/heritage/

For nw world fags to post their heritage
strawpoll.me/12512239

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QA4fx3eLUyE
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bennet_(bishop)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Douglas,_Lord_of_Douglas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

English here, ancestors came in 1630 from Lincolnshire

The English are shite. I'm sure you have scots heritage, embrace it, love it.

I'm very proud of my English ancestry. I do have like one Scotch-Canadian ancestor who moved here and fought as a cavalryman in the Civil War

> fought as a cavalryman in the Civil War
Union or Dixie?
If you're interested you should read up in Scotland in the English civil war. youtube.com/watch?v=QA4fx3eLUyE Interestesting shite.

Union

English boy.
descendant of this man en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Bennet_(bishop)

Spanish and Scottish, paperwork to Reconquista for Spanish side, paperwork to ~1250s for Scottish.

Spanish family moved from Malaga to US after fighting on the side of the Germans in WW1, great great grandfather earning an Iron Cross. Moved to Mobile, Alabama and joined the KKK. Stayed until great depression, moved north for work. All sons joined navy or airforce, my great uncle ramming a uboat with his ship.

The Scottish side moved in also after WW1, but went to Canada first. I can't think of the name of the castle but they owned a specific castle, they were a monied class. My grandfather was only old enough to serve for Korea. They had a rather large farm in Donegal, Ireland which my family maintained until the 80s.

Happy I know my history

Mainly English, Scottish and Irish ancestry here, with a touch of German. Masterrace desu.

One grandfather was English who came out after WW2, but the rest have been in Aus for ages. Some since 1790 (convicts).

>tfw not on list
fugg you

Direct decedent of this guy; he was a top General of Robert the Bruce

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Douglas,_Lord_of_Douglas

Eternal Anglo here, 100%.

I know bro, anglos stand out 100%, you exist as a people.

Is your name Bennet?

I have a Scottish surname, but am an American mutt. I doubt I'm even a quarter Scottish. That doesn't mean i don't wish i was full scot.

>flee oppression off Europe
>fight to oppress the South

Get out

>Scotch-Irish-Italian Masterace

I don't think he means us, m8.

Shouldn't have imported niggers

I'm a descendant of the Custis family if that makes you any happier

Who English-Scotish-Irish-welsh-italian-German-Arbëreshë master race here?

Who else /beady/ here?

slightly

Austrian, Lebanese, Italian, French, Catalonian, Portuguese, Brazilian Natives.

Is that from Mount and Blade?

Thats from the internet

Yeah, it's from M&B

Northern Italian master race reporting in

also have some Irish in me

I'm 1/4th beady

Ah yes, the Scottish ancestry of living in mud huts, not bathing and failed colonies

If you have a Mc/Mac last name it's fine and you'll fit in with us. Just make sure you're protestant.

Actually my surname supported the last attempt of the Stuarts to claim the throne. THE TRUE KINGS OF SCOTLAND!

Actually my surname supported the last attempt of the Stuarts to claim the throne. THE TRUE KINGS OF SCOTLAND!...sage

>The English are shite. I'm sure you have scots heritage, embrace it, love it.
You do realize Scotland was colonized by the Irish before the english used Protestantism to divide and conquer it ending with stealing the land in the highland clearances?

Yes, yes your galeic shite, None cares, you were btfo months ago by a single man with a Scottish history degree.
Anne Stuart one true Queen.

Robert the Bruce was descended from French Norman Knights. He should not have Gaelic Y DNA.

I have a very old family with both Military, landholding and clerical lineage. As we have always been here and lived in the same area we can trace our family directly back to 1600. This is extremely rare. A large part of that is that SECOND NAMES WERE NON EXISTENT PRIOR TO 1500 IN MOST CASES. So you all have been lied to.

The odds of a burger being honestly able to do this are nearly nil.
He had no children, only a nephew. Literally impossible that you were descended from what at the time was an amoral servant of a genocidal tyranny akin to being a political commissar for one of the kims. Not something to be proud of at all, if it were true which it cannot be.

>English here, ancestors came in 1630 from Lincolnshire

All the deluded burgers who want to be beady eyed anglos because beady eyed anglo propaganda from the 19th century was the style of the time and convinced themselves being associated with one of the most dishonest, weak corrupt nations in the world is better than actually being themselves, the descendants of mixed European immigrant ancestry.

Comical.

The kind of people who would blackface and rap if they thought it was advantageous to be a nigger.

Norwegian/Scottish/Czech mix. 6'1, blonde hair, green eyed. My family has been here a long time, and my granpa's family (Norwegian) took the Oregon trail and helped settle South East Idaho

>Yes, yes your galeic shite, None cares, you were btfo months ago by a single man with a Scottish history degree

Scotti came from northeastern Ireland.

It is where the name Scotland comes from FSS

Is part of your thesis denying the London monarch used a state religion headed by their monarch to genocide and divide any opposition or the highland clearances never happened btw?

You might be barely right. He had a Gaelic mother from a royal line and a Norman Scot father from a royal line. Royal lines often marry with lines from different regions for muh power. Besides, Scotland had genes from Nordic, Irish, English, and who knows who all else.

also, I'm not sure when my ancestors immigrated to America, but I'm certain my great grandfather was born here, and he was in the U.S. Navy during WWII.

>You might be barely right. He had a Gaelic mother from a royal line and a Norman Scot father from a royal line. Royal lines often marry with lines from different regions for muh power. Besides, Scotland had genes from Nordic, Irish, English, and who knows who all else.
Such bullshit

Robert the Bruce has one son David the second who had no children

Such larping Crap

t. direct descendant of man who fought at culloden

>Robert was born on 11 July 1274 into an aristocratic Scottish family. Through his father he was distantly related to the Scottish royal family.
>Robert was born on 11 July 1274 into an aristocratic Scottish family. Through his father he was distantly related to the Scottish royal family. His mother had Gaelic antecedents.
>Bruce's grandfather was one of the claimants to the Scottish throne during a succession dispute in 1290 - 1292. The English king, Edward I, was asked to arbitrate and chose John Balliol to be king. Both Bruce and his father refused to back Balliol and supported Edward I's invasion of Scotland in 1296 to force Balliol to abdicate. Edward then ruled Scotland as a province of England.
>His mother had Gaelic antecedents. Bruce's grandfather was one of the claimants to the Scottish throne during a succession dispute in 1290 - 1292. The English king, Edward I, was asked to arbitrate and chose John Balliol to be king.
>Both Bruce and his father refused to back Balliol and supported Edward I's invasion of Scotland in 1296 to force Balliol to abdicate.
>Edward then ruled Scotland as a province of England.
My clan was the last ever to wear the kilt and sided with every loyalist scot king! BTFO Guinness gulper!

Most of us are of somewhat mixed (northern) European stock. Of course Europeans are as well, if not to the same extent as North Americans, since Europeans have interbred between countries due to warfare or for employment since antiquity. Personally, my ancestry is mostly English, but with some Scottish, Irish, German, and Swedish.

>can only select one box
Fuck you

'descendent' of robert the bruces childless son turns out to be cheap US immigrant protestant jumped peasant who fled Scotland under the highland clearances. Again.

Your ancestors deserved better than you larping this shite.

Well done on having viewed braveheart and thought it was a history lesson

the bruce had one son, David the 2nd who had no children. End of story and your larp.

If you knew your 'families' history you would know the Bruces brother tried a second front in Ireland and died there. But not all his men.

Fucking burgers.

You're talking about his descendants. I'm talking about what you were originally saying. That The Bruce had no Gaelic DNA.That is all. BTW my grandmammys a McCann.

>You're talking about his descendants. I'm talking about what you were originally saying. That The Bruce had no Gaelic DNA.That is all. BTW my grandmammys a McCann.

You are doing well if you can trace your ancestry. They burnt most of the Church records in Scotland. I have my doubts.

I've never tried really. I just know my surname and I've looked at that. I would like to know it. As much as it seems pointless.

"The Established Church

In the 1560's, Catholicism was replaced by Presbyterianism as the Established Church in Scotland. Catholic properties were seized and Catholic Church records and materials were destroyed. This was the Scottish Reformation, led by Calvinist John Knox. After James VI of Scotland became James I of England in 1603, an Episcopalian form of government of church and state was established in Scotland. But later attempts to bring the Scottish churches more into line with the Church of England were resisted and the National Covenant (a declaration of independence from England and the Crown and of loyalty to the Presbyterian religion) was signed in 1638. However, in 1661 Episcopalism was again forced upon the Scottish Kirk, and the Covenanters were greatly persecuted, tortured, and even put to death if they dared to worship by the Presbyterian form. In 1687, James the II’s Declarations of Indulgence, securing toleration for the Catholics, also brought persecution of Presbyterians to an end. When James II fled and William of Orange was established king of England in 1689, William allowed Episcopacy to be abolished in Scotland and the following year Presbyterianism was firmly established as the Church of Scotland, with church and state united under that form. These events are known as the ‘Scottish Revolution Settlement.'

In 1712, Presbyterians were outraged by the Crown grant of toleration to the Scottish Episcopalians and the restoration of patronage to the Scottish Church. (See the discussion of patronage in the following paragraph.) Many Episcopalians in Scotland became Jacobites (supporters of James III/VIII’s attempts to regain the throne of England and Scotland) and were greatly repressed and persecuted, and did not again obtain some of their religious freedoms until after 1788.
"

That's interesting, I just read some "historical fiction" touching on that last period you mentioned. The Jacobite's are never really mentioned at all. Or at least not explained. I love Euorpean history. Especially British history. My surname being involved in the power struggles of this particular history make it even more interesting. They were definitely on the side of the Stuarts so yeah, i don't know what trying to find genealogy would be like. My grandma thinks my grandpa's family came from Canada. But I've also heard it mentioned in the south US and east coast. Such as the family centered around in birth of a nation lol.

>That's interesting, I just read some "historical fiction" touching on that last period you mentioned. The Jacobite's are never really mentioned at all. Or at least not explained. I love Euorpean history. Especially British history. My surname being involved in the power struggles of this particular history make it even more interesting. They were definitely on the side of the Stuarts so yeah, i don't know what trying to find genealogy would be like. My grandma thinks my grandpa's family came from Canada. But I've also heard it mentioned in the south US and east coast. Such as the family centered around in birth of a nation lol.

Even the above is skewed, Roman Catholics fought at culloden too as the penal laws targeted both . Scots Presbyterianism had been an effort to create a cambodian style year zero and eliminate any history that preceded it It still is especially when it comes to genealogy which deliberately omits Roman Catholic families and pretends certain names were 'Presbyterian' only . The other great curse is mormon genealogy too which is frankly obscene,

I have the sword used at colloden, which is NOT a hulking claymore but more a spadroon style as the professionals there were French military trained.

"Cuimhnighidh ar Luimneach agus ar Feall na Sassanach!"

The English reformation was one of the most disastrous and divisive events in western civilization.