Why did this movie win?

Why did this movie win?

Superior acting and story

Nobody saw it but they needed to give the darkies a pat on the head.

Because it's about a gay nigger thug ?
I mean most niggers are gay as fuck. The homosexuality rate in a black prison is astronomically high

Petty obvious, it hits the persecuted class lottery with black and gay combined. If it were a Mexican, Asian, anything other than a black dude it wouldn't have won.

Because it's good. And nobody likes fucking musicals even queers

Though a bit mediocre, it was leagues above its shit as fuck competition this year.

I mean, Sup Forums shit aside, at least it beat out La La Land which Gay Pride the musical 2017.

This. Hit all the right virtue points, pair it with passable production values, and you are basically guaranteed some level of success.

Black + Gay = automatic win

It was better than the rest.

The only movie that could've won that wasn't Moonlight was Manchester on the Sea and 90% of that movies greatness was Casey Affleck (for which he got an oscar)

>a movie about a literal niggerfaggot

Wouldn't there be fewer Mexican fags than black ones?

>I movie where two white stars fall in love and become successful, forcing them to break it off is gayer than a movie abkutb and literal homosexual

Makes me think

Good post. Moonlight reminds me of the character of Cinderella and if ever there were a more perfect woman it is her

It was a pretty shit movie but what did it have to do with homosexuality?

Hell or High Water was just as well made as Moonlight.

Too much oppression to ignore it.

this

Other than Jeff Bridges' funny jokes that movie made no lasting impression. Wew lad, bank robbing, so interesting, we've never had a movie abo...zzzzzzz

I never heard of this movie, or saw any trailers. Suddenly its winning awards and talked about all over.
The fuck is it?

It's about an inner city high school and a really shitty crackhead mom whom raised a timid man to grow into himself in both physical size and in the comfort of himself. To find a boy. This main character is tortured pretty much and you learn how he makes a life for himself

because its "progressive" pure and simple

>gay nigger

Is he dare I say it? /goodgoy/?

Gay Cowboys Eating Pudding.

No qaaludes this time

Because it's a great movie? I guarantee 90% of Sup Forums didn't watch it and never will because they're inhuman monsters warped by their isolation and right-wing propaganda.

It's kino.

Movie was aught but it's not a great movie by any standards.

It's literally brokeback mountain but instead of gay Cowboys in mountains you have gay niggers in ghettos.

Brokeback mountain is shit compared to this. It's main characters were gay first and it defined their lives.

Moonlight has interesting characters who happen to be gay.

Liberal white women have a massive wet-spot for sensitive black drug dealers who ruin womens lives

>OMG but it's so ROMANTIC
>Cuz like he's a drug dealer who destroys lives, but he's so EMOTIONAL and DEEP and so liek NOT PRIVLIGED
>Plus did u see him tell the black boy its ok to b gay
>Like can I even get any wetter? I doubt it.

This is some of the worst bait I have seen in my entire life.

It's not bait. Realize how indoctrinated you are with alt-right propaganda and take a step back. Even now, you're just posting with a hilarious Trump wall meme. Why do you default to that? Have you ever asked yourself that?

Moonlight is a great movie because it explores a side of poor black culture that's so rabidly repressed, gayness, with great acting. It's about one guy who's just trying to understand himself, and it's deeply human because of that. I'm sorry so many of you are unable to feel that level of empathy.

>Why did this movie win?

WE
>IZ
KANGZ

Gay muslims wogs

>gayness

the only true part of your post

>ghetto

It was barely ghetto at all. Not a single gun shot was heard all movie.

Hahahahahahaahahah
I did not realize it was about gay nigs, just thought it was about plain old nogs. feels good

>gayness as a pejorative

M8, tell me ur jokin

#OscarsTryingToRemainRelevant

it was bretty gud desu senpai. it's kinda the opposite of a typical Oscar film

what even is this movie about?

It was an okay movie. I would say solid 7/10. Very well shot and very well acted. But beyond the "black gay drug dealer" angle I didn't think it was particularly special.

La La Land was fun and original for this day and age. I think that should have won over the first two "frontrunners", but my favorite of the bunch was definitely Hell or High Water

"Moonlight: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack[46][47]
No. Title Artist Length
1. "Every Nigger is a Star"

>every nigger is a star
more like
>every nigger is a scar

NIGGER FAGGOT . . . that is why

La La Land was infinitely better, and it's loss highlights a basic misunderstanding of film within the Academy.

Moonlight was story-driven. It was well acted, but at its core it was a story that could have been expressed in any other medium.

La La Land was film firing on all cylinders, the use of colours and dynamic cinematography through Los Angeles was perfectly attuned to the music and editing. Furthermore it was a great story, two people enchanted with the glamour of success, even at the cost of their own happiness.

Moonlight was a nod to politics of our times, La La Land was a film for all time.

i have no idea i havent seen it and i have no plans too.

Because Affirmative Action

>gay
>black
Pick 2 and win

>Why did this movie win?

>black culture

Lel, american diaspora actually believe this is a thing.

this, it was a good watch though for a night

I'm kind of surprised hacksaw didn't win

I HATED when Moonlight won but actually it was pretty good when I watched it

>this won
>Gayniggers from outer space got nothing
Fuck hollywood

>I'm kind of surprised hacksaw didn't win

I don't know why you were suprised given that the only less oscar-like movie on the list of nominees was hidden niggers and that had the diversity factor going for it.

>Gay Pride the musical 2017.
If that were the case, it would have won picture of the year easily, in which it wasn't only "diverse," and "progressive," but sucking Hollywood's dick.

>Coz has niggas.
>Niggas are trendy now.
>Talking like a nigga is cool
>Acting like a nigga is acceptable.

>Gay Pride the musical 2017.

i spot redundancy here

Because it's 2016+1

I hate niggers but the film was good. It deserved the award.

That said, the Academy are a Jew/Nigger organization so being butt hurt about it makes no sense even if it was a pandering award.

Gay Niggers in poverty fulfills the 3 major fetishes that critics have, then there's the whole boyhood/mr nobody thing where you get multiple actors to play one character at different points in time which is popular right now.

It's basically a film that was engineered from the ground up to get an Oscar, back in the day we'd call that kind of shit Oscar bait and we'd shame it accordingly but in this day and age gay niggers in poverty was guaranteed a win because shame is evil when it's not directed at straight white men.

C'mon, OP, you know how winning an election works, right? C'mon, OP. C'mon. It's okay. C'mon, OP.

true

gaynigger

NIGGER + FAGGOT= WIN

yet somehow this "great movie" only grossed
$25,636,611 however Lala land grossed $146,227,624 domestically and $397,293,556 globally. Clearly one is more popular, but then you have to take into account the left wing shills in Hollywood and then you things start to make sense. One is about happy straight white people and the other is about the "struggles" of gay black people. Which panders more to the left's agenda, well i think that's obvious judging who won the award.

Its a great film

I agree :^)