Is alcohol degenerate?

Is alcohol degenerate?
It sounds like a blue-pill to me, distracting you from your problems and convincing you that everything is okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3593480
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/219455
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.1978.tb05808.x/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2155675
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19450718
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9046385
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17349749
ijpp.com/IJPP archives/2006_50_3/291-296.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who cares if something is degenerate or not? Who do you have to impress?

Of course it's degenerate. It ruins your health, to begin with.
And there's literally NOTHING good about getting drunk. It doesn't even make you feel better.
I don't drink since I was 14.

red-pill:
Weed, LSD and DMT.

blue-pill:
cigarettes, alcohol and everything else

>It doesn't even make you feel better.

Hungover right now, I can tell you it's bluest of pills but makes you pee red so there's that.

Biggest bluest part of the pill is the tax for you and me ozzie.

With duty changes, cheap whiskey is now about 75% tax in price here - check yours, then remember you're taxed on the earnings you gather to pay for said whiskey

Drinking alcohol for the sake of getting wasted is degenerate.

Bluepill is thinking that drugs will lead you down the path of enlightenment. I find that some anons go here first because it feels good, but the redpill isn't in a puff of a joint, a tab on your tongue, or in a cocktail of Syrian Rue and Amazonian roots.

Do drugs because you're a hedonist, and at least self aware enough to know that about yourself.

The truth is that reading books is the only path to enlightenment, and creating a worldview from patches of different things you learn. It takes discipline, something chronic drug users lose as they slip farther into their Cannabyss or microdose delirium.

Alcohol is the mother of all degeneration. In fact not even leftists object to the use of the word "degenerate" when used in the context of alcohol use.

Getting wasted is definitely degenerate, but there's nothing wrong with enjoying it in moderation.

Only drink to get drunk. Otherwise, what's the point? I'm a good citizen living in a world and obiding by laws I dont understand 24/6. The seventh day is me-time. And I like to spend it as far away from my inane, imaginary problems as possible. It takes a load off, basically.

I'm drunk as fuck.

Therefore I declare that its not.

Problem solved.

>makes you pee red

I think you need to see a doctor

Nah, red pee is ultimate beverage. Makes swallowing red pills that much easier.

Yes, it's escapism and in turn it's degenerate

It's the downfall of Western civilisation. So many young Aryan men who could have gone on to achieve so much have been killed in their prime as a result of alcohol. It also ages you like shit. Show me a chronic heavy drinker or alcoholic that looks good. Protip: you can't.

Opt out of drinking culture.

What's your definition of moderation? How does maybe getting buzzed everyday compared to getting trashed 1 a year?

Alcohol is an aspect of every "accomplished" society, and is degenerate based off it's existence. Notice the flags of the countries who have a problem with it.

>not getting trashed everyday
not even American.

If you use it to distract you from your problems and to make you think everything is ok, then yes, your use of alcohol is degenerate.

If you just like to catch a buzz, be a man and have a drink.

>It doesn't even make you feel better

Speak for yourself.

alcohol was fermented because water used to be too dirty to drink. it also has an important role in many religions. moderate wine consumption is also good for your health. abuse is degenerate, but alcohol by itself is not

All the girls are on your dick дpyг !

As most things, it's fine in moderation.

Alcohol raises estrogen. This is a chemical fact.

>moderate wine consumption is also good for your health. abuse is degenerate, but alcohol by itself is not

If you actually feel the effects ie. actually being drunk = you are abusing it. Glass of wine does not mean shit and you get the benefits, but more than that, you are fooling yourself.

Alcohol ABUSE is degenerate, but I can't trust a man who won't have a drink. It makes him seem like he's not in control of himself and is "afraid" of the liquor.

It is a degenerate activity

It´s fine if you don´t get drunk. Otherwise only negatives to your health, lower testosterone, more estrogen etc.

People who use the moderation excuse probably get shitfaced routinely and think it´s good for them (not any benefits whatsoever)

>Russia

Hmmm...

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM, IVAN JUST WANTS ALL THE VODKA FOR HIMSELF

>Alcohol raises estrogen. This is a chemical fact.
links/sauce

alcohol is a distortion of natural occurrence in your blood, as well as perception. Why would you call it bad, it seems to be an indication of any successful society, as well as natural.

You red pill losers don't need alcohol it's not like you go outside or go to a party just forget it and spend your money on a new wifu pillow

Hops is what turns to esteogen you dumb fuck. Not alcohol itself

It's degenerate but so is almost any narcotic or drug. The true redpill is in taking it in moderation and when you choose to; not because of social pressure or a physiological desire to do so.

>The metabolism of ethanol lowers the amount of the coenzyme NAD+ (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide) inside liver and testes. NAD+ is essential part of the electron donoring process needed in the production of testosterone and various other androgens, hence why it’s believed that alcohol lowers testosterone in a dose-dependent manner.

>Alcohol stimulates the brain to release beta-opioid endorphins, which are the reason why you get really relaxed after few beers. Sadly those endorphins are also notorious for their negative effect on testosterone synthesis.

>Alcohol consumption causes oxidative damage in the testicular leydig cells and various other bodily tissues, which leads to local reduction of testosterone inside the ballsack, and also to the destruction of some testosterone molecules already in circulation, due to the effects of the stress hormone: cortisol.

>Chronically high alcohol consumption can significantly increase estrogen levels. This is due to the fact that it boosts the activity of the aromatase enzyme, which works by converting the male sex hormone: testosterone, into the female sex hormone: estrogen.

It has been noted in several rodent studies that consumption of alcohol lowers testosterone levels significantly
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3593480
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/219455
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.1978.tb05808.x/abstract
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2155675

One study in particular is rather alarming, since it showed a 50% reduction in testicle size in rats who were fed a diet with 5% of calories coming from ethanol.

Multiple human studies have found that heavy consumption of alcohol reduces testosterone levels (study, study, study, study). It’s also seen that men who suffer from alcoholism have significantly lower testosterone levels, and higher estrogen levels, than men without alcohol problems, even if they have a perfectly functioning livers

self control, self improvement=the ultimate redpill.

Alex Jones doesn't want this for you, get bitches praise kek.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19450718
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9046385
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17349749
ijpp.com/IJPP archives/2006_50_3/291-296.pdf

Science disagrees with you, ethanol clearly raises estrogen levels in men who drink even moderately vs. men who do not drink at all.

Depends on the company.

If you have a solid focus on what you want to discuss with people, a balanced consumption of alcohol works wonders.

but then why do societies which drink heavily have more masculine men?

I literally cant think of a society that became more masculine as their alcohol consumption dropped. The level of alcohol consumption in the west has dropped steadily over the past 150-200 years.

>I don't drink since I was 14
I want to learn broken English

It's in our blood. It's impossible with the world's best beer surrounding us.

alcohol like wine is actually healthy in moderate consumptions
drinking it just for the reason of getting drunk IS degenerate
just dont overkill while drinking

I've never tasted alcohol. Not because I'm scared but because I have no desire whatsoever to try it.

>I always compare it to why I haven't sucked a dick before, sure it may be fun but I just don't want to try it.

degenerate or not, that's for you and you alone to decide

but convincing you the everything is ok, yea it can do that. i was a alcoholic for 6 years (not had a drink for 1 year this month)
some can take it or leave it, and some can't take it or leave it, everybody is different, you must find out what your strengths and weaknesses are and then you have the opportunity to do something about it.
good luck.

Yes and no. A decent wine with a meal, a cocktail to whet the appetite, a cup of negus to take the chill of the day, what sort of pleb would object to these?
And how a few good flat tasty beers gets the conversation going in a cosy pub.
You can appreciate all that and still despise the drinking culture of going out to get hammered, fighting in the streets, women turning into sluts. Being able to drink responsibly is a sign that you have some self-control.
We are trying to do more than just survive, we are allowed to have some enjoyment. Who forswears alcohol? Puritans and muslims. Well fuck that.

It's fun when you're young but ultimately a waste of your time. Especially once you're out of college.

bretty guud. Alcoholism can be equated with addiction/dopamine generally, saying that people with addictive personalities are a result of evolutionary conquest=if I do this this=reward=I should keep doing this.

Thanks for the sauce.
>5% of calories coming from ethanol.
5%... that's outrageous and should be considered as a sample.

This. Well said.

should=shouldn't

As long as it is in moderation and not done for the purpose of getting drunk, no. Having a beer or two with a friend just because you like beer is not degenerate.

What the fuck is that shit?

I just wish there were bars open when I get out of work at 7am (outside of st. Paddy's day). Would love a place to socialize and try to forget the past 11 years working at my job.

The Third Reich you faggot.

It was good enough for Caesar and Mel Gibson so it's good enough for me

Not to be "THAT"-guy, but they lost.

The Volkisch were vets and NatSoc meetings took place in bierhalls

Are you the only white man working there (presuming you are white)?

Keep telling yourself that.

I think i'm an alcoholic or just have too much free time cause I drink a shitton. Is there a way to tell?

>pee red

Uuuh..user. You're dying.

Well, the human body is a complex thing. Doing something to excess and suffering for it does not necessarily means that doing that thing moderately will have adverse affects.
Also, I'm amazed at how boffins stuff rats full of something and then act surprised when the rats look peaky.

Are you honestly comparing some American brewery to Belgian craftsmanship which has breweries older than your nation?

They lost because of

The definition of addiction is, "Does the action effect your personal relationships, or you relationship with reality?"

Thanks Dr. Drew

Stop drinking, see if you get withdrawals

Try going without it for a week, and see whether it's no problem or whether it occupies your every thought.

>Australian
>Isn't alcoholic

Liar.

Maybe they lost because they relegated absolute authority to someone who managed to be simultaneously a meth addict and a teetotaler

Let other people drink. Take advantage of them.

No, but they are increasingly becoming more than half of our shift. It wasnt always like this. It doesn't make me feel any better emotionally since I'm seeing my displacement in front of my eyes.

Since I have no where else to go, I'll have to deal with this slow death.

so how many aspects are YOU just equating to the consumption of alcohol?

A couple over priced hipster beers brewed in the last decade is a far cry from the trappest master brewers that have been perfecting their craft for over a century.

Being an alcoholic is the ultimate red pill

That guy must be like 70. Do your senior citizens have to work till death?

Varg disagrees

Im a really foul, angry drunk. And when i drink i go 110% and get fucking blackout stupid.
So i dont drink anymore.

Moderation in all things.

Ill try this
I get the shakes the next morning sometimes after getting shitfaced

user, you shouldn't spend the rest of your life at Walmart.
You've already identified a business opportunity (i.e. a 'pub')

Or maybe they lost because their agenda didn't fit (((the rest of the world's))) plan

He's 82. I have the nagging feeling that he will die while working with me so I've already written a eulogy ahead of time.

It's 2017. Retirement is ancient history.

Most of them actually choose to go back to work. Its actually a problem, all levels of labor are over saturated with boomers who only respect other boomers.

Admittedly those expensive ass belgian beers that come in big corked bottles I have tried are literal nectar of the gods...

Framboise is pretty good. I dont like plain Euro beers though.

>written a eulogy ahead of time.
kek

Brandy is the redpilled man's drink

Unfortunately it's import costs. Liquids are heavy to ship. Prices are fair here usually. You can get our piss water beer for cheaper than you can actual water. We had a politician say once that we need to tax beer more because it's too easy to get. (((They))) know what is best.

not drinking Murican niche beer. WTF m8, do you even drink beer?

I dot have a GED or anything and I lack the starting capitol for any business (a given seeing where my work and what my wages are).

Besides, if I was that thirsty then I could just go to a local restaurant as most of them serve alcohol (but fuck paying for breakfast).

As funny as it may sound, I at least owe it to him. He's a big inspiration as I've never heard him complain vocally.

What do you do? If its not 3rd shift stocking youre shafting yourself.

There are plent of jobs that pay above minimum wage that dont require skills or education

I work fucking hard, if I want a beer after work imma do it.

>What do you do? If its not 3rd shift stocking youre shafting yourself.

That's exactly what I do. Haven't seen the sunset since 2008.

At $14/hr this is the best i will ever have it, unfortunately.

>I dot have a GED or anything and I lack the starting capitol

NIGGA, options is the only thing either of those would give you. Identify a path and walk it.

Paying to make your brain work less well seems like a pretty fucking stupid thing to do.

Hang on while I set my Chimey down and place an order to have a beer shipped here for €15 when I could just drive half an hour to the Abbey where they brew the world's best beer as ranked by nearly ever pedant in the beer drinking world. Westvleteren, in case you were unsure.

>Feelsbad.jpg

I would drink a lot of your brews regularly if it weren't $12 for a 32oz bottle here

>pic related

And my home IP just got banned. I think there's a Belgian mod who didn't appreciate my initial comment lmao.

Degeneracy is to be avoided for bettering yourself, not because of what other people might think.

>Is alcohol degenerate?
Yes. I used to be a alcoholic. Fat, lazy and rotten to the core. Take the /cleanpill/, fellas. My life is so much better now.

Witnessed

Where the fuck do you live that 14$/hr isnt more than enough?

At 14$ an hour if I wasnt getting shafted in hours I could literally pay my expenses, buy some luxuries and put away over 150$ a month

I hear you, bro.

Splurge and buy some Murican brew sometime. What's Fat Tire considered around you parts?

$12? Fuck that. One of my favorite IPAs is Goose Island which is American. It's pricy because of import costs, obviously, but I don't remember how bad it was.
Is Goose Island expensive in your parts? I remember it wasn't cheap even when I lived in the States. I don't discriminate when it comes to beer but I can't find a good Belgian IPA besides maybe Chouffe.