Omnicide

Someday, someone, somewhere, somehow will find a way to drive mankind to extinction, intentionally or unintentionally.

Maybe by engineering an airborne version of aids.

Maybe by dumping CFC in the atmosphere in an industrial scale.

Maybe by propelling an asteroid into the moon, propelling the moon onto the earth.

Someday, somehow, someone somewhere will do it. Just because. There are millions of people on earth with the knowledge and means to do it. They just need a motive.

Every now and then, some unknown guy discovers the cure to some disease and saves millions. When will some unknown guy use the knowledge we already have to AN HERO us all?

tl;dr: What about omnicidal maniacs?

It's that mystery of wondering how the earth will destroy itself, either by mankind or by nature playing it's role in the universe
Even if we extinct ourselves, the earth will still one day be destroyed itself, all life comes to an end and that includes planets.

Is he okay?

yeah, he's fine

looked pretty bad for a few days, but full recovery in the end

Islam has been a good try so far. But not good enough; we all know we're just going to crusade them again and clean our neighborhoods out when the liberals invite too many in

That's a great little story and all, but consider for a second that we've known of fire for millions of years yet the world hasn't burned.

hes some nip that died in a radiation disaster

Anthrax
WE UMBRELLA CORP NAO

nothin' couple of bandaids and aspirin wouldn't fix

The fire rises

Looking at that guy in the pic makes me always consider that Euthanasia should at least be allowed at such cases. RIP.
>tl;dr: What about omnicidal maniacs?
Well considering the effectiveness of Antibiotics fading, a bird-flu-like virus could make the job anyway. You can't really stop it I guess.

It's actually kinda hard. I'm usually musing with friends about the thought exercise of "how would you kill 1 million people", and even that small number is hard to implement with non-super villain achievable means.

But you are right to be concerned. There was a time when life on this planet was in danger and almost no one knows about it. Some bacteria that lives in soil and blocks plant's ability to fix nitrogen was almost loosed on the world due to a car crash when it was being transferred between labs. Apocalypse tier event narrowly avoided.

No, i don't mean the inexorability of extinction.

I mean someone intentionally dedicating their lives to ending it all for mankind.

Driving 2 tons of TNT to yellowstone could do it, i don't know.

My point is that sooner or later one of the billions of us could use creativity and ingenuity to find a way to kill every single human on earth. Essentially a omnicidal maniac, dedicating his entire life to this objective.

I honestly believe it wouldn't take a particularly exceptional man to do it, just enough dedication and creativity.

Killing 1 million people is easy. Just dump a few tons of ammonia nitrate into the water supply of a major city.

I'm talking about 100% extinction.

Wait, actually I remember the image. It's the guy named "Ouchi" lmao

>lmao

You think it's funny?

Humanity will be multiplanetary by then. Good luck killing all of us.

Well, I am the omnicidal maniac. I frequently think about how I can engineer a waterborne bacteria or virus that I will unleash in the SouthWest United States.

It could be done this year, my point is that nobody really wants to do it. Nobody has a motive to.

Extinction cycles run every 65,000-67,000 years. We are already due. Liberals of course will try to pass laws and taxation against human extinction.

Maybe I didn't write the too well..

I was implying that even if someone did plan and succeed on killing all of mankind, it wouldn't matter because mankind will eventually come to an end by natural forces. Unless we advanced into space and colonise other planets then mankind would have a chance for survival but otherwise the earth will eventually die itself, ending all life on the planet.

Yes, it was painful and his name is Ouchi.

Fuck you just kill yourself first before trying to kill anyone else you faggot

>Killing 1 million people is easy
If you actually put thought it into, no, it isn't. Just like modelling a pandemic, you have to do so in a way that they all die near simultaneously, otherwise defenses go up.

You can't "just poison the water", because as soon as a handful of sick people start happening in a short time span, high alert mode engages and paranoia sets in preventing the vast majority of the people from dying.

>mankind will eventually come to an end
Implying we won't evolve forever

They actually kept Ouchi alive for weeks against his will. Just so they could see how a live subject's cells degrade. It was pretty fucked up.

>It could be done this year

No it could not, you moron. Other than a nuclear holocaust, there is no way to kill us all right now, and nuclear war is not immanent since Russia controls both sides of the Atlantic now.

My question isn't if someone will do it or not, or even if mankind will go extinct or not.

My question is why nobody even tries? Why are there no omnicidal maniacs on this planet?

It wouldn't be as hard as you think, just imagine how much damage someone burying 2 tons of TNT on yellowstone would do. Or engineering an airborne version of aids.

>Maybe by propelling an asteroid into the moon, propelling the moon onto the earth.
Brianna Wu, is that you

Yeah I heard about that, but Japan has no euthanasia-laws so his will wouldn't have mattered anyway right? Poor man

HAHAHA LOOK AT THIS FAGGOT THINKING WE WON'T CONQUER THE STARS AND ENSLAVE THE FILTHY XENOS

There are nearly 9 million people in new york city.

Ammonia nitrate is an unregulated fertilizer, it isn't poison. It just has toxic properties. And in the time between "a handfull of people" being intoxicated and the authorities being notified, anybody who touches tap water would be "poisoned". Taking a bath, cooking a meal, washing your hands.

If you could dump 5 tons of ammonia nitrate in the water supply, you might kill 100k. The ensuing panic would kill another 900k.

You give society too much credit.

At this point to kill humans you have to kill nearly all life on earth, so it'd be pretty challenging

Engineering aids to be airborne wouldn't kill bears, but would drive mankind to extinction within 2-3 generations.