Religion to atheism to religion again

Does this ever happen to anyone else?

>raised catholic in a religious household
>became atheist at 13
>became edgy militant atheist at 16
>for the past couple of years, I have been swaying back and forth from religion to atheism and then back again

I'm 20 now. I feel like there's something to religion that atheism doesn't provide. I know deep down I don't believe in Christianity or any religion but I can't live with the negative world view that atheism brings.

Am I too dumb to be an atheist Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M4YP-4oZ3mI
youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw
youtube.com/watch?v=KFLIyX-J_-E
youtube.com/watch?v=0FmO2XKMe6g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I was raised by pagan larpers and considered myself an atheist up to 17
Joined the Catholic Church last year

Nah, I became atheist in my teens and now I wish I could believe in God. I would truly reform the glory of the Christ back in to this world, if it were not bullshit.

Going through a similar thing. I never considered my atheism negative though, nor do I dislike skepticism. But there is some kind of spiritual or natural need that atheism just doesn't provide for. Oh, and also the christian culture is pretty rad when you aren't shoving it down kid's throats and telling them they'll burn forever without jesus.

>Does this ever happen to anyone else?
Only to spazzy cucks like yourself.

You talk about this shit like it's a sport team. Do you actually have true faith in what you believe? Do you actually believe in and worship God? Or are you like the majority of Sup Forums in that you want to be a contrarian to atheists because of their cringey subculture?

>negative world view that atheim brings
Modern atheism, hedonistic nihilism, cultural Marxism - It's all the same poisonous world view that kills your soul. You'll end up a depressed suicidal mess hating the world and yourself. Have some self-worth instead and open your eyes to the continuous outpouring of evidence that a monotheistic God exists.

Pentecostal > Atheist > Orthodox

Read C.S. Lewis Peter Hitchens, Augustine of Hippo.
youtube.com/watch?v=M4YP-4oZ3mI

This. I want to believe in God but I just can't.

I know atheists have differing views on life but mine was always somewhat negative/nihilistic. Those who have a positive world view and are atheists are people I truly envy...

Why dont you come to the Satan?

JOS is a protip

I was raised mormon in a fundamentalist household. I stopped believing at 15 and four years later I still have panic attacks if I smoke pot or drink.

I also can't masturbate.

>people turn to God as they get older and start accepting their mortality.

To some it happens, to some it doesn't.

Some stay religious their whole lives, some people never were religious and never will be, most people will drift between believe and disbelief, or have their own personal interpretation that doesn't line up with scripture at all.

That's just life, brah

None of those user. I know I don't believe in god and I couldn't care less about atheist subculture. Atheism doesn't have an authority like religion does so atheists are all different.

I just feel like there's a void that can only be filled by religion/spirituality but it's something I've never experienced before. I was fine being an atheist for a few years and then this happens.

Exact same for me Finn bro

Be careful user, many catholics are atheists, including the current pope.

"Come to Satan bro"

"Be a Pagan"

"Jesus is a joke"

>Evidence that a monotheistic god exists

Explain

It only provides structure and a safe haven from libfags

How the banana perfectly fits into your hand, son. Jesus made it just for you.

What makes Pentecostal so much better than any other Evangelical believer baptism prorestant faith? Not speaking of the conventions etc, just the faith.

>the continuous outpouring of evidence that a monotheistic God exists

Join Kekism, desu.

Digits are power.

>be me
>raised christian, became atheist in the 8th grade
>"debate me, faggot" type
>hit high school, fall into nihilism, leftism, depression, edgy
>another year of cuckoldry
>another year goes by, considered myself a pantheist/panentheist, going more right
>kinda want to go back to my european roots, wanna practice paganism, kinda considering esoteric christianity, other things

what do, Sup Forums?

Crocoduck

>I feel like there's something to religion that atheism doesn't provide.

It's called Jewish control over your life.

Christianity was a Jewish ploy to topple Rome, and more generally, to focus people's attention away from nationalism and devotion to country. This "fedora" nonsense is just (((them))) trying to delegitimize atheism by associating it with neckbeard permavirgins-- and you're all falling for it.

There's a reason why Jews rarely if ever discuss the existence of god, and why they don't believe in heaven. That's why Jewish discussion of theology is just talking about morality as independent from magic sky daddy, because they know those things don't exist or at best they exist but don't matter at all.

Try as they might, top Nazi officials were unable to remove the destructive influence of Semitic religion from their country. It's up to you to carry the torch. Don't give in to the kikes.

Consider the following;

>Darwinism states that every physical aspect that makes up biological reality today, stems from the the selection of reproductive fitness.

>Reproductive fitness being, the ability to pass on your genes to the next generation(either by frequency, or surviving long enough to accomplish the task).

>This includes your greatest tool.... The bio-chemical neural reaction, that is your brain.

Now from the above conclusions we can discern this: Your brain isn't a truth analyzer, or even a particularly good pattern discerner.... But instead a device which has adapted to realize things(which may be truth or lies, who knows) to attain reproductive success.

Even those who don't want to reproduce, or who's direct motivations don't correlate with reproduction(love of science, truth, math, etc) are just malfunctioning instruments using individual aspects of their function with no basis besides helping getting their dick wet.

In short, what you interpret as "truth", isn't actually "truth", but feel good chemicals your brain pumps into itself when useful information for survival or reproduction is presented.... But neither of those are directly correlated or dependent on "TRUTH", but can just as easily be effective on the foundation of falsehood(yet they are the foundation of our entire brain).

That leaves us with two options.
>A) Embrace the absurdity(or don't, it's just as equal) and continue pretending that our impossible foundational reality is true

Or

>B) Acknowledge that not all of human reality is rational, and that something from beyond our fundamental consistent reality, allows us to perceive things beyound material truth
>(ex; math, music, beauty, absolute selflessness, etc...)

paganism is autistic faggot shit,go christian

>wanting to be a pagan

D
E
U
S

V
U
L
T

Pagans are fags that's why they got steamrolled so quick by Alpha Christians.

underrated

"We are true Europeans! Join us! Hail Thor!"

"hey this jesus guy who was hated by jews then and is still hated by them today and even calls them the "synagogue of satan" and who promoted non-degeneracy sure is suspicious he might be the jewish weapon to enslave us yeah hail odin let me just wank to my traps haha yeah"

Relax, you're too smart for atheism.

Have some interesting links, they will do you good buddy. Peace.

youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw

youtube.com/watch?v=KFLIyX-J_-E

youtube.com/watch?v=0FmO2XKMe6g

Hell isn't real. All will see heaven. Only Satan and his angels and death and the grave will be thrown into the lake of fire; total anihilation. Jesus (real name Yahshua) is real, the heavenly father YHWH (I AM) is real. God is pure consciousness, the nothing that contains all possibilies. God is Thought. Matter is information (light) + vibration (sound, voice).

The great lie: God is a demiurg and this world (matter) is evil.

There you have it. Might save you ten years of study. There's much, much more to it. But those are the basics.

Rejoyce. Peace! Yah bless.

jesus this is making me not want to be pagan lol

People turn to God as they get older and stop thinking like dumb kids.

"When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." (1 Corinthians 13:11)

This is the exact boat I am in right now. I go to church, bible study and I even pray. Though I'm not quite where I need to be. I do see why religion is important in society and I support it any way I can.

good goy

Still an atheist, but I would love to have legitimate faith.

[spoiler]I'm almost starting to legitimately believe in Kek[/spoiler]

Don't be so closed-minded you big sexy man.

YA MATE THOSE DAM CHRISTIANS ARE SO WEAK AND THATS WHY THEY EXTERMINATED US,KILL EVERY LIBERAL YOU KNOW WHAT IM SAYIN BUT ALL WHITES THAT WERE BEHEADED BECAUSE THEY REFUSED TO CONVERT ARE SUPER VALUABLE NOW

>dubs
fuck me, time to make a frog altar

The meek shall inherit the earth, youll see it when you're completely broken. There are just some people who have no faith and take the hard road. Like Thomas who wouldnt believe until shown.

Just generic monotheism though? I suppose the uncaused cause of everything is enough for me. Science-STEM education just solidified it all. Never understood how people can learn decades of science and not end up with unshakable faith. These are all the little miricles youre blind to, that you take for granted in the backdrop of a black sea of nothingness out there, the explained but not really when matter energy and xyzt space existing in the first place just shouldnt be possible without an uncreated creator.

>believing in a frog instead of going to church like a non-degenerate.

Here's a pic of your king Atheist.

usually when i thought of pagans i thought of sexy beasts like this

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

HITLER
HATED
PAGANS

I have never been more triggered in my life.

>those digits
your abrahamic god is pathetic desu,
cant even give digits

Same here, user, same here...I left my church at 15, went full insane (even studied satanism and voodoo) and then met a priest who helped me.

I had depression, now I focus myself on prayer anddoing good deeds. It's difficult, it's a challenge and all this is a way to run away and not think about myself nd my "selfish" miseries.

Living a good religious life is a good thing for you and those around you, just avoid "feel-good" churches and do not fall into the snars of modernism (in which feelings prevail reason, and the Lord's advice of being "shread as snakes and as innocent as doves" is often forgotten).

Indeed!

I've had the same happen to me. The thing atheism doesn't provide is a false sense of security. Atheism says "you will die and there is nothing after it." Religion promises an afterlife but with no evidence. Good luck OP

At any Pagan gathering you are likely to find.......

Christians are autistic.

This. In high school i was atheist. but after University I became Agnostic.

Studied biochemistry. and no it wasn't the complexity of life or evolution that did me in. It was astronomy and the study of the universe and both the theory of the big bang and possible ends for the universe.

The idea that there was a definite beginning to all matter in the universe and that there's no way to see past that. Made me think and realize there was no way to make a definite claim on anything.

I don't believe a book written by goat fuckers 2000 years ago is any gods word. But i acknowledge the role that religion has played in our history.

just call yourself an agnostic and call it a day jesus

It happens to cucks and weak willed faggots
So, you
>Inb4 le fedora LARPing meme
You faggots should be saying the exact same thing about leaving in the first place

>redpilled woke white men unironically wanting to join this...

>raised atheist
>slowly moving toward christianity
>????
>profit

How do I get off this path before it's too late and I'm completely believing in a man in the sky?

Well, religion, usually, promises one out of two possible afterlifes. Suffering in hell or living in paradise, all depending on your actions on Earth. So it's not like it's some magical place that you just get to go to for going to church, you have to work for it.

>I'm lazy and have no drive in my life beyond immediate pleasures
>god doesn't matter stop talking about it
>this is annoying me
>let me blaspheme jesus for good measure
You disgust me.

>I would do x
>If I wasn't y
kys mate

I'm still a atheist, but I'm much more measured in my understanding of religions now. Christianity led to naturalism, which led to science. It's objectively the best religion, outside of some far east meme's in Buddhism and Taoism.

>you have to work for it.
all you have to do is say "forgive me father, i fucked your wife but i accept jesus" right before you die and you're fine

>toodumb?

all you have to do is respect facts and not bullshit son
this makes for atheist
if you respect bullshit then you are part of the problem
you think you can just go around and this not be a problem but you would be very very WRONG

catholicism is a massive propaganda system of pain, guilt, and degradation that you are told that it is all your fault

and you want to go back to this because that is what your retarded family is still doing

so it's not about what is real or true but only makes you comfortable for your feefees
yeah on second thought you might be too dumb

>if you're agnostic you're automatically a hedonist yolo fag
neck yourself you retarded LARPer

Christianity literally stole half the stuff they have and do today from pagans so they would be releveant in these times

Pagans secretly hate Fascism and Hitler.

No, you have to genuinely believe in God and genuinely be remorseful for your sins. What you're referring to is the "everyone's a winner" version of it that is peddled by spastics and cunts who want a quick feel good without putting in any work.

>genuinely be remorseful for your sins
you can still fuck someone's wife and feel remorseful user, just make sure that remorse comes right before you die

>this makes for atheist
Not really. I respect facts yet I'm slowly moving toward religion. How do you reconcile this?

It doesn't matter what you say. I've already won. Perhaps if you had more drive in your life you could have posed more of a challenge.

Maybe being a fence-sitter and waiting for the answers to fall into your lap as you do nothing and stifle discussion isn't the best life choice for you.

But please, tell people to "neck themselves" as a defense mechanism when they bring up the crippling depression you're dealing with every day. Project your own struggles onto them and perhaps make it through another day without ending your own life.

Similar for me, but I've been atheist since I stopped believing in Santa Claus.

I'm not a theist yet, but that's the direction I seem to be going. Ever since high school (almost 20 years) I know of no one who thought about turning away from atheism and towards god, now I'm seeing a lot to that. I wonder why.

No, I don't.

There is the first death, the grave. It'll be just like sleep. Everything you are, all information containing (you) is stored tho.

Then there is the ressurection. God who is pure consciousness will materialize all information (just like the big bang) and you'll have a fysical body again.

Then comes the judgement and the second death. Judgement is all about your inheritance in the Kingdom of Heaven... an atheist will see heaven, but he will have to live with eternal shame and without inheritance. Those who did good deeds and had faith, will receive their inheritence according to their works.

(research the Boltzmann brain and think about the implications)

Only 144.000 will continue to live after the first dead in a spirit realm (pure consciousness being in pure consciousness). They will be the local rulers (under King Yahshua) of the Kingdom after the world is being re-materialized.

>But there is some kind of spiritual need that atheism just doesn't provide for.
Its because your society is built to gravitate people towards churches, banks, and schools.

>Those who have a positive world view and are atheists are people I truly envy...
Get a more comprehensive understanding of chaos and look into Chaos Magick.

You grow up to realize that a man needs to have a community and believe in something higher than himself. Atheists are edgy individualists until they realize they are all alone and without purposes

I know that because I'm going through the same phase, although I never really was an atheist as I always believed there is indeed an higher power

See how quick they deny it? Look at this damage control, it's almost immediate.

I'm similar to you in that I'm an atheist and miserable about it.

I was raised in a non-religious household and went to a public high school where the popular girls carried pipes and condoms in their purses. So I got the importance of religion and managed to avoid ever being a neckbeard edgelord.

Russelite Heretic, hellfire when you die. Your filth belongs in Hell.

>I know deep down I don't believe in Christianity or any religion

Once you get to this stage you'll never go back

>but I can't live with the negative world view that atheism brings.

This is just a temporary stage, eventually you won't give a shit and will just go on with your life.

Just come to Christ. Lay down your burdens at the foot of the cross and put your faith in God's Son.

"Come unto me all ye who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me for I am meek and lowly in heart and ye shall find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30)

Sure, you can fuck someone's wife. But if you actually lived according to the rules set out you wouldn't be fucking another man's wife. It's not all about getting some cushy afterlife, it's also about making life better here on Earth for yourself and for others. If a person can use their religion to make them a better person on Earth, not only for themselves but for those around them, what is the problem with it? For me, the value I see in religion comes not from some promise of afterlife but from the value it can bring in to the current life for the benefit of those around me.

Kek'd. Deus Vult friend.

No. Too dumb to accept Christ.

I also became a filthy atheist after being a member of the cult of Catholicism for 13 years. Then i actually read what Jesus said in the Bible, realized its not about crackers and faggoty hand motions, and accepted Christ.

Muslim > Christian > Muslim
for me

>wanting to be a mudslime
You are walking fuel for the fire of Hell.

Thank you for persecuting me. My reward will be in heaven. Peace.

Words on the internet constitute persecution now. You have your reward already you professional victim.

You even deny the cross of our Lord Jesus. Utterly disgusting and satanic.

did the same thing OP. But I came to the same understanding using logic and reason instead of emotion. Proved to myself that there was a creator of the Universe, decided that a supreme creator would likely interact with its people, then had to decide who it was. I came to the conclusion its the Christian God and his son jesus. If anyone wants to know more about my logical process, feel free to inquire

Yeah I have.
>raised catholic
>became atheist
>would be edge.jpeg on the internet
>realized that was gay as fuck then stopped
>had little signs here and here that brought me back to grace
Feels bretty good m8, especially being as we moved here from Glasgow and have sectarian violence sowed in our DNA. Mon the hoops.

So soros will never feel the burning of hellfire? All those pedos, everyone will go to heaven?

Words carry meaning and intent. If you knew your bible, you should know that.

I never denied the cross or Yahshua. I'm not even a "russelite". You're just projecting your preconvictions onto me.

Matthew 21:31 "Which of the two did the will of his father?” They said, “The first.” Jesus said to them, “Truly, I say to you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes go into the kingdom of God before you."

Tell me more.

Nobody stands up in the morning thinking about what evil they can do today. We might not agree with Soros, but everything he does, he does because he believes it is good - it is something he really believes in.

Nobody deserves everlasting torture in eternal hellfire... it makes God a Demiurg, which is exactly what the freemasons (adepts of the mystery teachings) believe. It's the great lie.

Read Carl Gustav Jung & Joseph Campbell.

Humans evolved to function best with working worldviews based on Mythology & Religion. Without this, you are an empty vessel for the jew to manipulate.

My penis fits perfectly in my hand too

I looked at possible beginnings to the universe. Being a programmer, the complexity of it amazed me to no end and the perfection in the programming of reality astonished me. The way physics work, the system of data and objects that is matter and energy, the perfection of the coding language that is genetics, the neural networks inside the brain, all of it blew me away when I stopped to ponder. So I looked up some mathematics to estimate the probability of randomness being the cause. Slim to none (I have a copypasta saved with it laid out. So from there, I looked at the odds of evolution being random and forming organ systems simultaneously such as the nervous and optical, impossible. From there I admitted there was a creator. Then I had to decide who it was. Raised in a Christian home, having left my roots to become atheist between the ages of 16-20, my first look was in the Bible, naturally. So what ways could I find evidence? The two I decided upon were historical and prophetic. Historically inarguable, the Bible was too accurate to ignore. I shook that off quickly as a possibility of historic accuracy with added fiction. So I turned to prophecy. There I was sold. Gonna (cont) because character limit has to be getting close

He doesnt do it because he thinks its good, he does it to make the numbers on his bank account bigger. Those kind of kikes are pure evil And they fucking know what they're doing is evil. Maybe not eternal hellfire, but just a lil bit of hellfire please. Think of the children

Meant for