Did you know you can cover your healthcare costs for $749 every year? Here's a neat trick!

twitter.com/NewDay/status/839088737242005506

Apparently Rep Chaffetz thinks avoiding buying a new iPhone every year is enough savings to cover your healthcare needs. I don't know about you, but $63/mo [$749/12] doesn't even cover my portion of my employer-subsidized health insurance.

Neat! Try it!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ijQIJAK0NFA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

obama literally said the same thing and you uppity niggers did nothing but ook and eek in agreement.

... Source?

> YES, WORDS MATTER
>taking everything a politician says as literal

>OBAMA: "I guess what I would say is if you looked at that person's budget, and you looked at their cable bill, their telephone, their cell phone bill, other things that they're spending on, it may turn out that it's just--they haven't prioritized healthcare because right now, everybody's healthy. Nobody actually wants to spend money on health insurance until they get sick."

youtube.com/watch?v=ijQIJAK0NFA

It was directed at "poor" niggers who have 800 dollar pairs of shoes and 2 iphones. Gravy train is over.

T H I S
H
I
S

Vertical posting for visibility

$749 a year is really fair

Get rekt OP

My Healthcare costs for the last 10 years has been about $500 TOTAL.

That's $50/year, or about $4/month.

Hmm...pay $150/month for insurance OR pay $4/month by paying out of pocket and not being a gross disgusting obese sack of shit

I don't want healthcare. Why they removing that part? I don't want to be forced to pay for shit I don't want.

Hey look! Another liberal taking things our of context to prove a cuckish marxist point!

so fresh! Smells like sage !

My employer covers my health insurance completely and its pretty good insurance too.

>t. Electrician

>$63/mo [$749/12]
This doesn't sound accurate.

/op's life

fucking DESTROYED

It's a beautiful thing when the OP gets so thoroughly BTFO.

Actually my employer provided health care costs me $53 per month.... And I don't waste my$$$ on frivolities.

Stay mad shill.

I've had no insurance for ten years and have spent less than that paying out of pocket

Is that it? $150 per month? Is that the average cost of health insurance?

Not under Obama care. Average quote for a single white male was $400 per month with a $12k deductible

So under obamacare people paid more? What's the point of that?

>excluding the 2 year contract
>not recognising "iPhone" is just a metaphor for luxury goods.
This is why you are poor.

Insurance is gambling. Their bet that you stay as healthy as you are now, and if they lose they owe you potentially millions.
I'd agree with your sentiment if healthcare costs (and by that i don't mean insurance) were subject to any kind of control. But there are no price lists, no fixed rates. They just pull numbers out of their ass and charge people thousands of dollars for an ambulance ride and another couple thousand for a saltwater infusion.
It's an extremely corrupt market, and if they don't fix this shit you risk bankruptcy by not being insured against everything.

People who are bad at math will still vote for people who gibs them stuff

What about the monthly plan with unlimited text and data attached to the new iPhone?

Part of the problem is America does not have competition in healthcare. You are legally not allowed to advertise prices so healthcare providers don't have to compete with each other and prices can be absurd.

It's simple...
1.Make healthcare so unaffordable that no one buys it.
2. stipulate a penalty (10% of annual income) for not having it.
3. Profit

True freedom is the freedom to make stupid decisions.

>reddit fag mad that republicans want him to take responsibility for himself instead of buying a new facebook machine every year

Because the government would subsidize the cost (my friend only had to pay $3 a month). A lot of poor people drag down the system and increase cost, then we subsidize them. This year his costs went up to $30/month.

gg

Been sending this to people all day. I've actually gotten some to block me.

Depends. If you have a good job a company will take care of negotiations on healthcare and will usually get you a pretty sweet deal. Mine got me around 200 a month for a plan that covers healthcare (20 copay, no out of pocket, 100% coverage) dental vision life and identity. Thats how it used to be if you were young and healthy like most of the people who were forced to join under obamacare. Most Americans had to go through the markets set up by Obamacare and offered worthless plans that were triple the cost, only 75% coverage and required you spend thousands out of pocket before you saw a single cent of your insurance companies money. Thia is because these companies were forced to take on people whose normally could get insurance because they were born with something, had habits that made the hospital a when instead of an if, and people who didnt make enough to pay for it. The last was either because they didnt work or didnt work enough.

my employer doesnt offer insurance but my girlfriends does, it only costs her $70 a month.

so she's pretty fucking close.

I want to pet that cat

So explain this to me. The monthly average wage in the USA is around $2700, and let's say an average health insurance is $300, so that makes 11% of your monthly wage.
Are people that cheap that they don't want to pay for an insurance?

I spend 45 a week on shitty insurance that barely covers anything. Im totally on board if i can save nearly 100 bucks a month on comparable or better insurance

goddamn i can feel the shock waves from here

OP is a rekt shill

Why the fuck dont you amerifats just get out of your mother's basements and just exercise. Then less people would get sick.

Wew lad 2700? This is America not Luxembourg.

But I did cover it for that before Obamacare. It was 70 per month before. It now costs me 400 per month. I have to drive an hour for a doctor. Before I just went in town.

Correction: I spend 30. Still, thats 120 vs somewhere around 70 bones. 600 dollars a year extra would be damn nice

FPBP get fucked. Iphone is trash.

RIP OP

You are leaving out too many other fixed costs.
Housing
Public transport is crap in USA so a car is usually a must
Average commute in most major cities is 45 min, so gas is a significant bill.
Basically in most cases Obama care asks you to give up the money you'd be investing into savings. So naturally people say no.

Well lets get this done first.
Take 700 off for your taxes.
Are you one of millions of americans who fell for the student loan meme?
Theres some more hundreds.
Now do you have a place to live?
Unless your parents are letting you stay rent free, some more hundreds.
Utilities on that place to live?
Do you pay for public transit or drive?

If you are making 2700 a month that money goes pretty fast. You can meme that you dont need internet or a phone or heat but replacing any of those with a $500 health plan that doesnt do anything so that laquisha and shan-a can go to the ER for a headcold is going to seem like a giant middle finger from the federal government.

He`s not wrong, no one needs an iphone. Plus they are utter garbage, worst OS for a mobile device, ever; including blackberry 10. Shit is trash proprietary mainstream drone phone for normies.

I can't afford a new iphone/phone every year

wow, I hope that dumb fucking nigger gets arrested. Forcing us to choose between cell phones and health care. Despicable.

>worst OS for a mobile device, ever

>Friend gets an iPhone
>Starts showing my all the cool stuff it can do my android can't
>Tap the home button twice
>Do it
>No dude, tap don't press
>Try again, still nothing happens
>No man TAP it
>Fuck you and fuck this garbage ass phone

Now I know what it feels like to be an old person trying to learn technology.

new phone is $750 ($63 a month)
phone plan is $55-75 a month
starbucks coffee every day is $100 a month
fast food every other day is $75 a month
alcohol every weekend is $50-$75

now imagine if you weren't such a degenerate and used a simple phone, made your own coffee, cooked your own meals, and controlled your alcoholism. not only would you be healthier, but you could easily afford your health insurance.

so, is it bad when Obama said it and now suddenly good?
You retards always do this
Someone accuses child trump of something and you shout "but hillary/obamer" and then run away while they start screaming

Holy fuck that sounds like a BIG TIME rip off. What kind of moron spends more than $100 for a phone? I have a nice smartphone I bought for $100 and my monthly service charge is $35. And in Los Angeles, those are insane prices you listed are insane.

>how dare chaffetz say something like this, it's classist/racist/sexist and just shows how literally he cares about the American people. No one should say something like this.
>Listen, Obama is just pointing out some harsh realities of life with character and poise. I'ts not ideal, but it's the reality.

The problem arises that the same groups of people say those same things. That they level criticism against their opponents for things they themselves do or let their "side" do. I, personally, don't have a problem with either statement because it is a reality. People suck at fucking budgeting and will buy a brand new TV before they put some money into a retirement plan or even a fucking savings account, but demand assistance with other shit that they could afford had they not bought the TV. It's the hypocrisy that's annoying you fucking spaghetti-nigger.

It's pretty nice leaving boost mobile because then you can get the phone you want, not from the list of pre-approved crap they decide you want.

yeah too bad people on this site arent nearly as rational

you perfectly know what I mean, people criticize trump, first team his little servants here do is research something that is similar in the other side and then use it as a game ending trap card
it's one of the oldest tricks in the book, but stops working after you finish middle school, or in the US, it never does sometimes

t. Angry ass retard

I don't see anyone here actually criticizing Obama for his comments, except maybe but I'm fairly certain this person was being facetious. Try again retard.

again, you're being really disingenuous implying that was not one the the main tactics dummies on here used all last year
i get it, complicated thoughts confuse you, you oughta lay down

Lel, nicely done

>jewniggers want free healthcare in 2017 lul

Who ever woulda thought that lack of competition causes price increases? Silly right winger, don't you know that daddy government is supposed to be our sole provider?
>t.yuropoor

>an italian
>insulting anyone's intelligence

But seriously, that wasn't what happened this past year. In nearly every instance, it was to point out progressive hypocrisy. But please feel free to provide some evidence to support your claim, I'll wait.

But they are poor, because they give the Jews thousands of dollars of their hard earned wageslave tokens and the only thing they receive is some shitty Chinese shoes

it only highlighted these people's hipocrisy, because they used it as a seemingly (to them) valid retort to any criticism of their rep idols, and then ignored to admit trump or others did anything wrong, basically
>it was wrong when libs did it, wrong when libs were hipocritical about it, but nothing to say when reps did it.
it was just an argument ender, not a way to agree that both sides were wrong in doing it
I'll repeat it in a simpler manner if you cant understand your own language, burger

Usually the phone is on a 2 year contract like 30 something a month.
Also groceries are like easily the same price as eating out

As much as i dislike him in all capacity he's not wrong, but don't let that be a deflection from the shit fest he turned our healthcare into.

And OP is gone.

My insurance is like 3600 a year, and I have no pre-existing conditions...

I agree, he isn't wrong.

>not a way to agree that both sides were wrong in doing it
No shit sherlock, neither Chaffetz or Obama or wrong on this. Guess what? When it was used in relation to criticism on Trump, those people weren't wrong either. Jesus Christ, I know you guineas are stupid, but are you that stupid?

No, it's a good thing he says it.

There's another instance on Bill Maher where he tries to make Republicans sound racist and says a quote about blacks shouldn't aspire to be ball players and rappers. Everyone gasps, then Maher says it's a quota from Michelle.

I have to pay ~11.36% of my pre-tax income as "county tax". This is approximately equal to $275 per month. That's what a good US health insurance would cost, except Swedish single-payer doesn't cover everything and Americans have more money than Swedes. Would you enjoy being subject to a separate 11.36% tax to pay for spotty healthcare with long queues? Americans already have VA hospitals, that's good enough.

I know astraction is a foreign concept to someone with an IQ of a dead squirrel like yourself, but I clearly stated I was referring to multiple cases where such tactic was used, not only this one, which was just the starting point of the discussion
feel free to stop replying and avoid any further embarassment, I'll forget about you pretty quick, you're boring

Thank you. Tony here seems to not understand that when this tactic is used, it's not to show the statement as wrong, but as correct. But he couldn't grasp his tiny, wine-addled mind around it.

And go ahead and provide some evidence of that.

poor little thing...

>I don't have anything, so I'm going to sweetie-post.

>People that can't afford personal healthcare upset that someone said it won't be free

Have I captured the argument accurately?

>forcing people to pay for something
>iPhones are garbage
The only thing that is bad about them is the fact you can modify them in any way, the base system is pretty solid and very convenient in how it operates

Goys... if you are pissed at insurance companies taking your money, buy stock in the company you have insurance with. As a partial owner of the company, you pay yourself for your own insurance. If you have enough cash, you could even buy enough shares where dividends could cover the cost.

>people that can't afford personal healthcare are upset it costs so much

fixed

>the city of OP

This is real jew advice since its not the insurance companies that profit, its the medical companies.

Buy stocks in big pharma.

Rekt

So if I can't afford a big mansion, should I be upset that the state doesn't give it to me for free?

>2 posts by this ID
OP was btfo so hard he stopped replying to the thread

My medications cost more than my rent, food, utilities, everything else, combined.

If i didnt have insurance i would die (well i would get medicaid if i didnt have private insurance, but point stands)

Now. Am i being some kind of drain on society? Sup Forums is quick to jump and say yes. But those very same medications, in the 90s, would have cost me around $50 a month. I could mow some laws to not die if i had to.

But not now, no amount of lawns.
That is most certainly not my fault.

>free

As if people are buying a new phone every year.

I pay more per month ($260) than what I paid for my phone (Kyocera Brigadier)

>because right now, everybody's healthy.
Sure thing, nigger.

Do you know what a false comparison is? Because I do not think you do.

You are certainly a drain on society, but so what?

Medicine shouldn't be a business.

>You are certainly a drain on society

So prices that are inflated beyond all reason are just what the prices are, and regardless of actual production cost, im seen as consuming the sticker price worth of resources?

The way it works is, i could easily afford my medication out of pocket if the prices were not inflated. They are inflated because society allows them to be. Therefore every dollar above what the cost would be that i have to pay, is something society owes me.

If society wants to keep going as is then fine, i wont stop it, it pays what im owed already anyway.