Why isn't the US modernizing its infrastructure with high-tech public transport and stuff like high-speed rail...

Why isn't the US modernizing its infrastructure with high-tech public transport and stuff like high-speed rail, at least on the East Coast and West coast in dense urban areas?

Other urls found in this thread:

liveleak.com/view?i=06e_1427609510
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad
google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/21/us/hawaii-struggles-to-keep-rail-project-from-becoming-a-boondoggle.amp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. USA does have rail and subways etc etc

2. Most of the us is jot dense enough to make high speed rail worth while

3. In highly dense areas high spew rail is already under development locally like California and the east cost Boston-Washington sprawl

4. Public transportation has been built/increased in like 40 cities in the last decade

Too large of an area and not enough demand. It costs an absurd amount to put in a mile rail

Why not just make steam locomotives that run on coal? Isn't coal cheap?

> Too large of an area and not enough demand
In most of the US maybe, hence why I said East and West Coast in dense urban areas, where it's small enough and there definitely is enough of a demand.

What's the benefit to having these railways?

Do what we do, bring temporary foreign workers from china and deport them after a year. We pay them below minimum wage but the limit is 15% below, it should be 75% below

That's what airplanes are for. Trains are for old people and queers.

Even if it's a really fast train?

>aeroplanes shaped like a dildo
>train shaped like a mechanical killing machine

Literally niggers.

You can't have both niggers and good mass transit.

They are physically incompatible.

Niggers hang out on it and use it to scout for people/places to rob, so you either get your house broken into for living within line of sight of the rails, or you get robbed on the train for being white.

So? Get your gun out and shoot the nigger

High-speed nigger delivery system

cities just need to be upgraded better. instead of having cars run into downtown, a ring of roads can surround the city forcing public transit to be used inside cities and cars to get to outskirts of cities. some book from the 60s inspired walt disney on this for epcot.

Bevause we would rather just fly for a little more money than what a slow ass high speed rail would cost

Moving people is really really expensive.

And the people that would use this type of transportation arent people who would spend tons of money at their destination either.

I'd use a light rail system if I was allowed to roll my motorcycle onto it. Think they'd allow that? It's just a bigger bicycle with a motor on it, right?.

One word. Amtrak.

Richard Nixon literally managed to singlehandedly ruin rail service in America.

>Nashville not even considered

RREEEEE it would be the perfect linkage between Cincinnati and Birmingham to prevent you from having to go all the way around.

They desperately need to do something about the North River Tunnels between Jersey and Manhattan.

>public transport

Niggers. That's why.

You wont get a train to go faster than an airplane, at least not for over 100 years

Trains are stupid in America. We have so much road and so many airports that no one would do rail

t. faggot who drives a Hummer

Contrary to popular pol belief, the general populace and even on here, most people don't like killing and don't ever want to do it. It's not something enjoyable, no matter the situation.

Personally, post 9/11 I'd rather go on a slightly slower train than deal with the hassle of going through an airport. Air travel is such a pain in the ass.

A train can be much faster than a flight plus check-in and security procedures.

You also need to get to and from the airport, whereas train stations tend to be more centrally located in cities.

>what are planes

corruption, and our government is non-functional also, it's all about lobbyists now.

But we are, dumbfuck

I would be open to having open borders with the US like what EU has but I live 5 minutes from Detroit and that alone makes me not want to.

What kind of bike do you have?

I have a 2008 ducati sport 1000s

>rather get killed by a nigger than shoot him
It's a wild animal it's like shooting a deer or a horse who cares?

Not Sup Forums related

has discussed this thousands of times, the reason is on most routes there isn't enough population to support it or they're too far apart to be competitive with jets.

Not even with magnets?

After the nuke's fall none of it will matter.

Save the resources to rebuild.

Does this image make all you rural anons jelly?

I have a 300 ninja

Public transportation is for the serfs. The infrastructure we do need to modernize are our bridges and roads. None of this using cheap shit to pave the roads so the government can pay 5x the cost later to give contracts to their personal butt buddies and donors.

I drive a kia spectra and I agree with user's post. Trains are for cheap cargo that can afford to take a few days to arrive where it needs.

He had some help, one reason why Detroit is such a shit hole is that the auto-makers wouldn't let the city get mass transit going. The train station is totally derelict.

Tell me more about how you're going to park in Manhattan.

>Be white
>Ride train full of black people
>Black guys start beating you
>Nobody does or says anything to stop them because you're white and deserve it

liveleak.com/view?i=06e_1427609510

There are hundreds of videos just like this, and it happens many more times than the times someone manages to record it.

Nigs can't be trusted not to randomly attack white people when surrounded by other nigs, it's a cultural thing.

>Public infrastructure projects
>Not related to politics

I know OP didn't frame it that way exactly but come on leaf.

>Trains are stupid in America

Trains BUILT America you fucking faggot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Transcontinental_Railroad

Yeah they can be but it would still be faster from sat nyc to Miami than a bullet train

It can, depending on the distance though. Bullet trains tend to stop less often than regular metro trails, so a high speed rail would be less convenient than the around town rail.

Like I said earlier, it would be faster to take a flight from NYC to Miami than it would be with hsr

k

And now we have airplanes you dumbfuck. Airplanes continue to built modern America.

Welcome to Canada

hi @380kmh

how is the go train? I've taken the via rail before and it is quite slow.

That's that new Japanese train that goes all the way to Hokkaido right? Japan is a totally different situation. Not only in density, but they treat public property nicely.

I never took the via, GO is fine, only problem I had once was I was trying to sleep and some fucking Indian families started playing drums with pots and pans so I couldn't. Who brings pots and pans onto a train?

They build ugly dildo trains that are environmentally friendly, which everyone knows is for hippie faggots

The same people who launched an uprising against the most cucked government on Earth and somehow lost.

Because we invented fucking airplanes 100 years ago.

Who?

>Black people did a great job picking cotton in those days, let's bring back slavery too

I think Clapham Junction has us both beat.

(I'm from the UK, I've used the station a few times. It's a monster)

1.) Highly spread out population even the WaNewBo corridor doesn't have the population density of urban Japan or even most of urbanized western Europe.

2.) Huge costs. We already have roads which are dirt cheap to build and maintain in comparison to rail and airports which are good for mid and long distance travel

That's basically it.
If you have a car you drive, if it's more than a day or two you fly. If you don't have a car you fly or if you can't afford it you take a bus.
It's literally that easy. There's not a large enough niche for trains to fill in the U.S. to justify multi-trillion dollar investments.

>moving niggers and spics around the country at 200 mph
FUCK OFF

Fuck that. I don't want Chicago hooked up to my peaceful Midwestern city. Ghetto dwellers will poor in by the thousands.

cuz muh programs!!

>Fresh off the boat somalian front and center

wew

Red states are poor and hold us all back from greatness

>Mach speed aerodynamic trains arent shaped like dildos
forgot they are shaped like doggos dongers in canada

> Its cheaper to fly and quicker than to ride a train

Trains already can go nearly as fast, plus you usually skip all the dumb security. Also, I don't know the last time you've been on one, but they are much more comfortable. More space, better meals, more room for baggage. They also have nicer views. Plus, they're so fucking cheap. Like seriously, it's comparable to a Greyhound bus. Planes are expensive because to go that fast, they use a lot of expensive fuel, and require much more training to operate. Trains are actually very economic.

airplanes suck dick. It's a bitch to walk around the cabin, and you can't see anything interesting.

Greyhound is objectively the best mode of transit since you meet a bunch of interesting people and get to stop every few hours for smoke and fast food breaks at interstate rest centers.

No it's not
Trains are shaped like this here

Stop being poor and buy a car faggot.

see

Why would rurals get jelly you have trains? Niggers and urbanites cant use maps and not having train lines makes us near invisible to nogs and hipsters when they want to take in the sights

I took VIA Rail between Kitchener and Glencoe a few times a couple of years ago. The view was much nicer than what you would get from the highway, and the train was mostly empty so I had two seats to myself. I don't remember the price, but I had a discount for being under 26 so it wasn't bad.

I took Via Rail from Toronto to London once last year. Holy fuck the ticket cost over $80 one way. No wonder no one takes the train.

>US modernizing its infrastructure with high-tech public transport and stuff like high-speed rail
Most likely because in the past they would need to release crime stats on the transpo system, hopefully Sessions will make it so for the future

Trains are great. Instead of driving 2 hours each way to the office and back (and struggling to find parking), I can take the train and sleep, read, or get work done on it (and thus be able to leave early).

America is incapable of completing something on that scale right now

You know its true

google.com/amp/s/mobile.nytimes.com/2016/03/21/us/hawaii-struggles-to-keep-rail-project-from-becoming-a-boondoggle.amp.html

You can't have a great train system, because your underclasses use public transports as toilets. Maybe it was possible in the 50s, maybe someday, not now.

I'm not following what your post has to do with mine.

>japan
>get the train home from work
>arrive just in time to get the train to work the following day

Air travel is shit and every time something goes remotely wrong on a plane everyone dies.

I'll take the train and enjoy my first class tickets thank you.

That's a dingo

Reminds me of Berlin

Ask the republicans in congress.

>HSR from Denver to El Paso
>Wanting a spic mainline

lmao no.

>Uses a picture of a 1950s train versus a 2010+ train

Hmm, I wonder why...

Greyhound is better than all the other shit transport options being mentioned

Coaches and buses are literally the worst form of transport.

By train, London to York is 2hrs. NYC to Boston, which is the same distance, is almost 5hrs.

Amtrak is a total disaster.

>be American
>hears word "work"
>instantly suicidal, starts checking Obamacare Bronze to see if hormone therapy is covered
>Obamacare repealed

Because Amtrak trains are unaesthetic garbage.

Slower too.

Riding in a stuffy bus with niggers for 10 hours when I can enjoy a superior view and fresh food on a train.

Don't ever say that again fuck Germany

>Trains are great. Instead of driving 2 hours each way to the office and back (and struggling to find parking), I can take the train and sleep, read, or get work done on it (and thus be able to leave early
Trains are great, instead of driving 2 hours each way I drive 1 hr 45 min to the stations and pay 20$ to park, then walk through 6 million niggers and indians in -40C only to be told by some french bitch at union station my ticket is non-transferable or non-refundable.After a quick credit card rape of 130$ I'm on a train from toronto to belleville that only takes 2 hrs, which I could have driven in 1.5. At the station I'm met by a singular Greek kebob store with no actual food, just directions to the liquor store and a motel 6 six. At least the beer store was close so my extra 3 hour wait for the train to Kingston (35 min by car) wasn't so bad. Socialized trains rulz

What seems to be missing is that you often can't just build intercity rail, you need local transit too, you need ways of getting from the cities to the suburbs and places where people actually live. If people have to drive to a station in a city in order to take a train then they won't bother, they'll just drive all the way to their destination instead.

This is what happened when the UK closed a load of branch lines in the mid-20th century. The closures were intended to make the railways more profitable, instead it just made things worse.

We have high-speed jets to go from coast-to-coast.

Why waste money on railroads?

Riding in something like this is prohibitively expensive.

The ride on a good train is so much smoother, too.

That's not my experience - I walk to the station, buy a reasonably-priced ticket from a machine (and which ticket I should buy is obvious), then get on the train when it arrives (which always has enough seats).

>buying from a machine
It's like you want (((them))) to know where you are

because cars are cheap here..

Why should we build something that will only be used by niggers anyway?