Genuinely, unironically made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in movies, white-washing...

Genuinely, unironically made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in movies, white-washing, and cultural appropriation .

youtube.com/watch?v=0Ll7gt0meuU

You too can become a better person.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6aqDZW1BUM
youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

THE CHARACTER IN THE ANIME IS A ROBOT AND THE ACTOR PLAYING HER IN THE FILM LOOKS ALMOST EXACTLY ALIKE, DOWN TO THE SHAPE OF THE NOSE.

It's not a matter of how well CGI and make-up can make her look like the Major, it's a matter of asian-american girls having their hearts broken at seeing an asian character, one of very few they can identify with and relate to in a white-majority comic industry, portrayed as a white woman by a white actress.

I hope they remake every single anime/Japanese media with white actors, in English, then blows up all the old versions with another couple nuclear blast.

My grandpa's kill count of japs was in triple digits. God Bless America.

Soon
>Why is Arturia played by a british actress in the F/Z adaptation?

>and yet it's racist if people question this guy playing L

>movie motoko is autistic and /ourgirl/
>dosnt emote her feelings through cybernetic body
>subtle, her character is conveyed through her actions
americlap version
>fat kike sloot overacting and much action muh cgi

dont get me wrong scarjo is a great actress and has some amazing roles under her belt but also has fatrolls there and is a huge miscast.

youtube.com/watch?v=v6aqDZW1BUM
fuck you clapland for shitting up one of my top 3 indonesian basket weavings

>Scarlet Johnson
>white
Let me guess you're a 60% American.

Clearly this movie is made for the western market and not the asian

Money talks bullshit walks

i Will fuck that jewish whore until she's dead and then fuck her sweet corpse !!!

calm down, bibi

isn't that character supposed to be a fucking westerner
I've never seen GitS but I'm pretty sure this is the case

>Genuinely, unironically made me think and reevaluate my life perspective on diversity in movies, white-washing, and cultural appropriation .

Nope, this is just business goyim. They cast her because she's one of the few people who can make an unproven movie franchise safe enough to spend a gazillion dollars on because she's such a huge draw. It's the only way to compete with other gazillion dollar movies.

If you want to be mad about the casting, be mad about the fact that she's a horrible fucking actress.

>100% Robotic body
>SHE DOESNT LOOK ASIAN REEEEEEE

that's not the problem , nobody gives a shit especially with a movie like GiTS, her body dosnt have a 'race' she literally picked her look like a vidya character creation . she could look like a fat dandu neckbear if she wanted to.

the problem is them trying to superficially recreate stuff from GiTS to capitalize on its sucess without recreating the style\feel of the movie or any of the things which made it great and successful in the first place.

>100%
It's not, and why would she not look Asian you faggot if she was most likely Asian before becoming a cyborg?

I totally agree.

>pic related.

Wow that's really cool how they put the same face on every character.

I'm calling bullshit on the RPG. That society was still powder loading cannons, physics defying grappling belts aside.

So is this a shout to the japanese anime artists to start drawing asian protagonists in their comics? Cus they draw whites to get sales from the US, and to be fair they do look more attractive.

>white-washing

Shouldn't it be white-white-washing. Because Jews cast themselves as "white" characters, reap the money/fame, while their (((MSM))) and JIDF bitch about white actors being a fad. Which the (((execs))) then use to justify stealth-casting Jews instead of whites in every role.

Every Seth Rogen role is essentially him playing a "white" caricature ---dumb, fat, no ambition, degenerate---while he gets to suck face with some shiksa white actress who's way outta his league. Then he makes insidery jokes to his (((friends))) about how much they got away with, etc.

When fat (((actors))) play white characters, they are doing inside jokes for themselves. Seth Rogen gets off on being a degenerate because he influences impressionable white kids to become degenerate; he views this as a subversive holy mission.

Shut up jew, I have no time for your web of lies today. Go poison a well or something.

asians are not black enough for inclusion goy

>liking retarded bastardizations of our most beloved animes
i bet you're a reifag as well.
GTFO Sup Forums you cuck

This guy fucks.

Here's the cold hard truth. White women are the most beautiful race of females and they are also the most alike to anime characters. Asians with their flat wide bottom noses, slit eyes, and flat weak features just don't look good in movies. Have you seen asian movies? Everyone looks so bland and boring. Same eye type, same face, same nose, same hair color, same eye color, same hair consistency. Asian women, and Japanese women in particular needs tons of makeup to be acceptable, and 99% of them flat out require photoshop to be even half the woman the white actress is. This is coming from someone who loves all races and would even have an asian gf. They are simply not as beautiful from an objective standpoint, and white girls can make much better cosplayers. Not fatties, but actual hot girls.

I need a get a lock for that oven.

>AoT
>they are literally GERMAN characters
>have Paulo play every role

>Nobody pointing out the shilling for Bernie in the first 10 seconds.

Failed me pol, you really failed me.

>spoiled little chink girl realizes the world doesn't revolve around her

>an asian character
SHE HAS NO EPICANTHIC FOLDS, NOT ASIAN

Please God let it be a flop.

It's funny how actual japanese people living in japan do not care at all but it's Asian-Americans who want soooo badly to be on the oppression train with all the other POCs despite earning more than whites, having higher IQs than whites, being victims of crime less than whites, living longer than whites, having more professional jobs than whites, ect.

>Kusanagi
>no purple hair
Pass.

I just wanted to see scarlet johanson naked, is that really too much to ask?

doesnt that anime take place in the single remaining human city that has all races crammed together? its been a while since i watched it, but i remember some asian girl getting kidnapped because non-mixed kids were so rare

>that ID

>jew
>white

Wasn't going to see this Garbo at first. Now I am just to piss off the ~asianmasculinity~ Changs.

it looks like its based a lot on the original anime and in that her hair wasnt as bright as Stand Alone Complex

nobody cares about that cuck anymore he lost

Asian men don't really care

Actually Japanese people living in Japan make movies starring Japanese people and don't worry about whatever movies the West makes.

There's at least 3 different Death Note movies made in Japan starring a full Japanese cast and yet people get ass pained when a Death Note movie made in the West stars Western people. It's fucking bizarre.

Asian boys have it worse off
In western media Asians are only allowed to have lead roles if the setting being Asian is the novelty. Otherwise they're put in bit roles
Sucks even more if you aren't East Asisn

Asian FOBs no. They think (((social justice))) is a waste of time. It's the millennial ABCs screaming about muh whitewash that I hate.

>actual japanese people living in japan do not care
i watched some extended trailer on the new GitS that showed the original's director on set and liking how they were making the new

It's like they doing it on purpose not trying to find a similar face, like pick the most out of character face possible. It's some kind of an hobby of Hollywood.

As an Asian you guys are retarded.

If anything the only problem this shows is the lack of Asians in Hollywood. That is all.

You are outright retarded if you think a movie company would put up a no name, Asian actress where the movie is being made and marketed to the most (America) is dominated by white actors and actresses.

It would be like Japan making a movie and starring a no-name white actor. It would fail there.

I really don't care that Major is being played by fat jewess woman. I would care if they made a movie that exemplifies Japanese culture and history and bastardizing it by Americanizing if for the American market. Like a live action Akira or something. This is not.

Thats right. Beside the girl, All the characters have non Japanese names, and the architecture suggests a European setting.

its just weebs bitching out, and then the fucking asian sjw faggots bitching out in an attempt to appeal for the victim complex

Asian-Americans have a real bad case of identity crisis. Most of them readily admit that the culture and traditions of their parents are dumb superstitious bullshit, and mock older generation Asians for it. They've willingly abandoned their roots, but deep down inside feel the emptiness and isolation of belonging nowhere. That emptiness is perfect ground for the jewery to take hold and turn them against whites in illogical fits of anger over culture they themselves despise.

Why don't the native Japanese give a shit? Because Japanese generally have a very healthy sense of culture and heritage. They find it flattering that a foreigner is interested in it, and why wouldn't they, because it's something they're prideful about.

>If anything the only problem this shows is the lack of Asians in Hollywood. That is all.

Not really. It's actually good commentary on the state of the film industry right now. In order to take a risk by using an unproven property, they feel like they absolutely can't afford not to use a top 3 talent.

At this point I don't know why you're living in America and why you have any expectation at all that Americans (or whites) will treat you as one of their own.

It's just white people with too much time/privilege on their hands feeling oppressed in place of actual Asians.

Asian people actually don't care about culture appropriation we actually like it.

At that point it's just a shit adaptation.
Like every other anime adaptation.

Post great anime/manga to real movies

Japs love scarjo tho

I don't know about that, never appreciated "white savior" stories. I'd much rather the movies about a white guy in an Asian setting have an Asian partner of the same gender
Though I do find weebs amusing to an extent

youtube.com/watch?v=2DhoBuU1Dtc

Meawhile actual japanese people don't give a shit

Not exactly. There's eugenics and ancestor shaming involved.

KIKE IN THE SHELL

>I'm so autistic that can't self-insert or enjoy media because the people in it aren't the same race as me the PSA
WOW

The anime looks like a white woman.

Cuck

The Major isn't Japanese, maybe her original identity MIGHT have been, but she's not fucking Japanese. she has an entire cybernetic body and even then, she think that her memories are false and her identity. Abloo abloo, you want representation? Fucking make it or bitch to the creator who clearly fucking stated that a Japanese person was never intended for the role. Stupid child probably didn't even read the manga.

>PSA: HOLLYWOOD DESTROYS EVERYTHING YOU HELD DEAR AS A CHILD

nothing new here, but when we complained about it with Ghost Busters, Star Wars, etc we were call sexist pigs...

you can have chinese movie stars when you stop boiling dogs alive. there, that offends me whatugonnaduaboutit?

What did she expect; they blackwash tons of characters like King Arthur and L from Death Note.

AHAHAHAH
OH FUCK OFF

writing this reply 10 seconds into the video because I can tell where they're going and it is SO fucking stupid that they're acting like Motoko Kusanagi is the role model for little asian girls because GITS ISN'T READ BY GIRLS, DEFINITELY NOT LITTLE ONES.

there are so much better arguments for casting an east asian as motoko kusanagi than this strawman, campus feminism nonsense that makes this ridiculous claim

Yeah the last samurai was fucking weird my family couldn't help but keep chuckling to the point where I had to turn it off.

What about Death Note?
They made L a nigger and Light a kike but nobody is complaining about that.

Last time I checked, jews control the film industry.

Also ScarJo is a kike.

There are literally hundreds if not thousands of "white" characters played by Asians in Asian cinema

why is that OK?

I don't have time to care about their races. I'm too busy being mad that the movie looks like it's going to be more Hollywood "what do you mean source material?" moneygrubbing trash.

The movies aren't a straight adaptation of the show and manga. They have trucks instead of horses and the ruins of the old world are decaying modern cities instead of medevil ones

The maker of the video obviously hasn't read GiTS. There is NO WAY a little girl would read it. First off it's to hard and I'm pretty sure the main demographic is adolescent/adult males.

It's just SJW propaganda.

Oh my fucking days what a total clusterfuck of failure that video was...

Young girl enters world's smallest comicbook store, gutted Supergirl is blonde until manages to find apparently their only manga book. Supposedly falls in love with it instantly despite fact ironically all characters are clearly drawn as hyper-stylized westerners and deals with adult intellectual themes way beyond her powers of comprehension.

Sweet Merciful KEK when will the SJW parade stop for the muh diversity GITS tantrums.

Live Action freak out conveniently ignoring fact there's already been manga books, three anime series and four films. Don't like the casting for the new film watch all the other ones libtard snowflakes.

In any case out of all the manga series to get triggered over western casting GITS makes the least fucking sense since the characters have always been clearly westernized cyborgs.

It's jew washing.
Scarlett Johannson is of the kikel type

100% agree tbf. Holywood race bating has to stop.

I prefer authentic casting.

Can you stop trying to cuck james bond now jews?

>"but cumon man idris elba is a suave guy"

Always want to build up blacks and tear down whites. in white countries. you people are insane.

One of the main characters is mixed race (daughter of the last pure Asian left in the whole world), the rest are either German or French

It's a film with white characters made in a white country by white people for white people. Why wouldn't they use white actors? It's only a problem when people do things like putting shitskins into Shakespearean plays about English medieval history. If it was a samurai movie, ok. But all of the main characters in gits apart from the chief were white in the original, so what's the problem?

It's fucking hilarious that she's looking for identity in a series that's void of it with false identities. we've reached this point and thus proving the point of GitS in a way.

so the little girl is racist and will only read comics with asian girls

also GITS is not a kids book

It's mostly white people I think.
In the Anime it's mentioned that Asians are rare.
One happa girl is abducted by sex traffickers who value her because she is exotic.

Never saw it, how so

>normies REEEEE because a white girl is portraying a robot from a japanese anime
>normies are perfectly fine with Domino being cast as a nigger in Deadpool 2

Second holocaust when?

>In the Anime it's mentioned that Asians are rare
Not that they're rare, that character's mother was literally the last one.

Given how she had a single mixed race daughter, Asians got bleached to death

Last samurai was awesome. You and your family is retarded.

>disliking characters of other races purely because of their race is ok when non-whites do it
really makes you think huh

>GITS protag is only written by asians, has the appearance of a white woman
REALLY makes you think

not really.
There is no problem if another culture makes a movie from your stories.
If there was some Bollywood adaptation with an Indian Bond that would be awesome.

But I thought diversity was our strength!!!

>actual japs in japan are interviewed
>they aren't only indifferent to it, they're happy with the choice

Social Justice is dead

>white-washing, and cultural appropriation
t. ass-burned gook who was turned down for a role as an extra

It's funny seeing the issue on both sides. western Asians want representation yet they live, breathe, drink, and eat different shit from different countries but the Asians, the natives ones that is, are more diverse in terms of the media they create. The lesson here?

They don't give a shit about being represented, they just want to make cool stuff.

Funny how Americanized asians are the only ones assblasted.

Literally the only case that has a drop of water regarding this is that the story is inherently extremely Japanese thanks to the massive technological boom from the 60s-90s due to their military agreements with allies and the nature of post-war economies being fantastic for a plethora of reasons.

But even then I find it grasping at straws
If they want more asians, why not be the change they wish to see?

In case user doesn't realize: They feel this way because they subconsciously feel alienated from their cultural heritage and are responding overly-defensive to assuage themselves. It makes them feel like they're doing something to reconnect, without actually doing anything.

You find this response most typical amongst left-leaning individuals because their underlying ideology is ingrained on destruction of culture, underneath the guise of progress and activism.

It is a twisted thing.