What's it like living in liberal hellholes like Silicon Valley?

What's it like living in liberal hellholes like Silicon Valley?

I'm going to be interning at a top tech company (google/cuckbook/microsoft/amazon) there this summer. How does a conservative straight white male survive?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor
commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/apr/2014-state-scorecard
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pretend you are a liberal

this

I hope you're mentally prepared to work with man-children, OP.

> Hellholes
It's probably one of the nicest areas in the country and the world. The only downside is the cost of everything and a lot of the people are annoyingly faggoty left-wing types, but just ignore them and don't bring up politics and you'll be fine.

>How does a conservative straight white male survive?

Dont bring it up, avoid the conversation.

If it comes up... be nebulous. I am conservative/libertarian, but dont exactly care for trump. So I can sort of mention I dont approve, which is true.

But I tell you man this shit is so fucking stupid here.

lying aint cool man

You just want to brag about your internship. Nobody gives a fuck.

How can I act like a liberal but not look like a SJW? I want my managers to respect me.

Never discuss politics. Learn to ignore the liberal bullshit jabs they toss out to "see if you're one of them". Don't mention guns or hunting.

Also don't come here if you EVER want to get married or start a family. The silicon valley ain't the place for that unless you want a 4/10 who thinks she's a nine. I honestly advise not coming at all. It's not worth it.

Just pretend that your Jewish.
I'm serious that make most of the other white people get off your case.
Not sure about the poo-in-loo, but distancing away from white is the best course of action.
Also while the people sucks, the weather in general is pretty great, so don't lose your chance to work there.
So don't act like a sperg and say anything that conservative, if you like to keep your job.

There are some woke people in the tech community, most of the SJW are Indians who are on H1B visas.

You can't just pretend that you're Jewish, for one he probably doesn't look Jewish at all and secondly you're bound to meet other Jews and you won't know what the fuck you're talking about and there will be stuff that makes it obvious you aren't Jewish which will make you look like some weird paranoid lying freak.

I work at a unicorn with valuation north of $10B

just don't say shit, don't talk about politics. that's it. while everyone else around you is sobbing uncontrollably over the next perceived holocaust just continue to live your life well. I took the day after election day off because so many of the libcucks couldn't "even" - free vacation day friendo!

also if you're interning as a software engineer do not work at google or facebook. amazon is okay and microsoft is the best in terms of how they treat their engineers.

>“I didn’t become a software engineer to be trying to make ends meet,” said a Twitter employee in his early 40s who earns a base salary of $160,000. It is, he added, a “pretty bad” income for raising a family in the Bay Area.

>“We make over $1m between us, but we can’t afford a house,” said a woman in her 50s who works in digital marketing for a major telecoms corporation, while her partner works as an engineer at a digital media company. “This is part of where the American dream is not working out here.”

>Another tech worker feeling excluded from the real estate market was 41-year-old Michael, who works at a networking firm in Silicon Valley and last year earned $700,000. Sick of his 22-mile commute to work, which can sometimes take up to two and half hours, he explored buying a property nearer work. Although he said his salary means he can afford to live a decent life, he finds the cost of living, combined with the terrible commute, unpalatable.

theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/27/silicon-aa-cost-of-living-crisis-has-americas-highest-paid-feeling-poor

I (uropoor) went there for a week a month ago. It was fucking hell. Full of asians, mexicans, cars, indians, transsexuals and faggots, expensive bad food, HORRID TRAIN SERVICE and the culture disgusted me. I saw a fucking slide at the google offices. A fucking slide to go from the first to the ground floor.

I wouldn't go there again. I absolutely wouldn't fucking live there.

He has to lie if he wants to keep the internship.

When pressed to talk politics, just say

>I don't really want to talk politics, it's pretty awkward to speak from a position of privilege

Works every single time.

this; the variance in silicon valley is extremely high. dont expect to be able to strike up an interesting conversation in a coffee shop, but if you find the right networks, there are some very interesting and redpilled people there.

you're going to be paying 2,500/mo for rent, and your commute will be 1-2 hours on your company bus. Imagine being in a boarding school but more hellish.

Meanwhile local homeowners like my parents will be able to afford cruises every six months.

Nice.

>going on cruises

your dad would be less of a cuck if he paid someone to fuck your mom

This. Also if you're worth a shit you need to look at Tesla or SpaceX.

Are they still doing Play-Doh breaks for people triggered by the election results?

Everything is 4x more expensive because "muh privilege".

Hipsters. Hipsters everywhere.
>starbucks webdev meme is not just true, its the rule

Financially, you are not allowed to own a house.

All developers are pajeet, and they have learned to hate everyone (especially other pajeet).

All drivers are Chinese, and turn signals are overrated.

Boo hoo rich people can't afford the lifestyles they want.

Hang 'em.

>do not work at google or facebook
Why's that? I heard Amazon is very toxic and doesn't treat their software engineers well.

I am Jewish and liberal SJWs are shittier to me about it than real deal white supremacists living in fucking Malheur.

You'll either sperg out like an SJW or learn to live with other people's opinions being different than yours.

Musk underpays bigly.

>PhD in Mathematics
>4 years as teacher
>15 years as engineer
>Offered $80k to live in WA

I didn't spend 12 years of my life to live in a fucking crackerbox.

amazon's engineering team is very well regarded - they produce and foster some of the best talent in the world. if you work with amazon alums you'll quickly understand that people who come out of that organization are insanely competent. they treat their warehouse employees like fucking garbage but the engineers are treated/paid quite well.

Really nice quality of life. People are usually friendly, amazing food, lots of fresh air and pretty sights. All kinds of entertainment and attractions.

Just don't be an idiot and bring up politics at work.

Shell companies.

How do you beat procrastination, fellow autist?

I don't know. Anything I say that isn't sugar-coated lies gets me called a nazi. I mentioned that some people are just incapable of working because they're fuckups (hence why we can never have 0% unemployment).

It isn't rich.

40% of your income goes to taxes.
another 40% goes to rent that should instead go into savings for a mortgage down payment.

Houses are $2-3M in SF, and insanely small (900sf average ffs).

The dollar is going the way of the peso in large cities.

>So don't act like a sperg and say anything that conservative, if you like to keep your job.
Why are liberals so opposed to free speech and opinions?

You should try to intern for a real tech company, not a meme company filled with man-children and SJWs.

if you look at me you'd call me a hipster faggot but i'm just a 2005 Sup Forums nerd whos culture has been coopted by faggots.

i fit in extremely well, had nigger friends from oakland, asians from CAL, some stanford people. everyone's pretty nice. as others have said, just don't bring up your views so directly. i've never had an issue even as a white male with blonde hair and blue eyes.

it's the NYC of the west, everyone's trying to one up each other because they think they're special snowflakes. there's no 'culture' since everyone moved here for work or school, and all that exists is the shitty bar scene where kids with trust funds go to the Marina if they are Stacy's or the Mission if they think they're alt.

i left after 5 years because i'm fed up with paying $2,000 for rent, and start up culture is trash. worked at 3 companies, 1 IPO'd and 1 that was already public, so I'd say I have a good understanding of what goes on in the valley.

everything is a mirage, and whenever the real economic downturn occurs, SF and the Bay will suffer.

if you're an intern you're worthless and people treat you like some entitled errand boy. noone cares about you since you'll be gone, so all you'll have is nerdy Poos or Gooks, other interns to hang out with. if you have any specific questions @ me bro

You don't.

Do exactly the minimum they require, and less if you can get away with it.

The process is BS. Years and years of worthless BS.

Then, you get the pleasure of enjoying nervous procrastination in the face of vague requirements thrown at you by some SJW asshat project manager.

I grew up here and work in the industry. Unless you live in SF or Berkeley you won't see much of it. Also, I only socialize a little with the other locals. Avoid politics at work.

Interesting, thanks. I am going to be an SDE intern with them actually. I'll have next summer to intern as well, where would you suggest I try to work?

I live in Boston, one of the most liberal areas of the country, and it's fantastic. You generally have unrivaled access to health care, public school systems that virtually guarantee your child wont be a fuckup, and communities that actually give a shit about their neighbors which means solid, almost recession proof property values and safe streets.

Honestly if you are afraid of places like that, I would strongly encourage you to stay in your republicuck containment zones, where barely 2/3 of kids generally even finish high school, teen pregnancy and infant mortality rates are on par with subharan africa, and 1 out of 5 families live below the poverty line because they are too lazy to get jobs while simultaneously bitching about people are are "Self starters".

Nothing more hilarious than people who live in this area bitching about "hurr durr libtards", but then curiously refusing to move...perhaps because the quality of life in "libtard" states makes conservacuck states look like cesspools by comparison.

The numbers dont lie, kids.

I'm just starting my PhD, and unless I slave away like a cuck I don't see myself get a job.

don't drink, keep your mouth shut. that's how you survive

Learn to suck dick.
All liberals suck dick. A proven fact.

I'm living in Brighton, most liberal city in the UK, and it's great. I've hardly met any of these ultra-SJW tumblr people, some that look like that but we never talk about politics. Worst thing I've heard is some irl unironic Drumpf posting.

Wait you mean that place where the terrorists bombed the marathon?

>company bus
spoiled much?

Try sitting on the 405 for 3 hours a day in the midst of an endless sea of rude-ass Chinese.

doesnt that make it a decacorn

Trade honesty,agency and will for money. Quit beating around the bush and just kill yourself.

do you look like a techie?

expect to be treated with contempt by all the women as they assume you're a numale beta faggot and they'll work to keep you in that box, step out of it at your own risk.

Are you a "handsome" (by san francisco standards which is very easy) guy with 3 months of muscle or "noob gains"? Do whatever the fuck you want and be treated by a god in a sea of scum.

I'm not even sure what this post is supposed to mean, kek. Even if i stoop to your level, there were a total of 3 fatalities from the bombing, the perps were apprehended within days, and the city went back to normal in virtually no time at all. This of course highlights another difference between your hated "libtard" states and the shithole where you live: people here dont hide and shit their pants like pussies because donald trump and rush limbaugh tell you to. You are the definition of a cuck.

Is this really the best you kids can come up with? No wonder you cant hold down a job and will be stuck living in a double wide with mommy into your 40s.

also texas has the best hospitals in the united states and maybe even the world

Yep, I ignore the obvious baits and only talk politics with a couple of other red pilled co workers. Almost everyone is extreme left or feels they have to pretend to be to fit in.

And I don't work for Cuckbook or Google, those places with extreme SJW corporate culture but our recruiting was given an order to turn away fucking white males so we're getting just as bad.

>communities that actually give a shit about their neighbors which means solid, almost recession proof property values and safe streets.
i wonder if this is the white or black part of town

Doesn't help much when half your state cant afford it.

commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/apr/2014-state-scorecard

Used to work at a start up in the Bay Area after being offered a 90k salary
Lasted one year and here's why

>Homeless people on every corner of the city
>Astronomical rent and taxes, only had three thousand in my savings after living frugally for a year
>Liberals there made Toronto look conservative
>The slightest reveal of your power level would get you blacklisted
>Had to commute three hours to work everday

Honestly the U.S is due for another economic downturn and possibly tech burst.
SF will probably sink into the sea sometime in the few years

Will most likely myself work in that whole area, but guessing immigrants have a freepass to being redpilled?

This tho.
Immigration from India should be given less privilege than European immigration
>mfw have to compete for a visa with the same people whose country fears toilets and who speak with a thick accent after 20+ years in America

Oh and Indian males are the cringiest abhumans ever.

no it means he works for an overvalued company that won't retain its value and his stock is worth literally $0 yet he's some cuck who brags about working at that shit company that doesn't care about its employees while the funders and founders will get rich

companies >$10B private

>uber -60B - overvalued
>airbnb - 30B - i guess the only one that can be worth htis
>palantir - 20B - overvalued / vaporware
>wework - 17B - overvalued / ponzi real estate
>pinterest - 11B - overvalued / ad-tech is cancer
>dropbox - 10B - overvalued / can't even raise money at this valuation

so either he's lying or a faggot, take your pick

Just talk about the major high holy days and something else.

If you run into any of (((them))), they're likely going to be reformed and only do the bare minimum.

Shlomo is going to be easy to spot and avoid.

>Hang em
Communist detected

If you spend 40% of the income on rent, that's you're on problem. The trick is to work in a city for a couple years and pocket as much money as you can, then relocate somewhere cheaper but keep your big city income.

I'm from ohio and worked in boston for three years a tech firm after college, spent less than 5% of my income on rent, and saved >50% pretax. When I moved back two years ago and cashed in on my stock options it was like retiring to a third world country everything seemed so ridiculously cheap. And all the tech companies in the area worship the places in san fran and the east coast like your gods.

>French giving advice on master surrendering strategy

t. Buttblasted southerner in shithole town

Tell them they are oppressive when they ask about your Jewish heritage. Also actually learn about Jews and go to Torah study. I'm sure they can give you pointers, intentionally or no. You'll get better at recognizing kikes at the very least

t.someone who obviously doesn't live in said shithole

I always say "It's best to not talk politics"

What's your point? Liberal white communities do MUCH better than conservative white communities, and have much higher standards of living. That's all that he is saying.

CS major here jealous af. How'd you do it? I have a 3.9 at a state school with a good CS program, 2 internships at local tech companies. Got interviews with facebook and bloomberg (not silicon valley I know) but bombed them.

Move to Morgan Hill/San Martin/Gilroy and bass fishing in Coyote, Calero, Uvas, Chesbro, and Anderson reservoirs.

Coyote Bait & Tackle is one of the best shops in America. They are on Monterey Hwy in South San Jose.

San Juan is nice and quiet. Hollister is further out but has nice weather and the biker rally every 4th of July.

ITT: Pussies who are afraid of having their feewings hurt. This is exactly what the left wants. Be proud that your a conservative. Otherwise you're just a cuck.

Both, Jamaica Plain, Dorchester, Roxbury etc are all the "black areas" and those areas are just as robust as the rest of the city because (surprise!) people actually want to live in Boston and are willing to improve even shitty communities, unlike southern shitholes where folks think that "patriotism" means "fuck my neighbors"

Talked to older guy said he first purchased a half acre lf land in cupertino with 4k he borrowed from his mother. Now that house he built on the land worth 3 million. Said he refuses to sell

Obviously sheltered communities like that will be liberal. They've never experienced the horrors of the nigger.

The south is conservative and racist because they live too close to niggers.

I'm also interested. Soon finishing with my master degree in Engineering and already got a job offer from a top-company in the silicon valley.

I can't imagine that it's worse than in Germany, so I might give it a try.

Germany is great for the lowerclass and lazy people since they have it easy: Can't be fired because of "being lazy" and even they lose the job they get welfare. Who has to pay for all of it? The hard working people.

In the US you either work hard/do a good job or you are fucked. Is that true?

I assure you that us "libtards" couldnt give less of a shit about your feelings. We know our states are better than yours and I've expressed that clearly in this thread. Just be thankful you still have a steady flow of our tax dollars to keep you semi-afloat. Fucking parasites.

tell me more about rural, white "self sufficiency" when they suck down more welfare, food stamps, and govt subsidies than every minority group combined.

You will be begging for a bullet to the skull after a week. Those people are insufferable.

I work at EA (Texas) and anytime you visit California you just need to learn how to suppress your power level. Keep political opinions to yourself. If some sjw liberal brings up some political shit or is like "OMG DID YOU SEE WHAT TRUMP SAID ON TWITTER!?" just nod your head and say "yeah."

Otherwise, the second you go against the liberal narrative, you paint a target on your back and will be center of any gossiping that happens and it's just not a good career move and worth the hassle.

If anything, just take pleasure into watching the butthurt like I do

>I live in Boston, one of the most liberal areas of the country, and it's fantastic.

The R.o.C or (((Brookline))) doesn't count shithead.

>that virtually guarantee your child wont be a fuckup

As a teacher I can tell you right the fuck now that that's not true. Our high school system is a sham in most parts of the state and our higher education is where the idea of (((College))) comes from.

>communities that actually give a shit about their neighbors

If you live in Boston you don't know a damn person that lives in your overpriced apartment. If you live in the suburbs outside of Boston you are too busy trying to keep Lynn, Lowell, Worcester, etc out of your white property.

This.

Be cool about the topic. Never praise Trump. Shake your head condescendingly and condemn Trump whenever he is brought up (think John Oliver). Always refer to Trump as "Cheeto-in-Chief"

>Said he refuses to sell
He'll be forced to thanks to eminent domain and land-hungry corporations.

Why are all the major centres of innovation liberal shit holes?

Silicon Valley used to be incredibly prestigious and at the forefront of technological advancement and California has fucking Hollywood.

Cambridge is the new Silicon Valley anyway

Valley fags don't realize it

>MIT
>Harvard
>BC, BU, NEU
>Small schools fucks from Tufts, Babson, Bentley, Brandeis, Emerson, Lesley, Simmons, Suffolk etc.

I'd rather start my startup and recruit naive MIT/Harvard/BC/BU kids than go to SV and get fucked these days.

this
OP, get a Nintendo DS or some other gay-boy portable game system, nu-males always have those, you dont even need to play it, just leave it on your desk, you'll blend right in.

Moreso than Europe at least

Keep your mouth shut, act and look like everyone else. Big companies value conformity uber alles.

When will Trump false flag an attack that destroys California? Is there any dams to sabatoge? We can blame it on liberals, make a new Al quiada to fuck up.
Also no, I'm not serious CIA. I'd never try this myself, it's merely a suggestion :^)

>Harvard and the literally who's

It's just MIT.

Cali has Stanford, Caltech, UC Berkeley, etc. these schools are way more relevant in tech than Harvard

It's not hard living around liberals if you're not autistic. People have their own opinions, why would you give a shit if your coworker votes for someone else if they do their job? You guys spend too much time in your echo chamber, and need to get out and see the world. It's not hard to interact with people.

They are liberal because they live in a bubble. These places are very nice I agree, but there's a feeling of delusion in the air. Delusion driven by wealth. You have to be wealthy and privileged to buy into the liberal mentality, just as you have to be socially isolated to buy into the Sup Forums mentality. As for the rest of your stuff all of that applies to minorities more than anyone else.

This is brilliant. Thanks frog-bro

I'm working in Portland right now and all of this applies here too, especially the homeless. I wouldn't recommend coming here either; even Seattle is better.

Brookline is literally one example. Lynn, Lowell, Lawrence are outliers, not the rule. Here's a very small list of towns are are 100% more desirable than the vast majority of bible belt shitholes:

Andover
Beverly
Gloucester
Rockport
Manchester
Lynnfield
Peabody
Danvers
Salem
Stoneham
Reading
North Reading
Wellesley
Newton
Waltham
Lincoln
Sudbury
Watertown
Medford
Cambridge
Braintree
Weymouth
Abington

I could go on, but you see the point.

It's cute that you can namedrop a couple random outliers. .But frankly even many of those are still more desirable places to live with pockets of big wealth than any trailer park infested shithole.

>public school systems that virtually guarantee your child wont be a fuckup

Stopped reading there, now I know you don't live in Boston.

Fuck Oracle and fuck you

What do you mean? it is written in plain english, you really couldn't understand that 1 whole sentence??? wtf i thought you were bragging about your great education lol

1 million between a couple and they can't afford a house? That's fucking bullshit. How else could Oakland be full of nigs and spics?

How fucked will the Valley be when there's another tech bubble burst

Sooner or later these investors are gonna realize that some of these start ups are way too overvalued just like in '99

5%? What were you living in (or making yearly)? Someone's old VW van? An RV?

I was making about $95k in Irvine. Anything less than $2500 (about 1200sf) is impossibly small for me (yes, personal problem, but I can't afford a breakdown). I had about $1200/mo left over after taxes for misc. expenses, of which I spent $500/mo on gas because they couldn't into remote work. The rest went into savings.

Gas being a write-off, yes, but the refund wasn't worth it.

I swear I've sustained permanent brain damage from the hell I went through.

>who thinks she's a nine
So Fucking Tempting