Within the next 10 years every job will be automated

Within the next 10 years every job will be automated.

How will this affect society?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_Kt7883oTd0
youtube.com/results?search_query=judge dredd 2012
marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm
oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

universal basic income or mass culling event

People or robots?

elites will not allow themselves to be automated.

Hence, the peasants will be the underclass begging for scraps. There simply isn't a real pressure to bring to them more than the necessities.

Most likely culling. The conservative spin doctors will find some scripture to justify it.

Jetsons

Not going to happen. There will be a large anti-technological movement that will lead to the widespread use of intermediate technology.

>Within the next 10 years every job will be automated.
"no"

More jobs for skilled workers, less jobs for button pushing indigents
>there is no other answer

Culling. Fucking duh.

Have you not been paying attention? That's been the grand plan the whole time. The question really is, how will they cull us? And (((who))) gets to survive?

>this is what retards actually believe
Developers can't even keep IoT devices safe. If you think there won't be a HUGE public backlash after the first car gets hacked and driven off the road you're kidding yourself

this was the worry at the beginning of the industrial revolultion.. but somehow we humans always find a way to make a buck. somehow we'll again find a way to make a buck...

I hope not.

>lets keep ourselves technology stale for the benefit of our fragile system

Even as a conservative, I do see wide scale automation as a path to basic income.

It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, if a machine does it better and cheaper you won't have it for long.
Even entrepreneurship might be better when done by AI. They know no fear after all.

It won't be in 10 years. Probably more like 100.

sterilizing vaccination is a good possibility, if they're less patient they can also introduce this into food and water

you dont work, you dont fucking eat, go to school and be useful to this world

Proud to say that, as an MD psychiatrist who specializes in psychotherapy and medical treatment, I have one of the only jobs that can't become automated. The job simply cannot effectively be done (in terms of building rapport with patients and the experience of empathy/shared human emotion) by machine.

RWDS will take care of that problem when (((they))) try to hoard all the shekels

ban some automation unless we get into war with ayy lmaos. then just allow some automations back only if there is justifications.

singularity fags will show you a robot with a smiley on a screen and "prove your wrong"

as a matter of fact, most of the service sector jobs wont really be automated, otherwise they would/are already automated today
the software usually supplements the people rather than replacing them, because this is the most efficient way (automation plus oversight)

someone has to repair the robots... my job is safe

>tfw pharmacist
I'm safe

DOESN'T IT MAKE SENSE TO REDUCE IMMIGRATION IN LIGHT OF THIS

>muh putting pills in bottles

yeah... a robot is taking that shit over real quick

we're not even close to that level of sophistication and with cars in particular people are still wary for completely legitimate and non-regressive reasons

The quality of life has only gotten better over time. Societies have only gotten more progressive. Technology has only expanded our horizons. I am not afraid of this bullshit at all.

If you think this doesn't already happen, then GTFO newfag

the tesla cars have trouble to follow exits that are not typical and sharper than usual / when there is vegetation

at the moment, tesla cars are about as skilled following the road as a drunk driver, but with less lag and more autism

>self driving cars won't be hacked they said

>How will this affect society?
We'll become a NEET nation.

No. Rents and costs must rise.

bullshit. If people want to pay for that service sure. But they'll do the cheapest option...a robot

A Butlerian Jihad you say?

What's the fucking benefit otherwise?

the push for AI medical services is huge, to draw upon the resources of the entire online medical community is one of the driving factors of automation. Your job wouldn't be the first to go but more than likely it will happen in the second wave.

>Every job

Well that's just silly.

positively. Requiring less labor to produce the same or more amount of value is exactly how we've gotten so rich over the past 200 or so years

will
>will
will
>will

Problem: Automation will replace low-skill laborlow skill labor will not have work opportunities

muh "doesn't do work Americans want to do" doesn't have work opportunities anymore

The silly part is 10 years. AI is in its prenatal stages.

Problem: automation is replacing low skill labor low skill labor doesn't have work opportunities

muh "does work Americans don't want to do" doesn't have work opportunities

will?

>More jobs for skilled workers, less jobs for button pushing indigents
Both can be automated, better really.

That's what I meant to imply. It's far from impossible but it's not happening in 10 years. A large portion of jobs will be. Factory work of all kinds, fast food, bus drivers, etc. I do foresee people wanting to keep waiters in actual restaurants though, at least for a few generations. Keep things feeling fancy.

I don't know enough about economics to have any idea what will result from any of this. I'm really interested to see though.

>10 years
Try 30. Minimum.

Society will be great though. People will be more pleasant because when they leave home it's voluntary and not because they have to be somewhere. The abundance that can be achieved with 0 labor cost, and exponential productivity of capital will certainly be a positive as well. Only thing that needs to be achieved is new energy tech to keep the machines going and be self sustaining. A grid failure would cripple the economy.

All good things must come to an end. This is unsustainable.

Greater concentration of populations makes it easier for the mass cullings

There will be literally no excuse to keep niggers and muslims alive.

>if it gets Asians off the road it's worth it.

There's the real brain tickler. It's constantly said that a diminishing native workforce necessitates importing thousands of unskilled laborers from other (browner) countries, yet in a few decades the jobs that those unskilled laborers are used for will all be automated.

One almost wonders if there's actually an ulterior motive here completely divorced from supposed economic concerns.

We don't have cheap enough energy yet.
youtube.com/watch?v=_Kt7883oTd0

That''s racist.

kek. in an utopian society, maybe, yes. in reality? bahahaha, you know how much this will cost? and how most of that turns out? you can go with 1-3 various products. and still need a fleet of human worker slaves to maintain the shit. and so on...maybe you should go and see a factory from inside for some days?
desperate chemical enigneer for 15 years.

>Australia
>complaining about Asian drivers

I'm kind of surprised, but I don't even know why, the Asian drivers here are shit and there's no reason to assume that Asians wouldn't be shitty drivers wherever they go.

I would rather not debate theoretical things that don't actually exist. It is like saying "In the next 10 years, mexicans will rule the world and force everyone to make burritos. Please discuss".

>anti-technological movement
resistance is futile

Don't be racist

All the males will become fat trannies.

culling it is.

Millions of unemployed uneducated shitskins

I'll tell you this, truck driver is the #1 job for people with hs diploma and automated trucks would fire them essentially over night, thats 8 million new workers to lower pay demand.

culling and no going outside

This.

Pharmacist is the most easily fully automatized medical job, it's basically giving pills based on a prescription letter.

With car-drones, I always make this one claim, on the safety: Put a drone car in a demolition derby. Set a timer. If it can go, say, 30 minutes without hitting another car or being hit by another car, then I am okay with them being on the road.

Yeah, no. Your job is one of the first to be replaced by Siri. Voice AI basically can do everything you can do and better. Plus they don't charge by the hour you leech.

i don't understand how having all of our needs provided for would be a bad thing. surely that's the ultimate goal of technological progress.

what are humans going to do? our current system relies on people having jobs and money.

I just want to see one handle winter driving conditions instead of the highly controlled southern California test tracks they've kept them on so far. And I mean real winter ie the Rockies or the UP, not the "oh shit there's a coating of snow on the ground everyone panic and skid into a lake" that happens down south.

>for the benefit of our fragile system
more like for the benefit of every single person in the country

if every job is automated then nobody has a job, then nobody has money, then nobody can buy anything then companies have no consumer base then the economy collapses

>every job will be automated

This is funny actually. There are more jobs the more advanced technology gets.

These people who claim that robots will replace us think that the world of 300 years from now will magically happen in the next 10.

maybe if a change of circumstances renders our current system untenable we could create a new system based around the new circumstances.

otherwise the weak will live

who is going to pay for an assumed minimum of $12,000/year/person?

>dey tuk ur jerbs dey roobuts!!!!!

luddites, ladies and gentlemen

Why would you need 12k/yr when everything is dirt cheap?

>muh pills r future
>clearly aknowledges (((big pharma))) current status
>loses job to marijuana plants and robots

In an ideal world it would be great, everyone would live on permanently leisure on the autobots dole
In reality it will result in massive poverty, starvation and riots

I will let the AI robots wipe us out. The superior life form should own the earth.

everyones getting free shit n a sexbot.

I hope police will become automated as well so that at least once we're all unemployed living off of universal basic income (aka "resource allowance") we can have millions of police-bots patrolling the streets. If i can use a cellphone app to pay for shit and eliminate the need for any plastic credit/debit card you better believe it there'll be an app that calls in a squad of machine-gun-armed robots that shoot to kill if "certain members" of "certain uneveolved/unintegrated cultures" decide to start some shit.

That's right - we're all gonna end up unemployed (boohoo) but one way or another multiculturalism is gonna get fast tracked to success.

Whilst freeing up people would probably be sold as an opportunity for mass academic/philosophical development, in reality sloth would win and humanity would crumble into an apathetic hedonism. Maybe complete with sky-high obesity rates.

Look up the Luddite rebellion in England's industrial revolution, it just ends up failing.

>Look up the Luddite rebellion in England's industrial revolution, it just ends up failing.
This is the black pill.

I will fight it anyway.

Resent and spitefully is my only fuel these days.

>There are more jobs the more advanced technology gets.

really?

would watch televised event of testing

youtube.com/results?search_query=judge dredd 2012
OR
marshallbrain.com/manna1.htm

take your pic

UBI is bullshit. It will only damage the environment more!!!!

chile is right. the current industry is not sustainable. instead of leeching it till it's over, it would be better to work on this

Everything would not be dirt cheap because robots use a shitload of energy and are themselves extremely expensive to make and maintain and that cost factors into everything they make.

>every job
no, most yes but not all

oxfordmartin.ox.ac.uk/downloads/academic/The_Future_of_Employment.pdf

Mechanic, ditch diggers (someone has to dig s hole, crawl down it and fix busted water pipes at 2am) police, ems, fireman, etc.

Eliminating the motivation to work will reduce the amount of people seeking higher education. Most peoples motivation to go to university or to study is based on a promise of a reward for that effort. If that reward becomes much less likely, higher education will only be sought out by people financially motivated to do so. Quality of our scientists will decrease. Combine this with the huge disparity of reproduction rates between western countries and the third world, and the current agenda of the media (and its influence in western countries), and its a very grim outlook.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. 5G wireless would really help with maintenance, and it's a matter of energy policy and technological progress in that area as well. Better batteries will probably come about, and it's estimated that by the 2030s fusion energy will be available and thus making energy a non-issue. It's speculative when they'll come, not if but it seems like they will come along with full automation.

Literally none of those things are true. Maintenance requires hands-on labor from a trained human engineer. Better batteries are not going to come about due to hard physical limits - That's why they've been exploding more lately. Fusion cannot be a net energy source. While the reaction itself is self-sustaining, the finances and cost of operating the facility are far greater than the few cents per kilowatt hour they have to charge for it to keep with competition.

In other news, science fiction is wrong about almost everything.

you're right an it actually hits harder than we expect - most people don't even finish easy certificates if it doesn't reward them, much less a trade or higher education

it's a common observation - you cut the funding and the places get deserted. can't even ask anyone because apparently no one is responsible anymore

don't be a bigot

bump

thats not gonna happen you fucking retard

>Within the next 10 years
Automation is the secular equivalent of the beginning of Revelations.