Is buying American 100% really worth it?

Is buying American 100% really worth it?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/roadshow/news/born-in-the-usa-toyota-camry-earns-most-american-car-honor-again/
cars.com/articles/the-2016-carscom-american-made-index-1420684865874/
crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1877186
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>american cars
ahahahaha

>japanese genitals
aahahahaha

Awww, did I trigger you because your industry is shit?

>feminine penis

ahahahaha

Japanese FOV

American cars are turds tho

better buy a good German Car

they will get more expensive now with Trump policies and nobody will want to buy that.

It depends on what you want out of a car.

>Japanese in charge of car design

American cars are shit.

>Americans in charge of making reliable engines

>Canadians in charge of not being Chinese

Lincolns have the most retarded lights and grilles.

Nu

How does anyone even fit in here? That's ridiculous. Plus, only ONE regular sized up holder?! I bet it doesn't even fit a medium sized cup. I bet getting out of this thing is a bitch without the helper handles on the windshield column.

Those lights are ridiculously ugly. Robocop eyes.

Look at this grille as well, it looks like some buck toothed chink caricature.

This. Japanese cars have more American made parts in them then other car manufacturer's do.

cnet.com/roadshow/news/born-in-the-usa-toyota-camry-earns-most-american-car-honor-again/

cars.com/articles/the-2016-carscom-american-made-index-1420684865874/

American made but Jap engineering.

If you buy American only buy Ford, they are on par with a good German car but for less money.

Why are Canadians even in this thread? They don't even have a domestic car brand. It's like India jumping into a thread about toilet manufacturing.

Well we still buy them, don't we?

The buick 3.8 L V6 is one of the most reliable engines built on the face of the planet. I have no idea where you are going with this post

Got a used 97' v6 Park Avenue.

Engine leaked oil like a sieve and eventually brought it to the wrecker.

I do believe buying America is the way to go when it comes to materials. I see this a lot in my trade, but without fail, american made pipes, copper, joints flux solder etc, are always better when they are made in the united states. We are not allowed to buy steel and copper fittings at my shop unless they are made in USA because of this. As for cars and other stuff like that, its a toss up I think.

Eh... Toyota trucks are a lot more fun, easier to fix,and can go anywhere

American trucks can haul and usually look nice though, so if you're into pavement princesses that can tow a 5th wheel...

>american cars
>worth it

:DDDDDDDDDDDD

>he's never used the AMC i6
at least before chrysler started putting it into rustbuckets

>ford offed mercury instead of lincoln
10 years later and I'm still salty as all hell

My car was made in my state

Buy local

Up until I bought it I was a huge BMW fanboy, but the planned obsolescence was too sharp and constant

>Is buying American 100% really worth it?
>implying that shitty rental car is actually 100% American
THIS is 100% American

Agree that the classics are good. From 79 and before depending on the make and model.

>the planned obsolescence was too sharp and constant

I don't know where people get the idea that American engines are unreliable. When I lived in Germany my landlord said that people in town liked to buy cars that military guys had brought over from the US because the engines were generally more durable. And it makes sense that a 2.4 liter 4 cylinder or a 3.8 liter V6 is going to hold up better than a 1.4 or 1.6 liter engine that is overtaxed by the quantity of car it's pulling around.

They make a bunch of our cars

They made the previous gen Camaro, the current ford gt (though the engine comes from the US)

Funny way of spelling Cadillac

ur a fag if you dont know about planned obsolescence

Fords aren't awful, Chevy has the best engines but the bells and whistles go to shit, quickly. But the bottom of the barrel of American cars are newer Jeep, Dodge and Chryslers.

I know one of my Honda's was assembled in my neighboring states of KY. Some Jap cars like Honda and Toyota are more American made by its people and some-most cars parts, while many Fords and Chevys have some-most foreign cars parts.

You're still posting this Lincoln meme?

At least our cars are exciting. Fuck your boring appliances.

>buy local
>used car
>entire point is irrelevant as it doesn't contribute to US car manufacturing at all, parts withstanding
>giving money to some fuck head off craigslist and supporting him instead

You might as well have bought a used BMW as the net effect of either is practically nill on the economy. How about you put your money where your mouth is and cough up and buy a brand new car instead and actually contribute to the GDP.

>Buy E36 M3
>Wow this car is amazing to drive and sounds great
>Plastic water pump impeller that literally degrades over time doubly if you use the wrong type of coolant (there shouldn't be a "wrong coolant" lets be real here)
>Shitty plastic fuel pump that fails
>shitty biodegradable rubber on literally everything that needs to be replaced in its entirety (every wire, every pipe, everything) or your car will leak and constantly have electrical problems
>speaking of electrical problems i hope you like your car just randomly deciding not to start because it has a security system and the biodegradable wires are rubbing somewhere
>already more shitty American spec engine gets more shitty over time because there's some sort of lining in the cylinders that is degraded over time by american fuel

on top of all of this

it was slower, got worse fuel economy, and cost more to insure than that Corvette

Tons of fun to drive though

If you're American, yeah.

Lincoln? More like La Forge

Top kek, idiots put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

Question: What was the real purpose of cash for clunkers? Fucked up the used car market, that's for sure.

fords are gud

I dont care where it comes from, I want 400hp in a big ass sedan. And I dont want to pay 50k for it.

If you live in Michigan and don't drive an American car you will be harassed at least once while driving for not buying American. It's very bizarre, especially considering that the American car industry basically abandoned the Detroit metro area and fucked up the entire state.

the new continental is actually pretty nice

still probably wouldn't go with it, but it's certainly competitive with the rest of the luxery sedans by bmw, audi etc

>What was the real purpose of cash for clunkers?

>Ostensible purpose: encourage people to trade in gas guzzling SUVs for more efficient cars.
There was a little bit of truth here. To get the waiver you had to be switching to a vehicle that got better mileage

>Real purpose: subsidy of the auto companies by encouraging people to buy cars.
The recession started in 2007 followed by the crash of the housing market, the stock market, and the credit market. Automobiles and appliances are the kinds of goods that people often delay replacing when they need to economize. The car companies were in a bad position and it looked possible that sales could be in the toilet well into 201X. So they subsidized purchases.

t. traded in mom and dad's busted ass old minivan that barely made it to the dealer for a small car

The real purpose of it was to get rid of as many untrackable/unhackable cars as possible.

Gotta make sure you all have OnStar, so that GPS is tracked at all times and your car can have its engine remotely disabled, goy.

>From 79 and before
Good taste user, I'm starting to fall for a lot of malaise era/early 80's fridges on wheels. Any barges used in NASCAR are usually prime for chopped springs and a wider set of wheels and they look sick. They're not as iconic as your usual calendar muscle cars, but they get the job done.

Its also hilarious if you actually build one to go fast

>small car

is this you?

>Tesla
>Faggy Haircut
>Faggy Clothes

Seems about right

good post

American cars are designed by Europeans now so they are designed well.

THE PROBLEM IS THE ASSEMBLY LINE.

In Europe your car has only been touched by white hands by the time it gets to you.
In USA not so much...

>YFW a nigger sat in your car before you

they depreciate too fast

Cadillac has BMW tier reliability

Also the UAW is cancer and they make shitty cars.

Ya most luxury brands do

Unless its british then it's chrysler tier reliability

Buying used American cars increases people's confidence in new American cars because they know they can sell it later. If it's sensible to do so you should definitely go for a new car, but if it would be financially irresponsible then a used American car also helps the industry.

Of course, at the end of the day all of your money is just going to Mr. Goldberg so you should just kill yourself to really help the economy.

Also British cars are all indian now because Jag/LR was bought be a Prajeet

Japanese > German > American

Toyota and Honda are good cars that last forever.
German cars have the best engineering.
American cars are good for outdoors and heavy duty stuff.

>got worse fuel economy
And that's how I know you didn't own either of those cars. American V8s guzzle gas by nature and make I6's look like economy cars

The 4.6L Modular V8 would like a word with you.

NO. I always avoid buying American, it's always shit

they tend to use older technology, the Corvette used valve push rods until 2004

>buying American
>ever
Literally cannot compete

>until 2004
The LS engine still uses pushrods

And that's how I know you've never owned either.

My E36 M3 was high revving, basically constantly above 4000 rpm

My C4 Corvette I never have to go above 3000, usually stay under 2000 on the highway, get a combined of about 20 mpg while the M3 got around 16 or 17

Turns out low end torque v8s with overdrive gears get better MPG than high strung high revving engines who knew

(spoiler anyone who knows anything about cars)

Acura offers a nice compromise with a car designed in Japan but manufactured in America.

Is it true burger engines explode at 60 k miles?

I thought that was just the carbed crate engines, not the production ones

I'm driving a 27 year old Cadillac fine

I enjoy it.

>Turns out when you drive like a retard you get worse MPG
Ftfy, push that Vette around to redline and get back to me.
If you even can, fucker probably only has two pedals.

Yeah but they are poorly designed

Pic related is 50k, when at that price you can get an E class or a Continental

>nipshit

US build quality took a massive hit in the mid 2000s, wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, but companies are recovering quickly
for example, Buick now makes some of the most reliable cars on the road, right up there with Toyota

How are Camaros? Been saving up money for the past few weeks and I'm looking to get the V6 one by this summer.

If I was building posh cars, I would rub my cock all over the steering wheel and gear shifter.

Shit visibility

>v6 camaro

JUST

I do, when I need to, that's the point.

The C4 has the torque to get to speed at a timely manner without high rpm while the M3 required much higher RPMs, combined with the borla exhaust the previous owner put on everyone always thought i was trying to race them

Don't get me wrong, it was a blast to drive, but not economical, and this isn't anything new.

LT4 is the newest engine and it's still pushrod powered.
It sounds like you had bad driving habits and got an automatic transmission now fampai
T. Someone who's actually dailied single digit gas guzzlers

Why would I need to buy american when my 2000 Nissan Altima is still running perfectly with close to zero maintenance costs?

Guy in this thread has a Crown Vic with over 740k on it.
crownvic.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1877186

My car is a 6 speed manual user, i'm not sure why you are projecting like this

Second engine. Probably had major repairs. I had a Buick LeSabre with 545k on the original engine when the original trans finally died. I really wanted to throw a new trans in it and see how long the engine would run, but I couldn't see throwing $1500+ into a car with less than my shirt.

Right, but either way, the cars themselves last a very, very long time.

Ha, Audis and Vw's are the biggest pieces of shit. My A4 was at the dealership every other month with a different issue. Same with my Vw's, always the head gasket, electrical, transmission etc.

Do not buy Audi, Vw or Bmw unless you like driving around with the radio off listening to the car because you're paranoid as fuck the thing is going to break down.

Because a pushrod V8 driven by a gramps will always get better MPG than an I6 that's not even that strung out.
>320 HP out of an overengineered 3.2
>high strung
Lol

Yeah. The thing about American vs nip cars is that nip cars will tolerate shitty maintenance for longer. Most of the time, if you keep changing the oil in a nip car it will make it to 200k, but if you actually do your fucking maintenance in a burger mobile, they will last just as long. Not to mention I never had to have a $1000 timing job in my Buick.

>320 HP out of a NA spec pre 95 m3
>3.2
>I know what im talking about guys

It's okay to admit when you are wrong user

>say e36 M3
>be surprised when the go to e36 M3 is thought of
?
Unless you think the USDM 3.0 with 240 HP is high strung?
That's hilarious, do you know what high strung means?

Certainly higher strung than an LT1 that makes all of its power under half it's max RPM

For the record there is no NA M3 that made over 300 horsepower, unless you thought my flag was European?

Thanks, about what I expected.

Follow up question: Can you explain the piece of shit that is the Chevy Cobalt?

I figured when you said high strung you had a EUDM swap like any reasonable M series owner would.
I'm slowly realizing these are likely not cars you paid for.
So... you wanna talk to me about what you think high strung is?