Tfw we're slowly sinking into living in the world presented to us in Deus Ex

>Tfw we're slowly sinking into living in the world presented to us in Deus Ex.
>Tfw 1984 is just the beginning.

This shit feels so unreal. I remember playing this game as a kid and thinking such things could never happen (less so with 1984 because I read the novel at the age of 13 and I was already aware of all the shady shit that was unraveling), now here we are.. Surveillance all over the place, little to no privacy, a handful of multinationals control the info you receive thus not everything is 100% factual, intelligence agencies having more power than the government they serve, etc, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jxWlJ_muK0I
youtu.be/uZtea9XsPt4
foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/17/europes-free-speech-apocalypse-is-already-here-france-germany-spain/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

And the only way the games dealt with it was having a mary sue saving the world? Unlikely to happen...

watcha gon do bout it faggot

ICARUS

What can I do besides watching the world burn, user?

youtu.be/jxWlJ_muK0I

Every day that passes we get closer and closer to a cyberpunk dystopian future.

Superhuman augmentations are already in the works, and JC was essentially a hitman. Yes, you can save the world by assassinating the necessary tyrants.

Vote for Rand Paul in the primaries

Wow, Deus Ex was eerily accurate with so many things. It even predicted the twin towers being destroyed.

>Implying they'll let him win.
>Implying even if he does win that he won't be treated like Trump by the Deep State.

Deux Ex/ MGS.

And we were destined to tear it down.

The chances of all those things happening in our world is slime to none. Those at the top have resources to disappear completely, probably have a bunker in each country ready.

deus EX is the biggest redpill . that s why they made a shitty sequel , to cover up the first one

The point is is that we need somebody willing to tear down the IRS, Welfare State, and start siezing assets from crows like Soros. Trump doesn't seem willing to do that. If he put out an order to fuck up the IRS's shit, he'd be the most popular president in history.

A rat's brain connected to a computer was programmed to mentally fly an F-22 simulator.

Yes cybernetics will happen, and nanorobotics will allow things like reactive armor vests and skin weaves

Yeah for about five minutes until his car mysteriously loses control and plunges off a cliff. Mysteriously.

The idea of a hobo with a degree in genetic engineering or computer science seemed ludicrous at the time
now I just nod my head sadly

They definitely found the redpilled guy and removed him from the team, that's for sure.

Same thing happened after MGS2 and 3. The main writer got the axe.

At least I can hope to have the illusion of freedom rather than outright authoritarianism

>tfw according to the one guy in Hong Kong with an Aussie accent the Chinks will be the last free nation left.

>tfw the game is predicting a future civil war in Australia

>yfw everyone on Sup Forums is just a rat wired for shitposting
Suddenly shareblue makes sense.

voice acting aside, this is probably the greatest game of all time
youtu.be/uZtea9XsPt4

You can suck the cum out of my dick. Like a good little normiebiatch

I am like 50% sure in the next 30 years we will get a super intelligent malevolent AI that destroys/enslaves humanity a la The Patriots / AM / SHODAN etc etc

No, rat brains are more intelligent than shariablue members

Dare to dream eh?

Then we'd better make sure there's a milquetoast dork like JC that's willing to merge with it and teach it morality

Stop, I can only get so erect

You can fight the feds, just look at McVeigh :^)

Dude Invisible War was totally redpilled. It genuinely stated that sometimes the best way to solve global problems was to kill the bad guy

Alex Denton was the Anti-Trudeau

The same person wrote all the MGS games, Hideo Kojima. It's just that he can't always go full kojima.

You were saying?

I said this in another thread, but Tracer Tong was RIGHT

The safest government only exists on a scale that the average citizen can understand. Once the government broadens its scope to nations and the entire world, misinformation will control us. Too bad blowing up the global communication system in the real world won't do shit like it does in Deus Ex because it can always be rebuilt.

Kojima didn't write MGS2 it was another dude. I don't remember his name. He quit afterwards. Probably because he saw the retarded direction MGS3 was going.

GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS
U
N
S

O
F

T
H
E

P
A
T
R
I
O
T
S

It's worse than that. We're slowly devolving into the world of Deus Ex: Invisible War. It's a bad Deus Ex game, but its story is red-pilled as fuck.

> he saw the retarded direction MGS3 was going
> wrote MGS2

>1984 is just the beginning

Nope, we're currently living out MGS: Sons of Liberty, THEN 1984 follows.

Which is why Helios is the best choice. He brings all humans up to the absolute peak. Peak intelligence, peak physical fitness, peak courage and curiosity. Everyone in Helios' world CAN understand global politics.

But where's our all-knowing AI?

>The chances of all those things happening in our world is slime to none

have you forgotten which timeline you're in?

MGS was basically my childhood

It's not 2067 yet

Yeah, we just lose our individuality and privacy and humanity in the process. Totes a great future.

None of the endings of Invisible War are positive.

This is something that I often reflect on, so I'll ask how the rest of Sup Forums. Are we living in a dystopian world? If your answer is no, do you think we're close to such a world?

This! I love IW. Especially the ambience of upper Seattle. The two new ones are good too.

Yeah and there is no centralized place where you can go and just blow up the internet.

It's like a spiderweb. If you blow a hole in it you can still get around.

foreignpolicy.com/2016/03/17/europes-free-speech-apocalypse-is-already-here-france-germany-spain/

You tell me

You know McVeigh was a hero hmmmm.....

We are close. So damn close I can smell it. 20 years MAX and our childhoods will seem like an entirely different world.

Oh, the gameplay was bad, mainly because the original xbox was too shitty to run the original DX. 'Upper Seattle' was the size of a 4 bedroom house, and the statue of liberty had to be divided up into 4 parts from the first game

Fucking kek

Holy shit hahahaha

I don't see any difference between Globalism and Huxley's Brave New World.

I hope we get the Tracer Tong ending.

Used quotation marks! "Edgy"

>angry that the govt burned women and children to death to serve a bullshit weapons warrant

gets the old noggin joggin

...Are you unable to address the statements I made? DXIW was a lousy game because game consoles hold technology back.

The writing had Warren Spector's brilliance, but it was stapled to the side of console cancer.

Say that shit to my face, Canacuck, and see what happens.

Well, we only lack cyborgs. /x/ probably would also say we have aliens and hybrids all around so we're set there, same with hidden AI.

I never asked for this.

Haha. I never said the game was perfect. I just like the settings. Archology and Antarctica were fun too.

I hope it's not SHODAN. That'd suck bigly with all her mutant experiment shenanigans.