What do you guys think about Solzhenytsin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGfSmV0lcQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

100% sorted

didnt exposed the jew well

total fag

Not as much as I used to after talking to Rusbros.

Shalamov seems more interesting.

What does that mean?
What do you mean?
Why do you call him that?
What did they say?

Judging from his neck beard, our guy? Or Amish?

From what I recall they didn't like how his works which made the GULAG notorious were works of fiction, compared to Shalamov.

They liked Shalamov's writing better in general, I guess that might be lost outside of the Russian language.

Some said Solzhenitsyn was a crank, and I can't remember what their grievances with him were.

Overall they seemed amused at how much hype has has in the West/America, while in Russia he's not nearly as big.

>Solzhenitsyn
>Massive lying faggot
Pick two

When Rusposters call him a liar, what do they mean? Is it like gulag denial?

His writings are fiction, it is not based on any documents. I won`t deny gulag, but gulag is acronym of Russian Глaвнoe yпpaвлeниe лaгepeй "main administration of the camps". Forced labor camps are still here, it is just called differently. 60 gorillions is a myth, created by Solzhenitsyn and alikes.
Were there innocents? There were.
But it is nowhere near "half of the country imprisoned the other half is guarding".
If you want to know the somewhat true scale of repressions i`d suggest you to read Viktor Zemskov.

He lived like 20 minutes from me in Vermont

His writing is interesting but also tedious, dense and repetitive.

Gulags preceded Stalin, they only got much worse under him.

He says 50 million which is definitely gorillization

Deaths were more like 10 million, they ran from the turn of the century into the 60s so the death count is far higher than Nazi labor camps

Is it a dolphin in a bathtub?

10 millions dead is still gorillization.

>flag
I definitely trust you and the USSR's official sources, everyone knows how they operated with such transparency and integrity

Then why do you trust Solzhenitsyn?

Faggots want us to believe he sat in a gulag for as long as he did and decided to let the perpetrators off so he could talk shit about the jews.

youtube.com/watch?v=IJGfSmV0lcQ

I wasn't ready for that, topkek

breddy gud if you want to get depressed

I'm not reading him for the political opinions (which are often Rand-level biased, for the same reasons and understandably). I read him for the style, the quality of language, and the absolute depiction of the supremacy of the human spirit in the most adverse circumstances.

If you haven't read anything yet, start with First Circle. It's a perfect novel.

Send him to deal with this fucking scumbag:

absolutely no joke, man

Even Lavrentiy Beria, Stalin's hitman was against GULAGs. He clearly understood that they were ineffective in both ways. So that even Solzhenitsyn overdramatised sitaution, still GULAGs were solely torturing machines.They did not serve the state actually.

yea all these filthy capitalist pigs who try to say communism is bad and that it killed 100 million, really it only killed like 10 people, I know as I was alive and witnessed it personally

also capitalism kills like 300 trillion people every day because under capitalism you don't get everything for free

when will the bourgeoisie learn baka

Overrated, only famous in western countries. In russia people don't care about him that much

>prison do not serve the state
wtf?

based as fuck

Good goy. There is no way those totally not Jewish Bolsheviks could have killed innocents.

Read The Gulag Archipelago.

Any proper arguments?

I don't necessarily blindly trust anybody, but I sure as shit don't trust death count figures provided by the USSR. The actual figures are somewhere in the middle, but I don't think solzhenitsyns points are diminished whether his estimates are off

>Muh joos.
Also reading comprehension
>Were there innocents? There were.

Just funposting friend. How many people do you think died? I've always thought 50 gorillion was probably exaggerated, though it has never mattered much as the Jews here make sure that nothing is seen as even approaching the horror of the Holocaust.

Yuo either have prisons for convicts or facilities for hired workers.

If you try to combine these two it won't be a real correctional institution or an effective production facility. As i said many people amongst soviet's tops understood it. But Stalin was kindda stubborn.

>How many people do you think died?

Soviet KGB archives are still classified. So we can only guess. But millions and millions for sure.

So if a historian who worked in archives is lying, but Solzhenitsyn who didnt see any documents and pulled numbers out of his ass is sure trustworthy.
Also you can read american historian "Robert W. Thurston Life and Terror in Stalin's Russia, 1934-1941"
We still have those labor camps just under other name, that sure shows how ineffective they are.
According to Zemskov 10 millions were repressed in 1918-1958. About 900 000 were sentenced to death

>implying if something is present in Russia, rooting in soviet times its crasy effective

Yeah sure..

Its not unrealistic to suppose an academic brought up in soviet universities would have a less than objective view. But really I'm saying I'm skeptical of any official records the soviets kept or showed to anyone.

And again I hardly think it matters whether it was 5 million or 10 million or 50 million. His point was that Bolshevism sucks and so do gulags

It was present in USSR even after gulag disbanded in 1960. I`m not saying it`s crazy effective but idont see a anything better.
Then why bring numbers, if it`s all about bolshevism sucks?
>USA had 2,5 million incarcerated in 2008, capitalism sucks.