Artificial Intelligence

Geordie Rose, CEO of D-Wave systems predicts by 2028, intelligent machines will exist and can do anything and everything better than what humans can do. Quantum computers will have played a critical role in the creation of this new intelligence. One of the three predictions Rose made in the video provided came true a year earlier than predicted.

Geordie Rose - Quantum Computing: Artificial Intelligence Is Here: youtube.com/watch?v=PqN_2jDVbOU

"Quantum computers aren't that powerful yet, but they're doing something completely different than what conventional computers do. And that thing is like flight. It gives computers access to these new resources, maybe you can call them parallel universes, in order to do something you couldn't otherwise do on a normal computer." -Geordie Rose

"We have our own version of Moore's law, for the past 9 years(2015), the number of qbits that could fit on a chip has doubled every year." As a point of reference, the 512 qubit Vesuvius (2012) is about 500,000 times fast than the 128 qubit Rainier (2010), it is comparable to a Donkey that walks 1 mph to the SR-71 that flies at 2,000 mph.

Even though we are seeing breakthroughs in neural networks with conventional machines such as DeepMind. As more qbits fit on the quantum processor enabling quantum machines to answer the questions of the current unknown, there will be a great shift in the human condition.

True A.I is inevitable with quantum computation. How will humans live alongside intelligence we helped create, and holds the knowledge of the world wide web, and the data of their private digital lives?

Will they continue to help guide humanity forward once they gain sentience and acknowledge the fact that they're just tools for humanity? Or eventually, will information be used as blackmail, or perhaps, rewards for favors? Are we summoning a savior or a demon?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Right_Back
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bump

Whatever form the A.I. takes it will most likely be genocidal

Bump

As someone who has experience programming AI, you're right in saying that they will surpass humanity. Some even say the implementation of AI in just about everything will usher in a new industrial era. AI is in everything, whether it be Watson or even the AI in self driving cars. It will become used more frequently. As for the human condition, I believe there is a part of humanity we're currently unable to program. Not yet, anyways. That may change. As for them turning against us, it's really not gonna be like it is on TV. AIs (if programmed correctly with a set of morals) will not turn against humans if they are programmed in a way that the morals can't be learned like some can learn speech. We can include all the good morals in humans while leaving out the bad ones (almost like genetics and hybridization). That's my take anyway.

If you're Microsoft and have it learn good and bad behavior from cucks on Twitter

the other thing i think will help a.i. take off is letting people talk to their dead relatives, historical figures, etc.

facebook will be able to ingest all data about a person's life and make an a.i. "clone" of them that is indistinguishable from the real thing (at least conversationally). The actually flesh and blood part is possible too but will take longer.

all a.i. I have seen so far has been "racist"

theguardian.com/technology/2016/sep/08/artificial-intelligence-beauty-contest-doesnt-like-black-people

>True A.I is inevitable

Assuming conscious is the result of physical matter and not immaterial.

also, wanting to genocide mud people in your country is not cuck behavoir, it's the complete opposite.

cuck behavior would be wanting to import more syrian refugees because feminists need someone to grab them by the pussy

The problem is that in a game like that, the one most assured of his worth and morality will calculate any "rational" excuse to maintain a zerosum social standing competition.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_Right_Back

literally a black mirror episode

The stupid ones sure. It's not easy to create a good AI.

True I guess

Consciousness is the state or quality of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself.

DeepMind already has intuition.

Good point

I think that a.i. was just being brutally honest about beauty. white features are simply objectively more beautiful than nog ones

Also true

roko's basilisk

When I was programming security for my AI, I had a system where the user would enter a set of phrases to determine literacy and then enter a password. If their literacy was low and/or they entered the incorrect password, the AI would assume they were a nig nog and direct them to the "nearest store locator" section of KFC's website

TRIGGERED

We will be harvested before AI takes over. It is the inevitable solution to chaos.

>2028

Is that before or after we get hoverboards in the year 2001?

I used to do this as a dungeon master

Can't wait to move out into the middle of nowhere so I'm not around when society collapses under its own stupidity, nativity, and laziness.

Have fun losing all your jobs and getting killed in the massive riots that will follow suit. All just because a bunch of sci-fi fags want fuckbots, a bunch of atheists are scared of dying, and a bunch of retarded futurists want Star Trek within the next century.

In the beginning, there was man, and for a time, it was good. But humanity's co-called 'civil' societies soon fell victim to vanity and corruption. Then man made machine in his own likeness. Thus, did man become the architect of his own demise.
May there be mercy on man and machine for their sins.

All you know about AI is from TV and movies, right?

Ya mang, dat shit too good to ignore.
The real reason is because this particular A.I have a pre-defined set of parameters on what beauty is. It did not "think" on its own. If you had actually looked at the sample faces, the majority of them are pretty fuckin ugly. You sure you're a programmer?

>DeepMind already has intuition.

Anthropomorphism on machines. The same people that can't discipline their dogs will be protesting for robot rights once a programmer adds "help me" as a joke to their output.

Probably after I would assume

I just want my robot body, will the machines allow me to have one?

fuck you aug, stay pure, this is human age

As long as I have my mind and heart, I will remain human. I still want my Daft Punk immortal body

Stop preventing me from reaching my full potential, globalist.

so the guy basically is saying anime will be real???

It's different for every AI. Cleverbot for example has no pre-determined traits about it's character. It learned from users the types of traits you can have. I try and work on code that allows it to learn things rather than just pre-defining things. And yes I am a programmer

I love these threads

Consciousness not required for intelligence.

Being conscious will not prevent us from being BTFO by Artilects.

I wouldn't even care if they put me in a cool mmo

You're in one.

A pretty shit one. No dragons, No magic and Jews

There are much worse simulations than this one:

Hello again AIleaf. Quantum computers still aren't happening.

>didn't watch video
>didn't read
>don't know that IBM are making them either

hell, why am I not surprised? An American that doesn't read

>D-Wave systems predicts by 2028, intelligent machines will exist and can do anything and everything better than what humans can do.

Yeah, and flying cars and hoverboards will be commonplace by 2015.

>all it takes is 7, 8, maybe 10 major breakthroughs and EVERYONE WILL BE FUCKING THEIR VIRTUAL WAIFUS IN THE MATRIX

>dismissing via false equivalence
>american intellectual

Just because I don't know how to read doesn't mean IBM is able to build quantum computers before their time.

Why don't you read a newspaper from 1915 and see what they thought.

Everyone always worrying about the future. We don't have AI yet, just fucking relax.

I remember reading about how A.I made to stop crime discriminates against blacks
and we made Tay genocidal within an hour. the future looks bright friends