We /Mars/ Now

>Congress just passed a bill that tells NASA to send humans to Mars by 2033

>For the first time in more than six years, both chambers of Congress passed a bill that approves funding for NASA and gives the space agency new mandates.

>
The NASA Transition Authorization Act of 2017 is a bill that the Senate and House collaborated on for months, and it appropriates $19.5 billion to the agency. (NASA received $19.3 billion in 2016, or 0.5% of the total federal budget.)

>
When the Senate brought the bill before the House of Representatives for a vote on March 7, "no members spoke against the bill" and it passed, according to Jeff Foust at Space News.

>The document asks NASA to create a roadmap for getting humans "near or on the surface of Mars in the 2030s." It also calls on the space agency to continue developing the Space Launch System (SLS) — a behemoth rocket — and the Orion space capsule in order to eventually go to the moon, Mars, and beyond.

>Now it's up to President Trump to sign the bill into law — or veto it.

businessinsider.com/nasa-funding-authorization-bill-2017-3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>near
oh fuck no we are NOT just doing a flyby

There are no cats on mars. Just stay away

Wtf cgi shit is that? Wtf does it really look like?

>2033

meanwhile 2023

>"Eat my Dust"
t.musk

Not CGI.
It's the most recent true color image of Mars, I think from Rosetta.

Trillions to be spend on next-generation CGI to convince a completely credulous populace of man's ability to steal fire from heaven

That's still absolutely pathetic. If we took the half of our military budget that we would otherwise use to kill the terrorists that we armed and funded with the other half and diverted it to NASA then maybe we could pull it off.

I'll grab my shovel!

Musk will get to mars by 2025.

>not CGI
being this blue-piled

be a good thing ultimately. now that the gubmint is in the race too, Musk will be spurred on to develop his shit even faster. competition drives innovation

Just seems like it looks different every time I see it.

lol.

you really believe this XD

Soon, Dahnald, the fabled Galactigates will belong to us.

The only thing giving the USD any value at all is the worldwide reach and threat of your military. Halve the budget and expect to be destroyed both militarily and economically.

youtube.com/watch?v=PtBy_ppG4hY

the real redpill is we already have colonies on Europa, Titan, and Triton
fagit

>muh manned suicide mission
For that amount we could land ayy finders on every moon of Jupiter and Saturn.

You're seeing different faces of mars, plus color filters.
OP pic is true color.

>tfw my parents probably won't live long enough to witness this with me

What?

How can other planets even compete?

>2023
lel, no

Well, I'm never going to see that pic the same again. Thanks a lot ya jackhole!

Not gonna lie. Former Musk fan here. It's been hysterical watching this guy's cars crash and burn. But in all seriousness, we can't let him ever set foot on Mars.