AI cars

What does Sup Forums think about the rise of the robots on the road or lack thereof?

I keep hearing of the self driving trucks and taxis being probably the first to become a common reality but cant see that happening here in NZ for atleast a decade, if ever in the foreseeable future. I remember hearing something about the AI being too retarded to actually work well on the open road.

Also, only cucks will buy self driving cars, a real man enjoys his car and actually driving it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xGi6j2VrL0o
youtu.be/aR5N2Jl8k14
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

UnZud has cars?

>Only cucks will by self-driving cars
>Only cucks will drive cars with automatic gear shifts
>Only cucks will buy cars instead of riding horses
>Only cucks won't run

Yes, in fact we designed and mass produced some all by ourselves, we don't need your shit tier Commodores and Falcons now we have the mighty trekka.

I think eventually self driving cars will become a reality Insurance and rego to drive a real car in increase exponentially. with perhaps some exemption for off road vehicles.

>tfw cant do mad skids in my vl commo in the future

Do you think that really was the line of thinking that developed with all the advances?

But yes, auto cucks are cucks

Fuck that it's just another freedom that they want to take away from us.

This is what I don't want to happen, but what happens the first time one is inevitably involved in an accident caused by computer malfunction.

This, be a good goy and get in your pre programmed car which will only drive on predetermined routes at predetermined speeds all decided by the state.

>This, be a good goy

NEVER

I would rather die than give up my cars.

the self driving car is the prius of the future
just get a muscle car

>user is an UBER driver
>UBER starts using self driving cars
>driver contract expires
>no more work
>go on strike
>no one cares
>user changes job
>job gets increasely automated
>contract expires
>no more work
>user takes up robot repair man job
>thinks he is really smart
>high demand for service bots
>gets increasingly automated

Makes you think.

That will be arranged by the Ministry of Transports "vehicle modernization enforcement" squads

You won't have a choice.

People in the future won't believe that we were allowed to drive cars and kill ourselves so much. It will be a crime in the future.

Honestly if they just let everyone live on UBI that doesn't have a job crime is going to explode.

Fuck that, there would be too much of a public backlash for that to happen in the next 30 to 50 years at least. It will happen but not so soon I don't think. Also drivers licenses will become infinitely harder to obtain.

>Automated economy
>UBI

Both are nightmare scenarios but seem inevitable.

It would be a disgusting existence similar I think to Brave New World, before it collapsed.

It's not going to happen in America anytime soon.

I can bet you a place like Singapore or Japan is gonna do it first on a wide scale, especially Singapore since everything in Singapore is strictly controlled.

It wont happen here in NZ based purely on our roads.

AI doesn't respond well to random events, does it?

anyone can drive a car in ideal conditions. it takes human motor skills and decision making for the emergencies

seems like AI cars are only going to work on pure AI roads, and even then i guess we can't have mechanical failures or wild animals or little kids kicking soccer balls into the road?

They can't hack into a carby.

With most of them, yes

What does /1910/ think about the rise of the automobiles on the road or lack thereof?

I keep hearing of the self-propelling carriages and taxis being probably the first to become a common reality but cant see that happening here for atleast a decade, if ever in the foreseeable future. I remember hearing something about the steering being too retarded to actually work well on the open road.

Also, only cucks will buy self-propelling carriages, a real man enjoys his horses and actually driving them.

The issue with this is that you are ceding all control you have over your vehicle. Never in the procession of technology have you given up control until now.

>ceding all control
That's what the touchscreen is for dummy.

that doesn't count as "control"

I don't think it matters what people think or what their intuitions are or what they like and dislike. Society is a superorganism. Self-driving cars will serve the hive better than monkey drivers. Therefore they will become the standard.

The benefits are too great for it to be discarded because some guys like to drive.

Is this you?

youtube.com/watch?v=xGi6j2VrL0o

Watch this video then tell me you're not scared.

youtu.be/aR5N2Jl8k14

Unfortunately that will probably be the way I handle it.

Very.

And I don't understand why everyone isn't.

I'm more excited than scared to be honest.

Viewing meatcucks as the be-all and end-all of evolution is silly and arrogant.

Robots need to take over. Humans are fucking retarded species and deserve to be extinct.