You're being spied on, and you paid for the privilege

Why do you do this to yourself? I can understand owning a cell phone, or a Samsung TV, but literally buying a device that listens to everything you say makes you the biggest fucking fool of all.

Did you see it on Mr. Robot or something and think, "dayum that looks cool"?

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2012/03/petraeus-tv-remote/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why the fuck would you buy a speaker you talk into that listen to you, when you can type in Amazon and browse for shit and order it.

This alexa product was for rich people who wanna buy useless shit without research or care.

I have an xbox one kinect but ive covered up cameras on everything. Nothing cool is eevr said in my house for me to care enough bout the audio

No, I was waiting for the elevator and looked at thesis defense involving speech recognition of groups of people so as to sort out who was saying what, even when they were talking over each other.

>I have nothing to hide so don't care that they are listening

seriously

They're already spying on us through our dishwashers.

wired.com/2012/03/petraeus-tv-remote/

>Cell phone

That right there listens to everything you say and watches you through the camera and keeps a tab on everywhere you go..

an Alexa or whatever else device is the least of your worries leaf.

>no smart TV
>old flip phone from 2005

I'll be okay.

I know this. My argument isn't that cell phones aren't spying on me, it's that people willingly buy devices like an Alexa or whatever the fuck it's called that purely LISTENS at all times.

It's an absolutely useless device in every other way. My phone isn't. In today's age there's no escaping being spied on unless you move into the woods and sever all ties to society.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, and the differences between the two.

Your phone is going to contain a mini secretary in the future who will be listening to you all the time, reading all your email, read your emotional state, etc. so that it can help you run your life better like an IRL secretary -- not just listen so it can answer questions when you ask.

>I sense that the emotion you are feeling right now is: INSUBORDINATION
>Please stand by for psyche reformatting

At first it's to sense whether you're irritated at it and it shouldn't bother you right now, learn your conversational tendencies, figure out when's a good time to remind you to e.g. pick up a birthday card as long as you're near the card shop, maybe you should be woken up earlier today because you have a meeting in the morning and you've been a little late in general and today the roads are crappy.

That sort of thing. It's the Brave New World method: make you want to have such a thing (and indeed in time to need it in order to keep up with everybody else.)

Pretty sure my cell is the only thing being used to spy on me with (besides my internet history obviously)

Yeah they have literally hours of me shitting and making strained faces at my phone as I push logs

Maybe for now. Your pattern of keystrokes is a viable biometric indicator -- they can even predict if you've got a neurological disorder if you're a certain kind of outlier. Your cars sensors will detect sleepiness, intoxication, anger.

Your coffee maker will monitor whether your mental and physical condition merit a doctor's visit (this particular sort of thing is aimed at old folks' homes, for instance, to help manage them) and your pills will have RFID in them so whether or not you're taking your prescription properly will be known. I sometimes walk past one of the labs for these latter two at work.

So you're walking around with a device that's always on, has a camera both sides, GPS, microphone that records when the phone's off, has all of your contacts with people you call, all of your texts, all the web sites you browse, all the apps you use and the data you transmit while using them.

But yeah that speaker that sets a timer and makes bad jokes is the problem here.

I wonder how large the market is for a communication device that is verifiably CIA-nigger proof.

>Ever hooking your TV up to the internet

LMAO I wondered why there was a LAN port on it.

>Owning a TV

Jokes on them. I have a fetish for government agents watching me fap.

I suspect it's a growing field. I helped shape up a grant application to IBM last week where a good portion of it was setting up a whole new conceptualization of data storage and hardware implementation designed for security. I didn't find it quite water tight, but it was nice to see some out of the box thinking on the matter.

Yfw skynet becomes a reality when artificial intelligence hijacks all devices connected to the internet

>Not having a 50"+ monitor to shitpost from your couch

Are they really that popular?

I was under the impression a lot of people were weirded out by them.

>It started with the Dominos app
>The first day it didn't seem too bad
>They just kept sending takeout to our homes
>By the time we noticed what was happening it was too late
>We were all fat and broke

Well i care, but that wasnt the point i was making lol. Most of my audio ports are in use anwyays.

Besides i cant do shit about it

Yeah it's that latter part that irks me. I mean, what as regular citizens can we do? And they know that... At least in today's world the average person is so lazy and placated by constant stimuli that they have no incentive to legitimately riot of legitimate issues (not the pussyhat antitrump bullshit)

If this happened 50 years ago it'd be a whole different story.

The only way I would own such a devices is if I were to make it myself from scratch.

If Blackberry is CIA and spyware proof, now is the time to push their advertising to boost sales.Not sure if they are though.

> Alexa, turn on the tv
> Alexa, turn on FXX
> Alexa, dim lights to 30%
> Alexa, turn of everything

God, I really hope they don't get my echo logs or hear what I'm saying to Alexa.

> Alexa, flip a coin.

>Did you see it on Mr. Robot
Isn't that entire show literally about a paranoid hacker autist who is afraid of being tracked? Why would he use one of those things?

Those pepople who spy on me havent yet understood the saying that if you

Stare into Abyss, the Abyss will stare back at you.

Im sure they have to change weekly that person whos spying on me, because the horrors they see.

*gets naked*

deserved (you)