CO2 does not drive climate change

Humans have nothing to do with climate change.

Even Trump's top executives are now saying it.

World Scientific Community BTFO!

Other urls found in this thread:

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>97% of scientists say global warming is real
>drumpfkins still refuse to accept that

Say it with me.
>Madam presidente

>97% of scientists agreeing with something
thats how i know its fake.

it isn't. its methane

>someone who is not a scientist
>talking about scientist things

Gee, it's almost like some people should stfu about things they don't understand.

Methane only accounts for about 30% of total green house gas.

At least we can finally put this 'global warming = give Bill Nye your money' bullshit to rest.

It's true, the biggest contributor is the sun

Water vapor and methane have more of an effect than CO2.

>it isn't. its methane

Methane is counted as CO2

Where is the list off all the world's scientists? That would be needed to determine the 97%

cow farts are worse then car exhaust

>At least we can finally put this 'global warming = give Bill Nye your money' bullshit to rest.

What makes you say that?

>"everything scientists say is wrong"
>posting anonymously from your digital computer wirelessly to a worldwide international image board that can be accessed by anyone at anytime

kek

For the past 5+ years academics have been arguing over the speed of light and its possible variability. The actual speed of light, ffs.

BUT 97% OF THE FUCKS AGREE on the future of our sochastically indeterminate climate system of billions of interacting systems.

wew fucking lad

It's water vapor

Are you autistic? Methane and carbon dioxide are two completely different compounds. Co2 isnt a catagory fuckface

Well, yeah?
97% of scientists don't believe in this magic trick which enlarges your dick.

Ohh my god. Thank goodness someone finally told us. Its not like I didnt know this for the last 16 years as I watched the icecaps not melt and Florida not sink in to the Ocean. My gosh, it must be something that causes climate change, like perhaps the SUN! We need to apply a carbon tax on the Sun.

>Bill Nye is an engineer.
>Neil Tylson's degree has nothing to do with climate.
>Lots of biologist don't study climate.
>geologist can only give mildy accurate reportings of weather from previous times.
>Current climatologist can't tell you what temperature it's going to be next week, much less the next 10 years.
So you're starting to see the problem.

>Humans have nothing to do with climate change.
You might as well admit to being inbred while you're at it.

>global warming
Excuse me I think you meant to say climate change

Methane has more potential for causing more warming as the bands of absorption that methane absorbs energy on are only about half absorbed.

CO2 is approaching the limit of total absorption so adding more doesn't have any effect on warming directly. Although the extra growth of plants from higher levels of CO2 does have effects on the climate and ecosystem.

This isnt saying that its fake, it i s saying that CO2 is not the cause of it

Ya know, even the IPCC says that CO2 related climate change is a minor concern for the next 50 years. There's far more pressing concerns environmentally, and this is from the source(s) of Libshit drama on climate change.

Well, at some pint 97% of scientists said the earth was flat. But you properly agree with that as well.

O know this is bait but that article just scanned 13000 papers' abstracts for very basic support of human contribution to global warming. It's a very weak "study".

99.9 percent of the scientific community used to think the world was flat too. And btw Al Gore is a sexual predator

Methane is worse you scientifically illiterate lugen press shill now fuck off

>scientist

I live in Central California and I vote Republican every time on the basis that if global warming is real my property will rise in value and all the coastal libs get washed away in LA, SF, NYC etc

Really makes you think

>scientist things
There's science behind everything, there's properly a scientist specialization for every science backed "thing". So, if you are not a scientist on that specific point, you cannot talk about it!
Perfect logic.

Just like these scientists are apparently above normal citizens and therefore more trustworthy. I'd say that executives are higher than scientists and therefore more trustworthy

Governments use CO2 equivalent.

So they say that 1 ton of X gas is equal to 7.5 tons of CO2.

It's stupid and wrong because CO2 warming doesn't scale in a linear manner, it works on a decreasing exponential scale.

The first megaton of CO2 causes more warming than the next 10 MT, and that first 11MT causes more than the next 100MT and so on.

But CO2 and climate management by governments isn't about the climate, it's about control over people, energy and industry.

yeah but all climate change impact is measured in terms of Global warming Potential which has a baseline of Co2=1. So people will often say co2 instead of actual pollutant

As someone from the state he was AG for, he's a piece of shit.

Ofc. If the government can introduce a "carbon tax", that's a new source of revenue until the end of time

Climate disruption.

After all if the climate isn't changing you can hardly call it climate change. But you can blame storms on climate disruption.

Energy is the largest sector of every economy, and CO2 is the byproduct of about 80% of our total energy balance.

I don't think anything other than water would tie more money into a single quantifiable point of control than CO2.

I'm so glad Trump appointed this guy to the EPA. Clean air and water is for cucks.

it's just another round in the obsession of conservative America to completely reject random fields of science (it was Evolution until the second half of the 2000s), it's just that this time it's a threat to the rest of the planet as well.

97% of the 30% of scientists who replied. The other 70% had no definitive standpoint on the issue. The 97% thing is fake news and debunked.

>The "97 percent" figure in the Zimmerman/Doran survey represents the views of only 79 respondents who listed climate science as an area of expertise and said they published more than half of their recent peer-reviewed papers on climate change. Seventy-nine scientists—of the 3,146 who responded to the survey—does not a consensus make.

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303480304579578462813553136

>"co2 doesn't affect climate chang"
>"haha take that environmentalists!"
>CO and Methane are the two greenhouse gasses that are most responsible for climate change
>"b-b-but mein fuhrer's paid goons said.."

Industrialist, pls go and stay go

He's not wrong. Methane is the number 1 greenhouse gas.

>not a primary contributor
and he is correct
assuming their models are accurate, the primary contributor would have to be water vapor or methane

move to china, then

Co2 is good for the atmosphere.

Anthropogenic global warming was exposed as a politically and financially motivated fraud many years ago. Where have you been OP?

i speak as a scientist. if 97% of us agree on something i promise it is because of significant political pressure to 'agree'

just something to ponder

CO2 and methane are both greenhouse gasses.

With the current atmosphere CO2 no longer causes any more warming. We could have nearly lethal amounts of CO2 and not cause any statistical warming.

Methane has the most potential effect of the most common greenhouse gasses today. It also has a very short half-life in the atmosphere which puts a hard limit on just how much warming it can cause.

When the climate change scam is exposed are we going to see public executions of those who tried to convince us to submit to the economic slavery of the Carbon Tax?!

Global warming's gonna happen no matter what America does because of China/India making a damn mess. I'm more worried about the immediate consequences of this asshole selling out our local environment to business interests.

The greenhouse effect is an incorrect hypothesis. It does not exist. The scientific evidence supports that climate variation is driven by solar variation.

Too many chinese. I want the shitty air and water HERE.

OOOOOOOOY

VEEEEEEEEEY

>earth is warming at 0.005 degrees per year, according to (((IPCC scientists))) whose funding depends on saying global warming is real

THE WORLD IS ENDING!!!!!

Scott Pruitt, the guy found to be operating a pay for play scheme before he was sworn into the epa. Yeah, not going to question that guy at all.

We're going to burn this planet into a fucking radioactive cinder so that humanity can populate the stars and create millions of terraformed paradise Earths, forever

And you're going to fucking like it you green commie bitch

the biggest give away was how they silently changed "global warming" to "climate change" when all their predictions refused to come true.

also a much cleverer word, because now you aren't just limited to things caused by heat, you can assign absolutely every natural phenomenon to your cause because "change" encompasses it all

CO2 changes lag temperature changes, not the other way around.

Isn't it grand to have a government that is a literal subsidy of Exxon?

>being so young you weren't around when they called it global cooling before calling it gobal warming before switching to climate change before clarifying that it was HUMAN CAUSED climate change

only in the Southern Hemisphere during the glacial-interglacial cycles

Source? By all accounts climate change and global warming are directly correlated with current models. Exxon was also exposed for hiding climate change and funding climate change denial. Are you an Exxon shill?

Reminder that the """97%""" consensus is 97% of the 79 out of 3,146 scientists who responded to the survey.

Nice """"""""consensus""""""""""""

>97% of scientists
NO, 97% of scientists whose entire career is made on "climate science" say that. They have a financial incentive to be as alarmist as possible.

It's like 97% of women's studies majors are feminists. No shit. I hate the left and kikes and how they conflate every goddamn thing.

Stop eating meat

>it's a Sup Forums tries to act like it's scientifically literate thread

It's a fucking math problem.

Earth is a pretty closed system, save for the energy that we get from sunlight.
There is a pretty finite amount of carbon on the planet.
If you take more of that carbon out of the earth's crust and put it into the atmosphere by burning fuel, we know how that carbon will act. We know what it does to sunlight, trapping more of the energy without letting it escape, and making us warmer.

It's fucking physics. It's not about some ideology or any of the stupid, corrupt ideas for shit like "carbon taxes" that people have come up with in response to it. It's fucking math. More fuel burned, more greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, hotter planet.
For fuck's sake.

It's bad to kill your host if it's the best one you can get.

as a scientist. global warming, cancer, and pan resistant bacteria are the 3 things i hope never get 'fixed' because 97% of grants depend on those three things. itd be cool if science could be funded without pandering to normie fears but science is super expensive. sorry mates

global warming is real ;)
>t. scientist writing a grant application

the first huge craze I remember was about overpopulation. not sure at what time the global cooling thing was, I'm from '88

This

Stop breathing man, it's like bad to the earth dude.

They're two different things. Global warming is the thing that is happening and climate change is the consequence.

Checks out

It's water vapor you fucking idiot. (no bully plz)

so since America can't stop the oncoming storm on its own, I guess they should do everything in their power to make sure it will engulf us all (tear up the little progress that has been made, sabotage international climate conferences, start to burn coal, elect climate deniers to every relevant position,...)

"""global warming""" has been deprecated by the left just like how they are trying to get people to stop using """fake news""" which they also started.

>More fuel burned, more greenhouse gas in the atmosphere, hotter planet.
This ignored oceanic uptake, variations in solar output, variations in ecomorph uptake, etc, etc. it's not at all a simple system. there's a reason we can't forecast the weather in 3 days time.

as a scientist that depends on grant money to do research. global warming is 110% real and very super scary dangerous, p.s. im on the cusp of curing cancer plz fund thank

What happens when all the energy CO2 could absorb is absorbed?

Will adding more do anything?

Amount of CO2 changes even without burning fossil fuels.
Why it ever reduces instead of starting never ending greenhouse effect?

>why it doesn't matter

climate change is primarily driven by humanity
>western, first-world nations implement "green" measures to reduce co2 emissions
>the industrial shitholes of china and india + the rapidly chinkifying africa won't change anything and will totally offset anything the west does
>we're fucked

climate change is not primarily driven by humanity
>current temperature swings are part of the earth's geothermal cycle
>humanity only contributes 2%~ to climate change
>we are experiencing a warm period before a cold period shift

I work in academia, and that is basically how it works.

>do some research on catalysts for water splitting
>it's basically a dead end, there hasn't been any real progress in years

>"fugg, I don't wanna do anything different. how do I get money for it? oh, I know, I just advertise hydrogen fuel cells as CO2 free alternative! CO2 is bad, global warming is real!"

Make sure China and India aren't taxed for shit, only jew-subverted countries have to pay. Everyone else have 10-20 nigger children and unleash them on the rest of the Earth. Yay its good for the environment.

surprised to see the truth on Sup Forums

the big danger is frozen methane deposits in the deep ocean and tundra

The problem is you don't know the degree to which it's relevant.

Which is where the Medieval Warm Period comes in, which is where the hockey stick comes in ... which is why climate science is a joke.

Why would Exxon ever give two shits about global warming? They don't control the sun.

No, America will allow the market to bring down the cost of renewable energy over time instead of trying to jam it down everyone's throat at outrageous prices based on an arbitrary deadline. China is already incorporating renewable sources which will bring down costs.

Overpopulation can be traced back to the 1600s with Malthus (and probably further, though I've never bothered to do so). More recently, the Club of Rome issued a publication by the name of "Limits on the Growth" which seemed to have kicked off renewed interest in the depopulation agenda. So you're right on the money.

I was growing up in the 80s and they were still banging on about global cooling at the time, although it was already dying out.

Thing is their models are shit. You'd think people who work with modelling in the course of their professions would notice this immediately, but scientists can be powerfully blind when they're getting easy money for their ideological biases.

no retard
it's that they can't interview 97% of all scientists

>Bill Nye is an engineer.
>Neil Tylson's degree has nothing to do with climate.

This is what pisses me off. You always have some fucking hack talking about climate change.

to be fair, it can be easier to predict long term developments than short term ones, because you can average out the fluctuations.

but they are still simplifying it way too much. on top of that, their theoretical models cannot be validated since the spike in CO2 is unprecedented.

No energy is renewable. Oil and coal will be around long after the rare earth elements required for solar panel manufacture run out. And of course there's no windmills without coal.

b-b-b-but they're ON T.V.!!! GOYIM!!

The only thing I don't like about trump: his climate change policy

Yeah, obviously I meant """renewable""" sources. Meaning the shit that Obama-ites are trying to force through via arbitrary policy.

>Even Trump's top executives are now saying it.
Well no shit, you know their agenda, of course they're going to say that, they're climate change deniers after all.

Whoa dude... What if we like.... Breath weed?

It's part if the earth bro.

Whoa!