Tech Workers Packed 40 to a House in San Francisco

archive.is/osW9n

What are the best solutions to the affordable housing crises occurring in D.C., L.A., S.F. and N.Y.C.?

---

Zander Dejah, 25, pays $1,900 a month rent to live in a downtown San Francisco house with at least 40 other people, many of whom sleep in bunk beds.

Dejah is a resident of The Negev, a communal living space that styles itself as a home for millennial tech workers to brainstorm ideas, write code and create apps, even if they have to share toilets and bathrooms with dozens of others.

Houses like The Negev, located in a neighborhood known as “SoMa” or South of Market, have cropped up around San Francisco as an influx of young professionals, many of whom are tech workers, have faced the city’s notoriously high rents and apartment shortages. It has three floors and roughly 50 rooms, filled with bunk beds, beer bottles and laptops, according to residents.

Dejah, born and raised in New York, graduated last year with a degree in computer science and math from McGill University. Unemployed, he moved to California six months ago and found his room at The Negev on Craigslist.

“I thought New York was expensive,” said Dejah, who quickly landed a job as a virtual reality engineer at consulting firm moBack. “It’s basically an extension of college. We sort of live in a frat house.”

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ysJF0
youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU
dailyprincetonian.com/news/2004/10/alumni-establish-officetiger-outsourcing-firm-based-in-india/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

IT guys are cuck faggots.

i don't give a fucking shit about some retard unemployed idiot running to the most expensive city in the country, then asking for handouts

affordable housing solves NOTHING

if houses were 300000000 dollars and no one could afford houses, the price would plummet, but because these faggots get handouts the price continues to stay miles high.

Why can't they write code in Nebraska? There isn't a patent office in Lincoln? Isn't "connectivity" the point of that whole industry? Who says you have to be on site in the Bay Area of Silicon Valley to create?

Renters should unionize and refuse to live in overpriced places. When I had landlords raise prices without making the place better to live in, I moved out. Problem was, suckers moved in, so the bubble keeps growing.

My roommate and I had a similar experience in college. We had our first shitty apartment together and after one year the property owner decided to hike everyone's rent by a significant amount. Roomie and I moved and so did a lot of other people. We saw the fuck getting greedy. After a year we heard the price had come back down after too many people didn't renew their leases. The market works. We ended up renting a small house with a buddy of ours just outside of town. We went from an urban mess to near-rural bliss. We could build fires out back and drink under the stars. It was fantastic.

Build more housing, San Fransisco's laws make it really fucking hard to build new housing, and rent control and NIMBY bullshit and such makes it even harder.

>Math degree
>1900 a month

Kek

First of all, you don't want these people coming into dependable red states and completely fucking up the demographic and political situation.

Secondly, they're forced into the Bay Area because the kike and chink/pooinloo of the start-ups/VC's DEMAND everyone congregate into the area, unless they're somewhere above 10+ years in skillset and are allowed to work somewhat remotely, or make enough to live outside of the central metro area.

Interestingly, this has spilled over from the Bay Area in NorCal towards Los Angeles/Santa Monica in SoCal. There is rapid growth in an area called "Silicon Beach" and we're seeing the same property value inflation in those regions as in NorCal. There's also been construction of new synagogues in the area, (((coincidentally))) enough.

THIS

if these faggot leaders are so innovative they should stop to think like a dog.

Indians need a proper environment to function

>computer science and math from McGill University. Unemployed
JAABS JAABS JAABS is why he must've voted Trump.

>Zander Dejah, 25, pays $1,900 a month rent to live in a downtown San Francisco house with at least 40 other people, many of whom sleep in bunk beds.

My brother and his wife pay (with 1 roommate) all together like 3500 a month for an appt in San Francisco's Mission District and they even have 2 extra rooms they use for a computer/tv room and 1 for storage.

It's a few minutes from downtown, sure the area is a little ghetto but all of SF is like that.

how the fuck are these pajeets paying 1900 for a place with 40 other people?

Because these millennial shits feel like living in one of these cities gives them a certain amount of clout, and when you look at their peers group, it probably does. They could just as easily live in the suburbs and commute (for alot less money), but they don't.

>(((Negev)))
thats a Jewish desert here
yes jews behind poo trafficking
jews dont even hide it

>construction of new synagogues
corroboration

>how the fuck are these pajeets paying 1900 for a place with 40 other people?
It's a 50 room fucking mansion.

Worse amenities than a dorm

I don't know, but fuck all those people. They're ruining San Francisco as it is quickly becoming bland and loosing it's culture.

muh enclave

>millennial tech workers
It should really say H1Bs

this. Silicon Valley is the new Virginia of the slave Plantation era.

>Zander Dejah

100% sure he's here on a green card or H1B visa. I fucking see a ton of these pajeets even here in San Diego. They wear polo shirts with badges and work for these huge tech companies.

It's time to kick these people out, and train students to do these jobs. America First.

Unless you have an idea that will change the world and need to be able to easily access dozens of VC firms, you're better off just earning a decent upper middle class living in literally any other city in the country.

The solution is to make new cities away from already established ones.

Yes.

Silicon Valley is full. Time to move on

Unlikely. He went to Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut during highschool. Maybe his parents were H1-B pajeets but he isn't anymore.

Agenda 21 propaganda got to them. They think there's something wrong with living in the suburbs and owning your own house.

foreign ownership tax, bet theres a lotta chinese buyin' up spaces for laundering schemes.

>San Francisco culture

Now that you mention that, Austin, which is the most liberal city in Texas, is now the most expensive city in Texas, attracts tons of transplants, and has a Jewish mayor along with the biggest number of synagogues in the state. What a weird (((coincidence))).

Maybe they should save up before moving to a house

you could literally freelance program from your home.

They think they have to be in fucking san fran because they're idiots.

>make 6 figure salary
>live in fagfransico in a tuna can with 40 single men
Fucking cucks have no pride

>Houses like The Negev, located in a neighborhood known as “SoMa”
more like somalia

Don't work in fucking SanFran.
There are plenty of places in the US with cheaper housing and tech jobs.

Me and my gf pay $700 for a 10x10 room in the northeast (pop. 30k). We'll never own a home and have gotten used to to living like chinks.

This photo makes me wonder...

Whatever happened to predictability?
The milkman, the paperboy, the evening TV?

The best solution is to move some jobs out of those cities.

>cleaner air
>employees don't have to live in cuck sheds
>reduced infrastructure burden

>going to SF for any reason

He deserves it

So the house is getting $80,000 a month in rent? San Franciso isnt that expensive is it?

Create jobs that don't involve working at a tech company or the federal govt?

Demand, dude. They can charge what they want.
But there is no way that can be legal...

Oakland reporting in. They've already fucked up the East Bay. Driving up the prices like crazy. I don't know if the real estate bubble will ever burst out here.

Why the hell would you want to live in San Francisco when it has the crime rate of Detroit and the expenses of New York.

There are jobs outside of the cities. People just refuse to look for them because they view rural areas as inferior somehow. I live in a town with less than 500 people and work as an engineer. It takes me 12 minutes to drive to work and I own a house for $1100/month.

>What are the best solutions to the affordable housing crises occurring in D.C., L.A., S.F. and N.Y.C.?

Expanding tech companies to other cities

>fucked up the east bay
Pretty sure niggers and spics beat them to the punch, Paco.

Whats that bring the rent down to? 600 dollars a month each?

He probably means its nice now so he can't afford to live there anymore.

>What are the best solutions to the affordable housing crises occurring in D.C., L.A., S.F. and N.Y.C.?
Is it really a problem? Why people just don't move?

Not hard. Break up the artificial residential zoning restrictions that result in residential overcrowding due to an overabundance of single family homes while also mandating that new buildings built by startups have to be mixed use.

But that doesn't result in the present, where Zander and Pajeet and Wang are paying collectively half a million in rent in a single building a month. Higher housing values results in higher property taxes which means the fags profit.

Lots of hot guys with exotic HIV strains

The house: archive.is/ysJF0

Thoth is with me

$1,900 per month each

It's like, about the experience and the culture, man

>IT job
>we NEED to be in this location!!

Bullshit. Workers leave the area, industry follows them. Or just work from home, you don't need to be in your COOL DOT COM STARTUP WHERE WE HAVE PING PONG AND BEAN BAGS AND WHACKY MURALS

Fuck I hate IT people. Work from anywhere you stupid fucks.

>San Francisco culture
>anything other than fags and Chinese

Problem, Goyim?

So this place collects $76,000/mo in rent from these people? That's almost a million bucks a year. Couldn't these idiots band together and do something saner?

you jealous?

By the way this was a shitpost but It is actually the reason

People talk, ideas get shared more, things get created quicker when everyone lives with each other.

50 people living in 1 house are far more creative than 50 people living around the country and IT is an industry that relies very heavily on creativity and innovation

I wonder, are these all snowflakes or fags that think they are snowflakes when in reality they are actually just basic fags.

JEALOUS

this desu. I live in Boston and the housing here is pretty expensive but i refuse to go anywhere more. I came originally from FL and for the price I pay here, I could be living in a fucking NICE apartment that is comfy as fuck

>liberals constantly bitch about capitalism while actively supporting it by moving to California in droves and supporting the California companies that treat people like total trash

Pottery

I'm surprised they remember to breath

it was real in my mind

actually they seem to be the least coherent bunch, many just live a few months before they move on again, they share only one thing and that's the love for "SoMa" (south of market)

making $76,000.00 a month off a single residential property, fuck yes.

Full House is different than what I saw on TV.

DAYS GOOO BYYYEE DOO DOOO DOOD DOOT DOO DOO

Do they get to fuck Bob Saget?

why is 1,900$ a month the best price they could find i don't get it lmao

we need a complete and total ban on nerds until we can figure out whats going on

Like a composting bed?

I love when leftists have to suffer as a result of their own ideology

How are those open borders working for you you enormous globalist faggots?

I lived in the Mission district about 4 minute walk from SOMA and paid 540 a month for a pretty good appt that I shared with one other person.

I know rents have gone up since my time there but 1900 a month with 40 people doesn't make any sense.

this article is written with the intent to be click bait

its 1900 total, then split 40 ways

its written to give the illusion that its 1900 per person

fake news

so they just pay $48 each then

cheap fucks

>what do you want to be when you grow up

I want to be a tech hobo

the whole H1B pyramid scam was devised by (((globalists))) as part of their race replacement scheme, it has nothing to do with worker shortage, skills shortage, or other smoke screen excuses

it is a corporate migrant smuggling scheme, as implemented with the migrant refugee scheme
Reminder that the "skilled labor shortage" is a sham.

youtube.com/watch?v=TCbFEgFajGU

>born and raised in NY
>went to McGill

No

Princeton graduates of the 1990s, Joe (((Sigelman))) ’93 and Randy (((Altschuler))) ’93 found jobs in the financial industry.
they decided to quit their high-paying jobs to found OfficeTiger, a company that sends white jobs to browns overseas.

dailyprincetonian.com/news/2004/10/alumni-establish-officetiger-outsourcing-firm-based-in-india/

I leased apartments in a tech area of San Diego for a while. The Indians came in droves and they each made $60,000, usually working at HP. They would put max out the number of residents per apt, like four to a one-bedroom, which at the time was about $1100.

We had one 1BR floorplan that had one stinkin' closet that a bunch of 4 hindus wanted to rent, and I had the hardest time convincing them to snatch up the roomier floorplan that had just come available, with extra closets, for maybe $50 more a month. Greedy little bastards!

We had the hardest time cleaning the places after Indians moved out. We'd paint two coats on the walls and ceiling, and replace the carpet, and spent a precious couple of days spraying Febreeze and running fans with wide-open windows, and it still stunk like curry as soon as you opened the door.

No way in hell can a building in SF be rented for $1900. 1BRs go for around $3K.

>Greedy little bastards!
says the land lord who siphons wealth off of productive people.

We need a land value tax; it will fix the madness in San Fran and force guys like you to become actual productive member of society

look on craigslist

they are not hard to find

do you honestly believe that shitty little apartment in that picture is 60,000 a month?

SOMA is not pacific heights or north beach

its ok, but its kind of dirty and about 5 minutes from the tenderloin

its like the step up from the mission district which is a step up from bernal heights which is a step up from hunters point

article is click bait
I used to live there, its very expensive but its not other worldly

That has to be wrong. I don't believe either the $1900 pp or the $48 pp figures.

Disgusting.

whats happened is there is someone there that has had the lease for at least a couple years, landlords can only increase rent by a small amount each year, so that person has probably been there for 3-5 years when the initial rent was 1700-1800

when the person who has that lease moves out and breaks the lease the rental agency can jack the price up

h1b1s are willing to live in shit conditions like the ones Silicon Valley drops their wageslaves into. Don't like it? Pray that Trump makes good on some promises. Apple, Google, Microsoft HATE HIM because he fights for you to live decently instead of 10 to a cuckshed (like a bunch of mexican illegals.)

blame the chinks

>pic
This.

What is the optimal solution to the real estate speculation problem and why is perpetual imprisonment and an eternity of agonizing torture?

Where were you when the Jew came and named the Jew Sup Forums?

why don't companies allow remote work?

It is not a crisis. It is a product of supply and demand. The people who want to live there have to pay. They have to make enough to justify their cost. When the income goes down, the market prices for good and services will go down to reflect it.

It is not a problem unless you insist on living there and making shit wages.

People can't move 40 minutes away from the city and find affordable housing? This is part of the retardation that I see. You would spend less buying a car and living in a home that cost 1/4th of the rent. "Oh but muh proximity to muh job!111!11!1!". Fuck off with that shit. You work to make money right? You don't work to live close to work...."Oh but muh city culture!1!1!" You live in a city to be close to everything....Define everything? A bar or coffee shop within walking distance?

The whole thing blows my mind.

All the neo-yuppies are getting what they deserve.

The people who have owned homes for decades in these neigborhoods are getting BTFO on property taxes, and would be fools to not sell their home for 5-7x what they bought it for.

Get out of the city...just because its a bunch of tech workers, does not mean they are not degenerate.

I am pretty sure that 40+ people living in a home is illegal immigrant-tier and against code in more than a few places.

Call the right-wing-safety-squad.....

Because then the (((employers))) ballooning real estate portfolio would implode

Lift the building code restrictions and allow apartments to be built once again. This is an artificial issue created by government

Stay there. Don't move to the midwest. I assure you we don't have housing here for $300/month and that includes utilities.

when you look outside of your office window you want to see your livestock, it's a pleasant sight