WWI

>tfw the most destructive war for the West to ever happen

Why.. Lads. Why.

No divide an conquer, just a WWI thread remembering those who died on both sides, fucking wars man.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_de_siècle
youtube.com/watch?v=KqD9NQCHUKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyQvW0YB7M
youtube.com/watch?v=Dhhn4nswSMc
youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aníbal_Milhais
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder that WW1 was caused by German autism.

>Literally waiting to die when no one else is around you

serb* autism

I-I thought we were friends...

It's so ridiculous, it was a war over nothing where at least ww2 was a war of ideas

>A German machine gunner lies dead at his post in a trench near Hargicourt, in France on September 19th, 1918. From the original caption: "He had courageously fought to the last using his gun with deadly effect against the advancing Australian troops." #

You spelt serb wrong

>1945

If you reader deeper into the Eastern Front of WWII it makes WWI look like child's play

Unfortunately the major damage to society was done by 1918 in terms of the west

Bismarck was the GOAT when it came to foreign politics.

He made it..

Man seeks fire, even if it burns his hands, man wants to hold the flame in his own hands, he longs to harness the power.

People as young as 15 were forced to go and shoot people in mud-filled shitholes.

They were expected to muster up all of their remaining stamina and courage to charge across turret fire across No man's land.

Jesus fuck, dude. I could never do that. That takes balls.
Rest in peace to all who died

WHO WANTS SOME GOOD OL PTSD?

youtube.com/watch?v=k4Pd527GN48

Fucking stupid.

..what?

>German machine-gun nest and dead gunner at Villers Devy Dun Sassey, France, on November 4, 1918—one week before the end of the war. #

They were desperate for a great war.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fin_de_siècle

big government.

youtube.com/watch?v=KqD9NQCHUKQ

Many of them befriended their "enemies" in the opposite trenches and told command to fuck themselves btw.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZEyQvW0YB7M

>A German soldier holds a camera, standing in front of a destroyed British Mark IV (female) tank and the burned remains of its crew in 1917. #

>the most destructive war for the West

But that's the American Civil War you fucking retard

Very true, some even shouted across to each other and told jokes and banter

>mfw

>American Civil War
wat? No way man

>American troops aboard French-built Renault FT-17 tanks head for the front line in the Forest of Argonne, France, on September 26, 1918. #

i have some WW1 loot

holy shit being a tanker is almost as worse as being a u-boat man

youtube.com/watch?v=Dhhn4nswSMc

>(female) tank
What does this mean?

>Western front, Flammenwerfers (flame throwers) in use. #

>he doesnt know about tankfus

Judging by how relaxed is the man on the right and the fact that there is still grass, I'd say that it is nowhere near the front.

This poster ALWAYS gets me..

Total war.

I use to love hearing the football story in history class.

youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM

Looking back, having a good history teacher in school was a blessing.

Yeah I think its a training exercise, there was another photo very similar.

This is a good one

>A British-made Mark IV tank, captured and re-painted by Germans, now abandoned in a small wood. #

Seems why the war against Nazi Germany was framed as a fight over social issues, i.e., gassing der juden and making skin lampshades.

Straight propaganda for the fools.

True. Those fucking commie savages were the real monsters of WW2

Remember, goys, the true victims of war are the women back at home!

F

>millions upon millions of Europeans slaughter each other
>civilians starve and perish en masse
>thousand-year-old cities and villages bombed to the ground, rolled over by tanks

And for what?

The World Wars must be the most tragic events to ever take place, whether you are Anglo, Nazi larper, or something else, we can all agree on that.

Machine gunners were seldom taken prisoner for obvious reasons.

cool my great grandfather's medals were all stolen because my dumb uncle left them in a safe outside his house that got nicked, he survived the entire war somehow after being injured like a bazillion times

Looks like he was probably biding time for his mates to fall back, 100 day offensive and all that

A generation gone before our eyes of brave, patriotic, european Christian men.
A lost generation of children with no father to look up to, left to there own demise.

So much senseless bloodshed and destruction with nothing to show for it but death, suffering and better methods to achive death and suffering.
No more brother wars children of Europa!

what a meat grinder it must've been for the US to lose 53,000 men in probably only 6 months of actual combat.

Shit, thats about the same casualties we had during the Vietnam War and that was 10 times as long as WWI.

>mfw France lost 1,150,000 in combat alone
>mfw Germany lost 1,800,000 in combat

What a fucking waste

>millions of conscripted men killed
>patriotism demonized for centuries to come
>The real threat, communism, allowed to flourish and kill even more millions

AAAAAAAH

>yfw France lost 22,000 men in one day in 1914

The casualties on all sides get to a point where your mind just can't comprehend it anymore

What even caused this fucking war again?

t-thanks germany

53,000 is fucking nothing compared to everyone else thank the jews in new york

What?

>Men would actually drown in these shell holes when it rained

who do you fucking think is responsible goy

no probs.

>1935

the eternal austrian

Reading about this Kiwi messenger at Gallipoli who sent to Australian lines. He Said Australians and Turks were in trenches about 30 feet apart. He said they talking to each other and even swapping supplies. ( Cigarettes for tins of jam etc). Then they would engage in some fierce fighting. When the fighting was over they would go back to laughing and joking and trading of goods

Maybe but a machine gunner trying to surrender to men he was mowing down a few minutes earlier is taking a big gamble.
Earsnt junger said that in storm of steel.

Sucks the French reputation got shit on in WWII

It's incredible how they stood their ground despite the odds

wat

Anlgo*

If Bismarck had lived longer and ruled Germany, rather than the autistic Wilhelm II, I don't think WWI would have erupted the way it did.

Youngest boy in war was 6 I believe. Surely not infantry, but still...

Did nationalism cause WW1?

>Storm of steel

I'm actually reading that right now! But yeah you can just imagine the scene of a man who was killing a lot of your friends trying to surrender when you finally get up to him.

Globalization mainly but it was triggered by the entante and serbia

Other way round

not really, it was the spark inn erbia but that is not why the leaders went to war

>GOOD OL PTSD?
I think you mean shell shock

nah this time the anglos were innocent.

Also, they had to hit people with sticks so they would shoot each other.
They would charge, go back, charge again, ad infinitum.
Shell shock was "discovered" in WW1.
And then they would play some cool soccer in christmas.

I once red a 4 piece book on WW1. I cried many times, no homo. Shit was tough.

>Anglo thinks he has the right to complain when the war was your fault to begin with
You have blood on your hands filthy (((Anglo))) trash.

>was the most decorated Portuguese soldier of World War I and the only Portuguese soldier awarded the highest national honour, the Military Order of the Tower and of the Sword, of Valour, Loyalty and Merit on the battlefield instead of the usual public ceremony in Lisbon.

>Milhais was in charge of one of their Lewis guns on 9 April 1918. During Operation Georgette, when the German Army attacked his division, Milhais stood up with his Lewis machine gun defended against assaults by two German regiments by laying down intense fire, causing many German casualties.[4] He managed to cover the retreat of Portuguese and British alike despite coming under heavy attack himself.[1] He fired in all directions and stayed at his post until he ran out of ammunition. Finally, the Germans decided to go around and Milhais found himself alone in the rear of the enemy lines where he stayed for three days.[1] On the third day, Milhais, still carrying his Lewis, rescued a Scottish major from a swamp and the two reached Allied lines. Milhais was warmly welcomed, but being a modest man he did not say anything about his experiences. It was through the officer he had helped reporting the story to the British HQ and several other testimonies that his deeds become known.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aníbal_Milhais

bruh...

The worst part about WW1 was that it was fucking pointless and depleted German and Italian numbers so they were weak when WW2 rolled around.

Also if WW2 happened without WW1 for experience the superior German commanders would have took over Europe in a couple of weeks.

>No divide an conquer, just a WWI thread remembering those who died on both sides, fucking wars man.

>Paddy

What a surprise

Latvian Riflemen

Best WW1 memoir there is.

Putting the infant back into infantry

WW1 was a missed opportunity
the turks could have finally been expelled from anatolia and byzantium restored under Russia and the orthodox church
instead the assyrians, armenians, pontic greeks, and ionian greeks all got genocided

LMAO, you sick bastard.

Russia was crushed in the war, it was not going to happen

Jesus Christ, why is everyone even blaming us for some faggot killing the archduke and than Austrians getting autistic over Serbia not agreeing on one point in their shitty ultimatum. Austrians wanted war and were looking to expand on Balkan for forever, they just needed an excuse. Too bad we rekt 'em in the opening stages of the war.

>To win this war I'll bait the French to try and kill as many as I can while somehow at the same time keep our own casualties minimal

>check flag

ofc the white nigger ruins yet another thread

Reminder this made commanding officers shit their pants that they might not be able to order young white lads to murder each other anymore and they had to change the training to be all about breaking down the soldiers resistance and then conditioning them to shoot at human targets without thinking.

>those two guys who were either killed in action or just taking a nap and can't be fucked posing

germany is to blame

and britain and france for stopping russia from finishing off the ottomans in the 19th century

I don;t blame you. I just meant it was serbian nationalism that was the spark, not the real reason for the war

It was unironically caused by Racism.

Tanks marked as male or female referred to their weapons loadout, female tanks were equipped with machine guns and male tanks had cannons and heavier weaponry.

>says the eternal non-country