Is athiesm degenerate?

is athiesm degenerate?

I have a conservative outlook on the world but I'm incapable of believing in any kind of God. should I be thrown from a helicopter?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_comparative_mythology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why would Christianity be the righteous religion when their are many others?

Pascals Wager

Is bullshit, if god existed do you think he'd be so easily fooled ?

Yes.
liberal christians>"conservative" atheists

no its not unless you are a fedorafag

I just read up on Pascal and the wager

he says that I should go to church and pretend to be religious anyway. if I do this it will change my brain and make me religious.

Yeah, but pascals wager was written from the perspective of a doubtful christian. It never considers the fact that there have been literally millions of different faiths and gods worshiped throughout human history.

Pascals wager makes sense if you believe that just acting moral (as subjective as that is, but the golden rule tends to stand out in most faiths though) is enough to get you into whatever heaven might exist, but if you believe that God/Gods would be pedantic enough to care about you doing all of the arbitrary ritualistic stuff then the odds are you're screwed.

What if god only let's atheists into heaven though?
Pascall's wager only makes sense if you know for a fact that if there's a god he only lets people who worship him into heaven.
If that would be the case I'm sure you could do a reasonable analysis on which religion has the worst afterlife punishments for people who are not of that religion and take that gamble
It'd be a shitty gamble because there are thousands of different religions and sects, and the odds of the correct one being dead are pretty damn yuge, but it's better than not taking that wager
If god doesn't chose who gets to heaven based on who worships him, then you can do whatever the fuck you want, because it really doesn't matter

tl;dr Pascalls Wager is shit

is belief in god somehow needed to achieve conservative ideals? it seems silly. I'd like to work together but obviously I don't want to join forces with people that plan to kill me.

>Incapable of believing
Then you live a sheltered life with no impactful experience of good or evil.
Belief is a choice, not a feeling.
The primal sin of Lucifer was pride.
The sin of pride is not about feeling proud of something.
Pride is placing yourself above God.
You can't Tower of Babel your way to God, you humbly accept God coming down to you in the form of Jesus Christ.
There is no other way, the rest is built on this fact.

Saya that the existence of God cannot be decided by evidence. It is not proof you should believe. It's equally likely I go to hell for being religious than I go to Heaven.

Prophecy. Life. Death. Resurrection. Martyrs. Gospels. The Church. Truth.

Liberation Theology is atheistic Communism with an aesthetic mask of Christianity. Look it up.

>Everything God ans Spiritual is American Protestantism

it's all so tiresome.

I blame Bill Cooper for bringing over American Protestant cultists into the conspiracy scene, it's all went downhill from there.

you can't be a liberal while being a christian. or at least, not for long.

It doesn't have to be. The atheist "movement" is most definitely degenerate. But an atheist can come to the same conclusions as conservative Christians on most issues purely by reason. You just have to be aware that all atheists who are "liberals" are religious and superstitious, because liberalism and "social justice" is a religion with dogmatic and irrational beliefs. Calling yourself an atheist doesn't make you free or enlightened. So as long as you are redpilled, have conservative values, believe the Christian heritage of the West should be preserved, and dismiss fedora-tier atheists, being an atheist doesn't make you a degenerate.

the fear of the lord is the beginning of wisdom

>I'm incapable of believing in any kind of God

You just got too hung up with Logical Posotivism and Materialism.

Try this

Take the faithpill OP. See image.

Nihilism is degenerate, and belief in God is a good vaccine for nihilism. If you can be an atheist without becoming a nihilist, though, you're not degenerate.

Yes.

another of those end of world bullshit

Now that's some grade-A conspiratard bullshit.

OP: Faith of some kind can be healthy as long as it doesn't inhibit rational thought. The issue with the abrahamic religions as an example is how they try to be totalitarian. They say flat out that you don't get free will unless you do X and Y. At least some of the more diffuse religions say "be good and be rewarded", no demand of worship.

If any polack is trying to tell you Christianity is the only answer, consider them to be just slightly less of an atheist than you. They've thrown away thousands of other gods as well.

You want to post a version made up of more than eleven pixels?

In answer to OP, not necessarily. Atheism which is used an an excuse to act immorally is degenerate. Atheism which is used to act morally on the basis of human - human empathy is arguably better than moral acts under the name of religion, as they are achieved for their own sake rather than because an all powerful God told you to.

The links are there so you can prove it wrong.
Because you can't. Btfo in one image.

>athiesm
It's"atheism", you're obviously dumb enough to be a Christian.

How is nihilism related to being a theist? You could still believe in a god and feel life is baseless as it's derived from some other entity and not from humankind itself?

I get how religion can keep nihilism away, but any other thing that makes you look at life differently would as well.

it led to america being created, which had pretty good values until the kikes infected it.

Attached is voting intention by belief. Notice how atheists and Jews are virtually identical.

If you allow people to think that atheism is acceptable you get moral degradation, communism, identity politics, etc. Things that directly enables Islam.

You should fight the enemy within with the same vigour that you fight the enemy without.

You might get faggots replying to this post saying 'hurr well I'm a red pilled atheist I voted for Trump', well how is that any different from Abdul from Syria saying 'I'm not like those other muslims, I'm moderate'? Stereotypes exist for a reason, and evidence dictates atheists are social poison.

I don't doubt that the stellar images are true, but what you're inferring is still just on one of the links, a highly dubious one at that. That site again derives its conclusions from the bible so no, nothing to "debunk".

You're forgetting the evidence and scholars that support the story of Jesus

>His birth
>His teachings
>His followers
>His baptism
>His arrest
>His death

All without a doubt happened as the Bible states.

That all means that the multiple prophecies written (according to historical scholars) centuries before Christ was born all happen to be correct on the time, place, and person.

>let me guess: lucky guesses ayyylmao

Damn, /x/ got nothing on Sup Forums when it comes to bullshit like this.

Abrahamic religions are degenerate.
If you want to be religious at least choose something European

Except other characters from other times and religions did what jesus allegedly did: Birth, death, "miracles".

Pascal's wager has been debunked.
If there was only one monotheistic religion Pascal's wager would stand.

> Atheism
> Directly enables islam

uwotm8?

I'd rather see you all abrahamic mouthbreathers burn.

Here we go again. Christianity saves Europe for millennia, and now the heathens come out wishing they were the ones who stopped the Ottomans and Arabs.

PS: Heathens and pagans destroyed Europe. Europe was at it's zenith under colonial Christian rule.

because /x/ is bunch of retards who are so sexually inexperienced they try to summon a demon to suck their dicks

This is all getting political, and that wasn't the question.

Is atheism inherently degenerate? No. Can it be misused? Of course, everything can.

Coming from a US resident, the most pious yet uncultured country in the west.

It's the least you could do for your contribution to the fall of Rome.

Not really, but feel free to cite sources. Primary sources, not something found in a zeitgeist YouTube video.

>Pascals Wager

Pascal's Wager is for simpleton fools.

>Christian
>Conservative
Choose one.

To understand the value, you have to examine the political and the social.

Jordan Peterson lays out that religious people have higher conscientiousness. It can also create social cohesion, like when the Arabs united to create the empire that assailed Europe for over 700 years before dismantling and being replaced by other collectivist islamist states.

Atheism is degenerate because it does not cultivate a sense of self on a fundamental level. Thomas Aquinas said some good things about this, but the pragmatism that is left to an atheist is essentially a one man race to the bottom of a moral track.

Now, theist implies believing in a God, but any spiritual practice is better than none. I happen to believe that Christianity is the best. Some people prefer internalization of value rather than externalization, so for those Buddhism might be the best. It's actually ego that determines in western culture which path one will go. The self absorbed tend for internalization.

Nihilism is of course degenerate.

But since i didn't found the religion that would match my beliefs, i'm deistic. At least it preserves my sanity

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_comparative_mythology

>inb4 wikipedia isn't a source
>87 cited sources you can look at

Again, you're just going to discredit everything because it doesn't fit your narrative so it must be false.

jesus didn't steal from hard working people to pay all those sick people did he you enormous kike.

>tfw atheist, was catholic born and raised
>family never did much churchgoing; basically nonpracticing Catholics
>Can't really believe in god, probably because I have aphantasia
I hate this feeling of everyone being able to turkey feel something except for me. I could always lie to myself and just force myself to believe, but at the end of the day I know I don't really believe it.
Feels bad

>Coming from a US resident, the most pious yet uncultured country in the west.

Non country, non opinion.

Which was what exactly? Heathens were plundering Europe from the inside out and left nothing of value. When the Christians finally conquered them it was justice.

It literally says in the Bible that to earn food one must work.

There's a passage in Luke where Jesus tells his followers to sell their cloaks and buy swords.

Jesus was republican as fuck.

So you're obsessed with the monomyth. That tells us more about you than it does Christianity, much less religion.

all these appeals to morality, atheism is degenerate or makes you less moral etc....Yes yes this is true, but nots an argument for objective truth, just a desired path.

You seem to be implying that most people who are sick and/or on food stamps don't also work, which is nonsense.

If you're German and you vote with the Christian Democratic Union, what happens then?

Atheism can certainly be used as an excuse by someone who simply wants to do as they please, but it's obviously not universal. You can't really blame atheism for it either, as immoral people will always find an excuse to be immoral. If one doesn't already exist, they'll just create one whole cloth.

What I'm really interested in is if religion protects one from charlatanism because you have two outcomes when dealing with other occult practices. From the harmless fortuneteller to books promising you can summon shit to do your bidding and voodoo dolls sold right on novelty store shelves. Either it's fake and you just lost your money, or it's real and you stepped in to things way over your head that you don't understand. Even something as idiotic as a Quija board can get really out of hand. I (proper) Christian will naturally avoid them.

Nihilism is the only truth path.

have you accepted jordan peterson as our lord and savior?

and if you 'make yourself believe' because its the more moral path, then enjoy lying to yourself, cognitive dissonance says hello

if they're hard working they should have saved up money and borrowed from friends instead of holding the nation at gunpoint through the government and collecting the money by force.

welfare is a niggers way of robbing you legally.

nihilism is the cold, hard, unwanted, but true reality.

>muh history
>muh scholars

Why weren't The Pyramids mentioned in the Exodus, a book where Egypt is mentioned six hundred times?

You should be thrown from a helicopter twice.

both religion and atheism are equally degenerate, its the position and opposition around same vague concept that no one defined properly, like never.
Neutrality on the issue (aka dont give a fuck) is the way to go for now.

Christ alive, thank you for actually having an opinion you're prepared to back up with reason rather than just insulting me.

I was brought up a Christian and still identify with the Christian church, despite not believing in its deity. Perhaps this means I'm unusual, but I believe that anybody, if they engage in enough meaningful thought, can come to similar conskusions as I have.

It can definitely be seen that religious people have a higher conscientiousness as an atheist has to start at the absolute beginning again and work their way forwards to avoid coming to a conclusion which is based around a religious assumption. This is time consuming and tricky, so many people don't bother. I would argue, however, that the inability of many people to understand atheism for what it can represent, due to their lack of discipline, interest or time, doesn't take away from the core values that atheism offers.

Call me a deconstructionist if you will, but I actually really hated that part of my personal transition from religion to atheism.

The atheistic sense of self is a tricky one to come to terms with because it suggests that we exist purely as a cosmic coincidence, and that's not very appealing. However, we should not avoid an idea about the truth of reality just because it isn't appealing. We're evolutionarily programmed to want to survive and reproduce, so naturally we assume there must be a reason. I don't think there is one. This could be seen as a depressing realisation, but I choose to look at it differently. If it doesn't matter, in the grand scheme of things, what I do, why don't I enjoy life while I still have it and help others to feel the same?

Religion = Jewish retardation

>I proper Christian

I mean A. Fuck.

Btw I'm typing this on my phone so sorry if I make some spelling errors or take a while.

Yes as all human societies are based around religion. Thats why Marxists target religion duo heavily

*so

How embarrasing.

I'm not trying to sound like an edge-lord but religion is good for motivating a bunch of stupid, selfish people, into working together as part of a community. It creates incentives for individuals to contribute to the greater good because they think in the end they'll be rewarded "for eternity" or w/e. It doesn't matter whether you personally believe in religion, but advancing Christian values (not degenerate religious like Islam) can benefit you indirectly.

Hierarcy, not necessarily religion. Marxism just aims to replace religion with a cult-like adoration for the marxist overlords. (North Korea)

If you wrote a bible about today's times would you mention these things at all?

The fake "Egyptologist" Gerald Massey and the "scholars" Stanley Porter and Stephen Bedard do not count as PRIMARY sources. Neither does Wikipedia.

Do you understand what a primary source is exactly?

Once again, give a primary source that shows the facts surrounding the life of Jesus of Nazareth were copied from "earlier pagan sources".

You can't because they don't exist.

I don't dismiss these claims because they do not agree with my beliefs, I dismiss these claims because they are bogus, incoherent, and patently false.

Atheists who spout this line, based on nothing that resembles an actually fact, and then defer to "science" and scholarship and "actual research" are hypocrites at best and delusional idiots.

>Hierarcy
yeah in a christian nation a mans duty is to himself, his family and then his neighbors

which is the best way for a nation to thrive.

Are you being serious right or just taking the piss for the sake of it?

Just the majority, and mostly for convenience rather than absolute necessity.

But hey, I'm just telling you what the good lord said.

Interesting take. You're one of the rare atheists, that's for sure.

I'm not trying to proselytize you, but what lead me back into Christianity was the realization that Jesus was the "new man". An example that could redeem wayward men. Not just that, but Christianity stems from traditions going back to ancient Babylon and Persia. As far as I can tell, there are things that line up between the Bible and other religions like the Greek "Theogony and Works and Days" by Hesiod. In Genesis, it talks about God arriving on the "face of the deep" and Hesiod talked about a "deep chasm" in the beginning. I think the ancients were rationalizing about something we can't yet empirically prove, but are on the verge of doing so. I think that's when enlightenment will be achieved.

Existentialism seems to be a super popular perspective for atheists on this board and in the alt right especially and I'm not sure why. People struggling for identity and purpose maybe? IDK, but there's more to religion than that.

Did you want a full anthology and personal history of each citizen as well? Even if they did mention the Pyramids, you'd be complaining about a lack of Sphinx mentioning.

Weak argument. Didn't even refute your opponents points.

You're basically right. Should we dredge up that video that btfo's that argument?

Being a christian for me is about realizing how christianity promotes a strong family unit by abstaining from degeneracy, a strong family unit is the backbone of civilization and without it we would all give into our hedonistic nature and society would collapse. Doesn't matter if you believe in god or not. I promote christianity to all my (((atheist))) friends even if I myself don't believe in the christian god.

Suck my dick, OP. Praise Kek, cuckservative of shit.

> a full anthology and personal history of each citizen as well?

>compared to the Pyramids

> Even if they did mention the Pyramids, you'd be complaining about a lack of Sphinx mentioning.

Why are you just straight up putting words in my mouth?

Weak argument? Why can't you provide a straigh answer without all these deflections then, if it is so weak?

There's nothing wrong with being an atheist except when you start thinking you're automatically better than people who are not. If you say there is no God as a positive statement of fact though, well that makes you a fool. That's not okay. Well it is, because you can say whatever the Hell you like, it's a free fucking country but I know whenever anybody says there is no God it means they think they know more than they do. That is arrogance and it signifies a weakling.

Here, hold my hand:
>You said the Bible is invalid in it's circumspection of history because it did not include specific monuments in a specific country completely unrelated to the Jewish and Christian history
>We point out that your request is invalid, because it has no contextual significance whatsoever
>You don't get that we've already answered you, insist there is a deflection at play

There is no deflection. What you're asking for is so utterly irrelevant it does not matter. It has no place in a Biblical argument. If you asked about a monument pertaining to Christian history, or related to the exodus for example, that would be something.

You reached for straws, and gave us an argument made of straws.

And before you ask it, no the pyramids did not and do not have ceremonial significance, and if they did they would have been included. They were not incorporated into Christian belief, so it's silly you wonder why they aren't mentioned.

The Bible is about history,lineage, morals, and lessons. Not about spectacles of the ancient era for the sake of immensity or complexity.

Most religion is dehumanizing and cynical in nature, with people thinking and living their lives in accordance to the dictation of a deity who has never shown compassion or self-sacrifice. Greek mythos comes to mind. The Greek gods were meant to be personifications of nature, capricious, cruel, and quick to bring low a human who was not aware of his or her own shortcomings. I think Nietzsche had a point here about slave moralities.

Christianity is unique in that its god literally came to earth, lived as he wanted his followers to live, and then suffered and died on their behalf. It's a religion of love and self-sacrifice.

I'm no longer a religious person myself, but if I had to pick something that I was inclined to believe was absent from most non-western and non-religious people, "love" would be one of those things. They use the term, or their languages' equivalents, but they don't have any romantic concept of it. In India, women no doubt say they love their children, even as they pop out 20 of them in the hopes of one of them being smart enough to go to the us, get an education, and support her and the rest. I'm sure most participating Muslims claim to love their child brides too.

pretty easy to debunk. the claim is 2017-09-23. meaning if it happens, it happens. otherwise wrong interpretation.

You don't need the opiate of the weak minded and the stupid, which makes you slightly better than average if you can avoid sliding into the replacement religions like sjw stuff. So don't let yourself be thrown out of a helicopter unless you are into that

>Jews supposedly held in captivity in Egypt as slaves
>construction of Pyramids
>completely unrelated to the Jewish and Christian history

>The Bible is about history,lineage, morals, and lessons.

When it's not a historical argument that somehow omits key details about places they """historically""" took place in, right?

>You reached for straws

I asked a concrete question and all i received in return was: 1) a fedora meme, 2) dishonest equivocation 3) deflecting, shifting goalposts and rationalizations from you personally.

i honestly don't know how to handle this, it just dawned on me how fucking dishonest American Protestans are, and how just like Jews and SJWs they are willing to jump to ANY argument to protect their Jewish fibs.

I thought we already established religion is for low openness and high conscientiousness?

Religious folk are the master race of stability and order.

That is just an online Bible. Of course everything would be from the Bible on the Bible site.

lel, what?

Why the fuck would the pyramids be mentioned?

Interesting. I'm still not sure where the deflection is.

So you're argument is that it was Jewish slaves that built the pyramids, and that's why it should be in the Bible? Is that right?

It's because the God we all know about is a jewish fictional deity

doesn't mean you should be athiest :^)

Is X degenerate?
>If X is true, then how come Y? Checkmate Z.

No its religion. They want to replace it with the state

God is Truth & Love. Be a Rationalist Christian, dig deeper, be an Athiest who is well educated on biblical teaching, and look for the hidden meanings that aren't so magical. Lots wife was turned into a pillar of salt, so to speak (not literally, dummy)

I don't think Jews built the pyramids desu it was the same giants that built Macchu Pichu's foundation stones with iron staples and stuff in it. No way 6-5 foot guys can haul the blocks.

You list 3 over the many other people who have looked into this, also disputing their legitimacy without explaining why. A bible written in retrospect is an "accurate" account and for some reason we can trust the "historical scholars" you mention without citing sources?

You can't hold another standard on others while doing the same faults yourself.

Horus died and was resurrected as jesus, considering his (jesus') birth according to the gospel is around the winter solstice, a date not surprisingly important to other religions in which sun gods are worshiped. (That includes Horus)

To me it seems like the abrahamic faiths are more parasitic and appropriating than prophetic but that's just me.

Giants?