50+ years ago the Middle East looked pretty okay, safe to holiday and stuff. What happened?

50+ years ago the Middle East looked pretty okay, safe to holiday and stuff. What happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/5857475/without-trucks-the-tallest-building-in-the-world-would-become-the-tallest-mountain-of-poop
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEULYrXBk3A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jews

Cold War happened, we backed the wrong people and it bit us in the ass.

Doesn't help that the CIA got into the habit of overthrowing democracies in the middle east for the oil.

CIA, MI6, and other intelligence agencies starting proxy wars and revolutions at the behest of dipshit corporations.

Arabs are not suitable for western style societies so they reverted back to their natural state which equals a shithole from my perspective.

>Jews

Watch Adam Curtis "The Power of Nightmares" then watch/read the rest of his work.

Decolonisation and islam
Go back home subhuman leb

Crucially, the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. This is where modern Islamism was founded.

Afghanistan is not middle east.

Most of the middle east is still beautiful. The only time you see the middle east now is when you look at wars. Also gulf Arab countries look more futuristic than anywhere else in the world; dubai.

shit, that looks like middle earth

Nah that's just fucking stupid how they spend their oil money. Building fake islands and classless hotels are not real assets which will net money when the oil reserves dwindle. Norwegians did it right by investing in a massive oil fund which nets actual money and long term property.

Iran could have been a secular country under the leadership of Mosaddegh if the CIA and MI6 didn't overthrow him to put the fucking shah back in power because British Petroleum was raging about nationalized oil.

In the end the Shah got kicked out again, only this time we didn't get a secular nationalist to deal with, we got a Muslim shithole that hates the West forever.

It wasn't just those commie fucks shitting up the Middle East.

Militant groups led by US trained war lords pushed back against it becoming too "western" brutally and won.

The alphabet soup agencies took a giant Muslim shit on the place and then picked a proxy fight with the Commies.

If everyone started to drive electric cars tomorrow those buildings would go into disrepair, their false islands would wash away, and sandstorms would slowly cover the city.

This is my dream

>What happened?
War

Why are you praising others Nokia?

The switch from oil to electric is said to take place in 30 years. I'm personally from Iraq and I know that finance is starting to take over most of these countries. Gulf Arabs own huge shares of American companies. I think Iraq, because it is always at war won't have time to educate and diversify its work force before the oil industry dies like Saddam did but I know Gulf-Arab countries will. Half of my engineering class is rich Arabs who study in Canada.

gizmodo.com/5857475/without-trucks-the-tallest-building-in-the-world-would-become-the-tallest-mountain-of-poop

I think a very conservative total would be 15 tonnes of sewage per day.

That's a lot of poop.

And all of it has to be removed by trucks. The trucks take all this poop to a sewage treatement facility outside of the city. It's the same with most skyscrapers in Dubai, according to Kate Ascher, author of The Heights.

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Dubai will look spec ops: the line tier shit when the oil dwindles

They don't have a sewage system in Dubai. Everything is hauled by trucks.

So will Germany. Muslims will destroy your country.

t. Middle Eastern Christian who escaped

Yep. Its awful.

So much money wasted and no sewage system.

>christian
sure

I believe they're building it as we speak.

Middle East became the ground for proxy battles.
CIA sponsored middle eastern rebels that wanted to fight the URSS.
With no stable government, they plunged basically into anarchy and they jihadized in response.

How dare you question my religious beliefs. Fucking Europeans follow some Mormon tier shit. I'm a member of the Assyrian church of the East formally known as the Nestorian church; one of the oldest branches of Christianity in the world. We still speak Jesus's language and all.

Don't fucking start with me Jamal.

I s l a m

Islamic Revolution of '79 and Western interference because of that.

i know a middle eastern christian. coptic.

A Syrian church?

Those still exist?

More like Assyrian people still exists

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_people

>garbage assertion
>unanswerably open-ended question
>one-post

More like: Islamic Revolution of '79 because of Western interference.

islamists are contemporary barbarians

spring time in arabia

>being this autistic about christfuckery

lol are we supposed to be impressed or something by your level of neckbeard?

lmao, fuck me can dunecoons ever plan anything correctly

Boy didn't you make his point.

That documentary is about Neocohens. Or jewish movement that managed to bring US to fight wars in the ME for democracy, safety and some other shit.
But also to destroy Israels enemies and potential enemies.

Only Iran stands against Israel and they are working hard to bring about that disaster

short answer, Israel is a terrorist usery state that relies on global drug trade, sex slavery and financial corruption

Israel had an American senator called Charlie Wilson on the payroll and had him use American funds to arm the Mujahadeen and overthrow the liberal government in favor of an Islamic conservative government.

>why?
the opium trade, worth $billions, was shut down. And Afghanistan was becoming a functioning state in the Middle East.

>bonus
not only did Israel get the opium trade running again, they also used the American $$$ (used in the fight against the legitimate government) they also did it with Israeli made weapons, that the USA paid $$$$ for.

>update
the Taliban, with their ultra-extreme version of Islam came into power eventually.. and banned opium production, as it's against god....

then.. (((9/11)))

and America has to go back and kill the Taliban thus starting the trade for a second time

TLDR
Americans suck kosher Israeli dick

>What happened?
CIA decided their politics needed some tweaking.

>We still speak Jesus's language and all.
Aramaic? For real? That's actually pretty cool.
t. KEK worshipper

Correct.

>the opium trade, worth $billions, was shut down. And Afghanistan was becoming a functioning state in the Middle East.
Yeah nothing at all to do with them fighting the USSR.

Not gonna lie, Dubai looks very extravagant from what I've seen

That's what the Pyramids looked like before the British cleaned up all the sand

Afghanistan is in the Far East not the Middle East
The CIA fucked up a country in the fear of "communism spreading"
Honestly we should have just let the USSR take Afghanistan while trying harder to stop the Islamic revolution in Iran, and the Middle East would be a lot different day

Decades of Mossad plots and agent provocateurs pulling false flags to keep muslims killing eachother and unable to unite against Israel.

This
The Arabs know the oil won't last forever, hell that's why they're building all the skyscrapers so they can get tourismbux

>Yeah nothing at all to do with them fighting the USSR.
the USSR was their sponsor and security against their neighbours. mainly because the USSR needed their borders secure and free of conflict.

the USA and the USSR both sponsored states. But Afghanistan was supplying $billions in the global drugs trade to Israel.

so why did the USA have a problem with the opium trade stopping and it becoming a viable long-term state? because it stopped the supply of opium and took $billiions away from Israel (their masters).

and what does 'fighting the USSR' even mean? they weren't at war. So, I assume you've been watching to many 80s and 90s movies where you're the good guys killing Ruskies at every turn.. moron

How cucked are you cunts? they even killed JFK and you did nothing!?

If you are OK with Israel doing all this shit to your country, OK, but stop the 'fighting muzzzies and communists" crap

you're cucks to Israel and you should either admit it or end it

Also count in the USS Liberty incident
Israel literally sunk a US navy ship

Why don't you go back home, leech?

War and bad decisions.

How a lot of enlisted men also got married and how their children ended up shitposting here.

Let me explain what happened, Soviets took over the region and things were pretty all right. Some people did not like Soviet rule. USSR brutally supresses rebellions. Public gets behind nationalists. Americans aid these anti Soviet fighters, many of whom are radical islamists. Soviet union collapses in on itself. New states in middle east form. People start invading eachother. 9/11 happens you know story from there.

Colonialism ended

my grandpa always told me about stories of the british ruling Kuwait
best timeline
but then the fucking goyim came in and turned us into shit by making the oil prices high to turn us into greedy twats WHEN WE DIDN'T EVEN START BASIC CIVILISATION

BRITBROS COME BACK

>Nestorian and not Chaldean
wew

Which we do because we need the petrodollar, which is a Jewish creation.

Soviet and the US destabilizing the area

globalism destroyed the middle east. now they're coming for america.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEULYrXBk3A

They are having some success in Mosul. Armed men are raising crosses for churches taken from ISIS. This is the best thing that can happen in the Mideast. How much better a place it would be if it was Christian?

Freedom

Yeah, you really sound like you're following in Jesus' footsteps.

kek

freedom.... north america start pushing to trow soviets for all nations. and all go to hell since, but hey.... usa get cheap oil, not all was lost right?.