Ancestry Thread

Post your ancestry Sup Forums.

>INB4 giving your DNA over to a corporation

Other urls found in this thread:

prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/mythsofbritishancestry
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sicilian parent
Italian and German/Irish father

Usually say I'm ethnically Italian for brevity. I don't need a test to tell me Sicily is a genetic lucky dip and that German/Irish basically means generally western European. Thing is... I'm 6'0, attractive, 8 inch cock, good career and I'm not even lying about any of this. Why would I want to sully this by finding drops of Congolese and Mongol in my DNA?

It's not just about finding your ancestors, it shows you diseases you are more likely to get too.

which website is that from?

23andme

Ancestry.com

sweet and do you know how deep it goes into eastern Europe cus ive seen some tests for 23andme and all it says is eastern europe not ukraine or russia etc

Stillborn

DNA is a jewish lie, if you honestly think a human can be made out of ATCG then gas yourself.

This hardly proves whether you have Aryan ancestry or not. What a waste of time and money.

Maybe useful, but again, I have a fair idea. Point still stands that it would show all sorts of strange results testing anyone with any southern European ancestry.

I'm still
>giving your DNA over to a corporation

It literally doesn't.

You are an idiot

It doesn't at all unfortunately. Yet.

>Finnish

that's tainted blood, m8

Dad is half Irish half English, mum is from lower Normandy ( and all of her ancestor lived in the same area, except one Alsatian/German girl who probably came here after the Franco Prussian war)
Lots of doctors, businessman and lawyers in my dad's family, lots of sailors and artisans in my mum's

Meant for

see

Which is ridiculous because Baltic people are unique as are Finnic/northern Russian people. I'd understand some merging of Polish, Ukrainian and Belarusian though.

Are they ethnically though? You can go into more detail by looking at your paternal and maternal haplogroups though.

I was a little disappointed when I got my results back and there were so many "broadly" results. Wish it went into a little more detail on the Eastern European stuff too

Maybe there haven't been enough samples collected from that region or studies done to do solid mapping.

What is your paternal haplogroup?

>2.6%

Was always a little confused by the haplogroups. Does this mean my dads side originated in Slavland?

I'm talking about ethnicities, not culture. Culture includes language and whatever the Russian empire pushed, so ethnic Kazakhs might have Russian culture but are obviously not Russian ethnically.

Slavic peoples kind of drift across those plains, Poland itself etymologically derives from plains, basically spreading out since the spread of agriculture. Czechs and Yugoslavs are also Slavic, of course, but they're a little different too.

It can tell the difference between Yugoslavic and other Slavic though. The failure to identify Lithuanian/Latvian is completely disappointing.

>Syria and Arabia
So are you an Arab?

The I haplogroup emerged around 20k years ago, can you imagine the kind of spreading involved here? It's kind of good that anthropology is a soft science, that way no one takes it too seriously and don't mind a little discussion.

The I haplogroup is essentially the second wave of European expansionist hunter gatherers. Good work, you can hunt animals in groups.

Originated no, most haplogroups are pre-end of ice age.

delet

your name is on it m8

Yes but you are not going to be able to distinguish culture from a DNA test.

I am interested in where the haplogroups popped up and why they survived, I am under the assumption that each new haplogroup comes about from a mutation in one individual.

This is a really interesting study/article on British ancestry.

prospectmagazine.co.uk/magazine/mythsofbritishancestry

CAUGHT ME SLIPPIN

R1a and R1b are related to each other. Your arrow is pointing wrong. Also, it's equally likely that the migration began from Anatolia or the Caucasus across the bosphorous or across the Caucasians.

Interestingly, even if Georgia outright invented agriculture, which is plausible, then they probably would have spread it westward in search of more fertile valleys that they had against the large, flat, steppes to the north, which is difficult to farm unless you really know what you're doing.

Of course not, that's identifiable simply by meeting them anyway.

You're correct, Y haplogroups are mutations of the Y chromosome passed directly from father to son and all mutations effectively must come from one person. That being said, similar haplogroups are generally similarly named, the R haplogroup has gone through many mutations. Genetic drift is a fairly common thing.

I and J for instance are similarly named, just not as much as R1a and R1b.

3% is not much. 4% is "average", probably above average like they manipulate the penis size average. When you start exceeding 10%, you're actually around a third Neanderthal/Denisovan since if you were a direct descendent from them you'd only have 30% due to genetic drift.

Nothing wrong with a bit of Neanderthal dna, the higher test can increase intelligence in men.

Hmm you're right, google seems to show quite a lot of different answers.

What a cluster fuck