The Dark Tower TV

Roland is a nigger
why

gotta get that rotten tomato approval. Though, if the leaked trailer is anything to go by, this seems beyond saving senpai.

because the producers are 3 steps ahead of us and already realize the amount of blacked shoops of the boy that are going to get posted

he's a fucking knight goddamnit

White genocide.

I'm not as bothered by the skin color as I am about the fact that he looks so pristine and clean instead of haggard and weary.

because race is completely inconsequential to the portrayal of a character from a kids story

>Roland is a nigger
>why

Because that's our future, unfortunately.

>I'm not as bothered by the skin color

(((They))) know it and use it against you. Notice how white countries shrinked down in %s in just 50 years. Imagine the world in 2100. Pure horror.

so why?

MODS THEY'RE TRYING TO RECRUIT BETAS AGAIN

Why would a Frankish paladin be black?

>30 million dollar budget
>less than some romcoms

Yeah this is gonna be ass.

This. Roland is supposed to look mangled after walking through the dessert, at least if they start witch the gunslinger. Elba looks to well fed on the picture. What are they doing about Rolands blue eyes, they were kind of his trademark in the books (beside his ugly mug and his big ass revolvers). Just saw the trailer, they even chose behind blue eyes for music ( I'm expecting some sketchily done cgi). I still think swapping the roles of mcC and Elba would've been smarter.

if you don't separate your politics from tv/film in this day and age you're probably not going to enjoy any new show or movie again

unless you're some kind of leftist SJW fag

why would it change the essential elements of the character's person if a Frankish paladin was black?. frankly, i find the paladin aspect the most important piece of the puzzle.... the Frankish and black parts are pretty superficial.

if they are getting the guy from Luther to act in their tv show in any capacity, the producers chose well. he is a likable, talented performer.

>hurr someones race, appearance, genetics, gender, etc are insignificant

ok

Ain't the fucking PALE KNIGHT nawmsayin?

Came to the right place then.

When the majority of white people realize they are staring extinction in the face tribal mentality of survival instincts will kick in

It's called the dark tower user

>this triggers Sup Forums
Are you guys complaining about cultural appropriation right now? Holy fuck it's hilarious.

I can't wait for the backlash. It's going to be hilariously brutal this time.

Not even white but I can feel it user. The sooner the better.

I don't care about changing the race of characters, as long as it makes sense.
Not familiar with the source material, but I've heard racial tension is a large part of one of the sub-plots. So this seems retarded.

>but I've heard racial tension is a large part of one of the sub-plots
Not until the second book

By then it'll be far too late.
Oh well, we had a good run.

so you actually think race exists and it's not just different meaningless phenotype expressions based on environment? I feel like if racists actually knew what they were talking about they would be obsessed with the geography that produced blue eyed white people and they'd never want to live anywhere else like some weird nazi pagan. use your brain for just 5 minutes a day and it'll get stronger

It's not adapting the books.
Basically soft rebooting them

I love Idris Elba and I'm not a racist.

I'm tired of all the bullshit that if you don't approve of Roland being black you're somehow a racist. That's so fucking stupid. If a character is described a certain way, like VERY specifically, cast them that way.

Major isn't Scarjo
Idris isn't Roland

For the race baiters, Tyler Perry wasn't Alex Cross at all, even though they got the race right (was supposed to be Idris, actually, which is perfect).

It's not about racism. It's about shit fucking casting. The race baiting bullshit is a straw man for the lazy studios who have overall deals with actors and put them in shit they have no business being in.

Weak b8, apply yourself

>race is skin color

I know this is b8, but whatever.

More pissed about how they aren't following the source material at all and trying to cash in on shitty commercialized fantasy like GOT or Harry Potter. Also Flagg looks shit, it's like they put zero effort into his design.

What are PC1 and PC2?

Because......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................WE

He looks like a some faggy anime character.

I know this is a sequel to the books and all, but it looks SO shitty.

>ancestry
>populations
>race
>"africans"
nice vagueries. "race" is not a scientific or biological category, and the concept falls apart before even minor critical analysis

I don't really mind, honestly. His relationship with Detta though will be weird.

This bait is weak.

>I'm not a racist.
What the hell is wrong with you?

>Oy gevalt! Don't you know that race is a social construct, goyim?

thought this was a remake of elidor

>Race is totally inconsequential. ...B-But only for white characters.

Get fucked, SJW.

does that mean i, a spanish-american can play martin luther king in a big budget biopic

Fuck off dipship. Don't you have some burgers to flip with your arts degree?

>dog breeds as evidence that there are human races
are you trying to make Sup Forums look bad on purpose

there is no way this is a legit image. this has to have been made as parody.

The only ones who get fucked are the ones whining about movie castings like the manchildren they are

Even suggesting you can't because you aren't the correct race means you're definitely racist by the standards of everyone who says black Roland is fine.

Stephen King has claimed as much. He's fucking retarded, I know, but he has said if you have a problem with black Roland, you must be rayciss.

>"race" is not a scientific or biological category

You're retarded, really...

Things get adapted, people who are fans of the source material are always excited about who is going to play characters they like. When someone is completely miscast, it's a letdown. It isn't being a manchild, it's what fans of literally everything do.

You should probably kill yourself.

>styles of thinking and behavioural tendencies
there is no evidence that those things have genetic/biological bases

>M-M-Manchildren!...

Says the SJW faggot who is White Knighting a corporate cash-in movie just because it has a black guy taking over the role of a white character in it.

Sony is poor?

No need to use language like that

Because Niggers can be Cowboys too

why would you think they don't? ever talked to a woman?

Average IQ and crime statistics paint a different story. Intelligence and aggressive behavior are significantly affected by genetics.

i thought we were talking about the race concept, not differences between the sexes

Truly the Sub-Saharans of Gender.

>these pics
try to be bit more subtle with your false flagging next time

>Whitewashing characters is bad! Fucking racist Hollywood!
>Let's make Doctor black! And Roland! And Bond! And... Lol this triggers you Nazis?
*sips white tears*

why do ya'll always selectively choose certain statistics and studies to support a narrative and ignore the rest? like you'll take the raw number results but ignore the context around them.

I apologize if you're getting triggered, try not to loot any businesses in retaliation.

that picture is retarded, the difference is we don't tend to name animals 'races' and race implies a cultural and ethnographic group which isn't applicable to animals.

They lost 70 million with fembusters

Is it a TV show now? Last I heard they were making a movie.

no but i'm illustrating how silly it that we know there are large genetic differences between genders and turn around and act like there are none when discussing race.

Race implies no such thing. Culture is culture, race is genetics, pure and simple.

>all these illegal immigrants from Sup Forums

you have to go back

Idris elba is sexy as fuck i bet his dick is huge and he is built mmmmmmm

Sup Forums, why do you find it acceptable to venture outside of your containment board?

Hollywood is ours now, white boi.

Don't encourage samefaggery...unless this is a triple samefag, in which case kys.

>Imagine the world in 2100. Pure horror.

Why would I give a fuck? I'm dead by then.

How do we remove these dirty Sup Forums rats from this board, and make Sup Forums great again?

> this one delusional nigger

Cry about your boogeyman on reddit instead

we can't actually discuss "race" until it can be conclusively defined, which isn't possible, because the concept isn't rooted in facts or logic

I loved these books, been following the movie developments for years. First it was JJ, then Ron Howard, Javier Bardem was even Roland at one point. I was really looking forward to an adaptation but these fucks are not getting one shekel from me.

They had Viggo Mortensen when Ron Howard was over it. Goddamn he would've been perfect.

David sure has a small mouth

mods are warning me for posting this despite digits... and the first thread i find it deleted from is the christian one.
>JESUS OF NAZARENE
>YESHUA OF NAZIRITE
>
>
>
>
>
>
>>WE HAVE HOLY RIGHT TO DEFEND CHRISTIAN LANDS
>
>
>
>>>SEEK THE GOSPEL OF PHILIP
>>>KNOW THE FIRE OF GNOSIS AND THE SONG OF SYNCHRONICITY THAT THE (((PHARISEE))) HAVE TAKEN FROM YOU.
>>>OBEY = OY VEY
>>>SHEKKELS=SHACKLES
>>>SATURN=/=JUPITER
>>>THE MORNING STAR IS NOT THE EVENING STAR
>>>HOLOCAUST = HOLOGRAM CAST= HOLOGRAPHIC GRAMMATON SPELL= FAKE GOD.
>>>SHATTER THE DEMIURG!
>>>KNOW THE SAYINGS OF CHRIST THAT PUT HIM TO LANCE
>>>TAKE THE NAZIRITE OATH AS CHRIST SAMSON AND HITLER BEFORE YOU AND WE CAN SAVE THE WEST
>>>WE MUST CONQUER THE TALMUD WITH FIRE OF CHRIST AND SET THIS WORLD FREE

I'll probably give it a watch one rainy day out of boredom but it really pisses me off what could've been the next Lord of the Rings in terms of epicness had to be ruined by forcing diversity in everywhere and catering to SJW values.

you fucker i was just getting ready to destroy that guy

perfect for sucking tiny white weenie like his faggot sculptor intended

Who moved this, that Sup Forumsmblrina nigger redwood?

Statues can't suck penises

Ugh. Liked the first 4 books. Then it became a self-insertion fan fic and went off the rails.

Fucking Sup Forumsmmies your day will come soon

That book sucks balls no wait Stephen king books suck balls.

I've read some of his books and he is a terrible writer

Goddammit user I forgot all about that

Stephen King has become kind of toxic lately with his statements in favour of white supremacy, so they're making sure the adaptations of his work are as PC as possible to avoid trouble

Kikes. Ruin. Everything.

And nobody is the least bit surprised.

Why Sup Forumsmiee shits are here?

>rotten tomato
Absolute fucking cancer.

Yeah, first four were fucking amazing. Way better than anything that lefty shit has ever written. Then he got hit by a van and the whole book became about that. It lowered the quality to everything else he's shat out over the years. The Wolves of the Calla is the worst book I've ever finished.