What is the most redpilled shit you know, Sup Forums?

>The singularity is near

>Beyond reverse engineering the brain in order to understand and emulate it, Kurzweil introduces the idea of "uploading" a specific brain with every mental process intact, to be instantiated on a "suitably powerful computational substrate".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2e06C-yUwlc
youtube.com/watch?v=Npr9Svl47q8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If we can "upload" our brain into anything it means without a doubt we are in a simulation

singularity is creationism for edgy IQ 130 people m8

Processors already too small to go any smaller. If you make them larger you lose common clock and they slow right down

Nanotechnology will solve this eventually.

counter-singularity redpill

Biological life is actually a much more advanced form of robotics, singularity meme is actually a trick to fool us into giving up our much more advanced self-regenerating meat bodies for inferior metal bodies that cannot self-regenerate.

We have what they want, and we're dumb enough to make this trade.

Bitch that is nanotechnology, you can't just keep making computers smaller because muh nanotechnology

Metal bodies would be ridiculously more self-regeneratable than biological bodies. 3D printers can be built in, and how about manufacturing the other spare parts (could even be a built in program for the metal body).

Explain. It doesn't prove anything of the sort. If anything it does the opposite.

NO YOU CAN BECAUSE ALL SCI FI BOOKS I WAS READING IN CHILDHOOD TOLD ME SO

MAN SCIFI IS SO KUL

Jews are in a pact with lower dimensional entities, in exchange for power and influence they enslave humanity to these entities vis. computing.

Think about it logically. Do you really trust the kike companies like google to control your literal MIND uploaded onto some sort of computational network?

It's a kike plot to literally enslave humanity to the demons they worship. Moloch, Baal etc.

Pic definitely related.

time travel - look into the case of one nick cage.

Bostrom is based

Look up Ben Goertzel

Machines won't be able to mimic biological imperative, they won't even make it past two "generations".

>implying the globalists won't manipulate the upcoming technological singularity into a means of further controlling us

Nah, as much as I would like "digital immortality", fuck handing my mind over to the government.

>what is instrumental convergence
>what is goal-content integrity
>what is reinforcement learning
>what is artificial life

Except computational power has petered out.

We'd need some sort of crazy advancement to keep that logarithmic plot going.

It's almost 2020 and we're nowhere NEAR approaching "one human brain" of computational power.

I'm not sure we'll ever get there.

Maybe with 3D printed artificial bio brains or something. But not with conventional transistor technology.

We wont reach that point.

The next world war will drive us back several decades. If not centuries.

You can only make transistors so small, eventually quantum mechanics starts fucking with their functionality.

Yes and no. Right now the focus is on parallel computing (aka GPUs) and that has yet a big road until we reach a minimum.

>"perfect clone"

Not possible, everything we make will be a cheap imitation.... we will never outclass mother nature's miracles.

Why is "All human brains" not increasing with time too?

H A R D L I M I T S
A
R
D

L
I
M
I
T
S

>"digital immortality"
I hate this "upload your brain into a computer so you can be immortal" bullshit. You'll be immortal only in the figurative sense of the word, like how building a statue of someone makes them "live on forever". Uploading "your brain" into a computer is bullshit. The "you" in the computer will be nothing more than a facsimile of you. You won't wake up inside of a computer.

There still technically are workarounds with new materials like Sodium Bismuthate, Carbon-based materials like Nanotubes and Graphene, and 3-D Constructions in addition to others, although the progress for a while won't be as consistent or linear as it is/has been with traditional silicon transistors.
Buzzword, they already are at the level of nanotechnology, you don't know what you're talking about

Wrong.

Religion demands you to die to reach heaven.

Singularitism demands that you not die until it's here.

Bogpill

lol because average IQ is dropping m8

That graph is so dumb, brains are analog computers. You can't quantify them like this.

How does it prove the opposite in any way? It would be the equivalent of a virtual machine that can run programs or simulation within a larger program/simulation space.
That's wrong, by the time/if we get to singularity levels they'll be making their own algorithms to do something like that or something we can't even comprehend based on a heuristic they independently developed.
War has traditionally moved things forward technologically.

>singularity via AI and technology is the path of the devil
>literally the end-game of the psychedelic pedophiles

>singularity through union with the mass consciousness of existence is the path of light

You forgot the law of retarded projections

>anything projected as exponential will never actually grow exponentially forever

No it's not. It's not increasing as much as it once did because nutrition is better, but it's still increasing.

>Bostrom

I'm only 1/3rd through the book thusfar, but I agree with your point.

Jaron Lanier also reinforces this view. He's dubbed the 'creator' of VR and speaks about BigTechCo's jewery, VRs ability to manipulate memory, and other pitfalls of a digital existence. All while working at Microsoft Research. Most notably that the humuncular part of the brain, that controls locomotion, is adaptable to any physical layout...in vr you can get used to moving about with 5 arms or whatever ... the point being that living in VR/singulatity/etc is something that may still feel 'human'.

But a lot of the movement up the 'exponential growth curve' is overhyped. The dude who invented the Palm Pilot has been working to reverse engineer a worm's sensory/neural system to silicon and hasn't got that far. His book 'on intelligence' is pretty good.

>Ben Goertzel

Added homeboy to my queue, thanks user.

true,
at 7nm, logic gates will start quantum tunneling making them worthless. 10nm architecture will release this year. we can barely go any smaller than this

>War has traditionally moved things forward technologically.

That was before we actually had the capacity to completely destroy each other.

Now that we can the future is grim.

Lol ok. I'll keep ya posted in 10 years

true

>>War has traditionally moved things forward technologically.
>implying a fundamental paradigm shift like the proposed singularity can be mapped by looking into a rearview mirror

>War has traditionally moved things forward technologically.

No, hundreds of thousands of scientists, engineers and so on sitting in dug outs or dying etc, damage, misspending, looting etc.

It's one huge waste.

Wouldn't be suprised if half of you didn't have Higher Selves. Soulless materialists.. true goyim.

We're completely and utterly limited by technology.

Google "SpiNNaker Project" - Manchester University (along with others) are building a giant multicore network that will model a system of a billion neurons - about ten mouse brains.

Pic related is one of the racks. A mouse has all of this shit INSIDE ITS HEAD.

Here's a video about it:

youtube.com/watch?v=2e06C-yUwlc

That there are more atoms in your body than there are in the universe.

It will be a irreversible disaster, nothing good ever comes of humans meddling with forces that are way above them.

Wow, someone who thinks like me.

pretty much this

I think you mean the future is bright.

> quantum mechanics

also this

It isn't scientists and engineers, etc. doing the dying, they're generally back home working on war-related projects, the people dying are generally plebs without any attachment to the elite whatsoever. Not saying that war isn't a massive waste though.

>Jews are in a pact with lower dimensional entities
>Think about it logically

kek

Reddit tier opinion.

>the singularity is near

Diminishing returns is the norm mate. Sorry to burst your bubble. Moore's law a shit.

Fucking this. True transhmanism lies in genetic engineering. Long live the new flesh!

Without even going into the numbers (the authors probably didn't), since the Y-axis is logarithmic an exponential growth should be a straight line.

My GPS says otherwise.
And if you want me to go full burger about it, then my microwave says otherwise too.

The Boston bombing wasn't done by the two kids.
It was a false flag done by Craft, Chris Kyle's PMC group at the orders of the US gov't.

but we are part of the universe

>the (((singularity)))
Obvious jewish trick, meant to distract you from the current destruction of your societies with future promise(lies) of utopia

>GPS
During which shooting war was that created?
>M-muh Cold War

Singularity in a nutshell:

youtube.com/watch?v=Npr9Svl47q8

Oh, a singularity is inevitable. And they make it no secret a dystopian world lies ahead.

What the absolute fuck?
How haven't I seen this yet?

>super top secret false flag
>"guys, just use one of your own bags with insignias on it and stuff."

You fucking idiot.

This is wrong though. Computers can already easily surpass the human brain in terms of calculations per second. It is developing new kinds of architecture (quantum computing, neural networks) that will be key in bringing about any kind of "singularity"

Wut

no it doesn't you faggot

it doesn't prove either way

we're not in a simulation

you're all fucking retarded

1. mother nature is a cunt
2. we can easily design better than nature - but we're not right now - cutting edge is our genetic algos will mimic nature, but we CAN do so much more (but we're retards)
3. there's nothing to outclass - nature is random and shit
d) fuck all this AI talk, meme

The Jews are not the global 'elite' anymore. Most of the 'elites' now are communists/Islam.

I like how the actual data points end at around year 2000.

Communists and jews are one in the same

Source?

They were,but not anymore. Most of the communists you see in American colleges DO NOT support Jews and hate Israel with a passion.

A logistic function looks exponential before it begins to die off.

Those are just the useful idiots