Is polygamy wrong?

Why cant i have multiple wives? Is there anything inherently wrong or problematic with it?

Other urls found in this thread:

thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/05/5338/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

inbreeding

If you feel the need to ask /ppl/ you're far too autistic for it to ever work

>Is polygamy wrong?
Yes
society works best when it is one man and one woman

bump

dated under principles which i feel may align with polygamy (not sure). had multiple romantic partners who were all aware of eachother and their status in my life; some were more comfortable with it than others. predy gud teenage memories when i think about it.

If you have multiple wives, someone else wont have any. Man without any access to woman is generally lost to society. Good luck creating healthy society with that as common practice.

>multiple romantic partners
Men don't count faggot

no, but you will have a lot of domestic fighting and bitching to deal with and you will want to suicide for 1 week every month when their cycles all synchronize

The current one doesn't seem to be working either

inherently wrong? no. polygamy has existed all over the world since the beginning of recorded time

problematic? women are problematic, more ways than one (expensive, naggy, sneaky, etc.)
but if you have the money, wisdom, patience, etc. to manage them then go for it

Yeah and the family unit is being destroyed as we speak, must be a coincidence

You can either have domestic fighting or bitching in my polygamist house but not both.

all were female; had a faggot friend who wanted in but i told him to fuck off, we're full

That's because nobody has wives. People need to find what works best, and ideally that would be every man gets a wife who they love, but that can't happen so we just try to increase that number and that means no polygamy because then you have a disproportion.

Your faggot friend wanted to fuck you but you wouldn't because you were to preoccupied with your gfs? You missed out on some prime dick there son.

Don't you have better ways to spend your time Mitt?

Yeah its wrong , you fucken degenrate.

>mah preserve whiteness and have a great family

but ma whole body wanna dick bitches and be a whore

yeah go kill yourself you dumb cunt

people like you need to be shot

fucken try hard muslim pleb

Thats actually a good point it would most likely favor those who are more socially adept and able to manipulate woman, essentially those who have anti-social personality disorder (ex. sociopaths). The hierarchal structure of that type of society would probably be really fucked up

>nobody has wives
No fault divorce is to blame. Reagan is truly the biggest destroyer of the west.

It only works if all the women are not jealous and fine with it. Good luck finding 4 women who think the same way.

You can't blame 1 person for this. Blame feminism, along with the trend of weak males. People are becoming less compatible and need to learn their responsibilities to society.

>missed out on some prime dick
wew lad

Come over to Utah, OP.

It's really hard to swing it, especially outside of a repressive culture. You have to be extremely charismatic, I'd say literally 1 in a million men could actually pull it off in a liberal Western society.

Running multiple girlfriends is a big enough pain in the ass when you can swap them out after they get ornery; what the fuck are you going to do with wives that you are stuck with?

It is going to take a serious social realignment for this to become prevalent or remotely accepted in the open, despite tacit hypergamy running rampant. I'm talking post-Carrington Event realignment.

I have seriously talked with some of my girlfriends about doing this in real life, and I have noticed that the only ones who seriously entertain the idea are also too crazy to have children with.

>having 4 hormonal women bitching at you each month

Yeah no thanks

the only argument i see against it is that its bad because "i can't get a gf so why should you get more than one?" so what?

prolific breeding and harems are why brown skins are winning, whites need to breed more and with less care for the offspring's upbringing to compete.

this^^ hardest fucking thing was to make them all feel special and unique in their placement in life. it was like rewiring bitch-circuits and lasted for about 5 months.

HELL

thepublicdiscourse.com/2012/05/5338/
If you want to start another organization like ISIS, legalize polygamy and wait a decade, it is that easy

Polygamy is great for me, it should be off limits to anyone else though.

Yep. Even when you spread them out geographically there's always one that needs attention.

By the way, juggling multiple girls would have been so much harder back in the day of telephones. Thank goodness everyone chats asynchronously now, text and Whatsapp and FB messenger make everything so much easier.

Ill support your entitlement to multiple wives as long as every man gets a woman.

>guy from Sup Forums thinks he's going be one of the top 10% of men that gets four wives and not the other 50% of men consigned to inceldom

kek

My grandfather practiced Polygamy. He had over 14 kids and lived a pretty happy life. Both his wives got along but the children from different mothers did not.

You can't get one woman and you want more? Gimme a break

If we lived in a society where we could make enough females to satisfy the men with multiple hot wives, then we should

If by "winning" you mean fleeing their own shitholes to take advantage of economic systems built under monogamy then sure, but if you create that polygamous system a lot more dudes are gonna go ER/NEET/drop out of society and we'll be just as much a shithole as them as a result.

The problem is the men who are then going without ANY female options don't just fuck off to their basement to drink Mt. Dew and play overwatch, they will get desperate and violent. With less and less to lose depending on their state of desperation, some may try to groom younger and younger girls while they're still available. Society just barely holds together now because men can have hope holding out that maybe possibly their unicorn non-slut is out there somewhere. If you 100% KNEW there was no way you'd ever have one you now have a huge incentive to assassinate a man and take his women. Even if they all refused you, it is still creating multiple available women at the cost of only 1 man. Taking a harem, or even a single woman, makes you a huge target for the other 90% of men who are pissed off.

Massive numbers of hard working beta men would have to die until the male to female ratio of the nation was like 1:6 before equilibrium was reached. Now that most of society's smartest minds are gone you have an unproductive nation with 86% female population. That is a tremendous target for another thirsty nation to take, or of course the 86% women could vote for really stupid stuff as they always do.

just have a harem and kncok them all up, its what i do

4 wives?
4 times the divorce rape

underrated correct response

No. But in this climate where there is no gender imbalance we can not afford to have unpaired adolescent males fucking shit up on the edge of town.

Monogamy is as old in Europe as the Indo-Europeans. It was practiced by pretty much all of Europe, except in some occasions.

Monogamy is preferably because men without pussy = angry men = revolution.

However, one system that did die in recent years was having concubines. It was perfectly acceptable up until the 20th century, really.

I can't have the extra wives that faggots and incels have given up on?

If you believe in polygamy, you therefore must believe in an "alpha male".

This means you deny science in favor of selfishness (and stupidity).

From the beginning of time, each partner (man and woman) do not want to share what they have. It's a survival instinct.

We evolved from a monogamous gibbon like creature, which also branched off into species like chimpanzees (who are poly and different than us).

Our homo-erected ancestors among others only became polyamorous when they were cast out from family groups, which means they did it for survival. Fossil evidence shows mostly all poly animals were wiped out from disease while family units survived.

On the other hand, a different species, neanderthals, (which we interbred with often) were completely sexual animals, and incredibly polyamorous. We can tell this from how testosterone changed their bodies in dimorphism which humans and our ancestors didn't have as much as these and other apes. (For example, an extreme dimorphism is how orangutans grow huge flanks on the sides of their face when they become an alpha of a group). This does not happen to human men, as there is only small difference which is such as most animals.

"Alpha" in terms of our culture now only means socially dominant. You could say a man (such as Charles Manson) was dominant socially, or even in the Middle East where a man can have many wives; but most of the time it's just a case of someone incredibly mentally - ill and narcissistic

Because it lets women have multiple husbands.

Either all of it is okay, or none of it is, if you give degeneracy even an inch it will demand miles from you.

It already works like this famalam

only if you're alpha and have 4 kids per wife. Beta cucks can raise them maybe.

**homo erectus , sorry for the autocorrect.

How are you going to provide for 4 grown adults and all of their kids while working at mcdonalds?

beta cucks :)

As an alpha male, you should have multiple females, but once you get them pregnant, they must leave so that the beta male can care for them.

Yes, they would vote in aggressive foreign men in a heartbeat and create the very world they sought to escape

Yes this is the correct answer.

source?

True but it would probably be much worse

polygamy = rich dudes having a dozen wives and poor dudes ending up alone and frustrated

then all of a sudden you have an enormous military aged male population who are frustrated the rich chads are getting literally ALL the pussy

you can only cuck a human man so much

Beta males these days are opting out though

its all good, only nationalism is bad mkay

Nice meme vlad

It's a monogamy is a Roman custom that has entwined itself with Christianity.

>What is wrong about it?
It's inefficient and creates surplus males. If a society wishes to maximize its reproductive potential, then polyandry is inefficient as a woman is the bottle neck of reproduction. If a society wishes to maximize its standing men-of-the-line or fully productive men, then polygamy becomes inefficient as some males will not secure reproduction causing social disorder.

The effect gets more noticeable the better pre-natal and child rearing techniques get as more and more men reach adulthood. Typically the only societies that really benefit from polygamy are small isolated societies, or societies who lost a significant amount of males for whatever reason.

Essentially, the reason it isn't common in most well organized societies is simply because societies that did organize 1 to 1 outcompeted those that did not.

Should a woman have multiple husbands?

yes, 2 may be conflictuous but 3-10 would magically work

Polygamy was normal until the last 200 years

I'm having problems with a single wife. E.g. being good husbant and father is not an easy task. So just imagine going out with mates for beer and recieving 16 calls and 120 sms with complains that you need to buy milk and toilet paper and that you still did nit change lightbulbs in front of the house instrad of standar 4 calls and 30 sms that you will recieve from a single wife.