Age of Consent Laws

Can somebody explain to me how age of consent laws are not arbitrary and capricious? Shouldn't we focus on abuse, molestation, and rape? Also on situations where one person is under the care of the other. These things make an action wrong, not the number of times the earth has orbited the sun since they were born.

This all came about because Milo referenced it in the "Drunken Peasants" podcast. Maybe it can spur real discussion.

checked. aoc laws are anti-freedom.

I'm so confused by this photo

kek that picture

It's not a crazy answer. "Common law" means the law of the courts as opposed to "statutory law" which sets things like the age of consent. It isn't crazy to think that the "common law" of age of consent is some kind of crazy low number because it might have been a case from like the middle ages or something.

If we were to revise aoc laws, what should they be to be fair?

Apparently the answer is puberty

let young girls make a cunny license or something once they feel ready

Her face says she's 14 and his face says he's 30.
Her body says she's 21 and his body says he's 12.

What the fuck am I even looking at?

So each woman decides in advance and registers that they can now give consent. It could work but there might be some problems.

>arbitrary, non science-based "laws"

Ironically the Bible and Torah do not reference age of consent as far as I know.

>but there might be some problems.

like what?

they are arbitrary because people are different and develop differently.

However, the court system doesn't have time to sort out each and every case, so it sets a limit. The thought is that it's best to shoot high. Many states leave it at 17 or 16, which is fine, and with no penalty if you are within a certain age range.

So, for the few guys out there, that are MUCH older than a girl, that ABSOLUTELY NEED to fuck at sub-16 year old, well they need to chill out. and wait a year or two.

Furthermore, you can test it yourself by asking yourself how old your daughter would have to be before you felt like pursuing legal action against a 40 year old dude fucking her. (maybe you'll say never)

If she is 12 and decides she's cool with fucking some old dude, then you won't be able to take legal action against him.

Well for one thing, since you have to register, it creates more government bureaucracy which always leads to waste, fraud and abuse. For another thing, some girls might not want to register fearing it might get out.

There is a difference between telling a girl she can have sex and that she should have sex. I'd instill that it's best to wait till marriage. However, I'm not going to enforce that rule with a shotgun.

>i require your oats sister

Look at his hands he's a midget you dingus

If you care about maturity of consent/brain: 25
If you think they should fuck anyone after they leave high school/enter "adult age": 17/18
If you think teens will fuck anything: 14-16
If you're a weirdo "teach em young" person: 12/13
If you're Mohammad: 6 at most

Anything else is just plain wrong.

isn't that kind of a self contradictory idea? that people can choose whether or not they can choose something

Babyfucker detected!

>tfw 16 is age of consent in my state with no restrictions on the older parties age range
>tfw I'm too fat bald and married to fuck a prime 16 year old

I'll make is simple creep:

The kid is under my care until age 19 and I dont want them fucking until I'm free of legal responsibility for them

You violate that and I'll fucking kill you you pedo scum

No AoC, the entire concept is immoral. A girl belongs to her father, it's up to him to decide when she is to be married. Sex outside of marriage is rape.

Shouldn't that be age of majority?

Poor Aisha.

The point is that I guess you can say they registered that they can give consent and that takes thought and doesn't happen in a moment of passion.

Not an argument

Wait, so now people who want to have sex with 19 year olds are pedos? I'm not even sure where to start with this one. My wife was 19 when I married her and she was still living with her parents. In fact we even moved in with her parents for a few months before we got our own place. Paid them rent and everything.

I think the US used to have some laws about adultery but I don't think they pinned all the blame on the man.