Why do you think about him? honestly

why do you think about him? honestly.

youtube.com/watch?v=iRw1V2dgWTg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkbgtVFlyCQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Edgy fahgot

Seemed a bit naive. Living a primitive life takes a lot of planning and intelligence.

He just... went to the wilderness with a few items lol.

And people are surprised he ended up dying?

my nigga, you roaches aint half bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=tkbgtVFlyCQ

Try hard.

he actually had aids and did this to draw attention away from his gay lifestyle.

surprisingly, he is one of the first carriers of HIV to Alaska and helped spread it there

Retard who should have brought more than a .22 and a flint into the wild© and probably should have learned some fucking survival skills as well.

He was a loser, I have no idea why this guy is idolized when there are many more people with far more interesting and inspiring stories

Edgy Retard who died because he was a moronic idiot who didn't actually know any survival skills or how to read a map.

hippy faggot

actualy hippies were ok 2bh imo

This.
The idea that he didn't bang young kristen Stewart always seemed fishy.

the fucking culimination of the Liberal smugness.

they think they can do absolutely anything and run off to do it without the slightest fucking research or practice.

ran into the fucking woods and died in under a year from eating fucking the wrong shit out of the ground and freezing to death/starving to death.

Alaska fag here.
We hate these types that come here from the lower 48 (or overseas), naively thinking they could survive in the wilderness with no experience.
It puts a great burden on our already stretched resources (troopers + rescue).

Any proof of this?

I googled his name and "gay" and just saw a few theories. Most people think he was straight.

Didn't see any proof he had AIDS either.

He had a bag of rice on him as well.

I like the album "ten"

Dude was a small time pleb compared to based Timothy Treadwell

Sad story but that is no reason to idolize him. He likely had schizophrenia.

No, sorry. Maybe they seem good compared to Allahs fanclub but they're not. I would rather have Muslims.

somewhat redpilled as to the restrictions of society but ill prepared to take the steps he did. A Dum Dreamer

I was somewhat sympathetic to this guy, but I read he was a huge prick to people who warned him what he was doing was stupid and he also intentionally ignored poaching laws. So he really didn't plan on "living with nature" he just wanted to go be a drain in a more ego satisfying way.

Forgot to mention that each year there are at least 3-5 rescue missions just for idiots trying to reach that fucking bus (thanks to the movie).

He barely made it 2 weeks outside of civilization.

Ever met this hero ?

I think he's dead.

> I would rather have Muslims.
pretty sure that's a horrible idea

wow the comments on the video acting like the guy was deep and shit
>lol I'll go out and starve myself, but use pretty words
damn really makes me brap

thats better than the rest of us...

I think it's hilarious how there was a highway not too far up the trail and he could've walked there to flag down a car, but of course he wanted to be an epic adventurer and threw away the map so he had no way of knowing this. I'm glad he starved to death, this guy was a massive tool.

He survived over 100 days in Alaska.

Alaska you see on TV isn't the real Alaska (all reality shows are scripted). These people are actually frowned upon here.

>He just... went to the wilderness with a few items lol.
>And people are surprised he ended up dying?
A real intelligent person can make a plan without anything.

I don't think you realize how hard primitive living is.

It's not easy to get 2,000 calories a day when you're living off the land.

Naive faggot. I can appreciate a pioneer/frontier attitude but this guy was just a try hard. Even Lewis and Clark studied ahead of thier expedition to survive. I hope he wasn't as hipster as the film made him out to be.

take this shit to Sup Forums or /lgbt/ fucking mong

sage

Desert state are no better. Stupid faggots try to hike without the recommended amount of water and then have to be rescued.

I've volunteered in national and state parks across the country and it amazes me how stupid people can be. In the swamplands you'll see tourist playing fetch with their dogs by gator infested water.

If I remember right, he ate poisonous berries and they eventually caused paralysis and did him in. A little education could have prevented it. Also he killed a moose and lost most of the meat because he didn't learn proper preservation techniques

hmmm nootka

Restless moron who got himself pointlessly killed.

Fwiw, this guy did the same sort of thing, but did it right and lived for thirty years while fiming it:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Proenneke

The documentary is pretty good.

I think I remember this story, some suburban granola cruncher, thought he would live in the wild. Poorly equipped and poorly trained, not surprised he died.

I've seen his stuff, guy was a hard motherfucker, they don't make men like that anymore

That was actually a detail added in by the biographer. Autopsy revealed no evidence of poisoning. Most likely he just starved.

Nice flag desu. Ursa Major pointing to Polaris the "North Star"

He should have gazed into the sun.

Reddit the guy. Don't fall for the muh dramatica Hollywood movie. He was a faggot.

I think he was probably based but he was stupid. You don't just go out in the wild and expect to survive without experience. Especially winter in Alaska.

Read his bio back in HS. His biographer argued that he died because he ate the wrong plant that pretty much rendered him unable to absorb nutrients, but it was an honest mistake because it is identical to a harmless, edible plant.

He was anti-Arpatheid and wanted to smuggle weapons into SA to fight against Whites, so fuck him, hope he suffered.

i believe alaska was a mistake indeed. it's like trying to learn some hardass guitar solo while you can only play basic riffs. besides that:

>defend humans should be "natural" in nature.
>but forget cooperation is nature of human nature.

but he was a good lad i believe, and retarded or not he got some balls.

Well he did starve, but he was incapacitated by the poisoning.

>lol I'll just wander out into the wild cuz life is easy
>sure I don't know any basic survival skills or even how to use a compass but I'm sure it'll be just like living in a suburb XD
>pls help im dying D:
>oh wait I'm all alone