Fill bowl with tapwater

>fill bowl with tapwater
>put fish inside
>it dies

Yet the government expects us to drink the same water...

How is this allowed?

I wouldn't worry about it goy.

Hey dipshit, fast changes in temperature can kill goldfish.

WTF? I hate water now.

Fish still breath oxygen from the water. If the water isn't running or being aerated somehow the fish is going to suffocate (unless it has a labyrinth organ).

it has to be the same temperature. and the fish has to aclimatize. if you do this, and you live in a first world country, your fish survives just fine.

>fish swims in salt water
>get inside ocean
>i die, fish wins

They die from their own piss when you feed them too much retard.

>not getting a filter for your fish

I drink well water

Temperature change, or chlorine. Just leave the water out overnight before you dump it into the tank next time to let the chlorine dissipate.

>That's right go...guys
>Buy Nestlé™ Bottled 0.5L water for only 3,50 hehe

Even if you put the fish in tapwater of exactly the same temperature, it would still die. The chlorine content is too high straight from the tap, so you have to either let it sit out for a while or add something like this.

NEED TO GET YOUR PROPUR WATER FILTERS YOU RETARD!

The tap water where I live doesn't kill fish

My 20 gallon has been going strong without a single bacteria or algae bloom in seven years. I have well water, and I don't add water conditioner.
I get occasional ground water in the well after very heavy rain, that's a little concerning. I have to drink bottled when this happens, and I shock the well with some bleach and neither me or the fish get it for over a week.

You can use tap water, just leave it out overnight.

>fill tank with purified water
>put human inside
>it dies

How is this allowed?

I looked through the documents, it's literally nothing. Huh, I wonder what all the hype was about. Pretty much useless stuff.

1 post by this ID

>fill tank with purified water
>put my semen inside
>it dies

How is this allowed?

False equivalence though, respiratory and digestive systems are completely unique at processing what is put into them

>fill swimming pool with spring water
>put human inside
>it dies

Yet Poland Spring expects us to drink the same water...

How is this allowed?

It's Bush's fault

>fill cup with river water
>it gets you sick

>pull fish out of water
>breathes air
>it dies

yet the government expects us to breathe this same air?

I don't like living things in my drinking water.

You can let the water sit out in open air for about 24 hours and it will be fine to put a fish in it.
T; I have a pet fish.

>fill hot-tub with raw sewage
>put baby inside
>it dies

Yet the government expects us to flush the same water down the toilet...

How is this allowed?

Mexico Will Save Our Goldfish

If water has limited oxygen in it, how are fish still alive in rivers, lakes, and oceans?

Checkmate atheists.

> be me, happily swimming around with extended family
> get caught in net, put into a plastic bag
> it's dark and I'm afraid.jpeg
> low oxygen alert.avi
> suddenly light
> yay
> get put into a small bowl
> I'm lonely now and it's dark
> low oxygen.mp3 again
> die
Retard you need to put oxygen back into the water after you fish has filtered it all out with their gills.

Get the big blue whole house filters, they are cheap and super awesome.

you should try socializing your water brah

the invisible hand aint gonna purify it

All you have to do is let the water sit uncovered for a day. Won't kill the fish after that. Chlorine doesn't take long to evaporate. Every night I boil a couple litres of water, fill a few glass pitchers, and once it cools down a little I put it in the fridge. I also add a little lemon juice or grated ginger to make sure nothing starts growing in it.

Goldfish can survive in stagnant water. They gulp air to breathe. It's the chlorine that kills them.

What part of "If the water isn't running" didn't you understand? If there's zero movement then the water isn't going to get aerated. That's why fish ponds have a fountain in the middle.

First that bowl is fucking small it's almost torture (Pet Stores doing this don't excuse you, they're faggots because job tells them to, you can choose), second there's no fucking filter and goldfish are one of the most messy fishesh you can get so it'll literally drown in it's own shit unless you do frequent water changes which are stressfull to the fish, and for last it's recommended to 'acclimatize fish' by slowly adding tank (cycled) water to it's cup in small amounts and after some time (like half an hour) putting it in tank.

The fish didn't die of tapwater, it died because you know shit about fish.

why.jpg do you.png retards write.avi like this.com?

If water needs to be running, how can fish live in natural lakes and ponds without a fountain?

King me, atheists!

>Yet the government expects us to drink the same water...
When the conspiracy theorists briefly took over our county board of commissioners, they stopped fluoride and started bromines instead.

Bromines will kill fish no matter how long you let the water sit. It's in the same halogen family as fluoride, but it has a much longer lasting effect.

We're much better off with fluoride and we have the teeth to prove it

>Human
>Automatically well read and knowledgeable of lower species

Nigga please. Read about how to fuck with fish before you go killing them off.
You don't know shit.

>They gulp air to breathe
They don't have a labyrinth organ, they're trying to take in the oxygen at the water's border.

Rivers + wind also moves water

It died because you don't know how to take care of it.

You have to acclimatize it to the water. Gold fish need a filter as they put off a fuck ton of ammonia. Unless you're willing to change over 50% of their water every day, you need a filter. Fish bowls are not really suitable for anything other than temporary homes and short-time displays. They grow to huge sizes and need huge tanks.

>Goldfish grow to fit their tank size

Wrong. Small tanks stunt their growth, true, but their internal organs will still grow and the fish will eventually die and/or be fucked up for the rest of its life.

Unless you want a huge aquarium in your home, they're really better for ponds.

>take interstate highway
>put child inside
>it dies

Yet the government expects us to drive the same roads...

How is this allowed?

There is chlorine in water, most people are 180 cm tall where a goldfish is a few cm tall. Our body is much stronger than a goldfish

>School teaches you not to do drugs
>Do drugs
>Life is suddenly better

It's like school just programs you to be a corporate slave. I'm just going to toss away everything that was ever taught to me and follow my own way, seems to be working much better.

What was the water temperature? The pH?

I'm lucky in that my well water is perfect. I still condition my water, but I could get away without it.

You are an absolute moron. Water has to sit for a few days at least before it is suitable for fish. The appropriate bacteria needs to grow in the water.

>take Sup Forums
>put normie inside
>it dies

Yet the government expects us to use the same mongolian basketweaving board...

How is this allowed?

Get outta here with your pseudo science bullshit.

Next you'll tell me that the Earth revolves around the sun.

>most people are 180 cm tall
y-yeah, we sure are t-tall

Americans are shorter ofc

This makes me feel bad for the fish I had that died because I didn't look after it properly.

>put fish in a soup
>it dies

yet the government expects us to eat the same soup?

/an/on here

Just bought a 60 gallon upright and plan to use it as a freshwater planted tank with some airstones.

It's common knowledge that after you fill the tank with tap water, you have to wait a week for the chlorine to diffuse. If you add some conditioner you could cut that time in half.

Chlorine is harmful to fish because it kills them when they BREATHE it, just as in humans. Needless to say, you shouldn't breathe tap water.

>gee I just can't think of any substantial physical differences between a human and a goldfish that might cause this
Leafs

Betta a best.
Goldfish a shit.

>fluoride is super dangerous we can't have it in our water
>here let's put this bromide in it instead
what the actual fuck does any of them actually know what they're doing that is the dumbest fucking thing I have ever heard

It's chlorine you faggot.

Would you rather have cholera or typhoid?

25 year drinking water plant operator here, the water is just fine, shut the fuck up and drink it.

This

Water needs to be oxygenated for them to breath, if the tank is small they will consume all the oxygen in the water too fast, so you need to change the water or add oxygenators/bubblers to keep it fresh.

Water temperature was to be maintained as well, can't be too hot or too cold.

They need proper nutrition and a varied diet in most cases, some times generic feed is enough though.

Most goldfish are fodder material, they're usually meant just to feed your larger carnivorous fish with, so they tend be low quality, sick, weak, or already partially starved. Unless you get a more exotic expensive guy.

Tank ecosystems are complex and taking them from one balance to a new balance can create a lot of shock, When they're already suffering from one of the above it's almost a guaranteed death sentence if you don't integrate them properly and slowly in the new ecosystem. Things like PH balance, and bacteria need to be accounted for.

I think mines sick or dying it just hangs out in the corner and doesn't really swim anywhere, been changing the water every couple days. I don't want him to die. Been using that Bettafix but it doesnt seem to be helping.

People aren't fish.

anime is so fucking stupid it hurts

Perhaps he's just bored, try rearanging plants or something, I bought mine a couple of shrimps and he's chasing them from time to time. Consider that in nature bettas usually occupy few gallons of territory but can change that territory at will, so try to fresh up your tank and try to identify physical symptoms, pouring medications for a fish that just 'don't move' is kinda overkill.

I'll try that

shrek was cool

OP probably never owned pet fish before.

Some fish can handle very low oxigen levels, such as the various gourami types and bettas too, since they can "breathe" air.

Regardless of species, you should always have plants and a water filter instead

>living on city water
not even once

a gold fish or any type of fish should never be kept in a bowl. a gold fish should be in an aquarium of atleast 20 gallons

Hi Alex.

all about that bubble stone. bubble, bubble, bubble. If you have a light, turn it off at night. our have some ledges they can hide under. they hate 24/7 light.

because they need more than a stupid bowl to live

Whelp you got your answer retard.

BUY:
a fuckin aquarium
a fuckin oxygenator
some plants if you're gay

You gonna man up and put your money where your mouth is or are gonna keep suffocating goldfish over and over again like a psychopath?

tfw your tap water* is better than bottled

*after being boiled in the kettle for tea or coffee maker

hard water>soft water

They wouldn't survive, but guess what? Plants and algae need CO2 and produce O2 as a waste product. The exact opposite of what fish do.

I have one of those globes with live shrimp and plants in them. Airtight and watertight seal, yet the shrimp and plants are still alive and healthy over a year later with only indirect sunlight as an input