Escaping the fiat money trap

How do I buy gold, silver and bitcoin? What are good websites/services?

Other urls found in this thread:

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/bitcoins-very-important-day-has-turned-into-a-shitshow-etf-denied?utm_source=mbtwitter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>buying silver

Tell me where to buy real money I know you assholes are hoarding

apmex.com makes buying gold and silver easy as fuck for the beginner

coinbase.com is good for bitcoin/ethereum

All 3 is good. Bitcoin is way more risky though. I recommend it because its been good to me, but i wouldnt put more than 5% of your savings in it.

Fuckin hilarious, Australia. How hard is it to cash out for actual metal instead of bits in an account?

You mail it in and then they mail you a check. Took about 2-3 weeks end to end last I did it.

Or if you need cash fast you can take it to a local shop of some sort, although of course you'll have to know what it's worth in that case. But the point of buying physical is long term holding; for liquidity of course you'd want computer numbers, FRNs, etc.

>implying gold isn't fiat

Peter Schiff has his own company that does this thing you ask

just google schiff gold

Check'd and thanks for the link. Ampex seems like a good deal just gotta read more.

silver bullion bars and rounds on Ebay

They're ~50% above market silver price. Price would have to rise a shitload to break even.

Make your own

As a beginner:

>90% "junk" silver
>1oz American Silver Eagles
>Any size American Gold Eagles

You can refine those choices as you go. Maple Leaf equivalents are just as good (sometimes they're a bit of a better buy, sometimes not).

I've done business with a number of online firms, but I'll also single out kitco.com, which has good charts, and also offers unallocated pool accounts. These are more liquid -- about a week to get my money last time I sold, but it's a totally different situation since they (allegedly) have the physical gold or silver and you just have numbers in a computer. However, there are no shipping costs and so you can add to the pool account little by little and then when you have enough money you can convert that into physical and take delivery of a more significant quantity so that you don't get hosed on shipping costs.

I've been thinking of getting a sluice box and living in a van in alaska for a while. Seems like a fun way to get drunk in the forest and make some bank. Also no dirty government cunts trying to take a chunk or knowing I have it.

Gold and silver are just as inherently valueless as paper currency. If you want true currency, you have to have a lot of and control supplies of food and water.

Almost correct, but I'm not sure this thread was meant to cover prepping or survival.

Gold and silver are fairly easy, I'm not a legitimate retard though so maybe your road head has a few more obstacles.

Know the market value of gold and silver. Be on the constant look out at coin shops, flea markets, online markets like Craigslist (bring a weapon to all online market deals and be prepared to use it). Some skinny twigged out crackhead set me up once (remember everyone has a smart phone these days and can post and reply to ads on online markets). I got to the Tim Hortons parking lot, we were supposed to meet inside, silly me I have him a description of my car and myself and he was waiting low key in the parking lot for me. He opens the passenger door and gets in out of fucking nowhere. Told me there is no mason jar full of scrap gold (which is what I was expecting). Instead he tells me to give him the cash that he knew I had been carrying to buy the scrap. I go into my pocket like I'm getting the cash and pull out the exacto utility knife I had brought, slid the blade up as I pulled it out and put the blade up against the side of his throat. He had some kind of mini autist seizure and started hyperventilating and sobbing and hick upping. I told him to run out of my car and out of my field of vision in 7 seconds or I would end him.

Anyways, buy silver and gold for cheaper or at the market price and hold on to it until u need it.

Don't buy bitcoin but dogecoin seriously it's going to pop and triple in the next 2 months

there are bitcoin atm's just like everywhere in Europe and USA as well as in developed east asia countries. You might need to confirm your personality there, if its required by law. Here in Estonia i must show my id-card for this. Or you just can search for localbitcoin and buy from person

Already have bullets, seeds and land. The world hasn't blown up though and inflation is actually a thing.

When did I say anything about doomsday prep? I'm talking about the here and now. You control for and water, you can charge whatever you damn well please and no one can question you until you get overrun by angry citizens.

Sounds to me like you're talking about preparing for being overrun by angry citizens. I don't disagree with you, but thread topic is clearly to do with particular currencies alternative to fiat.

Water and food ARE the only alternative to fiat currency. Do you not understand that everything is valueless except the things that keep us alive?

Seems like gold sells for much closer to market price than silver does.

1234/1205 = 1.024 = 2.4% over market value

18/17 = 1.111 = 11.1% over market value

Seems like gold is the better deal, my dudes.

GoldMoney.com

Nigger, when currencies fail to the point where the only things that matter are survival then that's called SHTF. Again, you are mostly correct. You're just off topic.

That's like if I said, "gee should I invest in this stock or buy more bonds Sup Forums?" and everybody said OH MY FUCKING GOD ITS HAPPENING RUN FOR THE HILLS NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

value is coming from characteristics of item helping us fulfill our needs. so everything fulfilling our needs directly or helping us to fulfill them is valuable.

GLD is a gold etf that tracks the price of gold. One share of the etf is backed by .1 ounces of gold held in london or new york

where's a good spot to buy dogecoin? i used to use wesellcrypto.com but there's a 15% transaction fee. fuck that shit

Anything in London can be rehypothecated infinitely and unless they changed the ETF it's backed in large part by derivatives (thereby making it a derivative in and of itself that can be used to further manipulate spot price). So it's not a bad way to get exposure to spot price into your portfolio of shares, but it plays an entirely different role from holding physical.

What you'd want to watch out for here is the price to hold paper gold vs. the price to obtain physical. The more those two diverge, the closer the paper game is to coming unglued.

Vienna Philharmonic gold coins any good?

vs. Maple Leafs?

vs. American Eagles

pros/cons?

>Don't buy bitcoin but dogecoin seriously it's going to pop and triple in the next 2 months
>buy my bags
No. Fun story btw.

> thinking gold and silver is going to matter when global markets crash and currency is worthless

I don't understand this logic.

All are fine and dandy world-recognized coins. I hold all of the above.

The advantage as a person in the US of American (or Canadian) coins is that they might be better-recognized when it comes time to sell. As such, they might fetch a slightly higher selling price, offsetting the slightly higher buying price up front.

So in other words, if you think one day you might have to sell to a small local dealer or barter with it, then it would help to have something more common, trusted, and desired. And if you're holding long term because you think it will be a good way to preserve wealth and you're not expecting our current comfy lives to be radically altered, then a slightly higher buy price up front won't mean much compared to the value you get back out when selling.

So I for instance have a few Krugerands just for novelty and to know what they're like in person should that ever become relevant. But I wouldn't stock up on them because they're comparatively unusual.

retard here
what should I buy?
gold or silver?

Elon Musk will start mining asteroids and gold will be cheap as aluminum.
Did you know that the tip of obelisk in Washington is made of aluminium because it used to be so expensive that they used it to show how powerful USA is?

coinbase for bitcoin... try to wait for the next drop in price, though

for gold, goldmoney.com... you can order any amount of physical gold from them and it is delivered to your house :)

Yup, you never know what might happen down the road. Perhaps the Rothschilds will come up with a nuclear power cycle that results in gold, or someone will figure out how to harness it out of microbial sea life. But I suspect that if Mr. Musk personally had access to that kind of power that he'd be taken out pretty quick if he weren't willing to not rock the boat with it.

It's not like anybody was using an aluminum-backed currency at the time.

I want to start buying one of these every month or so. If the price falls down a lot maybe I'll buy one every couple of weeks.

So far Kitco seems like they have them cheaper than anyone else.

Silver
It has the secondary use of being able to kill jews

>some guy falls for this meme
>is sitting on a shitton of gold
>pushes the meme that its worth something to sell it for cash money

why do you think they jack the price to mint all these coins? Is there a place just to buy nuggets or bars myself without these gorrila coin bullshit?

Go to a pawnbroker. Might be dealing with the most arrogant scum of the earth. Might be a little risky - you could be buying gold plated tungsten off the guy. But at least the transaction would be done in cash. That's what I would do. Post office also sells coins from the mint, but those aren't always pure gold - sold mostly for their artwork symbolism.

and how much silver do I need?

checked and kekked

Traditionally speaking, gold is regarded primarily as a monetary metal and the real deal for what really counts as money. Just about the most conservative bet you can make.

Silver is partially monetary and partially industrial. So it has more risk involved as an industrial commodity but still has one foot in the monetary base. Some think (as I do) that there is significant potential upside due to both price rigging and the fundamentals of industrial consumption vs. production.

So the standard advice is to do both. And then that way you have silver for small purchases and gold for large ones, as has been historically the case. The question is what your ideal gold:silver ratio would be. Opinions vary on this. I personally aim to have about as much dollar value of gold as dollar value of silver, which arguably is more heavy into silver than a lot of traditional rules of thumb.

>he isn't stocking up on cigarettes

it's the true patrician form of currency

The only reason fiat money is necessary is because of welfare/market interventions.

After the bailouts of the great depression, they got rid of the gold standard.

Of course. But the question is when you go to sell it, who will buy it and how far will they trust it? If it's scrap, who will eat the cost of getting it assayed or refined into some recognizable form? Is your no-name gold bar full of actually full of tungsten?

What's the use, you can't do anything about it.

Just have 15 paypal accounts (under the 4 000 USD limit for identification) with different currencies.

When you need to use one, use the strongest one. That's it.

Gold,
Always believe in your soul

Fiat also increases efficiency of trade because you don't have to keep carting the gold around. Check out the story of Kublai Khan, even if it's just the wikipedia version. It's one of my favorite short end-to-end stories of going from gold to fiat, rebuilding an empire in the process, and then back to ruin, all in the span of a lifetime (fiat usually lasts about 1 human lifetime).

and in what form should I get gold?
like in coins? or bars?

and silber too, coins or bars or what?
and how to store it?
I don't trust (((banks)))

YOUVE GOT THE POWER TO KNOW
YOU'RE INDESTRUBCTIBLLLLLLEEEE

but in all seriousness Gold is a Jewish scam, the dollar isn't going to collapse and Gold will settle at a price of 800 dollars an oz eventually

Why would you want to buy silver and gold? Huge risks there buddy. Making your apartment a target for lowlife to rob. Also, space mining in 20 years will render those metals worthless, and a lot of people are going to lose their money. Why do you think the canadian government has sold off all its gold? They have something like 7 ounces left - that's it! There's a reason for the gold and silver craze - it's going to crash. A fool's game. I would put my money into marijuana, even though i hate the stuff. But, if you really are going to get gold or silver, set up advertisements for "I buy gold silver" and learn the techniques for spotting fakes. You can buy up plenty of the stuff from crack heads for real cheap. You might be the reason why people's homes are getting robbed by crackheads and other filthy degenerates, but at least you're the one profiting on top.

I'm not familiar with the German gold market or tax structure. You'd have to ask somebody else. It could be that jewelry gets you around the tax situation, or that bars from Credit Suise are the way to go, or British Sovereigns or Austrian Philharmonics.

I just don't know the answer for you.

Bitcoin just got BTFO.

motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/bitcoins-very-important-day-has-turned-into-a-shitshow-etf-denied?utm_source=mbtwitter

JM Bullion. I buy almost exclusively from them. Fast shipping and service. I've been with them for a while so they allow me to do electronic checks so I get better pricing than if I were to pay with a debit card.

+1 on this site.

that makes sense
or maybe they needed the cash for dem programs?
how would that work with the space mining? (lets say it happens).
wouldn't governments want to regulate it so the market doesn't crash?

I just wanna know if I should get bars or coins, forget the taxes for a moment.

if you buying silver get a position with buying anything close to spot. Then buy semi numismatic government minted coins. Some of them explode in value aswell i.e 2010 year of the tiger perth mint coin. They also don't really take the blow when silver price takes a hit.
For anyone in the Uk and have the money to buy bulk go for Britannia's there is no CGT on them

And yet it's already back to 1173.

LOL. There are thousands of suckers like you with the same idea, and the Alaskan tourist economy is kept running housing and feeding you while you spend months to get less than a gram.

>I just wanna know if I should get bars or coins, forget the taxes for a moment.
It really comes down to what is trusted where you live. Where I live, I think it's worth it to pay a tiny bit extra for government-minted coins because they are recognized and trusted.

Bars (such as from Credit Suisse) might be more common and accepted where you live.

Oh, and btw - no sluice boxes in Alaska, without a permit. Sorry.

>escape the fiant cash trap
>how do I buy bitcoin
Intangible assets are a poor investment choices, don't listen to /biz/. Invest some of your savings in tangibles if you wanna play the gambling game OP

bitcoin is a fiat currency you autistic mongoloid

Buy Ethereum.

Bitcoin is obsolete.

Ethereum is the future of blockchain technology

satoshi nakamoto, who's real name is Nick Szabo, said so himself.

My understanding is to not buy coins for their metal value because some weird fuckery happens when collectors want certain coins making the price annoying to know.

I personally don't touch coins but gold and silver rounds should be fine and bullions should be what your after. And as for storing it just hide it somewhere that nobody can find it. But im not an expert ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't say anything about price. They got BTFO in their attempt to get legitimacy.

What is etherium and how is it different from bitcoin?

Bullion coins are fine too. But I agree that the casual investor should not be trying to play the rare market or going for certain dates because you have to know what you're doing there.

I have a small collection of mint-state graded pre-1933 gold based on advice from a trusted dealer and my own due diligence, but that doesn't work out and I only wind up getting spot for it then it's not going to kill me.

And I doubt anybody would even suspect there's any gold or silver in the house. Unless it's abandoned and they have nothing better to do than live there and eventually poke around through my junk enough, they're going to grab the obvious items (e.g. electronics, guitars, food) and get out.

this, hide it up your ass OP.
or buy vintage wine

The price of silver is somewhat valid because it's a metal with widespread industrial use, but gold or bitcoin price are completely fiat, too.

>They got BTFO in their attempt to get legitimacy
And I'm saying that despite that the value wasn't affected much and is recovering quickly. I'm actually glad it dipped, good chance to scoop up some more.

Bump because I need someone to explain to me what an etherium is.

>faggot starts massive pump and dump and calls it bitcoin
>other faggot sees this, thinks "I can do that, too", but calls it Etherium, Litecoin, Fuckcoin or whatever

don't buy bitcoin you retard... the only real way to escape the money lie is to create something of value yourself... instead of selling your labor to someone else you need to CREATE SOMETHING OF VALUE... it's that simple.

If it were simple everybody would be doing it. Wagecucking is the best most people can hope for.

>buy gold & sliver for ridiculous prices
>cant sell it anywhere except cash for gold shops that fleece you

what am I missing here?

Oh fuck i hear the drone on HWNDU

At least here you can sell your gold where you buy it, with a spread of 2% or 3% depending on the quantity.
That's not even too bad, you pay more for a cash withdrawal with credit card.

>scambay
>rounds
nice try chinaman. aint no one but idiots buying that shit

I'd say right steel has a potential bigger future than silver, with the infrastructure projects Trump is talking about - we have a lot of bridges and shit that need to be rebuilt. It's a gamble either way, but steel is going to have a lot of demand in the next couple of decades.

Gold also has industrial uses, too - the motherboard of the computer and CPU have small amounts of gold in it.

sovereigns my dude

they have a long history and were minted in the colonies so they will always have a collectors market ontop of spot value

>no sluice boxes in Alaska, without a permit
because all the fucking accessible minerals would be gone if you could sluice without regulation

I'm not giving you any chickens or cows for shiny bits of metal. Maybe I'll consider it if you get me some nice iron or steel to make tools out of. The 'precious' metals themselves have very little inherent value.

Silver is a reasonably volatile market. Perfect quick investment material and has more industry applications than gold.

You need to have a base of firearms, ammo, water/food storage of 3 months, 3 month rainy day cash savings account. Then accumulate at least 10k in physical gold and silver, assuming you are young and just starting out like me. Then and only then is it wise to start investing.

I am young so I gamble all of my money day/short term (few days to a few weeks) trading triple leveraged ETFs in a brokerage account. The 40% short term capital gains tax hurts but thankfully, those are only taxed on your marginal AGI that is above 75k, so not a big deal for me at this time.

Hopefully Don lowers those taxes. I have to stress this, the conventional wisdom of building wealth does not work anymore. Buying a house and hoping it appreciates is a huge risk, and buying and holding stocks forever is foolish because if you get in and get out at the right times you make far more.

>"I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of five pounds"
>go to bank and ask for five pounds worth of gold
>W-well you see it's not true any more hehe....

If you buy gold keep it hidden at home or something. Keeping it in a bank is retarded because in the kind of situation in which gold would be useful (finance hitting the fan), they will just confiscate your gold anyway.

Unless you buy it in Hong Kong, or something like that, that might be okay.

It never was.