What are your thoughts on this piece?

Other urls found in this thread:

tate.org.uk/art/artworks/duchamp-fountain-t07573
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2GsazQbkE
youtube.com/watch?v=FoksxMZveWo
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally what

it sucks, and signified the death of art.

portable urinal? why dont they use these instead of catheters

added bonus it makes your junk look huge

Its a urinal?

Piece? Like a pipe?

ceci n'est pas une "piece of art"

You don't have to post if you don't know what you're talking about.

blast it with piss

I have to pee - please clear the room

Essential piece of art, just the thousands of copycats were absolutely redundant.

Pajeet is not happy about this thread.

Seriously though, you know this is Marcel Duchamp's 'Fountain' right?

This lazy piece of shit got away with so much bullshit

The can of artists shit is better imo

>100 years later
>French isn't arabic

nice try frog

It was the piece that started the movement of modern degenerate art

It's a muzzle for nogs.

about to make a lot of 15 yrs neckbeards really mad, so it's still doing its job

A foreshadow to how art turned to literal shit as the barrier to entry was abandoned and the art scene became co-opted by mentally ill and lazy "individuals"

It was a joke. The other art people thought it was serious. Others saw that there was money to be made off those who didn't realize it was a joke, start selling bullshit to fools, make lots of money. Modern """art""" was born.

The dawn of Ugly is Pretty, Freedom is Slavery, Garbage is Art

It is a piss poor effort.

>tfw Duchamp trolled the fuck out of people with this
tate.org.uk/art/artworks/duchamp-fountain-t07573

I know it's shit art but you really must be a ignorant plebeian retard to not recognize this.

And con artists and money launderers. The rabbit hole goes deep and very little of it has to do with art.

So did he make it himself or what? If so, I don't see a problem with it. Still art and way above random junk lumped together or canvases painted in one colour.

it was satire to show people are dumb enough to say anything's art...
and now it's literally in art history textbooks

Duchamp was a brilliant painter who squandered his gifts on conceptual faggotry but in many ways dadaism was the original troll culture

No he just dumpster dove for it or maybe bought it. He didn't make it.

Its a nice resting spot for Gondola XDD

He trolled everybody, there's no shit in the cans.

No, he basically called it pre-made art. He might have done the whole thing to test out the 'we will accept anything as art' policy of some art gallery. Alternatively, he might have just been trying to piss them off.

It makes me angry that an artist thinks he can take credit for the great work of the engineers and manufacturers that make such wonderful items for everyday use in modern society.

Underrated

>name sorta sounds like dump

lol its a urinal, retarded suburban retard

I bet you think the Earth is 7000 years old

I want to pee in it, like it was intended for.

this

FRANCE YES!
Flagship of degeneracy, since 1789

No, it's not art. Dadaisiim is retarded stop defending it.
Some degenerate signed a urinal and but it in an art gallery, and called it Dadaism. This was in like 1917. This is why Europe got everything it deserved in ww2.

>Be Duchamp
>"Man these fucking art faggots are so fucking degenerate and dumb they will fall for for anything"
>"fuck it, I'm just gonna buy a urinal and call it art.."
>"Holy fuck they are actually falling for this garbage."

And modern art was born.

not art

literally a bathroom fixture or an imitation of one.

It is a technological artifact at best.

I want to pee in it. Am I MK Ultrad?

its an athletic cup

Proto-shitposting

Modern art is a Jewish tax scam iirc.

Lets not forget le corbusier.

Do it and claim Its art

I bet you think the Earth is round

Broke the barrier for all the bullshit modern art you see today.

Duchamp can burn in hell for eternity for introducing this shit

How about the people who create canvases? Or make clay?

Honestly I think Sup Forums would have admired it when it came out. Pretty much a fuck you to the art world at the time

Pic- what we had
Video - what we have now
youtube.com/watch?v=Qb2GsazQbkE

Checked and Kek'd. Underrated.

Thank god we don't get too many commie blocks in the UK. Eastern Europe is chock-a-block with them and it's ugly as fuck.

Your pic is bourgeoisie shit.

In my mandatory general education art class our professor said that pieces like that were made to mock abstract art and people who paid way more than art was worth.

Fuck off kike.

Nah. It's actually a commie plot to drive down the value of historical cultural property, whose ownership is in fact privately claimed by the in-group. Nobody anywhere imagines the Mona Lisa to be a French painting, even if the bitch hangs in Paris.

Thanks for playing.

youtube.com/watch?v=FoksxMZveWo

Have folk dance then you fucking commie scum kys.

It was originally rejected by the exhibition. They didn't buy it for a second, but he got backed up by other artfags and journalists and eventually it was accepted as ART.

should be seen as 'we got to the limit of pseudo art, lets go back to craftsmanship, talent and beauty now', but it just incremented that style and decades later its still being made.

>we don't get too many commie blocks in the UK
Bruh, your cities got destroyed by modern architecture.

Art was subverted similar to subversion we're seeing today. Artistic Marxism, all art is good art. You can no longer call art bad, its "abstract" you just don't get "it"

hello pinko

Yes but at least our towns survived which is more than can be said of eastern Europe. Even your villages can have commie blocks.

>No, he basically called it pre-made art. He might have done the whole thing to test out the 'we will accept anything as art' policy of some art gallery. Alternatively, he might have just been trying to piss them off.

It was basically both. Duchamp detested the edgy avat-garde people and made work like this to be ironic and push buttons but people (like most of the people on this board still butthurt about it) took it super seriously.

Those are commie blocks as well mate. Don't get fooled by a bricks.

Jew detected.

It's mostly terraced houses around me. There are a few commie blocks but it's not on the scale of Eastern Europe. Feel free to go have a look, they can have commie blocks right next to commie blocks and so on for a mile.

Because E. Europe got bombed to shit. W. Europe did it after war.

>100 years after Marcel Duchamp and France is almost Arabic

Really makes you think

1910's marks the decade where art died.
2010's marks the decade where art is reborn again through memes.

You are retarded, go read an art history book. Modern Art and Postmodern Art is essentially the same thing.

>Implying
Commies were not -completely- retarded. Why would anyone build massive apartment buildings in small villages or towns.
Czechoslovakia, Hungary and sometimes Poland built their commieboxes in the outskirts of the big cities, while Romania and Bulgaria demolished historic city quarters for commieboxes.

Truth is that memes have more craft to them than modern art so who knows, maybe one day.

>thinks he's cultured because he recognizes a signed urinal

modernism is about the thing itself and movements like formalism. postmodernism is about the idea and movements like conceptualism.

modern art is about making a piece of art after chemical photography gave painting an identity crisis. postmodern art is about larping as if you're deep while living off a trust fund to jewish parents in the upper west side.

(((You))) are correct my friend.

ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Except galleries still get flooded with traffic on opening nights. Which you would know if you ever actually went to look at art.

In fact we already have art in modern days it is just pushed backed and not promoted.

Average fanart is infinitely better than a "modern art"

proto-trolling

but only memes that come from here
normie "memes" are garbage

oh for fuck's sake. this is like emil nolde all over again. i think i might be the reincarnation of emil nolde living in south africa. what do?

Some user posted this link to a BBC documentary yesterday:
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
It is about the necessity of beauty in art and the lack thereof in modern art. It is worth the watch, in my opinion. It touches on a lot of the things discussed in this thread, like the urinal, the can of feces, modern architecture, etc. and makes a strong argument against it from a rather traditional point of view.

Its funny how true this is and how much I dont want it to be true.

He literally did it as a "you retards will think anything is art, heres a fucking urinal" thing. And then retards thought its art and worshipped it. There is no such thing as anti-art even the most degenerate edgy ideas has been alredy explored including cannibalism, mutilation and other gross shit.

Also, dont forget the eternal kike art "scene". Billions of dollars circulating in modern trash. Any sufficently marketed built-up "artist" can drag his itchy ass on the canvas and it will sell of millions of dollars.

Original shit posting

It's the best piece of degenerate art. It all went downhill after this.

Don't be hating on Trellick!

Everyone not knowing the history of this.

not really into anime personally.

plus, i think my handling of oil paint shows a bit more mastery than this worked and reworked idealised digital drawing.

but i just posted my painting to show the similarity to old emil. is it still degenerate Sup Forums? or did this style get grandfathered in?

10/10 would launder money for the CIA with