot and are fat and those that don't eat a lot and are skinny. It's all over the place.

This And
"Data supports the real-life observation that food intake and obesity don't correlate at all"

What is laws of physics you utter downy fuckwit. The fat people have no tryied it yet because we have yet to EVER observe creating energy out of nothing.

Sage obvious slide thread

It's literally this.

Too much sugar loads up all your glycogen stores, once your glycogen is full and you get even more sugar put in your insulin converts it all straight to fat regardless of caloric content.

>what is underreporting

If you count, and not only count, but LIMIT, and not only "limit" but actually L I M I T the calories you consume, you will, inevitably, absolutely materially lose weight.

It is physically impossible to gain weight on a CR diet of 1200 calories as an adult.

Absolutley this! Sugar is whats messing people up. Its in everything. Its even in bread. Corn syrup is even worse.

kek shut the fuck up. Not exercising is whats messing people up

Keep carbs/sugar below 50g a day. Cut out processed foods. Eat meat. Usda food recommendations were made to support agriculture not the human body.

t. gay

Exercise is also a huge part of the equation, but people in North America eat way too much sugar, carbs and processed food. Shit food is shit fuel for the body. Increasingly sedentary life styles make things much worse. We're in bad shape.

>american foreign policy.gif

sauce is leanne crow

>Keep carbs/sugar below 50g a day.
Stop being stupid. Carbs are necessary in the form of fiber and natural sugars are fine. 50% of you daily calories can be carbs and you will be fine.

Refined sugar is shit. Sugars from fruits etc are fine and necessary.

Don you drink soda like water? To me soda is like a treat. I dont even like sweet foods that much i like spicy and salty foods

I'm going to take this one at a time.

>Data supports the real-life observation that food intake and obesity don't correlate at all: You have countries that eat a lot and are thin (Austria lol), you also have countries that don't eat a lot and are fat (Africa especially), but then again, you also have countries that eat a lot and are fat and those that don't eat a lot and are skinny. It's all over the place.
This is true but an incomplete statement. It's better to say that the data supports the observation that food intake and obesity are not solely correlated. They do correlate in conjunction with quality of food. Foods densely packed with nutrients eaten in the same quantity as food that is not will predictably lead to a higher yield in body "stuff to do".

Y'see we have three sources of energy for the body: glucose, glucagon, and fat.

Glucagon is basically Glucose that's on standby. You don't need it now, but you will need it at a moment's notice, so your body has enough after you wake up and have breakfast for about 8 hours of normal human stuff before you run out of Glucagon and burn fat. If you don't eat, you have about 4. It's also 4 if you do exercise or other intense activity.

Glucose is used in the quantities necessary and then stored into Glucagon.

And when Glucagon doesn't get used, it's turned into Fat for long term storage.

So if you eat meals without proper nutrients, stuff stops working as well - muscle repair, nerve repair, dendrite connection formation in the brain. Protein is needed to make new structures and repair damage. Fat is broken down into energy, the most per unit. Carbs assist the body in various ways usually through assisted delivery of enzymes and stuff. Calories are just a measurement of the energy potential of food.

Therefore, it's quality and quantity that impacts food outcomes.

>. Carbs are necessary in the form of fiber and natural sugars are fine
Fiber is absolutely necessary but it isn't digested. Nutritionally humans require zero carbohydrates.

There are a lot of different related factors that determine whether or not and how much you gain/lose weight. The ratio of macronutrients is more important than the nutrition community is claiming it is, probably due to coca-cola and mcdonalds funding research that says otherwise and similar antics. Particularly people eat waaaay too much carbs/sugar when you get more than enough from two-three servings of whole veggies.

Also many nutritionists claim you can lose weight by eating 12x your weight (lbs) in calories. Unless you're an athlete that's ridiculous, it'll take like a year to lose 10 lbs.

The best way to lose weight, as far as we know right now, is eating at max 10x your weight in calories. Those calories should be very low in carbs (as low as possible, and get as many as possible from fiber rich veggies). And work out 3-5x a week (1-2 of those days should be cardio, the rest all compound body exercises).

Eating sugar vs eating the same amount of calories with vegetables, good quality meat and dark rice etc.

So yeah, it's not about calories but it's about how much sugar and carbs you have vs. how much protein and fiber etc you have on your food. Stop drinking the sugar jew.

As for weight loss: 3-500 calorie deficit a day. That's all you need. You can get there through eating less or exercising more. Just have a calorie deficit and you will lose weight.

To properly function you do, especially sugars for the nervous system

like your mom lmao

agreed 10x your weight in calories is the best method.

i'm a fairly thin person, best way for me to lose weight is to keep at 1200-1300 cal.

i'm too lazy to go low carb or to exercise much, doesn't really matter much because i only care about being thin, not being fit.

You can get enough from green veggies. No reason to ever eat fruit

You can synthesize glucose in a few different ways. And excepting the cells of the nervous system, your body is able to directly produce ATP from fatty acids without glucose.

>"Everyone is lying!"

There was literally a study that concluded that people who couldn't lose weight lied about their caloric intakes.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_Body_Mass_Index_(BMI)

>Cook Islands
>Cook
>everyone's fat as shit
it's like pottery

Omega-6's

>i will NEVER get a gf/wife with tits that big, even with NBE
>will never be one either

>i'm too lazy to go low carb

You'll lose weight faster if you do that. Also in my opinion it's a lot easier to stick to a diet if you have clearly defined rules on what you cut out rather than generally trying to eat less calories. And if you cut out carbs you'll really never be hungry.

Ketofags plzgo

Nigga you can make gasoline from coal to, it's just not very efficient.. and you end up losing the war

that's the thing, i don't need to lose weight.

i like to keep between 115 and 125 (5'7"), so whenever i creep up, i just make sure i eat 1200 cal and wait two or three months.

i'm not going to give up carbs for a couple vanity pounds, i enjoy food too much to do that.

>115 and 125 (5'7")
Please don't be male.

>he isn't a slender twink
lmfao at you family

it fucking works you mongoloid nigger. Physics always work. If you run a caloric deficit you will lose weight. but people count very generous and often dont keep it up or they actually overestimate their expenditure. There is no discipline thats why it only works with a few.

How can you hope to fight against ahmeds when even the wind can take you out?

user here is correct. Much of our food is loaded with sugar, and we don't realize it. Look at the label for how many grams of sugar are in a serving. 4 grams is roughly equal to one teaspoon of sugar. Pay attention. You will be shocked at how many teaspoons of sugar you consume daily. Stop doing that.

I bet you hate fun.

All the studies are flawed because fatties lie.

Cut out as much sugar as possible. This includes "fake" alts such as Splenda and stevia. Only drink water or black coffee or tea. Drink 64+ oz a day.

The majority of your diet should be raw veggies and fruits. eat only whole grains. Eat meat whenever you want.

Count calories. Exercise. It works.

If you are under 6 feet you are not a male, I don't care how many y chromosomes you have

>Eat meat whenever you want.
I will say be careful about this section of advice. This is how I got gout.

Yeah I understood where you were coming from I just wanted to plug how easy and refreshing low-carb eating was.

I'm in the same position as you (except a little heavier and taller) and I don't normally eat low-car either (except during lent, which is now).

>girls
>on Sup Forums

It's not even that they count very generous they flat out lie when scientists run these surveys. Or even if they don't lie intentionally, they'll say they ate a cheeseburger, when what they really meant is that they ate a double cheeseburger plus onions and special sauce from Five guys as opposed to a home made burger with fresh meat, cheese, and a whole grain bun.

>tfw i was predicted to reach 6'1 and got stuck at 5'7

i was not good at puberty

good advice but be careful with meat bacon /sausage and other shit only in small doses. Alternatively you can eat chicken without skin as much as you want.

MANLET you dishonor famiry

I'm a genetic manmore and genetics are all that count

Stop eating and drinking sugar and you won't die when you are 50.

Stop being afraid of all forms of sugar and you will have enough energy to get out of the bed before you turn 50

Yeah my bad I don't eat much meat so whenever you want was supposed to imply 1-3 times a week

Forgot not everybody eats sensibly lol

Fiber is digested by your gut bacteria and you do get a few calories out of it.

You'd be surprised how many diets call for eating as much meat as you want with no carbs to lose weight/gain muscle mass/whatever.

Most people in studies under report their calories or have no idea how many calories they actually consume. They hear "oatmeal is good!" but then they throw on a stick of butter and 5 spoonfuls of brown sugar and wonder why they aren't losing weight. Dumb people don't calculate stuff they add to their food like sugar and cream as additional calories, so they end up with like 1500 extra calories from dumb shit that they're like "oh, I didn't think those counted!" when asked about it.

There isn't some crazy conspiracy where food conglomerates are adding chemicals to food that make us gain weight uncontrollably, its dumb people being lazy and dumb. If you eat at a caloric deficit, 99% of people will lose weight without even adding exercise. Add exercise and you lose weight even faster by creating more of a deficit. You can't trick physics.

t. qt lanklet

Its hardly balanced diet then. Its good to build muscle mass but not good as a permanent diet. Which is why people cycle it.

Even worse is vegetable oil. Refined vegetable oils is probably the worst thing you can eat.

Sugar is necessary but only in very small quantities. The problem is it triggers certain chemical responses which causes people to eat absolutely absurd amounts. You get enough from green veggies.

>as much meat as you want

No mainstream diet calls for that except the paleo diet, and that's not really a weight loss diet, it's about eating foods humans can digest healthily and eating from the most "organic" sources possible to improve physical and mental health.

If anyone says eat as much of x as you want it's not a weight loss diet. It doesn't matter what it is, if you eat too much of a certain nutrient it's not good for you, and if you eat too much total calories you will not lose weight.

this, but don't fall for the coffee/tea jew

What about the pushback I hear about exercising makes you crave more food and can actually get you to overeat? I know if you're counting calories that shouldn't be a problem but like you implied lazy and dumb have no willpower.

As far as we know caffeine is actually good for you

If you really want to be super cautious with what you put into your body than avoid it, or if you want complete control of your mind, but otherwise there's no reason to avoid it.

You need to get of fast carbs they give you the hunger attacks. Switch to slow carbs that release energy in steady pace.

One can soda 12 fl oz is 43 grams of sugar. Thats a fucking pile. I drink 4 or 5 a day

>As far as we know caffeine is actually good for you

Good means nothing unless you give it context or a precise definition. In the example of caffeine, many experience more negative effects than positive ones from it.

First off, Africa is not a country.
On to the point, obesity and food intake are quite obviously related. To say there is no correlation is absolutely moronic. Metabolism, however, does seem to play somewhat of a role as well, and we'e still working on researching that.

What sort of oil should I use when making eggs then user?

Don't forget that once insulin drops your blood sugar levels, you immediately get hungry, while it can take up to 5 hours for your liver glycogen storage to start convert to glucose.

None. You should really never use any oil for anything that's not extra virgin olive oil.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2801884/

We really have no idea what does and does not give us cancer, but if there is something that gives you cancer, it's drinking 5 cans of soda per day.

So everyone thinks I'm crazy for thinking this and I probably am but I've been researching the benefits of eating your own shit.

>can eat your food twice but not three times
>save your money on food
>eating poop is only unhealthy if your own body is unhealthy
>efficient as fuck

I talked to my doctor and nutritionist and they both told me that there are benefits of doing it but right after they told me that it was too disgusting.

Thoughts?

Use non stick pans. Coconut oil if you must

How do I prevent the eggs from sticking then?

The only gymnastics that our German friend can do are mental.