ITT: We post and discuss books that lead to a greater understanding of the truth and thereby leading to a greater...

ITT: We post and discuss books that lead to a greater understanding of the truth and thereby leading to a greater understanding of leading a truly redpilled life.

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/
c-span.org/video/?193420-1/conservatives-without-conscience
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>In 5 posts from now
>Your book is cucked, here is the real redpilled stuff!
>Get out kike shill, reeeeee!

Gave subconscious confidence towards women

Not certain how a pickup artist explaining how to capitalize on Western degeneracy to have casual sex with whores leads to a greater understanding of the truth.

Capitalizing on whores is a byproduct of thinking more like Tucker

Not certain how a pedofile explaining how to capatalize on ancient greek degeneracy leads to truth. Whats so pious?

This book makes me want to be christian

I'd like him to stop making so many political videos and get back to more abstract philosophy, family, and general life ambitions.

God tier

The Meditations by Marcus Aulerius. Taught me how to be a man.

Came to post this again. It's really lifechanging.

Hes making deem shekels bruh

my favourite book.

>Hermeticism
Not even once.

He's a shitskin

Aristotle was an elitist cuck. He'd have voted Hillary.

t. Stupid fucking Britbong idiot

>aristotle voting for a one of the most amoral candidates alive

>how to be a cuck
The quote

Sounds gay, no thanks.

He would have voted Trump

Touché.

This is on my backlog. Care to expand a bit?

????

I do prefer Plato.

The general theme is to act in accordance with nature. This seemed objective to me. Specifically what did he mean by this?

Can you develop on this a bit? I'm really thinking about reading it, and I even did read the first part where they introduce the brothers and the father.

Will look into this work. Sounds interesting. Thank you.

i know one and it starts with K

Hi, this is Stefan Molymeme from the Freedo Mane Haitio, I hope you're drilling wells.

>Not letting rage and emotion rule your decision making
>Being a cuck

>looking for every opportunity to call anyone who isn't an insecure faggot like him a cuck
>totally not projecting
you must be super cool. if only Aurelius, Emperor of Rome, could have learned from pepe wisdoms.

Good fiction can teach.

Wow.

I'm curious to this as well.

Seems like something I could get into.

A People That Shall Dwell Alone
Separation and its Discontents
The Culture of Critique

Not certain this thread is for you friend. What would you recommend? If Turner Diaries is the first thing on your mind...I think you know what to do.

It's a slow read if you want to follow it and take it to heart where you can but I highly recommend it especially for $1. It's helped me deal with some anger issues in dealing with retarded people.

Aurelius expands on stoicism and turns it into something more. I'm not fully done with it yet but that's the best way I can put it right now.

I read a paragraph and got banned.

Sounds like I will be reading this one tomorrow (have a quick flight). Sadly girlfriend's copy and won't be able to make notes. Feels bad man.

What did you mean by this?

carl von clausewitz

>literally a self-help book pretending to be philosophy

Probably about 20 to 25 percent of the adult American population is so right-wing authoritarian, so scared, so self-righteous, so ill-informed, and so dogmatic that nothing you can say or do will change their minds. They would march America into a dictatorship and probably feel that things had improved as a result. … And they are so submissive to their leaders that they will believe and do virtually anything they are told. They are not going to let up and they are not going away.

Aristotle wouldn't even support such an establishment like the US political system, don't fool yourself.

Looks like you should start with a grammar primer. That's a painful sentence.

Where can I buy books like this that don't cost 100 bucks for a used copy.

Realized that after the fact. Unfortunately you're Serbian and thus anything you say is sadly discounted as worthless.

"It is against the nature of politics that the best man would be elected. The best men don't want to govern their fellow men"

You'll want to read it over a longer period than that. Look on amazon and you can get it for a $1 I think. I read a bit, see how I can apply or what I can disregard and then continue. It's not like Shakespeare or anything but it's really old, so I like to take my time to ring out the meaning of it. You may know what I mean when you start it.

it's free

home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

>*teleports behind you*
>*unsheathes gulag archipelago*
"maybe next time kiddo"

The Meditations kind of reminded me of fight club (book).

>Consider frequently how many physicians, who had often knit their brows on discovering the prognostics of death in their patients,have at last yielded to death themselves: And how many astrologers, after foretelling the deaths of others, with great ostentation of their art; and how many philosophers, after they had made many long dissertations upon death and immortality; how many warriors, after they had slaughtered multitudes; how many tyrants, after they had exercised their power of life and death with horrid pride, as if they had been immortal; nay, how many whole cities, if I may so speak, are dead: Helice, Pompeij, Herculanum, and others innumerable. What yesterday was a trifling embryo, tomorrow shall be ashes. Pass this short moment of time according to nature, and depart contentedly; as the full ripe olive falls of its own accord, applauding the earth whence it sprung,and thankful to the tree that bore it.

>’Tis a vulgar meditation, and yet a very effectual one, for enabling us to despise death; to consider the fate of those who have been most earnestly tenacious of life, and enjoyed it longest. What have they obtained more than those who died early? They are all lying dead some where or other. Caedicianus, Fabius, Julian, Lepidus, and such like, who carried out the corpses of multitudes, have been carried out themselves. In sum, how small is the difference of time! and that spent amidst how many troubles! among what worthless men! and in what a mean carcase! Don’t think it of consequence. Look backward on the immense antecedent eternity, and forward into another immensity. How small is the difference between a life of three days, and of three ages? Ever speak and act what is most sound and upright. This resolution will free you from much toil, and warring, and artful management, and dissimulation, and ostentation.

consider suicide, preferably by starvation

Please someone can post something about self improvement? I fucked, my mom yell all me all the time, im poor, and want to kill myself
Please

I think it's a book about coping with human depravity. When you read it, you can see Dostoevsky struggling with himself to understand evil, but also to understand God. It's a personal exploration that stems from several things in his life: Dostoevsky was an Orthodox Christian, but he knowingly indulged his vices. He was a compulsive gambler and he had extramarital affairs. His sinfulness really tore him up and gave him a deep understanding of human depravity.

Just before he started writing it, his young son died of epilepsy, the ultimate sign that we live in a world where Adam ate the apple.

Really in a way, the Father Karamazov is Dostoevsky's avatar. He wrote himself into the book as the great sinner, a womanizer and a drunk. Fyodor Dostoevsky even named this character Fyodor Karamazov.

There are many important moments in the book, especially the section called The Grand Inquisitor, and a chapter where an orthodox elder recounts his life. The brothers each have a different way of coping with the consequences of human sin, and this is the real meat of the book.

We are fallen and any good we exhibit we owe to God propping us up because he wants to, through no merit of our own.

There's also an interesting place where he speculates about what hell looks like. It's just speculation, but speculation is how we come to terms with ideas, especially hard ideas.

It's a worthwhile read believe it or not. Explains a lot of the problems we're seeing today and their origins.

>Hates Marxism
>Doesn't understand what Marxism truly is

It's apparently even better a second time around because I immediately remembered those. Once I finish I may start again or do a quick fiction read in between readings.

It's more about a guide to meditation without religion attached. Scientific based and does help clear your mind. Clear mind = Life is as it should be or becomes to be.

Truth is. Life is about finding your truth and living it.

What's wrong kid?

Aristotle wouldn't have voted at all.
>Greek writers who mention democracy (including Aristotle,[4] Plato and Herodotus) emphasise the role of selection by lot or state outright that being allotted is more democratic than elections.
See: Sortition

Pic related is one of my favorites. It explains all the conspiracy theories and occult stuff of the 19th and 20th century.

t. failed initiate

^This

Really appreciate this. Just ordered. This is something I think a lot of seeking truth or "redpills" share. A disgust for human depravity.

Thank you for this user.

It was the first book I read that made me really think about politics.

This is a shill thread.
Let me tell you why:

Morality is a feature of our social evolution. It's no more controllable than a smile, a cough or a tear.

Politics is social compromise.
Jack goes to the apple tree to pray under its fruit, while John goes there to pick the apples. Jack and John fight for the right to use the tree. Politics is the compromise between the two sides, creating a law for the sake of survival. As a result of law, John has to almost starve for the sake of Jack's religious rights; Jack has to tolerate sin. Tolerance and self-sacrifice for the state becomes normalized, and voila: a state that is supported by an economic engine that normalizes degeneracy to pay for a military that is supposed to formally fight degeneracy, but the conflict of interests (politics) puts money in the hands of politicians to pay for their silence or their cooperation.

Vikernes and Evola are 100x more redpilled than you fucks.

Nice burn dude (not sarcasm)

It's best to understand what their argument is so you can debunk it.

The cornerstone of conservative and reactionary philosophy.

But morality, to some, is a universal good and thus a truth. Nothing you've described illustrates morality. Praying under a tree isn't a "good" or "moral" act faggot. If anything it's a morally relative act for Jack. Regardless, we're discussing literature, not morality.

Thanks for the authors though.

Happy to help. I'm going to reread it myself here soon. I read the Constance Garnett translation a few years ago on Project Gutenberg and I enjoyed it, but I'm gonna try the Pevear-Volokhonsky translation this time for kicks.

Thanks for taking the time to write this. Definitely sparked my interest. It seems, then, to develop on what's often called anthropological pessimism - the view that humans are, by nature, fundamentally imperfect and prone to evil or depravity. That is very well captured by the notion of the original sin, which permanently puts us at the mercy of God.

In fact, it was this that made me much more of a pragmatist, and skeptical of all the contrived utopias we conjure up in our minds to achieve perfection down on Earth, whether they come from the right or the left. In fact, all of this reminds of Salazar who always combined a sort of realpolitik only bound by strong christian values and tradition in his politics. Not surprisingly, he was devotedly catholic.

>implying there isn't just as many left-wing authoritarians

A book on why kikes and women ruin everything, written by a self-hating Jew who an hero'd a year after this was published.

He was considered a genius by many in the fields of philosophy and psychology, and his book made me kek a few times.

This, a thousand times this

Vikernes is a shit writer, just watch his videos instead. Evola is top tier though.

c-span.org/video/?193420-1/conservatives-without-conscience

>meditation without religion attached

This is like exclusively fucking a fleshlight because you don't want to deal with a woman's shit.

Makes sense on the surface but is profoundly disappointing in the long term.

Pic related, my choice.

>an hero'd a year after this was published
did they take him out like Yuri?

I'd have to agree. Seeking truth, to me, isn't about accepting whatever flavor of the month moral relativist theory is being pushed in pop culture in current year.

I just re-read the Republic, so forgive me but Sam Harris just seems like a modern day Sophist.

Is this actually good? Had my eye on it for a little

Minus the ethnocentrism this reads like a discription of SJWs.
This guy has misunderstood left wing authoritarianism. Does he think the commies where right wing? Look into Haidt and Peterson to understand left wing authoritarianism

I disagree but the perspective in your life is important to you so continue with it if it's your truth.

I'm a Calvinist and I wish I weren't. At first glance, it seems paradoxical and like it makes God the author of evil, but there are some very good arguments for it, and I think rejecting it leads to even bigger paradoxes or contradictions.

I've never read Salazar. Can you recommend a starting point?

>What's true to me is true.
>Rejecting any sense of universality

Laziest and most intellectually dishonest way to govern your life ever conceived.

I know it's by a Jew but I realized that you can find meaning in everything if you search for it. Helped me throigh a hard time. Goals are good things, failure or not.

I'm an oldfag, so I've been through a lot of these sorts of phases.

Tolstoy's Confession is available freely online. Tell me it's not a punch right to the gut of the average NEET.

>Every time I tried to express my most sincere desire, which was to be morally good, I met with contempt and ridicule, but as soon as I yielded to low passions I was praised and encouraged.

>Ambition, love of power, covetousness, lasciviousness, pride, anger, and revenge - were all respected.

>Yielding to those passions I became like the grown-up folk and felt that they approved of me

Oh, no. I do think there is a universality.

No one's going to agree on a single philosophy but all strive to reach at that universal truth.

Logotherapy is very useful. He theorizes that pressure creates momentum in a persons life. Sunday blues happens when a person's meaning is attacked.

Very good read.

Trying to figure out what book this is:
>written in the 70's
>Interview of the designer behind the future Euro Dollar
>Explained how the Euro was destined to fail.
> No Euro Treasure but a Euro Bank. Economic crisis would require all nation governments to give full control into EU centralized government.
>Importation of African and Middle Eastern people to replace the Euro population

I swear I've heard many people discuss this. Was it by the same author of this book?

>Df1m7Vzp
dr

Gave me a better understanding of women, learned why they're the way they are. Not really learned, but confirmed.

Brutal.

So the journey is different. But if you believe in universality, the end result, should we find the truth, would be the same.