Why are melinials doing Mexican tier shit instead of saving up for a down payment on a mortgage in the suburbs?

Why are melinials doing Mexican tier shit instead of saving up for a down payment on a mortgage in the suburbs?

Why not just live in a van down by the river?

>DUUUDE YOU GOTTA LIVE DOWNTOWN ITS A CULTURAL EPICENTER

Only scenesters actually think this way

Dude just save money

In other words, why live in a city during an economic depression at all? Very good question.

ewww, the suburbs? who are you? my dad?
next you'll be saying i said should start a family LOL

Lol, I'm 18 and my parents are paying for my 2 years at communtiy college to learn a trade. Tuition is super cheap. I already have money for a down payment from working like a dog in high school.

I'm hopefully going to own a home before I'm 25. Fuck those melinial disgraces who can't get their life together.

>hurrdurr, I want to live in the city. MUH STUFF TA DO!

>tfw too smart to own land
We need to share our country with our fellow immigrants. Land ownership is cruel.

Because all the best shows take place there!
>muh stuff ta do!
Every person who says that is talking about bars, as though you can't get drunk and chase sluts in the boonies.

Those aren't millennials living 40 to a house, those are H1B slaves.

The stink in there...

My problem with suburbs are the cookie cutter houses with no character because they're mass produced and you can choose from 1 of 4 nearly identical models and you have zero landscaping either.

Oh lord.
>forty pajeets, all emitting that pajeet oder

We ought to nuke SF clean to be safe.

It's just a big wooden box you put your stuff in that you spend 30 years paying off, who cares.

>durrrr I'm a coder in Silicon valley pls sleep with me but we will have to go to your house

40 fucking pajeets...I can't even fucking imagine.

> tfw friends fell for the downtown meme

Downtown SF, Soma, and any district not on a hill are literal shitholes

I fucking hate having to go there

>Jobs in the suburbs
Hilarious!

Tech workers are just poo in loos user.

>Earn 200k
>Still live in a cardboard box

A guy literally did that to me here in Seattle. Tech bros may be "rich" but they are still very awkward.

Checked

well silicon valley is a fucking meme but cities in general are better to live in than depressing slowly dying suburbs

San Fagsicsco is a shithole

>born in silicon valley
>google is headquartered in my city and prices family out when they get big around 2001-2002
>move to pacific NW
>same shit is happening now with socal and texas hipster faggots moving here

>>Earn 200k
lol

Isn't Silicon Valley one of the most liberal places on the planet?
What is their excuse for allowing this to happen?

The average programmer in the USA, that includes Pajeets and those in Montana or other shitholes earns like 90k $ a year. SF is easily over 150k.

Because it now costs $1 million for house in the bay area.

Liberal paradises require high taxes
CA taxes are borderline criminal

Liberals don't actually care about wealth inequality. That's why leftists hate them so much.

>and those in Montana or other shitholes earns like 90k $ a year
Not even close.

It's typically more around $40-70k outside of major metros, and that's only assuming you've got experience.

This is why it's meaningless when someone says how much they make without specifying where they live. Cost of living is really low here in Texas, whereas it's $3,500+ a month for a shitty apartment in San Fran.

they're "bourgeoisie bohemians"
hippies from the 60s and 70s that grew up and decided that social issues were more important than economic ones
in fact they push social justice issues so stridently because they have to validate their liberal status somehow despite being rich and despite exploiting poor people

>average
That's heavily weighted by a small number of extremely valuable people.

Because we aren't falling for the mortgage meme like your dumb ass did.

Local gov only looks to protect super low income so they can look good to their constituency, meanwhile bending over backwards to bring in tech so they can get taxes from them. Middle class without a home already gets pushed out, limited homes get snatched up or sat on.

Tech companies have to pay their employees more and more to keep up with the cost of living while the land owners raise their rents higher and higher, one upping each other over and over while the average worker's pay stays stagnant or can't come even close to keeping up.

It's SF politics and all its downsides played out in accelerated form. They've done this shit for years but we had busts to keep a check on it. Hopefully we're on the cusp of another one.

No its heavily weighted by a huge number of low wage Indians.

>Middle class without a home already gets pushed out, limited homes get snatched up or sat on.

The rent control isn't based on income.