New York To Scrap LITERACY Test For Teachers - Because Hispanics and Blacks Kept Failing It

New York education officials are poised to scrap a test designed to measure the reading and writing skills of people trying to become teachers, in part because an outsized percentage of black and Hispanic candidates were failing it.

The state Board of Regents on Monday is expected Monday to adopt a task force's recommendation of eliminating the literacy exam, known as the Academic Literacy Skills Test.

Backers of the test say eliminating it could put weak teachers in classrooms. Critics of the examination said it is redundant and a poor predictor of who will succeed as a teacher.

A federal judge ruled in 2015 that the test was not discriminatory, but faculty members at education schools say a test that screens out so many minorities is problematic.

"Having a white workforce really doesn't match our student body anymore," Soodak said.

Kate Walsh, the president of National Council on Teacher Quality, which pushes for higher standards for teachers, said that blacks and Latinos don't score as well as whites on the literacy test because of factors like poverty and the legacy of racism.

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/test-meant-screen-teachers-weeded-minorities-46065836

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hhkRQUtD_Jo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>america

who cares.

Soft racism is tolerated and encouraged by progressives.
Chesty does not approve.

wut, Teachers are dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=hhkRQUtD_Jo

How the hell can you fail the literacy test? I remember getting one of the highest marks possible on it.

Fuck NYC. Hard to believe they could be even stupider considering what idiots my teachers were to begin with. They didn't know the (real) words I was using and I thought I'd made them up.

This is why my wife and I are going to homeschool our kids until middle school, then send them to a private school.

Jesus Christ... part of me would love to teach high school physics, but it simply doesn't pay enough, and this kind of thing is clearly part of why. If you don't screen for the best teachers, then the available labor supply will go up, and the salary of teachers will go down.

>(((problematic)))
It's keywords like this that tell you whose agenda is behind it.

>failing a multiple choice test designed for 12th graders

cump

Everyone of value because they want America to remain strong so we can kill your dirty fucking relatives in the middle east Muhammad.

good, now we can have more teachers.

i love tests

anywhere where i can take the test please i like tests and very well reading score on the Sats and the Acts. i go to college to for a long time 5 years ago now. i am so good at wreading and righting two.

hmm

>2017

>Still sending your children in for Frankfurt School Cultural Marxism indoctrination.

WE WUZ ILLITERATE N SHIET

lmao

its time to put America to rest

its been a fun 250 years, world.

>Black and Hispanic

>Hispanic
>Race

>Hispanic
>Mutually exclusive to white or black or asian or any other race

Anti white detected

Say black and mestizo not black and hispanic because you're blaming hispanics as a whole including the based Spaniards that fucking put you filthy jew kikes in your place

Typical jew, trying to blame mestizo crime on the spanish man

Hispanic is not a race and any race could be hispanic

A brown beaners race is "Mixed" or "Mestizo" not hispanic because hispanic is not a race

Don't lump Spaniards with Niggers ever again you idiotic anti white tumblr dyke whore jew.

Blame blacks and mestizos, not hispanics because then you are blaming white hispanics like Ted Cruz and Spanish men

Hispanic is a geographic term, not a racial one

Read the spanish caste system before you post again

there are barely any actual Spaniards in America you fucking beaner

I bet you're spic as fuck, but semi-pale so think you're white

Apparently you, my little buttblasted airstrip

This is why whites need to home school or private school their kids. Education is full of lazy retard whores who didn't want to get a real job or a husband so they did some easy shit where they don't have to work 3 months a year and get paid way too much money

Daily reminder that you're not white if you don't send your children to a good private school.

Emotional argument idiot

Also think of all those latinos who are genetically white Criollos

Not all spanish sailors fucked injuns you dumb projecting faggot

I'm just saying you shouldn't blame hispanics, a geographic term regardless of race, for the actions of mestizos

idiot

I hope it happens just so the remaining quality families/students are pushed even further against the system.

>New York "education" officials