At what age did you become disillusioned with religion and started accepting death for what it is instead of "drugging"...

At what age did you become disillusioned with religion and started accepting death for what it is instead of "drugging" your brain with religion?

I'll add this since I know people will argue about it: This doesn't include people who believe in "a god", as it might or might not exist. But Abrahamic religions are as legit as any cult or belief popping up in more recent times, like Mormonism or Scientology. It's ridiculous how people make fun of "weird cults" when they are also in one.

Pic unrelated.

Somewhen in late childhood, early teens ( 12-13 )

Religion is cancer and is only the first phase of Denial

>Digits absolutely related to picture.
The natural world is weirder than you imagine.
You will never die.
You will never understand why.
The parts of the brain governing religious beliefs are the last cognitive portions to succumb to natural degredation.
Weather you accept it or not, your beliefs will be your "afterlife" as your body stubbornly continues on against all odds.
Forever.

or maybe we had the answers Long ago. and the jews and christian used the information to their benefit. one cannot die because the energy in them cannot be created or destroyed.

I was never religious so didn't really think about it much, but in my late teens probably began to notice the bullshit & nonsense being pushed by so called spiritual people & so became more adept at spotting the lies.

>You will never die
Bullshit & lies like this for example.

Around 13. I went through a militant atheist stage around 16 years old which is embarrassing to think about looking back.

However, I've started to notice a change in myself. I'm 20 now and in the past couple of years or so I've started to sway back and forth from extreme atheism to wanting/needing religion. I was raised catholic and in a pretty religious household unlike a lot of Catholics. I went to faith schools, regular church attendance, I was an altar boy among other things etc. I always thought that being raised religious and having it drummed in my head is what caused me to hate it but now I feel like I need that again. I know I don't believe in Christianity or any religion deep down but I feel like there's something to it. I just can't handle the negative world view that being an atheist comes with. I know a lot of atheists have differing opinions on their views on life but mine are fairly negative when it comes to atheism. Maybe I'm just not smart enough to be an atheist...

In a hundred years remember me. Though I and everyone you know now will be dirt to you by then, remember I you that you would never die.

Religion is for people at either end of the Bell curve.

Atheism happens when you're smart enough to not blindly believe things people tell you, but not smart enough to realize just how far the true nature of the universe lies beyond human comprehension.

10?

>The parts of the brain governing religious beliefs are the last cognitive portions to succumb to natural degredation.
even if hypothetically true. it would be beneficial from an evolutionary standpoint to make that part of the brain last the longest for a tribe to survive in the darkest times. if lacking food,water and are at deaths door triggered giving up your belief system it wouldn't be an advantage for mankind.

Quantum immortality. Terrifying concept.

Hey OP, at what point did you find reddit and believed you were smarter than everyone else because you dont think its cool to conform to your parents values?

>if lacking food,water and are at deaths door triggered giving up your belief system it wouldn't be an advantage for mankind.
what is this, australian english? I can't understand

I was a devout muslim when I was a puberty-hit teenager.

Your argument is retarded beyond belief.

My prophet never raped little boys - huge difference.

Damn, even if I tried I wouldn't have been able to get a 88 with a hitler image. Must be God's will. :^)

Your theory sounds like mumbo-jumbo though bro sorry.

It's simply baffling to see christian faggots in a place like Sup Forums. I mean yeah sure it's changed over the years, but fucking come on.

Yeah, you only believe that God, GOD HIMSELF, had a HUMAN son with a human woman.

You're better off believing in Zeus, he did the same thing, several times in fact.

looked it up on wp

>multi dimens--
>implying
utter bullshit. multiple dimensions are a fantasy of government funded scientists who can't comprehend that the world in it's total is too big for our brains to rationalize

>muh big bang
bullshit too. the universe is electric and thus all those logical crutches are only a result of abrahamic religious scientists desperately clinging at a stupid theory since 100 years.

Atheists are as dumb as believers in my eyes. If you can't say god exists for sure, you can't say god doesn't exist for sure either.

I can't believe how many scientists are atheists. It's such a non-science thing to do, to say something doesn't exist without proving it doesn't exist.

I went from a muslim to agnostic in matter of months after I turned 21

Kikes shill Spiritualism, not Agnosticism or Atheism. Welcome to Sup Forums by the way newfag.

> Kikes don't shill Atheism
You've obviously never met a Jew from western Europe or the U.S, then.

I don't think so. I think there are dumb atheists(People who "hate" god and take out their hate on believers, without any rational thought), dumb believers(people who believe without even reading any holy books), smart believers(People who have read everything and who know not everything about religion is certain and set in stone, these guys sometimes become cultists though...) and smart atheists(or rather agnostics.)

I haven't met a Jew in my entire life. But I know what ((their)) agenda is. And not all Jews are in ((their)) group. But I can tell you with certainty, ((they)) want Spiritualism to prevail,(the belief that "we are all god, everything is god", to make a totally degenerate society.

You're missing the point. The Jews are an ethnic religious group. Hence why being an Atheist and a Jew aren't mutually exclusive.
Yes the traditionalist Jews want spiritualism, but the Jews who stray from their religious roots usually want the spread of Atheism, homosexuality, and pedophilia.

It's easier to steer someone with religion.

I think it works for them if atheists are a minority.

They know religion will never disappear. Humanity has always had a religion. The brain needs it. So they will feed spiritualist nonsense in it.

even if a god did exist, does it really mean anything for humanity?

say for a moment that god exists for rocks. when a rock is formed it is blessed by god. when the rock is destroyed a replica of the rock is transported to gods kingdom and put in the special place for rocks.

why would a god do this? it makes no sense. you could replace "rock" with any other object and it still wouldn't become any clearer.

>multiple dimensions are a fantasy
A-am I back into the timeline where Trump didn't win through 16D Parcheesi?

Yeah well, if god has no interference in this universe, and it seems so, it's really hard to push yourself to pursue said god that might or might not exist.

That still doesn't warrant being an atheist though. Agnosticism makes sense to me.

Humans may have always had religion, but Abrahamic belief isn't religion. It's simply truth.
From the formation of Israel all the way to the degeneration of the youth, what the Bible predicted is coming to life as we speak. Atheism might've seemed logical a couple hundred years ago, but now it's just straight denial of fact.

>straight denial of fact

What fact is that?

You sound like an absolute lunatic, every single believer I talked to admits religion is belief. I have yet to meet someone crazy enough to say it's fact.

Bravo sir, you are one well indoctrinated specimen, your local priest did a great job.

Also let me remind you I'm not an atheist, I'm an agnostic.

I know what you mean. I feel like atheism is too strong of a standpoint. Being an agnostic seems like the only logical standpoint.

What fact is that? The fact that the Bible predicted Israel's formation and it happened. The fact that the Bible predicted the coming of the anti-Christ and Milo matches every characteristic of him. The fact that the Bible predicted the degeneration of the youth and it's happening.
I'm curious to hear your counter argument and not your loathing for Christian belief.

you what?

The Stirner-esque glasses to round out your merchant are a nice touch, but Christfags are still cancer. Nice try, philosemite.

To explain it in very broad strokes in layman's terms. Every possible outcome of every event happens in some percentage of "space" on a dimension that we cannot directly perceive, but on which we do entirely exist. Physics calls this the "many worlds interpretation" of quantum physics, but that doesn't really describe it very well.

In practice, say you play Russian Roulette with someone, and you get the bullet, there are is a percentage of reality where the other guy gets it, and a percentage where the bullet is a dud, and a percentage where the bullet only damages your brain and you survive as a vegitable. Don't play Russian roulette.

The point is, you have a chance of experiencing only those scenarios where you live through the encounter somehow. The same goes for more mundane kinds of death. Even if you die from my perspective, you live from yours.
God isn't even in the equation.

Loathing is an emotion. I have no emotion about Christianity because I wasn't exposed to it until I had access to internet.

You do realize Christianity came after Judaism, right? It's not exactly hard to predict those things. I'm willing to bet Quran has a lot of stuff about that to, I mean look at how much muslims hate jews.

This, but I decided to go the long route because Googling it gets a lot over bullshit.
Like on Wikipedia...
Saying there are "multiple universes" is like explaining distance by saying there are "multiple inches" when I say things happen "on a dimension we can't perceive" I mean in the mathematical sense of a dimension being an axis of measurement. Just as we don't inherently perceive distance in inches, we don't experience "possibility" (for lack of a better term) in distinct universes.

Bumping for impressive digits.

Here's a pic for the people who say it's time to "grow out of atheism".

Wow really made me think haha