Gamedev virtue signalling

anyone else fucking sick of this bullshit? also Marc Laidlaw literally created his twitter account to shitpost libtard propaganda during the election season, which really bums me out.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8KWCZlj3dPo
youtube.com/watch?v=CcGPTeUQkgM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

just fucking kill me already

this man has 124k followers and is hailed as the savior of indie games or some shit. saw him in person once and everyone worshipped him like he was a god.

why aren't there any based "alt-right" gamedevs?

Seeing this shit drives me crazy every time. These people feel the need to insert their propaganda into EVERYTHING, because its the only way they can influence people. Even the most hardcore right wing Sup Forums user wouldn't pull that shit. Sometimes a video game is just a video game. Don't tell me that fucking Rocket League is part of a political movement

fuck this guy
he and his company have made literally no good games so who gives a shit

At least actual good games with good dev teams like Rocket League are immune to that kind of faggotry.
RL even has a dedicated subreddit and reddit shit in the game itself but you can still enjoy the game because everyone is too busy having fun to be libtards.

Take a shit game (or even a good game with a terrible dev) and put too many redditards in it and it instantly succumbs to pandering garbage and dies within 2 years with a community that hates itself.

Rami is running this #ResistJam thing and it's making all my libfag gamedev friends get all excited about releasing more propagandistic garbage on itch.io. this is from the twitter account for the jam, how is this not literally brainwashing by gamifying protesting for the incredibly naive and autistic I mean holy fucking shit

they're faggots and gamer gate was about the fact that they hold the keys to exposure meaning they can suppress games from devs that hold other political views / they assume do

btw enjoy this free game
www.stickmanstruggle.com
youtu.be/8KWCZlj3dPo

I must go now. My planet needs me

>DUDE WEED the country

His opinion matters why?

this is fantastic, it's just as shitty as the shit the libtards put out but hilarious and politically the opposite of them

#MAGAJam when? I'll honestly organize it anonymously here if there's enough interest. I have at least one good idea for a simple, political anti-progressive game that I could throw together in GameMaker or something in like a weekend.

>most powerful medium in the world
>not Sup Forums

oops

Yeah, the top economy in the world is a couple of centuries behind The Netherlands. This guy is a nimrod.

They are desperate for female approval. I used to be this way. I though it made me special to have women like me, then I realized it's pretty pointless if they aren't fucking you.

They are expecting george soros will fund this shit

yeah I put it together in like 5 hours including modelling the gas mask / helmet + signs, could have done it on the day but instead I ended up just arguing on Sup Forums

That's a hilarious ass game

see that's the thing tho, there's totally an element of that, but it goes beyond that. the ones who honestly buy into the bullshit have gone far beyond that and truly believe they're doing The Right Thing; I have one such faggot as a facebook friend and he literally posted a pic of him with a ketchup bottle that instructed people to "take a pic with this bottle to show support for [something]!".

but I can't honestly believe that Rami and others of his tier are that stupid. they know exactly what they're doing.

shadilay, brother. props for going all out and getting the domain and everything. I hope there's more of us out there; I went to GDC last year, and a game jam in Europe, and in both places I told everyone (without revealing my power level) that I thought Trump was going to win the election; none of the libfags would believe it, they were all triggered at the mere thought.

if there's enough of us out there—gamedevs willing to put slightly-above-minimal effort into making something dumb, political, and triggering—maybe a #MAGAjam would actually catch on here. you've given me hope.

Make it unity and I'll help you build a wall building simulator

cheers m8 I run on (You)s
every thread I post it in seems to get slid though so either people are very triggered by it or its a buzzkill

thanks user. I definitely would attend a MAGAjam, god knows the industry needs to be pulled back closer to centre... with full blown right wing memery

Taken screens of his own games and send it to him.

because if they were openly right-wing they'd be forced out of the industry

exactly but why not release shitty small short-form games either under a pseudonym or purely anonymously, solely as a form of political activism? I was legit shocked when the user posted Stickman Struggle in this thread; it's more or less exactly what I imagined, a "right-wing" counterpart to the "low-effort" political games of the Left, released (as far as I can tell) completely anonymously. not to suck his aussie dick too much but honestly it's emboldened me to do the same, and I wonder if others will join in in kind if I were to put together an event here on Sup Forums

I KNOW there's more of you fucking autists out there goddammit, let's trigger some shitlibs together using "their" medium.

What's the big deal about Nuclear Throne, anyway?

yeah its anonymous, I have other shit being worked on and it would be a death sentence to tie any identity to that. Glad to see other people wanting to get in on the action, fucking exciting.

shitty roguelite memeshit

b-b-but screenshake tho, it has GODLIKE screenshake, and EVERYONE knows that screenshake is what makes indie games good because Rami said so, which is why I wrote a script to offset my game's camera by a few pixels randomly, all by myself, and now my game is an awesome indie legend just like Rami's, shut up goddddddd

also i'm legit going to put some kind of Sup Forums jam together, any other name suggestions aside from #MAGAjam? Sup Forumsjam would be nice but it wouldn't hashtag well (v important), plus not everyone on the internet knows who Sup Forums is, MAGA would have a wider appeal

#FREEDOMjam? as in, having the freedom to make games without judgement from the new "man", whereas before it was "this is too violent", now its "this is racist and sexist"?

I don't like it though, too long. MAGAjam leaves no doubts and will be targeted from the start. all publicity is good publicity though..

>itch.io
Never visited a site that ends with .io

youtube.com/watch?v=CcGPTeUQkgM

>this man has 124k followers

And yet, most of his tweets have fewer than 100 likes/retweets. It's almost as if 99% of his "followers" are bots.

Why do people listen to this clown? He hasn't made any games worth jackshit, and the worst part is he's so far up his own ass. Everything he says is just hollow virtue signalling. It's always about how we need more women and brown people.

>Why do people listen to this clown?
>Everything he says is just hollow virtue signalling

You should make a mod for Mount and blade

excellent point senpai. yet, despite this, his influence is undeniable. I was at a game jam last summer in Europe when Pokemon Go came out (only in the US at first), and the sandnigger retweeted something about how "omg black Americans who play Pokemon Go are more likely to be suspected of crimes by cops than white Americans" or some shit. immediately, multiple people at the game jam were talking about what the sandnigger was saying, and even though I tried to explain to people that he was just blindly retweeting garbage, nobody would listen.

Vlambeer has made some legit games; Luftrausers is rad, and Ridiculous Fishing is at least ok. they are super overrated tho imo

Notch doesn't count, he's too based and no longer really a gamedev. he has "fuck you money" beyond that of which all the other wannabe gamedevs WISH they had, even the "high-profile" ones like Rami. we as a species are beyond blessed to have Notch tho

kek yeah he had good form didnt he
I would since I love that game and have sunk hundreds of hours into napoleonic wars but I don't know how to mod it properly and have other stuff to work on to boot so probably won't come from me, sorry user

>the savior of indie games
To save something it would have to be good in the first place. Western game development is deader than Patton Oswalt's wife, and Japan is only salvageable because they can manage half a dozen good games a year.

Based Notch.

This may be a subtle redpill. Let everyone sees what absolute trash the responders are working on.

what, do you mean Laidlaw? naw son, check his twitter feed, it's nonstop libtard shilling as far as they eye can see. Chet Faliszek too, they both tweet and retweet the stupidest fucking shit. trust me user, I want to believe Valve is secretly based, but fact is, they live in the liberal sinkhole that is the greater Seattle area; I know people there, the liberal reality distortion field is real. I'm pretty sure Laidlaw legit believes his bullshit, which is sad, because his sci-fi even outside of Half-Life is pretty fucking on-point

Oh I don't think it was intentional. Just that it shows off how little women contribute to the games industry

saved thread, checked and keked