SAFE LINUX DISTRIBUTIONS???

According to Vault 7 leaks Ubuntu isn't safe.

Are there any safe versions of Linux? Do I have to write my own kernel in order to be completely sure?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux
cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php
sam.zoy.org/lmos/
archive.org/details/VAULT7CIAHACKINGTOOLSDOCUMENTS
twitter.com/wikileaks/status/839125783255867392
zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-and-others-on-linuxs-systemd/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd
boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We dont know
Go for a distro that has a stable kernel version.
Also some distros may have rouge devs that put intentional bugs in their code
Internet security is a fucking mess

The only """safe""" operating system is an airgapped NetBSD install.

With proper physical security protocols in place*

>NetBSD

Try OpenBSD

Xubuntu
Arch Linux
Parabola
Temple
ReactOS

there's no such thing as """safe"""
we "knew" this for years, but snowden proved it.

i'd wager a disproportionate number of devs on most of the big opensource projects are bound to be spooks.

there are some hardened linux kernels for debian etc but it's not user friendly, nor is ANYTHING you do likely to prevent an attack by a state actor.

just accept that there is no such thing as privacy in the digital world. It's a crushing redpill at first, but there's not a lot you can do.

What about something like tails?

You could try the snow den approved distro

Do most distributions use SEkinux these days? I know Fedora does.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux

Tor is shit always has been, you can be classified as felon for having it now

What exactly makes you think Ubuntu is less safe than other distributions? I bet most of the stuff they've written for Ubuntu could be used for other distributions too with no or minimal effort.

They're all compromised

Your only option is TempleOS

This. CIA niggers cannot wiretap you if you dont even have networking!

How fucking brain damaged do you have to be to be using Ubuntu anyway?

This, the only way to keep MIT niggers and CIA niggers at bay.

Run kali or backtrack

cvedetails.com/top-50-products.php

Seriously this.
He was right all along.

It's compromised.

Devuan
Qubes
Trisquel
Gentoo
Slackware

ubuntu isn't safe only if you install stupid closed source shit

as long as it's open source they can only suck your cock don't worry

don't run kali you might hack CIA by accident while trying to open firefox

TempleOS

That probably just means Ubuntu is tested more thoroughly than most other distributions.

Because open source software never has flaws right? Not like libssl has EVER had a vuln. I mean, bash is 100% secure and always has been.

There is no "safe" software because your 'adversary' as many more millions of dollars than you to research entry points.

If you know ASM, you can write your own OS, and be more certain what it does.

You can't even use an OS in C, because the compiler can inject.

Just use windows 10 with AVG and you are good.

>use SEkinux
It's been in the kernel of almost all distros for years, but it's essentially useless straight out of the box. You need to set that shit up for every unique machine.

Nothing N O T H I N G is safe

If you have sensitive files keep them on a non-networked machine

>mfw I don't have anything to hide, except shitposting on Sup Forums
>mfw I have lengthy posts about photons actually being millions of microscopic jews, bouncing around, and detailed addresses on how we should evade the photonic jews
>mfw I have multiple similar posts, condemning women for being vaginal jews, with accounts on how to not be exploited by them

Fuck, the CIA must be laughing their asses off if they actually perform surveilance on what individual Sup Forumsacks write.

you're fucking retarded
literally kill yourself

all i want to do is buy drugs on the dw

>on a non-networked machine
Without proximal connection to a network tap, either.

It is possible to figure out what you type from the sounds your keyboard makes, you know.

+1 for Qubes

Last Measure is the only safe operating system

sam.zoy.org/lmos/

>AVG
>not Norton

Get a load of this pleb

I`m using QUBES OS

Never expected it to run but it does and I only have a low spec PC.

Its a steep learning curve but its worth spending time learning it. Right about now I`d bet its the only option you have for the safest Linux operating system. Not sure for how long though.

VAULT 7 CIA HACKING TOOLS DOCUMENTS Download

archive.org/details/VAULT7CIAHACKINGTOOLSDOCUMENTS

Linux from scratch, and everything you're the only one to have worked on

You must have missed the sarcasm. That was exactly my point. FOSS is no more secure than closed source.

nice try Jtrig.

Tinfoil hat linux. I operate off a floppy disk and volatile memory.

It doesnt matter if the OS is "safe"
They are monitoring all network activity on your router, all of which are compramised.
Inb4 proxy
They can see around that.

I wasn't contradicting you.

Sup Forumsneeds its own distro.
Call it KEKlinux

Witnessed. Shadiley, comrade.

And so it was willed.

>thinking any linux distro is safe

These digits
Fuck now I have to learn to code

The internet as we know it is practically brand spanking new. We don't have the physical technology to make everything as safe as we could.

You can be sure that every bit that comed out of your little wan-port is saved and stored on massive storage facilities somewhere on earth.

>CIA niggers cannot wiretap you if you dont even have networking!
they can tho

twitter.com/wikileaks/status/839125783255867392

So....The clitoris is just the vaginal Jews nose that if you tickle enough will make it sneeze?

I want to pet that cat

This. Even if you manage to make your computer secure one way or another, we're on a huge network and actors of the internet are all compromised. If it's not your computer, it will be your ISP, or whatever.
If you want to be on a "safe" computer, you probably should just have a dedicated offline computer.

You'll have to find a circle of people you can trust (a lot), fork linux kernel, fully audit it, maintain it and somehow obfuscate sources. Or just make another kernel fully offline. You'll have to rewrite all drivers offline. All the programs will either have to be homebrewed offline. Also, you'll never be able to go on a network without compromising your datas one way or another.
You'll need a shitload of people for that, and you will never be able to make sure everybody is trustworthy. You'll also have to create your own data storage to transmit commits and all for dev, and you'll have to meet all of them IRL.
I don't think you can make a truly secure OS, or be safe from spying on the internet.

>Temple

Qubes OS

Any good?

No computer is safe. No OS is safe. Everything digital is 100% compromised.

Use Dragon OS.

seconding this. cat a cute!

>fork linux kernel, fully audit it
You will never have a secure device unless you physically build the transistor structure yourself and design the protocols yourself.

It isn't actually that difficult to do, for the basics of text processing capability, but it can be time-consuming.

Air-gap hopping is dodgy from an entry standpoint. It's very useful for getting data out though.

People don't realize that computer bus frequencies are also at radio-frequency.

It's essentially possible for a radio-telescope to deduce elements of what is on a screen from the LVDS patterns it sees.

Yeah, that too.

What are you guys actually so worried about? I obviously think that the depth of the spying is fucked up but still.

>inb4 cia still

No, its just I'd rather have full easy access to the internet and be monitored than not at all.

topkek
dank meme

fuck it, at the end of the day, even if you do have a 100% secure OS, all it would take to compromise it is a cute grill that really needs to use your computer b/c she has a project due tomorrow and her roomate sat on her airbook.

You can't rely on software to be safe.

No one knows. Just dont download shit and get a pfsense router running on an old computer. How are they even infesting routers? What is the injection point?

it was secure until (((systemd)))

zdnet.com/article/linus-torvalds-and-others-on-linuxs-systemd/
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Arguments_against_systemd

>listing 5 systemd distros
nice try shill

>classified as felon for having it now

Sounds like it works if used properly.

>How are they even infesting routers? What is the injection point?
Routers are very easy to infect, and most of them actually run versions of linux.

Firmware can be hacked. Many microprocessors have self-write capability, and can be instructed to hop execution points.

As says, software programmers are often essentially useless for security.
They depend on a compiler for all high level languages, which can inject whatever it wants.
Most programmers don't know how the computer works, they are not hardware engineers.

The only reasonable safety is manual hardware design, such that the processing protocol is almost completely unheard of.
Then your primary vulnerability would be the 'analog loophole', where you personally interface with it.

Most things like your cpu supposedly have randomizer shit built it to protect it from air gap but honestly they would probably give that key to the cia if paid.

Mostly I have always assumed air gap hopping is for when they can have physical access inside at some point.

Tails was compromised long ago.

Install Gentoo, been using it for 5 years now.

>>How are they even infesting routers? What is the injection point?
>Routers are very easy to infect, and most of them actually run versions of linux.
>Firmware can be hacked. Many microprocessors have self-write capability, and can be instructed to hop execution points.

Instructed how though. I get once they are in they can do anything. How is a router accepting instructions from the outside? That first penetration is the key and I dont see any details in the leaks.

Install Gentoo the stink of full freetard is the only way to keep the spooks off.

Arch linux or Gentoo because the CIA and NSA know only autist use those distro. Besides that, the rolling release nature means the system is so broken that not even the user of such a system can work the OS much less some spooks.

Spent all afternoon yesterday rericing. What does non Sup Forums minded individuals think?

no operating system is safe if the hardware is compromised.

boingboing.net/2016/06/15/intel-x86-processors-ship-with.html

QUBES was designed by a woman. Enuf said.

How difficult is to use it?

What are you talking about? Richard Stallman dislikes gentoo because it keeps proprietary software in the official repos. Gentoo is great though, you can pick whichever licences to block.

The only safe option is not being connected to the internet.

Also Linux snobs BTFO.

INSTALL
GENTOO
E
N
T
O
O

>supposedly have randomizer shit
Completely worthless for a program that can modulate bus activity.

There are systems, like for digital safes, that obfuscate the ability to have out-of-band gathering of data:
But if there's malware already on the computer that can change hardware states, those state changes can be picked up by outer listeners, even at a long distance.

>How is a router accepting instructions from the outside?
There can be tons of exploits like buffer overflows, or even deliberate hardware backdoors, that put it into a receptive mode.

Remember, the coder writing the router firmware may usually be using C or another high level language.
At which point, the C compiler can put whatever ASM injection points it wants in.

One of the first steps in understanding computer security is realizing that computer programmers don't actually program the computer: the HLL Compiler does. A programmer knows 'jack shit' about how the computer handles his or her instructions in most cases.

W-woke af

you have to design your own processor, or use a game boy's

most routers are garbage

a lot of american routers were also found to have chinese malware that was only able to be put on from the factory

i still see some cheap routers that keep telnet turned on by default, which has a handful of known exploits.

its just a Xen virtualized Fedora distro.

>But if there's malware already on the computer that can change hardware states, those state changes can be picked up by outer listeners, even at a long distance.

This is what I mean about airgap though I think it only works if they are already inside. It can be used to get info out but you are already fucked anyways.

Also I suppose the compilers could be compromised but wouldn't people have found such vulnerabilities over time?
Ive been wondering about arm cpus and if they can be a way to get open source hardware made.

>One of the first steps in understanding computer security is realizing that computer programmers don't actually program the computer: the HLL Compiler does. A programmer knows 'jack shit' about how the computer handles his or her instructions in most cases.

What's even worse is working with SQL programmers. God only knows what is going on when a stored procedure is run.

You fucking retard. Kali is Backtrack 6 in literally all but name.

Only safe distros are those endorsed by the Free Spftware Foundation.

Or a computer made in 2003

Isnt anyone doing a respectable workload on cpu fucking with the procedures themselves to max efficiency?

Don't use internet with your tranny collection computer and remove wifi :3

A pretty fucking smart woman.

I had to pull my graphics card to use it. There is still a lot of work to be done in that area.

just turn your internet off when ur not using it you retards. they don't have magic hacking programs, they just piggyback off your OS when you leave everything on 24/7.

Your router will still fuck you in the pooper.

That's a joke, right?

TempleOS is the last safe haven, the only last temple of God.

Nothing is really safe. Try Whonix, or Qubes, they provide heavy out-of-the-box security optimizations and preconfigured SELinux/AppArmor policies. This is safer than just Ubuntu.

But you have to have a threat model in mind in order to escape from CIA-level hackers.

ba_ha sloth you're_in_big_trouble no_news_is_good_news you're_lucky birds King_Midas virtue absolutely in_practice charged I_can't_believe_it You_da_man do_over oh_oh do_I_have_to smart hello who_are_you_to_judge you_should_be_so_lucky wot wonderbread couldnt_possibly Bam eh my_precious arrogant didn't_I_say_that I'm_gonna_smack_someone reverse_engineer are_you_feeling_lucky it'd_take_a_miracle

anything without systemD