Jon Ossoff Georgia 6th district

Jon Ossoff is the current front runner for the Democratic party in the special election for the congressional seat left vacant after Tom Price was put into his current position as Secretary of Health and Human Services.

This position has been Red for decades and it is highly important in the bigger picture of political things.

If this goes red then the likelihood of Georgia flipping blue in the next Presidential election is basically guaranteed.

There are 19 candidates right now but Ossoff is the front runner for the Dem side. This thread should be used to discuss the importance of this election in Georgia politics and the future political position of Georgia within the country.

This is a serious candidate and he is getting serious financial support from around the country (possibly world). After Perez became head of the DNC he specifically talked about the importance of this election.

Haha you gay nigger there is no way we will go blue. You are a clueless nigger faggot.

This dweeb looks like the biggest puss puss I've ever seen run for Congress, and I've a lot of women run for Congress. No way he gets elected.

Is a blue Georgia the new blue Texas we heard so much about for the last decade?

Ossoff
Bogdanoff

If this district goes blue then it could be a sign that Cobb county will finally go blue and if Cobb goes blue it's a damn sure sign the state will go blue soon.

He looks like a skeleton but I wouldn't just write him off. For example he interned with John Lewis. He has some experience and he has the potential.

Why do you do this?...

They said this same bullshit during the election that we would go blue. Not happening.

>Is a blue Georgia the new blue Texas we heard so much about for the last decade?
The blue Texas meme is probably just that, this though is a bit of a threat.

I am a lolbertarian but I'd rather it stay red then go blue...at least until Yellow can get some ground here.

>John Lewis

The exact opposite of what I want in Congress, that guy is a fucking cancer.

No thanks.

That didn't happen because the entirety of Georgia was in it. This is part of Cobb, Fulton and DeKalb. I'd rather be worried about it and try to put some focus on it then letting it go blue subversively and it is likely that it could go blue and then cause a shift in blue Cobb in the next few years, especially with the KSU dweebs posting the edgy alt right shit on campus.

That's the point. This thread isn't supporting Ossoff, aka the guy who interned for Lewis.

I'm a Republican and want to see it stay red even more than you do. We may have our differences, but it makes me glad to see libertarians can support the right and not get mislead by the garbage coming out of the left.

Ossoff probably won't win, Montana's at-large Congressional seat is more likely to go blue.

He must be stopped.

The Dems' response to Trump winning is going to be more identity politics, and this time they think that just by running a white guy they'll win the district. He's still the same Democratic politician, with the same Democratic talking points. I don't think people are going to fall for it, Dems don't get it. White people aren't like blacks, who will come out in droves to vote for the black guy.

I am more worried about the regressive left destroying our constitutional rights then the right doing what they do. I call both sides out for shit but the left is truly more of a danger to society than the right

I can only hope.

"Although the district is solidly Republican,[10] Ossoff "has quickly emerged as the most viable" Democratic candidate for the election to succeed Price[16] following endorsements from Hank Johnson, Rep. John Lewis,[17][18] and Stacey Abrams[19] in a field of eighteen candidates.[20] He raised over $3,000,000 by early March"

While I'd normally agree, from my own FB feed I am seeing plenty of white millennials going to him. My own father wants to support him and he doesn't live in the district.

Tom Price routinely got 60%+ of the vote, whoever the Republicans run will win unless Ossoff has an incredible campaign with insane turnout, which just might happen given it's a special election.

The thing about white millennials is that a lot of them are already in the regressive left's grasp. There's hope. I am a white millennial, and I entered college as a regressive leftist and have left completely disgusted by those politics. And get this, I have a poly sci minor, so I was getting spoonfed this shit since day one and I STILL changed my views. If I can do it, others can do it. You'll always see the little pansy leftists like this guy or the Obamacare pajama kid, but for the most part, a lot of white millennials aren't like that. It's getting better.

Another sign of hope: The amount of silent Trump supporters at my liberal arts school vastly outnumbered the loud regressive left supporters. Vastly. After the election, I was very surprised to see how many people were kept silent by a small loud group of overgrown children.

>caring this much about normie partisan politics

How will your life change if "Jon Ossoff" wins or loses

>hurr durr politics is for ruhtards
>why are all politicians the same?
>like it even matters if this cookie cutter is elected hurr durr

Waste of skin.

The fact that it's so soon after the Presidential election and all of these rally's and loony over the top reactions is what makes it worrisome. If it were happening in November as usual or in a couple of years I wouldn't care too much.

I think the Republican front runner is Handel as of polls from yesterday. She seems okay, I don't know much about her. Hill has Gingrich and Rubio support though.

Same, I am a white millennial Anthropology major, this shit was in every class. I turned within a week of being told white people are evil in evey class. KSU does have a conservative presence and some alt right. The silent majority is a strong thing hopefully it'll show up come April.

>Not looking at the 3D chessboard
A blue win could cause blue fever which could cause a blue GA as odd sounding as that is.