Debt ceiling

Lol @ you dumb niggers arguing about what's going to happen on the 15th. It isn't a meme. Shit is going to hit the fan.

>I think what people are missing is this date, March 15th 2017. That's the day that this debt ceiling holiday that Obama and Boehner put together right before the last election in October of 2015. That holiday expires. The debt ceiling will freeze at $20 trillion. It will then be law. It will be a hard stop. The treasury will have roughly $200 billion in cash.

We fucked, mang

zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-26/stockman-after-march-15-everything-will-grind-halt

They'll extend the ceiling like they always do.

This, they'll extend the ceiling another trillion or two and kick the can a few more years down the road, I stead of actually doing something g about our crippling debt.

Get ready for the Fed to simultaneously jack up interest rates

>inb4 "THIS IS ALL TGRUMPFFF'S FAULT"

And risk another credit downgrade? Trump's a wildcard. You never know.

If the Globalists have any way to control/influence this they will!

>Trump is a Russian plant to destabilize the Dollar.

This post reeks of truth

>he thinks they're not going to kick the can down the road again

They're going to kick the can as long as they can kick the can.

>crippling debt
Theoretically, what would happen if we just never paid it?

At some point (((they))) will lower our nation's credit worthiness score because we obviously have no interest in repaying our debt. Investors freak out and the stock market crashes again. Businesses close, people lose their savings, both consumer and corporate confidence in the petrodollar is lowered. Gold and silver go up in value again so certain (((entities))) can profit.

let it hit the ceiling and then keep it there, no more spending its fucking ridiculous, gov is spoiled house wife and its time to take away the credit cards

This is more fearmongering bullshit.

"FBIAnon" had said that we should stay off Sup Forums from 03/15, to sometime in April when something changes. Who knows if that was a LARPer or just a shill trying to get us to leave this forum.

Either way, this article about a debt ceiling (which won't have any effect anyway) has nothing to do with a Sup Forums happening that requires us to stay off.

I'm skeptical after that whole muh shemitah thing before, but now that Obama's out and Trump is in I wonder if they might actually do it, or at least try

>HE CRASHED THE ECONOMY BECAUSE HE IS LE STUPID FAILED BUSINESSMAN!
>WORST. PRESIDENT. EVER.
>IT'S TIME FOR REALISTIC SOLUTIONS LIKE FREE SHIT AND $30/HOUR MINIMUM WAGE.
>WHO PAYS? WHITE MEN, DUH. THEY'RE THE ONES WHO GOT US INTO THIS SHIT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who would gladly watch the economy tank if it meant they could spam more Drumpf memes, but I'm still leaning towards another non-happening for now

Yessss.... A massive financial collapse is not worthy of discussion fellow Sup Forumsack...... Is it not obvious to all of us that there is nothing at all to worry about? Exxxxcellent.... It's good to know a consensus has been established......

KEK

how does this relate on coming to Sup Forums

There is literally nothing wrong with defaulting. Sucks if you work for the government or on welfare and have no real skills, though!

Satan, did you not read what I said?
I was merely saying that this 03/15 bullshit about getting off Sup Forums in fear of danger would have nothing to do with a financial crisis. There would be absolutely every reason to be here and talking about it if on 03/15 some financial shit happens, not "afraid to log on" nigger

A massive collapse needs to happen before this country could ever hope of recovering. That debt will never ever be paid.

see At some point, people will start realizing that the American government is not going to be able to pay back their debts, and governments and international banks and (((families))) will stop wanting to lend to the U.S. If the government isn't able to continue borrowing, they won't be able to pay LaQuanda and Darrell's EBT cards, which means massive dindu chimpouts, public officials not getting paid, private businesses with government contracts aren't getting paid, etc. Etc. You'd best have food and water stocked up, guns, bullets, medicine, fuel, and a generator, because dollars will quickly become worthless. It's also worth having some gold and silver to trade at some point.

I doubt that the 15th will be the day that SHTF, but mark my words- it's coming.

nothing will happen
I still remember the threads in 2011 before they raised it. this was definitely gonna be the big one - the real happening! then nothing happened. then nothing happened again in 2013, but that didn't stop everyone from frothing at the mouth as if the world was gonna end.

this time is no different.

(checkd)
Hmmm... good point faggot. Wonder what it could be? Maybe unintended consequences from said financial collapse?

>You'd best have food and water stocked up, guns, bullets, medicine, fuel, and a generator, because dollars will quickly become worthless

If you don't have these things you're a fucking idiot. Again, if you have all of these things and a recession proof skill like the ability to fix vehicles, draw schematics, or the ability to plumb a home you will be fine. No shit, it's going to be temporary hard times, especially if you're an unprepared mong that lives off of the tax payer. The collapse NEEDS to happen if our country ever wants to recover.

> and governments and international banks and (((families))) will stop wanting to lend to the U.S

This is a GOOD thing. The government should not be relying on private entities to lend them money. Return the ability to create currency to the government.