I have really started to doubt this faggots inegrity and if he actually even uses the scientific method

I have really started to doubt this faggots inegrity and if he actually even uses the scientific method.

At first I really liked his debunking videos and some of the anti-SJW content. I thought he was really spot on about Hyperloop until I started to research the topic myself (I have engineering background) and realized he didn't even bother to read the white paper and pulled numbers out of his ass for his "calculations". He got called out and proven wrong by many other scientists and engineers regarding his Hyperloop content but he is just double downing on it.

It seems he has some kind of personal vendetta against Elon Musk (maybe because he is succesful and Phil is not or maybe Phil didn't get employed by Tesla or SpaceX) and it has clearly impaired his judgement.

Even some of his attacks against SJWs seem to be more about personal issues than the flawed argumentation the SJWs are using. He constantly takes video clips and quotes out of context and then makes snarky comments about them.

Lately he has become much worse than Sarcuck of Blackdad or Black Pigeon. It seems he loves his own voice and always doubles down on any position he has even if others prove him wrong.

Worst part is his fan army, for example today he released another Hyperloop video and some engineer instantly proved him wrong in the comments with rather simple math but Phils fanboy army instantly ganged up on him and downvoted his comment to hell.

Other urls found in this thread:

greenoptimistic.com/solar-road-france-20170301/
nextbigfuture.com/2017/03/apparently-walking-on-solar-panels.html
youtube.com/watch?v=kx52A-v65Q8&list=PLZO1csBNKgzctRsx2CjCp2r01OGxFU0US
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did he get wrong about the hyperloop? Is it that the pressure isn't actually supposed to be near vacuum? All of his videos he latches on to one argument that may or may not rely on assumptions or leaps in logic and drones on about it for five times longer than necessary. His pip culture references are cringy as fuck too.

He doesn't seem to undestand pressure differentials. By his logic a submarine would be impossible to build as he is claiming that building a steel tube that only has to withstand 1 atm pressure differential is somehow impractical or impossible.

He stilled for remain in brexit so the government wouldnt cut scientific funding. I unsubbed right there and never wwtch

Same here. I liked his content but his reasoning was BUT MUH MUHNEY

who can take this disgusting scrotum of a man seriously anyway
his voice is as grating as his face
yanks are easily fooled by a british accent

>downvoted his comment to hell.
>mfw you can't downboat you JewTub

>It seems he has some kind of personal vendetta against Elon Musk
Nope, he doesn't hate Musk, Tesla or SpaceX, he just says that Hyperloop is a missed idea.

They've all also argued against the improbability of solar roadways, but they did actually create them in France:

greenoptimistic.com/solar-road-france-20170301/
> Wattway’s Solar Road in France Offers Glimpse into the Future of Roads

But I dunno, they may really be a bad idea
nextbigfuture.com/2017/03/apparently-walking-on-solar-panels.html
> Apparently walking on solar panels damages them as the First solar roadway is broken in first week

I'm not sure about his professional life but his videos have always been strawmen, sophistry, and ad homs, praying on the fact that his audience doesn't do any research for itself and because he's often on the right side of the debate despite how shitty his personal arguments are, so no one cares to correct him. He only gets away with the creationism and feminism content because refuting those is an extremely low effort endeavor.

Is that Rake Yohn?

Honestly I can't deal with his weird heavy pallet when he talks so I instantly close his videos. Guy sounds like he has a blocked nose for life.

Solar roadways are a really bad idea in every way

imagine what his jaw looks like without the pubic hair

> listening to eurocash whore
Ghengis please, we all make mistakes, but this?

>t. eurocash

Yeah, I met him a few years ago. His ego will never allow him to admit when he's wrong.

That guy's neck is bigger than my thigh

He made a snarky video about the SpaceX refueling accident basically calling everyone at SpaceX retards.

He has been lumping Elon Musk in the same group with Solar Roadways for well over a year now.

I wonder how he stays employed with that ego?

Or is he an independent researcher who makes his living from government grants, oddjobs and e-begging?

>left-liberal atheism

why would you watch this guy in the first place?

the biggest flaw by far in the solar roadways thing is the fact that you can just put solar panels next to the roads and retain your useful road surface AND not scuff up all of your solar panels, thats one decent point thundercuck made

SHILL THREAD

>but he is just double downing on it.
*doubling down on it

He was fired wasn't he? Some feminist complained to his boss that he was a misogynist or something so he made his channel his job.

Don't know if he's picked up a new one since then.

He never said that though.

Thanks, English it not my native language and I welcome any corrections to my use of it (I have to write my masters thesis in english so I better git gud).

Kek this

Yeah spaceX is doing a pretty good job I don't get why he has a problem with it.

there is no evidence the scientific method is worth shit.

He is making a it sound like mere 1 atm pressure differential is impossible to handle and downright dangerous.

Someone in the comments calculated a 4mm thick steel tube would be enough for that but the comment disappeared quite fast.

Nope. Submarine is a pressurized vessel, hyperloop is unpressurized vessel within an enormous pressurized enclosure, within atmosphere, you fucking retard

Did you use the scientific method to get to that conclusion?

Surely the fact that the hyperloop is at near vacuum would make some difference, after all a submarine underwater still has air pushing against the sub surface? also i thought the fact that they took so long to acheive vacuum is shitty. Not to be on phils side mind, it seems that however smart he may or may not be, he just sort of argues like a petulant child, he's just been lucky in the past to talk about issues he was on the right side of so people generally didn't mind.

plus a neck that thick just aint natural

Nope he said it's dangerous if it where to be tampered with, and he's right on that. A submarine would be dangerous too if it weren't for the fact it's not like literally anyone could get close enough to do any real harm.

Don't bother, he's just a "what does mean really mean" pseudo intellectual retard.

I don't understand why any of these youtubers are even followed to begin with. They were never good, they're all just social failures and people who lack a formal education so they depend on the public to survive so they don't have to get a real job. This guy in particular clearly has an obsession with anita sarkeesian with is almost pathological

Is ad hominem really a fallacy in the event of fedoratheists? i.e. Thunderf00t is an atheist because he's ugly as fuck

He has an enormous neck for some reason.

>mfw some cunt with a drill fucks your entire high speed transport line and everyone dies

Back of the envelope calculations aren't fake if they are for perspective.

Anyway. You'll see. It will fail. He is right about a lot of the glaring flaws. Unless they are using Submarine Steel I've got my doubts because the good stuff is actually classified. Otherwise I can't see the welds holding up.

He does shit videos using shit arguments and makes them 20min long

but still hyperloop is a terrible idea

>drones on about it for five times longer than necessary
this is tf's real crime. most his videos could be like 5mins

He brings up some pretty good points about the hyper-loop though. The main ones I remember are the changing tube length when it get heated by the sun and the fact that a failure anywhere in the tube take the whole system down. All the same, I agree with what you're saying. It's too bad I used to really like his channel.

its kind of less ecological because asphalt is basically recycled at a rate of 99%. what happens when some of this shit needs to be replaced? Off to India you go!!

for me, i watched him because i had no clue who sarkessian was and his videos broke it down. after that i stayed for the science videos his debunkings are interesting and i dont know anyone else that does that. at this point, i've kind of just accepted that he's incredibly autistic so his political videos are absolute cancer.

>Sarcuck of Blackdad

lel

Yeah lol. Although his calculations for the pressure wave are pretty dodgy. A 5cm^2 hole wouldn't create a 1000km/h 1 atm pressure wave in an ~2m^2 tunnel, unless that hole grows to, well, about 2m^2.

It's not that you couldn't build a vessel that can withstand the pressure.
It'd be the scale of the project that's the problem. Easy enough to build a tube thats perhaps 10m long. Stretch that out to many kilometres and you're going to have to deal with aspects such as internal stresses that will build up due to some areas of the hyperloop being hotter than others deoending on weather, also leakages within the joints of the hyperloop (can't make the whole thing a single solid pipe after all), you'll also have to deal with the additional cyclic stresses of a several tonne car moving through the loop: fatigue, etc.

It's Thunderf00t not Sargon, bruh.

>he didn't even bother to read the white paper and pulled numbers out of his ass for his "calculations".

Not really... see:
www.spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/hyperloop_alpha-20130812.pdf
page 19 clearly says 99Pa, thats less than 0.001 Atm, quite impractical.

Also Idk if the texture of the surface really does anything to account for the fact that there would be almost zero traction when its wet

b-b-but somebody in the comments calculated something!

Tf is very smart, random people don't go into nuclear reactors.

Sup Forums on the other hand gets arrested quite often for autistic expressions outside of Sup Forums

ye even if its posible on paper it will end like the concord, two big accidents and out

Also their suggestion for dealing with thermal expansion is absolutely retarded, surprised that wasn't pointed out by anyone. Thunderf00t mentioned it but he just said "well it would have to expand by like allot", that's not the problem.

>the fact that a failure anywhere in the tube take the whole system down.

That is actually not true. It might stop the traffic but there would be no catastrofic failure and the likelyhood of failure is much smaller than what thunderf00t suggests.

This series can give you good insight on the issue:
youtube.com/watch?v=kx52A-v65Q8&list=PLZO1csBNKgzctRsx2CjCp2r01OGxFU0US

Personally I cringe everytime thunderf00t claims hyperloop is like loaded gun because 1 atm pressure differential is only 15 psi and even low pressure ammo like .45 ACP is driven by 20000 psi and I personally have handloaded some 308 cartridges to around 60000 psi.

He compares it to a gun barrel because you can literally turn a pressure vessel like that into a gun barrel, he showed examples.

Expansion joints and double hulls are things. Maybe he doesn't understand that we've already built a whole bunch of analogous structures.

hyperloop is a dumb idea, but let california deal with it.

that aisde, his videos are shit. when he was trashing venom fang x, his videos were totally on point. when he debunked creationists, I would share his videos with friends

when he got into the stupid video game, SJW bullshit, everything starting coming out like he was in the midst of a fever dream.

he frames every argument like it's the nail in the coffin, but they're require tremendous charity to his point of view. he sounds mostly like a rambling buffoon nao

He's a Leftist, which means he's worse than a creationist. Nobody who expresses left-wing fiscal opinions has any business lecturing anyone on anything. Thundercuck belongs in the trash.

Well technically you can but downvoting on youtube literally does absolutely nothing.

He should just stick to real science and stop worrying about politics.

>I'll make another 30 minute video about something Anita Sarkessian said recently and rehash everything a thousand times. Surely that will crush feminism/sjws once and for all!

>watched video
Yeah I meant to include that part too in my other comment, it's pretty obvious the acceleration would be lower on a bigger object, thunderf00t did fuck up. Kind waste of time showing every tiny steps for like 4 minutes.

people that rely on government grant money see Musk's success as a threat because they think it diminishes public confidence in government institutions
regardless of how true this is (government incentives and contracts have been essential to Musk's endeavors) that's what they think and so they go crazy over Musk

>Don't bother, he's just a "what does mean really mean" pseudo intellectual retard.

What did the leaf mean by this?

Look finlandbro,

Phil only offers ridicule and spite for projects instead of offering valid criticism -- his YT channel is moderately successful and his Patreon is stacked, so he's just following his formula for success. You shouldn't be surprised to see him make videos like this -- this is what he does for money.

I don't like his political opinions at all, but as far as his science gores he's pretty spot on. You say here that in his latest video he was BTFO in the comment section but you fail to link to, or provide the argument, you also claim that he 'pulled out' numbers to use in his videos. Show us what he 'fabricated'. I've also NEVER seen a comment get deleted. Please provide context.

Regardless of that, the hyperloop is pretty clearly a cash grab just like Solar Roadways or the Self Filling Water Bottle, or the Water Seer. Just on a much more grandiose scale. Enough people are fooled into believing it, and the project ends up getting funding that ultimately leads to nothing real advancements happening, except for the advancement of a few's bank accounts.

There are many valid points against the hyperloop that I've not seen a good rebuttal for, and I've read plenty of comments. The hyperloop project as is does not cope with expansion or compression (Keep it underground so it's a constant temperature? -- introduces a new pressure on the tube). Or what to do if the tube experiences a defect causing an extremely fast compression event (Make emergency seals? Have to repump/rebuild the entire thing?). Or how to load/deload passengers. (Pressurization chamber?)

Musk is a successful entrepreneur, but he's not jesus.

He keeps repeating the same points and clips over and over again.

Seems like a form of brainwashing. It is super cringe.

I don't subscribe to ugly people.

Even his voice is ugly.

I can't argue with that video. That would imply the heavier you make the hyper loop train the safer it is from tube depressurization too. That seems like a bonus to me.

I really don't know much about the state of the art for structural engineering. What kind of examples are there?

> There are many valid points against the hyperloop that I've not seen a good rebuttal for, and I've read plenty of comments.

Srlslysy?

He didn't get fired though, she was attempting to get him canned, but it didn't pan out as far as I'm aware. Then she made a snarky comment about there being no retribution because she's her own boss, and shortly after her companies website got swarmed with bad reviews and I think it ended up closing? She started some gofundme in retaliation to the "organized nazi harassment" I don't know what came up from it though.

>I don't subscribe to ugly people
t. huehuehuehue

Still no legitimate solution to the thermal expansion issue, the one they provided is retarded.

i dont have issue with his "muh science" job, i'm not a scientist so i won't critique any of his work, nor do I care to.

But "muh science" education does not, normally, involve any type of courses in philosophy or argumentation. You can argue logic is math, but its application is not primarily in forms, as math is almost entirely in forms.

it takes a much more adept and witty mind to pick out subtleties of poor arguments than it does to memorize forms for every concievable situation. and when he applies logic to certain societal issues, its almost always without properly stating his own premises. which can make his conclusions suspect and ultimately his arguments bizarre.

how can anyone defend something as stupid as a perfect vacuum tube that extends for hundreds of miles perfectly and has a huge traincar inside it all the while? the hyperloop is typical Elon Musk government grant begging scam shit

concord is terribly expensive and inefficient

that's the reason it's out

>whoa maybe some faggot on the internets just some faggot on the internet not the fucking god i thought he was

holy kek, i miss viva la bam

Don't forget that he absolutely NEEDS to mention that time when he was kicked out of Freethought Blogs in each video he makes.

I can't stand his voice

>Sarcuck of Blackdad

kek

Hyperloop will be worse. Sure technologically it can be built but it will be expensive as hell. The thing that really annoys me is the claim that it will be cheaper than a high speed railway which is just complete horseshit.

I don't know why most of you faggots have to be like this. He is a useful tool. Who the fuck gives a shit if he got a bit of maths wrong. All he was was a weapon to attack Anita and her shit views. Fucking use him then throw him away you don't have to be 100% behind every motherfucking view he has. Same with all the youtubers.

Pressure in a submarine : 1 atm
Pressure at 1km below the surface : 101 atm
Pressure differential : 100 atm

Pressure in the hyperloop : 0 atm
Pressure outside the hyperloop : 1 atm
Pressure differential : 1 atm

You are the fucking retard here.

That's an impressive amount of errors in one sentence.

He has never claimed that. It is easy to make a large steel tube into a vacuum tube. The hard part is making one so long that it needs to flex and bend to stay intact. And the (possibly) impossible part is making one with a good fail state. Any vacuum tube 100 miles long will spring leaks, the result cannot be the loss of everyone on-board, and massive infrastructure damage, like you get in a sub, when this happens.

Let's say you take a sub down to 100m. You now have 11 bar of pressure against 1 bar in a reinforced pressure vessel. This gives a pressure ratio of 11:1.
Now compare to vacuum at 0.01 bar in a non reinforced thin walled tube in a surrounding atmosphere of 1 bar. This gives a pressure ratio of 1:100

A submarine doesn't need to be as long and continuously without a flaw as the hyperloop track would be. Making a 200 mile long submarine is absolutely impossible.

The ratio doesn't matter. Well at lease if were still talking about structural integrity.

Yeah this shit really, just keeps rehashing the same phrase over and over and over again
Simply saying the same thing
Just repeating what he said before
No new information just the same thing ad nauseum
Just the same really
But then it's repeated

This is fucking hilarious watching Phil crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy control the photo-voltaic industry.

Busan–Geoje Fixed Link is 2 miles long tunnel under nearly 50 meters of water. Somehow it works.

>I liked him until he started disagreeing with me
Fuck off

thick necked slayer game is legit

Agreed, definitely a shill thread

>1 post by this ID

SHILL!

EVER VIGILANT

elon is an SJW because he wants those cheap indian programmers to migrate here

He is a supreme faggot.
Even sarcuck looks based compared to this cunt.
T H I C C N E C K

>"started" to doubt this faggots integrity
>Thunderf00t is not redpilled.

He lust by sub a long time ago. There is a fine line between somebody willing to argue, and a curmudgeon. Thundercuck is a true curmudgeon.

Who is he

Just put a comment telling people to thumb up if they downvoted thunderfags comment, should rustle his jimmies.

You a lookismfag bro?

>Elon Musk (maybe because he is succesful
>(((Elon Musk)))
>Successful

He's literally running a Ponzi scheme you fucking moron.