Is The Man in the High Castle blackpilled?

I know the TV show gets props around here, but what about the book itself?
>inb4 ask /lit/
Specifically looking for the Sup Forums opinion, thx

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That was a Phillip K. Dick book? I gotta read that shit

Hasn't the author himself said it was shit, something he wrote for drug money?

I don't think if the show gets props here, it is a very bluepilled show.

Read book, is pretty good. Focuses more on Japanese controlled puppets than German occupied land.

I'm just finishing it. Haven't seen past the first episode because I don't want to spoil it. Fucking amazing book.

Phillip K. Benis

the fuck are you talking about? This show has gotten a bunch of posts here about people who loved it.
As far as the book, I enjoyed it, but it's a little odd as are all of his books. Explores interesting concepts though, it's worth a read.

If you got a sauce for that claim id love to see it. He was a massive drug user. Albeit a scanner darkly was probably my favorite one.

I read the entire book. It sucked. I literally threw it across the room it sucked that bad. Nothing terribly interesting about it.

In a way, yes, it portrayed the Nazis and Japanese as human, unlike what many shows and movies have done in the past. It also showed the benefits of them being there while also simultaneously showing the downsides. Driving home the idea that there is no perfect system. In all I'd say it's one of the best television shows I've watched in a while.

Anything about hurr durr muh 6 million

What else is good by PKD? Might as well ask since this is here. Read androids it was pretty good

Well in the novel the Nazis kinda doubled down and destroyed all the indigenous Africans.

youtube.com/watch?v=jXeVgEs4sOo

A scanner darkly

Do androids dream of electric sheep

VALIS trilogy

It's literally about different timelines and parallel universes converging on each other. How is that not relevant with what's happening with Trump.

Don't listen to this guy the book is awesome and it makes you feel like you are in fact reading something written by someone from another timeline.

'Ubik' is top Dick.

Thanks for the feedback, lads.
Gonna give it a read.

Shit, sorry you said androids already. His short stories are good too, I really liked total recall and minority report.

Ubik is next on my list. Cheers bro

I honestly just thought it was kinda shit. The aesthetics were nice and all, as were the occasional references. And I liked how Hitler was the key to preserve peace.

But the whole plot about these films is just utterly retarded. Yeah. Other possible outcomes to the war are imaginable. You dont need a fucking film to conceive of this. God what a stupid premise.

VALIS may be one of the best books I've ever read

Flow My Tears, The Policeman Said is his god tier work

Heaps. In the 1st or second episode there is a bit where ash rains down and a cop tells one of the main characters that its from all the "semites" and disabled and such.

But the persecution is more focused on muh poor nigs and poor disabled people than it is on gassing Jews.

Same. Its kinda autobiographical too. He experienced an exegesis himself in the years before he died. Literally the pink light beaming shit into his brain.

It is so bluepilled it has unintentional red pills.

>The entire Resistance are a bunch of whiny assholes
>The only character that can be depended on is Obergruppenfuhrer Smith, the classically handsome psychopath who is committed absolutely to the Nazi cause.
Yep, sounds plenty bluepilled to me user

I read the book, I liked it. Solid read. Tagomi is a good character

haven't seen the show, but ik the book is far different from the show. No 'resistance' in the show

Did Kek just confirm Berenstain

The guy who spends the second season in hippy california being bitched at by his son? Nah. Lame faggot.

The irredentist Kempetai inspector was a way better character. At least he had balls.

that's a good one, also Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch is really freaking whacked out but also good. man in the high castle is a big guy, for me

one kind of stupid thing about the book is the obsession with the Yijing (I King, Book of Changes) and how it's used as an oracle by the Japanese and subjects of the Japanese American empire.

I'm not an sf guy, but Man in HT won a Hugo, biggest award in sci fi, for whatever that's worth. Like winning an Oscar I guess (the best films don't always win, but sometimes they do).

The "resistance" in the book was the Abwehr guy with multiple identities. Or that's how I took it anyway. Still not as bitchy as the the 1st ep of the show, which is all I've seen.

I have all of the novels collected in 3 volumes, working my way through. Honestly PKD is probably my all time favorite fiction writer.

I literally put afterwards "I haven't seen the show"
so no, that's not who I'm talking about

there's three?
as in books after the man in the high castle?

>DUDE LSD LMAO
>MUH I CHING
>MUH SCHIZOID

PKD was a weirdo, but he wrote some great shit.

He wrote it high the whole time, according to Joe Haldeman.

to bad your didn't just suck your dad

Clans of the Alphane Moon, about an Asylum Colony that is run by the inmates.

It's like Starship Troopers. The show is obviously intended to be anti-Nazi, but what you actually end up seeing is clean streets, public order and technological advancement. Sure, there are some social problems, but what society doesn't?

All the novels that Dick wrote. They aren't sequels by any means but they certainly carry similar themes of precognition, linked conciousness, and theological thought processes. Along with paranoia, mental illness and depression.

He reportedly only took one acid trip. He primarily abused amphetamines.

oh I see

The man in high castle would not have happened. If you read up about Germany's nuclear program it was cancelled and pushed far behind, since America stole some of their scientists. Even if Germany would have pushed Russia, eventually Germany would be just like Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Book was okay. Writing style was kind of lazy. Watched first season of the show and it moves incredibly slowly. The actors are all average, no amazing performances, better than westworld though (besides Hopkins, the only above mediocre actor on the entire show). Show is more or less bluepilled, pushing story that even though the nazis are inventive and built amazing things diversity is better.

Me too, I have the damn book sitting right beside my mousepad. (Multiple novels in one book)