Why should people with less money pay a higher percentage of taxes than somebody with more money?

Why should people with less money pay a higher percentage of taxes than somebody with more money?

The rich pay the most taxes. I don't understand.

>He doesn't know about the loopholes and offshore accounts

LMAO

???

They don't?

people with more money benefit from laws more than people with less.
a walmart has more to lose from thieves than a guy living in an apartment.
a walmart uses the roads more than a regular guy.
a walmart is at higher risk of fire and has more to lose than a regular house.

The mind of a liberal

>being aware of corporate cronies avoiding taxes through legal loopholes is now partisan thought

lol my man

Why do liberals always say lmao if caps

>>He doesn't know about the loopholes and offshore accounts
Yeah, for the 1%. The top 20% still shoulder the majority of the tax burden.

Why should people with more money pay a higher percentage of their income in taxes then people with less money? At a fixed percentage the rich still would end up paying more. Seems to me that the progressive tax system exists to keep people from becoming wealthy, and thus more reliant on debt to finance big purchases. But that's probably just silly conspiracy theory my fellow goy.

Even with the loopholes, they still contribute more than the poor. In fact, the ultra poor contribute negatively to taxes.

I love how leftists always claim some phantom "loopholes" but can never specifically state what they are.

compensation for no argument

LMAO

Maybe if you actually wrote out a real post your gibberish would be clearer.
Mods are gods and I am grateful that they made explicit the already attaining forbidding of redundant threads BUT
The biggest problem here was not redundant threads, it is one-line writing prompt one-posts. This format allows a spammer to quickly bombard us with brainless spam and drive good threads off the board before they can be archived. The brainlessness of the non-discussion offends the character of the board.
Imagine trying to have a substantive discussion while surrounded by robots who constantly demand to know your favorite color. /s/ has a minimum thread set-up requirement -- you cannot demand that everyone else write your thread for you -- and Sup Forums needs one too.

No one should pay taxes

The poor make more use of government services.

Rich people send their kids to private schools, live in privately owned homes, pay for private health insurance plans, and live off of their own savings/investments when they retire.

The poor use public schools, live in subsidized housing, use medicaid for healthcare, and rely on social security or SSI when they're old.

This deserves a sticky

Because the poorer you are, the more of your income is being used for food and health

whereas very little of a rich man's income is going towards staying alive, so they can feasibly be taxed more

>They avoid paying taxes
>So we should raise taxes on them even more

Honestly it doesn't make a difference in this day and age. The rich are all rabid leftists who will freely spend their money on gibs and cultural marxist propaganda. Higher taxes on the 0.001% could be a useful tool for the Right to appease the working class and get some more money for the Wall or ICE or whatever else.

god wants the wealthy to have money.

Trump should tell compnaies to either pay the owed taxes and return offshore money or they will go to court and get them all arrested and jailed appropriately, and their companies taken over by an approved executive.

>they have more excess money, therefor we can take more of it away from them

While that is true in a practical sense, it's not an argument in favor of actually doing it. Not to mention, but high progressive tax brackets mostly squeeze people trying to get out of the middle class. Take it from my, I'm Canadian. A relative of mine is trying to save up for retirement and gets stuck paying 40% of his fucking paycheck to the government to finance Somali firefighters.

In dollar value. Yeah. But not percentage

because % doesnt fucking matter

if poor people are paying 10% right now, and rich people are paying 30% right now

why should poor people be mad if the taxes on the rich get reduced also to 10%

the poor people pay the exact same amount regardless of what rich people are paying, now the government is just smaller

why do you want to punish rich people for being rich?

Here's one:

There is a loophole for real estate taxes to help farmers. One thing rich people do if they own a lot of land is buy 5 cows, allowing them to file taxes as farmers and pay virtually nothing for all of their land.

Here's the Google method:

Create a holding company in Ireland, and sell all of your intellectual property to that holding company. Then, lease your own IP to your American companies. Now, any income you generate can be counteracted by you charging yourself more money. In America, you write all of your income off as expenses, and in Ireland, you pay virtually nothing on IP taxes.

Here's another, I call it the Trump method.

Create an LLC, and make yourself an employee of that LLC. Create a new LLC in a low tax country, and then have it buy your first LLC. Now, all your income comes though the first LLC, and passes directly to you, but it is considered the income of the second LLC, and is untaxed. Then, since your first LLC lost money, paying you and earning nothing, you can write this off your personal taxes, as a failed investment, and then use this to subsidize your other companies and lower your overall taxes.

Go look at a list of Trump's companies and count how many examples there are of two companies with nearly identical names. Often one will be named "Trump X LLC" and the other will be named "Trump X Holding Group"

this fellow
gives the emotional/practical reason

if one is gay for ancap, one would say you should pay for the services you consume. The rich do consume more services in the united states.

But Muh Welfare. Take a poor person. Do they care about what flag flies over their capital? No. Do they care about international trade? No.. they may have a cellphone, they may have a t.v., but they are not enjoying the goods that the wealthy do. The wealthy enjoy the service of u.s. military might and world policing.

So they win? Just let them be how they want?

It's not punishment.

This

Fuck poor people

its not necessary

if poor people dont pay a single dollar more of taxes, what do they care other than to punish the rich for being rich.......... or to use the government to take that extra 20% from rich people and redistribute it to them (which is theft)

>just let them be how they want

yep

Because we contribute more to the society that the fucking poor leeches.

Who cares. As long as more money is going to the government then they shouldn't care what percentage of someone's earnings were used.

Why? Why not consider people's circumstance?

Punish? You think taxes are punishment?

Flat tax is the way to go

How does that not make sense to you?

Then what? How does that gap in the economy get filled?

There has to be a plan.

They shouldn't. We should all pay the same percentage; 0%

Well. We do. So that's not an argument.

That just proves that the poor are poor and the rich are rich.

Not an argument. Taxes are a thing.

I don't think there's any reason to raise taxes on anyone. If you want to reduce the amount of taxes poor people pay I will support you 100% as long as you don't try to raise taxes on anyone else.

Not an argument. Slavery is a thing. Grow up and get over it you radical. (This is a satire of you)

>Not an argument. Taxes are a thing.
They shouldn't be tho.

Good boy

Tripfag kill yourself

Sure. I agree. But the wealthy pay a lower percentage. That's the issue.

But they are. So that's the discussion. You're making a new discussion.

>15 taxes that will make you say "fuck having hospitals and law n sheit"

We used to not have income taxes. Our founding fathers knew that putting a tax on a man's income is not constitutional, so they wrote it down in the constitution.

The poor people got together and voted that the top 1% earners should pay income taxes because they were rich.

The top 1% have money, they bribed the politicians so that anybody but them would pay this money. By this time the government had grown into a corrupted beast that could no longer survive without income taxes.

tl/dr: Poor people made this mess, they should pay more taxes.

The wording on your question makes the assumption technically incorrect. The overwhelmingly majority of taxes are paid by the wealthy, thus they pay a higher percentage of taxes.

What you meant to ask was, "Why should people with less money pay a higher percentage of their income as taxes than somebody with more money?"

However, they question also fails to recognize that taxes are on income, not wealth. If you wish to tax wealth instead of income, you would send every semi-wealthy person out of the country and destroy the economy.

The most informed question would be, "Why should people with lower incomes pay a higher percentage of their income as taxes than somebody with a higher income?"

As a matter of opinion, they never should. This is not an entirely popular position because a person with higher income may donate all of their annual income (or more) to charity in a given year, which would lead many to argue they should not pay taxes as they did not actually make money after charitable giving. The details as to why I find this argument wanting would take more than the remainder of this post in characters to explain, but by this point you're likely no longer reading my post anyway.

How would he make himself out as a suporter of protectionist policies if he dident

They pay a higher percentage of their income on average. There are, of course, exceptions who really take advantage of the tax structure to pay little or no taxes.

Those exceptions should not exist, even if their name is Bill Gates and they donate twice their income to "charity" in a given year.

So it is what it is and should be because it is?

No. Because I said percentage. You're talking total value.

Are you drunk?

it doesnt matter the %

if poor people pay the same amount why does it matter how much the rich are paying? no one wants to raise taxes on the poor, the difference between me and you is i dont want to raise taxes on anyone at all

if you watch this thumb long enough and go sort of crosseyed it'll start to look like a person bending over and spewing the cosmos out of its ass

See

>m-muh "facts"
YOU LOST stupid millennial sjw shill

Why should some retard complain about a situation that doesn't exist?