Funeral home sales practices place high cost on grieving families

>thestar.com/news/canada/2017/03/10/funeral-home-sales-practices-place-high-cost-on-grieving-families.html

>cbc.ca/news/business/funeral-home-camera-1.4003921

I am a funeral director working in Ontario.

The Toronto star (the most read newspaper in Canada) just released an article describing experiences with the Funeral Sector and the sleazy business practices being committed by those employed at these Corporate funeral homes. CBC has run an article as well in preparation for their cable news CBC market place story that will be aired tonight which will include funeral horror story's as well as hidden camera footage of some of these sleazy Toronto Funeral directors.

This is going to cause a media chain reaction, (because the media are copy cats like that) and needless to say "will start the fire".

I can answer any questions you have regarding the funeral sector from my experience.

Sage and report larper threads

Fuck off?

Their business practices are pretty sleazy. They exploit people when they're vulnerable and overcharge heavily for services provided.

Sage for LARP

This isn't really new though.

I'm curious how you got your job though

Sage and report ama and larp threads

It is nothing new, this has been going on for literally almost ever.

The government only started to crack down on some of this shit in the early 90's, they created a Funeral Board to regulate the industry as well as creating legislation.

That backfired because all of the majour funeral homes captured the Funeral Board and used it to further the protectionism.

The Funeral Board was corrupt as fuck, allowing all this shit to go on; and was liquidated last year and turned into the new BAO (bereavement authority of Ontario)

Every province has its now funeral board. Lets face it the Ontario one is the only one that matters.

The worst are the majour funeral homes situated in and near Toronto.

THOSE

FUCKING

TEETH

How many of them are Jews?

The Jewish run their own funeral homes.
They are regulated under the same Funeral Acts, but only service the semites.

There are Jewish representative on the funeral board (one for every major religion) but they only care about their market.

My Dad died and they tried to jew the fuck out of my mom, I ended up taking care of everything though I really wish people weren't such fucking Niggers to older folks makes my blood boil.

Anyways where does the cost come from? It can't be that much stuffing someone with chemicals making them look nice keeping them in a room for a day and then burning their asses.

>tfw took career exam
>top option was funeral director

Justifying the price is honestly the hardest part of my job, because I do not 100% agree myself with the prices.

Most of the cost comes from service fee's, our actual labor.

A proper embalming takes about 5 hours, its a hell of a process; but straight forward on a regular case (can get a little complicated if not).

Funeral Homes pull some of their costs out of their ass, often telling families some things are 'required' even though they are not.

Embalming is NEVER required for direct cremation. If someone tells you that laugh, because they might believe it themselves.

In the case of a large visitation I recommend embalmbing, especially if its taking place awhile following the death. Watching your grandmother purge from ever or-face of her body is not really the last thing you want to see, or smell.

With the Funeral Industry you are trying to justify the costs of actions taking place behind the curtain out of public view. Many people want to know why transporting the body is not as simple as calling a cab.

Truth is everyone else if forced to keep up with inflated prices or face closing down. The top dogs set the price standards for the industry, many places pride themselves on undercutting the competition.

You can get two cremations at my place for the price of one from the bastard across the street for example. Why is he so expensive? because people still fall for it.

Unless you have some kind of connections in the industry I do not recommend hopping into it.

It is a rigorous schooling process, and depending on where you are in Canada can be almost impossible to secure an internship for your second year of college.

Getting hired at a funeral home after that is another issue, not many Funeral Homes are willing to take on a newbie full time when they still have experienced staff, and also more experience funeral directors looking for work.

The Funeral Homes are hurting. Traditional funerals are on the slope down and direct cremation is starting to take the market by force, especially in larger populated areas.

Truth is no one has $10,000 to spend on a Funeral anymore. Many people around here dont even have $3000 for the cremation.

I can give a bit more info into the schooling process in Ontario if you would like. Where are you from?

Is the funeral world sleazy?

Thought you might give us the inside scoop considering that is your job.

Got a more specific question?

Funeral industry can be the bunch of most caring bastards in the world. I am in this industry to genuinely help people and I am really happy that my business model is set up so I don't have to over price to make a living.

This is something that would get me fired pretty quick at say 'Turner & Porter', a massive funeral home chain in the GTA.

Its all commissions and up selling over there, if you are not profitable you will be let go. That is the mind set of these bigger Funeral conglomerate.

The next 20 years is going to be the BIGGEST boom in probably the history of the funeral industry. All the baby boomers are about to start dropping, and after that things will start to slow down big time.

And let me tell you, the boomers do not want traditional funerals. Its all going to be direct cremation, and whoever can provide direct cremation with funeral home tier service but transfer service prices will be the new tops of the industry.

>The Toronto star (the most read newspaper in Canada)
stopped right there homes, 2/10 bait

>one of the most read

Have fun getting scammed desu

So what's the cheapest way to not get scammed?

Cremation?

definitely.

If you are Ontario and you pay more then $3000 for a cremation, then you got scammed.