Question for oldfags

Oldfags, generally speaking, people who are above the age of 25 or so:

How has Sup Forums kept you in touch with youth today at all?

I'm just curious as to how aging and using a Tasmanian Meme Trading forum interact

I'm talking about a byproduct of being le edgy alt-right white nationalist,

All I want is to see how I'll probably end up

Makes me realize why a wave of newfags are so cancerous to a boards culture

Been here since summer of 15, never used Reddit in my life

Cool. You're still a newfag though

Age is a perspective.

Numbers are a social construct

third wave Sup Forums and reddit fallout makes me puke

so much shit posting after the election

fpbp

>How has Sup Forums kept you in touch with youth today at all?
It is just pudding to me that the world is a shithole worthy of exploding. There is no future.

Structural construct, subtle but significant difference.

>above 25
>oldfag
No this is not a board for 13 year olds.
Im 23 and Im far from an old fag. Ive been here since 2009

Structures are a social construct created by bigots

Sup Forums as a whole will likely be part of my life until either I die or the site is shut down. Been around since 05 and I'm 27 now. It's the last good place on the internet to have conversations since forum culture is pretty much dead thanks to reddit. I can't deal with the conversation flow of reddit where it's ok to downvote ideas you don't like or can't handle. Here if somebody thinks my shit is stupid they have to argue my point down or fucking deal with it. Tripfags get told to fuck off so the only ideas that hold weight or convincing ones. It's a pure place to have discussions.

Plus the shitposting is top notch.

I'm attempting to build self-replicating automata fueled by biomass.
Hopefully they will purge the world of evil.

I just like to tell the truth and impart the wisdom I've gathered to the young folks.

I don't really give a fuck about them,but hey,I've seen some shit and know some shit. If I can make 1 virgin faggot a little bit of a better person,it's all worth it.

das rite

WE

How is 25 an oldfag? I'd say 35 would be nearing middle age fag. Old fags would be people 44+

I'm 33 and I have to agree. Used to post anonymously on Slashdot and other places but this place is basically the only game in town anymore.

>Ie edgy alt-right white nationalist,

>thinks this is Sup Forums and always has been

Grow up kiddo or go back

more proof OP is an underage faggot

oldfag has nothing to do with your own age. It's about how long you've been here.

as you age youll get more racist, more right wingish, more xenophobic, more anti fags you will wish for days that were and are never coming back.
then it will be a long path of dark depression and despair.

I'm 49 but only been here since 2007. I'm an old newfag.

no, I hate mass produced twitter memes, I don't keep tabs on what the crack baby's babies are doing.

Ive been here since 2005

Fast moving boards are all trash, they stifle any complicated discussion and turn into echo-chambers. You can never have a decent well thought out conversation here. It's just memes.

Sup Forums is the containment board for /vg/ and /vr/

Sup Forums is the containment board for /news/

love pic , saved

I think you played yourself bud. 4chinz been around for almost 14 years now
you'd have to be above a certain age to be an oldfag

It hasn't. I come here specifically to get away from them. The brainwashing is blatantly obvious and yet no one questions it, I cringe every time I hear some faggoty leftist with pink hair preach about the evils of the sexist racist white man and nobody bats an eye. Sup Forums is slowly going down the toilet too, this place is filled with edgy newfags who throw tantrums and shitpost nonstop. Shitty parenting has destroyed this generation, if I ever have kids I'm going to set them fucking straight so help me god.

>Been here since summer of 15

I've been on Sup Forums since 2006, I'm 29 now, and I watched as this particular board has been flooded with shills, trolls, and bots.

That's my two cents, later.

>Sup Forums as a whole will likely be part of my life until either I die or the site is shut down.

Same here.

>It's the last good place on the internet to have conversations

Freedom of speech in internet as whole has been curbed down a lot in recent years.

You want to know how an oldfag feels?

Fucking leave. I wish gore and cp were stickied on every board.

>Freedom of speech in internet as whole has been curbed down a lot in recent years.

This comment section has been disabled for your mental protection, "Democracy dies in darkness" plastered at the head of the page.

This is the place where you can tell the edgy newfags that they are nigger faggots though.

Up your game.

>Implying I wasn't 15 years old when I came here in 05
I've been shitposting for a full 12 years and I'm 27 now but that doesn't make me less of an oldfag than someone that's 35. It's about how long you've been here, not your age.

>Hurrr, get off my lawn!

Evolve grandpa. There's not a single fucking thing in this world that's better than when I was a kid either, but I realize I'm a generation out of touch now too.

What are you talking about OP? The vast majority of people on Sup Forums are over 25 and have been here for at least 7 - 8 years.

Or at least I fucking hope so.

As an oldfag pol has kept me aware of just how f-king mentally retarded, degenerate, and (ironically) poorly informed today's liberal youth is.

Oldfaggotry is what's in your heart. Just like niggerism is more than skin deep.

Sup Forums's population doubled over the election and never went down.

Every basement dwelling libtard and paid shill on the planet ended up here on a crusade to stop us from having a negative impact on globalism.

Some people are just crazy snarky assholes. You can't fix stupid.

I wouldn't know all the shit about smartphones and all the app texting culture social media bullshit without Sup Forums

The new wave of kek worshipping autists is the cancer killing Sup Forums

▼ ▼
▲ ▲

>Sup Forums's population doubled over the election and never went down.

I was talking more about Sup Forums in general.

>Every basement dwelling libtard and paid shill on the planet ended up here on a crusade to stop us from having a negative impact on globalism.

And Allah bless them for that. The 2016 election was entertaining as fuck. Especially the last month before the election.

Pol keeps me up to date on the dankest memes and has the rarest pepes. What else does one need keep up with?

Kek worship is just board culture, board culture being literally the only thing to stop (((them))) from subverting the entire website by now.

The admins are straight up told to leave Sup Forums the fuck alone, I've been in the meetings. But some liberal always manages to snag janitor, have a little party on Sup Forums and then lose their status the next day.

this sadly, this board used to have a lot of quite elaborated shit postings, a better version of /his/
and it used to be more liberal

then in 2014-2016 not much happened but shills and bots arrived. and everyone started to lean to the right

since the immigrant crisis and trump, the board is at an never known speed and I like it

Oldfag has nothing to do with biological age.

wizard here, been here since '04

I dont really consider peoples age often, a post is a post, the side effect of anonymity. This means im probably more 'with it' with 'the younger generation' than is typical for humans of my age, since i basically came to Sup Forums at 18 and have more or less came here every day since (with short breaks when something caught my interest)

Thats more of a Sup Forums thing though, Sup Forums has at varying times been a place ive visited a lot and a place i ignore. I never posted on the old /new/, so i first encountered the Sup Forums board culture in its Sup Forums form. I come and go from here, at times its a good board, at times a bad board.

Sup Forums is the most similar board to old Sup Forums that currently exists in regards to how it makes content. The subject is different in most cases but the spirit is there. This is true right now, and has been true for Sup Forums in the past as well, but there have been periods inbetween where Sup Forums has been a shit place that i just stopped going to.

/qa/ actually has the largest concentration of legitimate oldfags as far as i can tell. But thats not saying much since theres only like 3 regulars there. I know one is verifiably ancient though, i have examined their memes and it checks out.

Sup Forums will keep you young.

>It hasn't. I come here specifically to get away from them. The brainwashing is blatantly obvious and yet no one questions it, I cringe every time I hear some faggoty leftist with pink hair preach about the evils of the sexist racist white man and nobody bats an eye.

Or you do question it and the new age faglords frame your questioning as an emotional dichotomy where you occupy the realm of hate, fear and anger and they occupy love, acceptance and benevolence. If you wanna know what the youth are into go to reddit and read the smiley faced cancer that occupies the popular page there.

>mfw. trying the jewforce after years and realizing that it doesn't work anymore

▲ ▲

Pretty much this. Subtle things like saying (((we))) outs you instantly as somebody that doesn't understand so you can distinguish a shill from a regular user even while anonymous. Without this the board would be compromised pretty easily.

no way! kek is good, frogposting was absolute shit but the kek spin is the kind of real authentic meme action of old.

Its not like this is the first time Sup Forums invented a religion, its a well established subcatagory of memeology

I got WebTV in like 1995 I think. Been on the internet since it started. AMA.

Don't try and tell me things haven't changed for the worse, the facts are there.

Not that I don't have hope, I believe there's a chance the next generation will wake up and try to fix things. We'll just have to wait and see.

Been on Sup Forums since 2005. I turn 30 in 3 days. Only boards I go to are Sup Forums and Sup Forums now

does anyone have the timeline picture of what years fall into what categories? oldfag, newfag, cancer, reddit, etc.

+1
challanging ideas that aren't status quo are still visible here and must be either ignored or confronted, while on reddit they can be eliminated. Reddit for all of its claims of liberal tolerance and freedom of speech flirts with the real practices of totalitarianism more than Sup Forums ever did.

jews arent a triforce. maybe 2 triforces. The whole thing about the synagoge of satan is that they are trying to unite the male of female and make the baphomet. Triforce is the christian trinity and the gnosis it brings

>Sup Forums is the most similar board to old Sup Forums that currently exists in regards to how it makes content

This.

>Sup Forums will keep you young

If by young you mean autistic/insane then yes.

You could say that ten years ago. You can't really say that now. Sup Forums is getting old and so are we.

Fuck off cunt

Sup Forums went from racist lolbertarians to racist natsocs/nationalists

27 here, it just made me hate them more. Their stupid vines and shit are just cancer.

>Don't try and tell me things haven't changed for the worse, the facts are there.

But that's exactly what I said? I went as far as to say NOTHING is better.

That being said I'm putting my faith in Gen Z too.

im 30.
posting on Sup Forums since 2003
i formed Sup Forums
Sup Forums didnt form me
thats what it means to be an original fag.

>49
Whippersnapper, 51 here. I remember shitposting on dialup BBSs

That's why it's good to have fresh blood/cancer. This place regenerates itself. Like a tumour.

>Or you do question it and the new age faglords frame your questioning as an emotional dichotomy where you occupy the realm of hate, fear and anger and they occupy love, acceptance and benevolence
I don't bother. You can't reach these people. It's like you said in their minds you're an evil baby eating nazi and that means anything you say is a lie and they can destroy your life because hey "he was a nazi".

I don't know what your definition of 'oldfag' is here. Yes, I am an oldfag within the context of Sup Forums (been browsing since '07). Even then, I'm not really an 'oldfag', I'm more of a summer cancer fag by the standards of '07.

I'm 24, so it implies that I browsed Sup Forums at age 14.

How have I kept in touch with the youth today? Well I'm dating an 18 year old. Before the internet age, a 6 year age gap would have meant nothing, but today it means a lot.

Today's youth have a rapidly changing and growing culture, and I think we'll find that because of the fast process, we won't have to have 20+ years of experience over our juniors to feel alienated/old. It's moving at such an incredible pace.

That's my thoughts on the matter anyway.

I figured you were being sarcastic.

Knowledge is power. I wonder how much more we can do. The sky is the limit.

I remember when Sup Forums used to be fun...

It's the other way around - Sup Forums is downstream from youth.

>dat pic
>consumer sites
fucking materialist whores ruined the interwebs

No I was understanding where you were coming from but telling you there's not much we can do about it.

You become old the very moment you stop learning and living in the current world.

I had a Commodore 64 with tape drive,poorfag.

There are many butthurt liberals who just try to get some power to shit on Sup Forums.

Just join their IRC or go on /qa/..
They literally spend their whole life trying to kill Sup Forums.

I believe this. I gave up on /qa/ like a year ago

suck a Merkel cock.

I feel like it was never fun, just fresh. You grow out of it eventually when you realize all of the YLYL shit is rehashed a million times and then you venture out into your first real board. Sup Forums is containment for the masses and if they like what they see in regards to culture they venture off.

I thought /qa/ was removed by Moot for being "delete Sup Forums: The Board".

Sometimes I wonder what Sup Forums would look like if it was created today.

More reasons to get a gun

You must be a joy.

been here since early 2006

I just pretend all the paid shills and waves of newfags are just trolls playing pretend

Gore and CP made up a lot of the early Sup Forums days.

It apparently kept you fucking leafs away at least. No one realized how horrible your country was till the Trump election.

Are you me desu

Came on 4chin in 2007 in search for Hentai. I though it was rare sword in some stupid video game. Was quite surprised.

Started visiting this board around 2010.

ohh... you missed something
/qa/ was a saltmine after Trump won.

I like what I see here a lot more than I like the totally blind liberalism that dominated my own generation.

>ID

Off by one though. I should have praised kek

26. been here since i was a teenager. far more active the past 3-4 years.

I will probably be here till the end.

wtf I swear I remember /qa/ being deleted before the election.

47 year old ancientfag here..
The youth today are beyond help. The pussification of young males, rampant autism, and videogames have made most gen z effeminate, balding, and often impotent. They realize the best days were all in the past.. the 80s and 90s, and wait awaits them in the future are shitty jobs that will be automated away.