WHO CAME UP WITH THIS RETARDED SHIT

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_leaf
thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/emblems-of-canada/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_sovereignty_movement#Rest_of_Canada
youtube.com/watch?v=s0CvSIhF_tA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Thank the French fags

This, the old flag was too "british" for them and their commie buddies.

one of you female leafs post some timestamped titties.

it's all youre good for.

It's honestly not even that bad

At least you're not India, they have an anus on their flag

LEEFS

dont worry about it, itll change to a star and crecent within the decade.

>he thinks that French people would be happy having the flag of the UK being the most prominent feature of the flag

A

Flashback to 1992 when multiculturalists and liberals were saying 'canada will never drop below 90 percent white':

>Canada will never drop below 90 percent white
>Canada will never drop below 85 percent white
>Canada will never drop below 80 percent white
>Canada will never drop below 75 percent white
You are here, racist
>Canada will never drop below 70 percent white
>Canada will never adopt islam as a national religion
>the year is 2046, takbir

At least its not a star of David........ for now.

Just change your flag to the quebec flag. The rest of Canada sucks anyway outside Frenchietown

WOW GUYS IT REALLY REPRESENTS EVERYONE

Good let the whites be conquered, what goes around comes around.

Well on the plus side, think about the free fertilizer western lands are going to get from the blood & decay of flesh. Even more trees / leafs.

>he is ok with minorities calling the shots

This

They know the opposition will say that white % is falling and so to calm them down they tell it isn't gonna happen. So thst way they shut up.

Much like when the global market fell the last decade, a lot of people were saying the market was never gonna fall and the prices of houses would never fall. And just look.

>minority's feelings over rule the majority

really made my dink hard

I agree it will come around one day to this again

When God called all the nations of the world to come and chose a flower to represented them, the canadian delegate got stuck in snow and arrived late. When he finally made it to the meeting, there were no flowers left.

Instead of letting him going back to Canada empty handed, Jesus decided to randomly pick into the pile of garbage left and pulled a maple leaf. Canadians were pissed but didn't want to offend Jesus so we pretend to like it and put it on the flag.

So the legend goes. Now you know.

>butthurt chink whose dad is smoking opium
>butthurt chink still mad that anglos wanted some fucking teaLEAFS
>pic unrelated

Please no, the English speakers of this country already steal enough of our symbols and try to make them their own.

>I oppose the separation of Quebec, but French Canadians should also not have any voice in the government of this country

OK there LARPing faggot

Wasn't the maple leaf a symbol used by some francophone tribe in the early days of settlement? The national flag has frog all over it.

>strawmanning and projecting this hard

Who the fuck wants a bunch of welfare crackheads who can't talk properly?

>oh shit he blew the fuck out of my argument better shitpost.

lol

You're an embarassement to society

children, please.

No, New France only ever used French symbols like the fleur-de-lys on its flags.

Some flags also had Catholic symbols like the Sacred Heart, but no leafs as far as I know

>he considers his anti-French shitposts to be arguments

Actually, the flag was changed to this last year

I didn't mention the french at all, I said minorities, which the quebecois are. Also they aren't french, french people are white, not swarthy black haired mongrels.

Your bait, much like your culture, is total shit

Or wait, was it non-existent?

>bait
>shill
>anti-french

Why won't you address the argument? Why does it matter if minorities are represented on the flag?

At the beginning of the eighteenth century, the settlements located in New France had attained a population of about 18,000. By this time, the maple leaf had been adopted as an emblem by the French Canadians along the Saint Lawrence River.[1]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maple_leaf

LEAFS LMAO

You may have a leaf but at least its one of the nicer looking leafs.

I like calling them maple niggers because of it

No one outside Quebec is against the separation. If we got to vote, you would have stopped being part of Quebec years ago. That's one of the differences between Quebec and the rest of Canada, most English people don't want Quebec to be Canadian.

Also, if you guys are so great, why are you fucking leaches? You pay $2 billion to the government and get over $12 billion in gibs. Fucking welfare faggots.

I'm skeptical of this since I've read things contradicting this in other books. I think the source might be mistaken, since in this case it's a citation of a citation of a book, which, if I search for the online version, does not include anything about the maple leaf as a symbol among the French colonists

Hey friend, not sure if you're new or what but you should never argue with Quebec posters. They're 10x as aggressive, stupid, and 100x as autistic as the average leaf.

I thought it was to honor the toronto maple leafs

It's to appease separatist sentiment. If we don't get more out of Canada than we give in, why not leave?

I love arguing with them because they make the dumbest anglo seem smart.

HAWAIIAN PIZZA

Be grateful with what you have, it could be worse

Fair enough, shit tires me out though. There was a thread seriously discussing the cooperation between provinces in times of war/civil unrest and the fucking frogs would not stop complaining.

>we will never help you
>fuck Canada, fuck the English language
>haha all that welfare & tax money is cool tho

I wish the referendum passed just so they could have a different flag on this board. Les Grenouilles sont le cancer

Actually, as I read through the article, you're partially right, except the maple leaf was only used as a French symbol from the early 19th century onward, not the 18th century

I just took a gander in my college book "A history of Canadian Peoples" and they don't even have maple leaf listed in the index. Amazing how a national symbol can have such little info written on it

>tfw the Maple Leafs logo has a better leaf than the flag

Maybe because the country was founded as a compromise between two different peoples?

Nice edit faggot.

The red ensign will fly once again, and it will be washed with the blood of traitors.

>one of which is completely uncooperative

Hmmm

You were actually partly right, but your timeline (and the timeline on wikipedia) was off, this is an online version of the original source:

thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/emblems-of-canada/

>No evidence exists that the maple leaf was viewed as a Canadian emblem before the early 19th century. The first known written mention of the maple as an emblem of Francophone Canadians was within an epigram in a 29 November 1806 issue of Le Canadien addressed to its rival English newspaper, the Mercury

>When describing his visit to Québec City in 1847, Lord Elgin wrote that the president of the St-Jean-Baptiste Society wore ``the maple leaf, the Canadian French Emblem.” But already the maple leaf had become an emblem of the two Canadas.

It's even got a cucked backstory; during the Suez crisis ragheads got butthurt our flag had a union jack on it, so Pearson decided we needed a new one.

Not a single canadian I talk to can come up with a reason why the quebecois should stay. We have the northern passage, we can also control the st lawrence outlets. We have the west coast. There is literally no reason I can think of to want them to stay.

Liked it as a kid, hated it as an edgy teen, now I'm back to liking it again.

Maple trees are basically a weed here, you can't avoid them. Black maples can grow into really twisted, grotesque forms as they age, so that's cool.

Would you rather have the Union Jack on our flag like those oceanic cuckolds?

Having another nation's flag on your is the definition of cucked

>try to mediate peace between Britain and Egypt
>Egypt points out you're not a real country
>fix that

I dunno, the leaf seems like a better idea than a British cuckstamp.

Cooperation =/= submission

I know that underage normies from Ontario head to Montreal/Quebec to drink around New Year's and other holidays. Other than that there's no reason to have them in this nation

Fitting it made it to the national flag, as Upper and Lower Canada embraced it. Ahh there's some wisdom to those old fuckers

You can honestly sit there and say that quebec is pulling it's weight?

lol

>No one outside Quebec is against the separation.

Yes they are you fucking idiot. Most people are. If Quebec becomes independent it de-facto splits the country in two. The maritime provinces are left isolated and thus would probably become independent too. Great, now you've taken away Canada's access to the Atlantic and you've made it easier for Ontario and Liberals to win elections. Yea, that's what most Canadians want...

LMFAO

delusion

Yeah, the leaf is actually a decent choice for a flag if you know its history (which schools do a shitty job at teaching) and don't fall for the leaf memes on Sup Forums. Plus it's probably one of the more recognisable world flags

What exactly do you mean by pulling its weight?

Regardless of your opinion on Quebec separation, you only need access to the sea if you're planning on being an imperial power anyway, and exclaves aren't historically unheard-of

Maritimes could never split, they've been supported almost entirely by govbucks ever since Canada took away their fishing rights (pretty much the only economic opportunity in the area). In addition, Quebec leaving would be an enormous blow to the Liberals in this country, seeing as Quebec is one of the only Provinces that matter in our elections, and they vote red.

We'd miss out on... maple syrup and asbestos though... big loss, who knows

Bring back the Ensign

>What exactly do you mean by pulling its weight?
Well even b.c. the most useless province in canada is pulling in a surplus at this point.

This guy is literally retarded If I have to explain why then you know fuck all about this country.

You are a nation of lumberjacks

Quebec is actually the biggest swing element in elections. In the past 3 elections, we've had 3 different parties get the most seats

Free access to the Great Lakes via the St Lawrence would no doubt be part of the terms of separation.

But the reason the federal government makes sure we take in more than we give is so that separatists can't use this as an argument

Ya, what a loss...

Quebec is by far the worst province. Maybe they wouldn't take so many gibs if the people weren't so muddied up with Indian blood. It's almost impossible to find someone who isn't at least 1/8th Indian in Quebec.

>It's almost impossible to find someone who isn't at least 1/8th Indian in Quebec

Hi

>YOU MAKE US TAKE THE MONEY

Get the fuck out of that province buddy.

the leaf looks good t b h

>takes away fishing rights
>calls us welfare queens
Why do westcucks love us maritime bulls so much?

I'm not making claims on who initiated it, but you must be able to see the principle behind having Quebec be a net beneficiary in terms of separatism

>Quebec is the worst province
>not the blood-sucking, God-forsaken maritimes full of sub-70IQ inbreds
>not the cultural Marxist, borderline-bankrupt shithole of Ontario

Everything East of Manitoba needs to be cut loose

I never said you guys were welfare queens (you are) because it's not your fault. Government just hates having people not reliant on them so they had to destroy your industry. Sorry familia it's nothing personal, gotta expand that federal domain somehow

No I don't quebec is pretty fucking useless. Aside from producing sweden tier video games you don't really do much. Don't get me wrong, most quebecois are nice. But their frankenstein sense of nationalism makes me want to nuke that fuck whole. Not a single person gives a fuck if they leave or stay, nobody thinks about quebec outside of quebec unless they start squealing like retards which is sadly too often.

Everytime someone from out west comes to eastcoast they talk shit and get knocked out and robbed. But yea were the low IQ retards....

Most material in Quebec is produced for a French audience, yes. What's wrong with being insular?

EVERYTIME?

>we'll beat you up

Come on this is just dumb. Who the fuck would want to go back east unless they are visiting it just to see how fucked it is.

My mom is the most cucked liberal in this country, she went back east and it redpilled the fuck out of her because the town she grew up in is now completely brown.

It would be fine, but whenever the other provinces try to be british your heads explode.

>and get knocked out and robbed. But yea were the low IQ retards....

Kek, thanks for proving my point. You guys are white niggers, now go fuck your mom, Jean

Because the Red Ensign was too white.

>Assault & mug people who come to your province
>act like literal niggers to guests
>no YOU'RE stupid
Wow it's almost like they set TBP in Nova Scotia for a reason

>"The other nine provinces of Canada have generally been opposed to Quebec sovereignty."
>“These numbers surprise me, they’re so clear across the country.... You look at Francophones outside Quebec, it’s the same result.... Overall, outside the French in Quebec, all the other groups across the country are against this notion.” The exact question of the November 2006 poll was, "Currently, there is a political debate on recognizing Quebec as a nation. Do you personally consider that Quebecers form a nation or not?" Canadians from every region outside Quebec, non-Francophone Quebecers (62 per cent), Francophone Canadians outside Quebec (77 per cent) all rejected the idea.
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_sovereignty_movement#Rest_of_Canada

Yea, but the rest of Canada wants a separate Quebec...
>being this fucking stupid

>you only need access to the sea if you're planning on being an imperial power anyway,
That is the stupidest thing you could say as a counter argument. Especially after Canada signed major trade deals with European countries this year. We not only export by sea to Europe, we also export a fuckload by sea to our biggest trading partner's eastern coast (aka America).

I think maritimes would eventually leave too if Quebec left. Look at the giant hole left between the two side of the country. That's never going to work. Also, the Maritimes were the only other region of Canada to have a major separatist movement besides Quebec. I was mistaken about the election number though, you're right there.

Good point but that would still lead to conflict and they could hold it over us anytime.

You're right, I was mistaken there too.

If you don't think pic related would have huge negative ramifications for Canada, then you're delusional.
>loss of Atlantic coast
>conflict over control of St. Lawrence
>loss of maritime provinces

Here's some of the rejected flag designs

LMFAO didn't read. Spazz out more you fucking mongrel rape baby.

No, it's just when people want the national flag to change to something that prominently features the British flag to the exclusion of us.

Our flag is beyond retarded.

Any way we could ever change it back?

Keep posting, I like seeing what could have been

I am going to have to disagree. It does include you. The british were so nice to the french settlers as well, they could have just sent you all back or forced you to assimilate but they let you keep every single fucking thing you wanted.

>That is the stupidest thing you could say as a counter argument. Especially after Canada signed major trade deals with European countries this year. We not only export by sea to Europe, we also export a fuckload by sea to our biggest trading partner's eastern coast (aka America).

But the point is you can negotiate a deal with independent Quebec for access to the St. Lawrence. The Americans also use it for shipping, and although I haven't looked into it I assume we have a deal with them of some kind over this.

Sad reminder that this is the culture that Trudeau wants to remove.
youtube.com/watch?v=s0CvSIhF_tA

It was actually written in the terms of surrender that we were guaranteed to not be deported, and that we could freely practice the Catholic faith, among other things. Further constitutional and legal developments only continued with this for the most part (later adding acceptance of the French language, either informally, as was the case since the Conquest, or formally, as happened much later), despite the desire of some to eradicate French.