Hi Sup Forums Milennial here. AMA

> be me
> start working at age 13
> graduate from 50% dropout rate HS
> pay for own State Uni education, BS in psychology
> shoulder $10K in 29.99% APR CC debt just to make ends meet
> graduate college then start job hunting in 2008 aka height of great recession
> find work in retail
> get fired from that and a bunch of other jobs, bang a bunch of bimbos, smoke a lot of weed, degenerate AF
> get heart stomped on, hate myself, decide one last serious go at it; find a good job
> kick ass at job, get promoted a bunch, get a bunch of technical certs, score a network job
> pay off most negative debts, including CC's (fuck you CitiBank!)
> find a qt3.14 based blonde/blue eyed babe, have an aryan daughter, buy 2 houses
> find even better job, now engineer

TL;DR paid for my Lib Arts degree, broke AF, fucked around a lot, one last shot/made it count, now a Sup Forums success story

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-liberal-arts-is-the-future-2017-2]
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>AMA
fuck off.
>>>/plebbit/

Funny how I grew up poor AF and still have better teeth than you, Austin Powers

Hey kid, glad you're successful, but more importantly, are you happy? Do you feel loved and appreciated by your family? Do people in your community greet you because you are active and civic minded? Don't measure your *wealth* by material things, because that's a step backward, not forward.

Also, if you haven't called your mom in awhile, do that, she's always worrying about you.

Very sound points, Ameribro. Appreciate it.

My family is kind of FUBAR'd but my mom and me are OK. Talk to her on the reg.

Praise to Johnny 5 rare Pepe

>start working at age 13

Fuck off, rural or suburban retard.

Dude i get working at 13 is young, but rural people and partly suburban are our people dude.
And he might have ment a paperround

I'm an educated city liberal.

Rural and suburban retards may be your people, they are certainly not mine.

P.S. I hope Geert chokes on a chunk of AIDS.

>t. lazy

America is all about getting as much money as fast as possible.

>rural and suburban retards
>people

>fuck around for 23 years
>start easy jobs for lazy people (grocery stores, retail)
>pseudo-fuck around for 3 more years
>brother starts a business in oilfield
>get hired, make tons of cash and earn valuable experience while hanging out with my bro
>leave early, days off, flexible schedule
>about to buy my own place

It's who you know.

Should I go the IT career route? I'm a millennial too.

Ja, Ich hatte mit 13 Jahren gearbeitet. Du isst Scheise. Was ist denn los jetzt, Neger?

It was technically suburban Phoenix, but a rural outskirts part of it. It was Arizona - its something or nothing out there.

Worked food service because my parents wanted me to earn my own allowance and teach me responsibility. Ended up getting fired when my boss found out my age though.

Dude you said retards, i said people.
And dude you got what i ment as in they vote right more and have more kids, just saying they arent all bad and would say the same for normal city people.
P.S Geert wont die he will uncuck us you should be voting in your upcoming election to do the same.
Yeah yeah leaf

see

Thats young man, but good for you for getting on your feet and starting a family.

How much do you make as a network engineer? I've been getting certed and start babbys first networking job in a couple weeks.

Depends on your style. If you can stand sitting all day with little/no fun allowed and love to deal with clients who don't know how to tell you what they want/never get back to you, combined with trying to interpret someone else's jumbled mess with little to no guidance, then yeah. You'll love it.

t. web designer for 2+ years

I find this to be especially true now that I've gotten a few gray hairs, man. Networking makes you and breaks you. Thats very much how I got an in to score my Switch Tech interview.

Yes, IT is the future. But keep in mind that you will be a dime a dozen, so don't just get your A+ and expect to become rich.

My advice, find an employer who'll pay for your education and put up with their shit until you graduate and flip the leverage back onto them.

For example, my friend did that to the company i got my big break with. Had his bachelors in whatever, got the company to pay for his masters while they were treating us like shit. The minute he graduated he told them pony up or get fucked - they offered him a decent career but the COL wouldve washed out the pay increase, so he said get rekt and found an even better job.

Gen X here..
no one gives a fuck about millennials. They are the most entitled, over-parented, autistic, spoiled, and overly-sensitive generation out of any of them.

My post is a bit misleading.
I started working at 17, really, but I always did the bare minimum to pay the bills until a few years ago.
In the time between then and now, I've learned the value of people skills. You need to be able to deliver on your promises, sure, but getting to a point where those promises can even be made is key.
How are you liking your job?

Oilfield is great for no-experiencefags because you can learn everything quickly from zero and the potential income is YUGE (Project supervisors make $200k/year starting out)

Was? You're such a proxy nigger, gtfo.

Thank you. My dad was hella older than my mom and passed away from lung (((cancer))). I'm essentially last of the Mohicans. Doesnt hurt to +1 the whities either, were a dying breed.

I'm a Systems Engineer in A/V, so I stepped outside the network aspect to pad the resume (i.e., tech to engineer).

When my client passes (owner of the company) I'll have the knowhow, tenure, and connections to step back into the network ring and get an engineering job. Plus, SDN will have trimmed off all the bullshit positions in network.

>You're such a proxy nigger

Proof?

And to answer your Q, they get paid $75-$150K. DOE and such. $150K are CCIE's and probably play in the bay area.

I agree, Milennials are Leftist scum. There are a few diamonds in the rough, though. I do also understands Milennials got fucked by previous generations, outsourcing/immigration, and automation. However were all virtual slaves, user.

Job is good. I think I underestimated how busy and involved the work would keep me, but overall its been worthwhile. I dont think I got a break for the first few weeks OTJ.

My bankroll seems to like the job too. Not being flashy, just glad to report some success given the odds.

Your shit is fucked and you talk like fag. Thats my proof.

>My dad was hella older than my mom and passed away from lung (((cancer))).

He took the easy way out because your mom was being a cunt.

Probably dude, but youre still a proxyfag though.

>BS in psychology

that's where you fucked up

Kek. I hear ya. I think it made me a more knowledgable, well-rounded person... but it does get me flak in job interviews. I once had a VP come in during my iview just to ask me how dafuq i got from there to here.

I tend to agree with Mark Jewban here:
[businessinsider.com/mark-cuban-liberal-arts-is-the-future-2017-2]
Link related

Also, if they'd look past the previous weed smoking, the CIA would hire me in a hot minute. My background was in Terror Management Theory. Helped run studies on Worldview.